Red Eyes {Teen Wolf/Derek Hal...

By Jupiteramalthea

McKenzie McCall. Dark brown hair. Green eyes. Scott McCall's little sister, by 12 minutes. Will she, Scott an... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10] {EPISODE 4}
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12] {Episode 5}
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 15] {Episode 6}
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
Authors note
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20] {Episode 9}
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
Epilogue
Hiding Orange Eyes...
THANKYOU SO MUCH!!

[Chapter 14]

12.9K 338 23
By Jupiteramalthea

McKenzie P.O.V

I had been at the animal clinic for an hour. I was currently tending to the dogs. They seemed to love me for some reason. Must be a werewolf thing.

"Hey, Scott, it's me again. I'm just calling to make sure that everything's okay. You were supposed to be here an hour ago. Maybe you forgot. Well, whatever it is, just give me a call and let me know that everything's okay. All right. Thanks." I heard Deaton's phone snap shut. "Sheriff Stilinski."

"Listen, I uh, hate to bother you but I'm having a hard time getting a consensus on what this is we're dealing with," Sheriff Stilinski explained.

"I'm really flattered you came to me for help, but, like I said before, I'm no expert," Deaton said.

I walked out of the dog kennels and cleared my throat.

"Anything else I can do doc?" I asked him.

"Actually, would you mind taking a look at these pictures? You know your animals even better than me," he said, smiling. He went to the dogs to check on the Doberman only he could treat.

"Of course. What's up sheriff?" I asked Mr Stilinski.

"I want to show you something. We got a little lucky here. Uh, the video store doesn't have any cameras, but a security camera that was watching another parking lot happened to catch a few frames. Take a look at our mountain lion," he said, placing a photo down on the desk. He placed another one down. "Here's another."

In both pictures, it showed the 'mountain lion', aka the alpha, running through the parking lot.

"It's interesting," I said, trying to not sound guilty.

"Actually, I think you'll find this one, the interesting one."

Another picture was placed in front of me, only this time it showed a person. Judging by the body shape, it's a man.

"I see what you mean," I commented, still looking at the photo.

"I've never seen a mountain lion do that," the sheriff said.

"Can't say I have either. You've got a problem here," I stated, not knowing what else to say.

"My first instinct was it's a bear, but bears don't walk on two legs," he pointed out.

"No, they drop to all fours. Look, like the doc said, you really need an expert in here."

"Yeah, yeah, but - Could this still be a mountain lion?" He asked.

"It could, but if you look, there's no tail. Honestly, I have no idea what it is. I'm sorry I couldn't help," I said, being sincere.

"It's okay McKenzie. Thank you for your help," he said leaving.

As soon as he left, i felt a pain run through my body, but disappear soon after. Another one rang through my body a couple seconds later, making me collapse on my knee's, just as Deaton came back in.

"It's your promised, isn't it?"

Scott P.O.V

"So, being completely honest, this was kind of a perfect birthday," Allison said, once she got in the drivers seat. Her heart didn't skip a beat! She had a good day!

"Good. I'd know if you were lying anyway," I said. "You have a tell."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. You touch your eyebrow, right here," I answered, touching the right corner of her eyebrow.

She grabbed my hand and I rubbed her knuckles with my thumb.

"okay then. Tell me if I'm lying now," she kissed the back of my hand. "I wish that my parent's weren't coming home from the teacher conferences so - I could spend the rest of the day with you."

"Rest of the day?" I questioned, slightly bewildered.

"Well," she started. "Rest of the night."

"With me?" Then something hit me. Something she had said. "Oh god! The parent-teacher conferences! I'm supposed to be there! Ugh! I'm below a 'C' in everything!"

"Well, they're going on, like, right now."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3rd P.O.V

"Jackson's a highly motivated student. In fact, I'd describe him as 'unusually driven'," Mr Harris said to Mr and Mrs Wittemore.

"Yeah, we were hoping he might ease up on himself a little. He's always been real hard on himself. It's just, you know, something we assumed was an effect of him being adopted," Mr Wittemore explained, worry lacing his features. Oh, how he wished his son would just take a day to relax.

"I think I understand," Mr Harris lied. "He's never met his biological parents."

"Yeah, thats right. It's the need to please, the overachieving, the desire to make someone proud. Someone he's never even met," Mrs Wittemore expanded.

"Something certainly seems to have recalibrated his desire for achievement several notches higher. Not to be too blunt about it, but he seems almost obsessed."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Let me tell you, there's plenty to say about Lydia," Miss Smith said, skimming over her top students file.

"Did I not predict this?" Mr Martin said said to his ex-wife.

"Here we go. Total. Nuclear. Meltdown," Miss Martin said, putting emphasis on 'here'.

"What is it? Is it her grades, concentration issues, erratic behaviour?" Mr Martin exclaimed.

"I'm not the one who told her she has to choose who she lives with! As if that wouldn't warp a sixteen year old girl!" Miss Martin was now on the verge of shouting, her anger rising overtime Mr Martin huffed.

"Just tell us what the problem is," He demanded.

"I wasn't aware there was a problem," Miss Smith stated, clearly disapproving of Lydia's parents behaviour. "Academically, Lydia's one of the finest students I've ever had. Her A.P classes push her G.P.A above a 5.0. I'd actually like to have her I.Q tested. And socially, she displays outstanding leadership qualities. I mean, she's a real leader."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Where are you? Get to school, now!" Melissa McCall said down the phone, trying to reach her son. Her daughter, McKenzie, had just arrived and was waiting for it to start so she could go to Derek's house.

"Perhaps we should start?" Mr Harris questioned the two McCall's.

"Sure."

"Lately, Scott's mind has been somewhere else, as has his body. Personally, i think it's to do with his home situation," Harris stated, not caring about Melissa's feelings. Or McKenzie's for that matter.

"Oh, well, personally, I'm not sure what you mean by 'home situation'," Melissa stated, clearly offended.

"Uh, specifically the lack of an authority figure."

"Yeah, well, Mom's the authority figure so-" McKenzie started.

"Sorry. Allow me to clarify. I mean the lack of a MALE authority figure," Harris interrupted.

"Oh. Well. Trust me, we're  better off without him in the picture," Melissa said, uncomfortable with the topic at hand.

"Well, does Scott feel the same way?"

"Yes. I think so. I hope so."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Allison Argent. An incredibly sweet girl. And quick to adjust, despite all the moving around," Miss Smith said, reading Allison's file.

"We know it's hard on her, but it's a necessary evil," Mr Argent said, looking at his wife.

"Necessary or not, I'd be prepared for some - How do I put this?"

"Rebelliousness?" Mrs Argent filled in. "We appreciate the concern, but we have a great relationship with our daughter. Very open and honest."

"I'm happy to hear that. Let her know i hope she feels well soon," Miss Smith said, having no idea how much trouble she got Allison in.

"She wasn't in class?" Mr Argent questioned.

"Oh, she wasn't in school. I checked with the office."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

McKenzie P.O.V

I stepped outside after the conference and walked down in the car park. I saw Allison's car and decided to scare the unsuspecting couple inside. I climbed on the roof as quietly as I could. I tapped on the front window, then the passenger and last, but not least, the drivers window. I then jumped on the bonnet causing both Allison and Scott to scream.

"Hey guys, hows it going?" I grinned.

They both got out the car. Mom started walking over, along with with Mr and Mrs Argent.

"Hey mom. I'm staying over at a friends tonight. Is that okay?" I asked her.

"Yes of course. Just swing by in the morning and get changed."

I slowly started jogging over to the woods when i heard a scream behind me. I whirled around and saw something running around. I saw Scott moving Allison out the way of a car. I grabbed Mr Stilinski before he could get hit by a car and took the hit myself. I was dizzy for a few moments, then two gunshots rang through the air, clearing my thoughts.

"I'm okay. I'm okay," I reassured mom. I went to see what was shot and discovered a mountain lion. Oh dear god.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Derek P.O.V

I finished setting up the blanket for Ze and I's first date. I suddenly felt a pain in my waist and my head. Ze! I ran all the way to the school and found a dead mountain lion in the parking lot, along with all three of the McCall's.

"Ze? Are you alright?" I asked her from my crouched down position in the woods. I couldn't let Miss McCall see me.

"I'm fine. What are you doing here?"

"Checking on you! Come here. I have a surprise for you," I said, before flashing my eyes blue so she could see me properly.

I saw her start to walk over. Here goes nothing. I grabbed her hand once she was close enough and we ran up to the candle lit picnic blanket I had set up. Where I had set it up, you could see the entire of beacon hills. The streetlights were beautiful and I made all the food myself.

"Derek? What is this? It's beautiful!" She exclaimed, covering  her mouth with her hands.

"This, Ze, Is our first date."

I led her to the blanket and sat down on one of the pillows. I sat her down on my lap and she snuggled into my chest. After grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around us, I grabbed the basket.

"There's grapes, strawberries, pancakes, waffles and chocolate. There's also pizza. For drinks, there's cola, water or pink lemonade. So, what would you like?"

"A slice of pizza and a water please," she said, still nuzzled into my chest.

I grabbed her a slice of cheese pizza and a bottle of water and handed them to her. I then proceeded to grab myself a bottle of cola and a slice of pizza.

"This view is amazing," Ze said, smiling.

"I'm glad you like it. I wanted our first date to be perfect."

I fed her some grapes and she decided to feed me strawberries.Once we had our fill of food, I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the tent I had set up. She yawned, making me chuckle. I placed her in the sleeping bag and got her changed into the t-shirt i brought for her. I then proceeded to get changed myself and lie down next to her. I wrapped an arm around her waist protectively and listened to the sound of her soft breathing. Before she fell asleep, I whispered three words.

"I love you."

And the best part? She whispered them back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And so, episode 5 is completed. Thank you for 500 reads. I've been wanting to write the date for a while now but never knew where to put it. I think that the next chapters are going to be the best. I already have the last chapter planned out. I'll update as much as I can this weekend. Again, thanks for reading. Make sure to comment, vote and share.

-Jupiter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.4K 23
Hayley Knight is known for fighting for what she believes in. She's also known for the Knight Industries, one of the best Criminal Defense Attorney o...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
243K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
192K 3K 25
Top of her class, brilliant and way to sarcastic for her own good. And loves pie. Those are what people usually say to describe Hannah Price. her job...