You Mean The World To Me (Zia...

By shimefuan

Niall has been working as a personal assistant to the lively, rambunctious boys of One Direction. But he has... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note v3
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 10

2.9K 93 221
By shimefuan

Good day everybody! Here I am, updating again. I'm supposed to post this last night, but I was exhausted, so I postponed it for a couple of hours. I didn't realize that it was a long chapter until I edit it LOL. Sometimes, I got lost myself when I'm writing, not realizing that I've been sitting in front of my laptop and writing continuously.

I might be able to post another update on Saturday since I don't have class on Monday.

If anyone read my wall/timeline, I said that I was changing my Twitter, and I'd appreciate if you want to follow me. Of course, I'll post status updates about this story. I might even post spoilers :D or if you want to just chat/talk with me, I'm cool with it. So if anyone is interested, follow @Shime_TheWriter.
*****
It has been five days after they did the press conference in Milan, and now the boys locked themselves in Liam's flat. The black leather sofa was big enough for them to sit with enough space. The fifty-inch flat TV screen was placed on a wall in front of them as they watch some TV program to pass the time.

Harry reached out for the remote on the small coffee table on the side because this soap opera on the television screen was making him sleepy. He wanted to watch something that doesn't make him drowsy―maybe some sports channel.

As for Louis, sitting on the far right of the sofa, was flipping page after page of a fashion magazine. His cerulean orbs traveled on every single detail of the couture dress of a woman in the center of the page.

"This looks beautiful." He commented as he felt Zayn's body heat pressing against his skin.

"What is it?"

"This," Louis pointed the white couture dress. "I'm gonna wear that someday." He giggled.

Zayn just looked at his bandmate as if his band mate was growing horns on the forehead. "Louis, that's a dress..."

Louis faced his bandmate with a pout on his face. "And what's that supposed to mean? So you're saying just because I have a penis that I don't have the right to wear a dress?" His eyebrows and mouth shuddered as he crossed his arms over his chest and drumming his fingers over his shoulder.

"No, that's not what I'm saying..." Zayn regretted saying those words because he didn't think things through first. Him and his stupid mouth.

"So what is your point then?"

"You know what I'm just gonna sit here and shut my mouth." Zayn said, doing a zipping thing over his lips to show that he's going to close his mouth and never speak again.

"Hmmphhh!" Louis scoffed. "Maybe that's why Niall never chose you..." He mumbled.

"What'd you say?" Zayn heard the words clear enough even though Louis whispered it. He was having a hard time already to spend some quality time with their assistant and Louis being a whiner doesn't help either.

"Okay, you two. Stop this instant," Liam reprimanded, trying not to agitate the two further. He was standing behind them as the red apron placed in front of him and holding a tray filled with frozen lasagna. "I'm gonna put this in the oven, and if I heard any more whispering between you two, I'll kick you out. Do we have an understanding?"

"Fine by me." Louis scoffed.

"That's okay with me." Zayn said.

"I can't believe this guy!" Harry shouted. His long arms flapped around to show his agitation towards the soccer game on the TV screen. "Use your hands to block!"

After five minutes, Liam returned, sitting between Zayn and Louis. The tension between them was palpable.

He turned to Louis. "Is Niall going to come over?"

Just hearing the name of Niall made Zayn ecstatic. His stomach fluttered with joy as the smile was working across his mouth. He leaned in against Liam to hear Louis' answer just in case he mumbled again.

"It's his day off today," Louis replied without looking at Liam. He continued flipping through the pages of the same fashion magazine. "Just let the guy rest for a while. He's been scampering for us for a very long time."

"Wow, you are really in a sour mood," Liam joked, glancing between Louis and the soccer match on the TV screen. Then, he nudged Zayn beside him and whispered, "What did you say to Louis?"

"I'd rather not say before he gutted me right here." Zayn shrugged, not risking to be skinned alive by his band mate.

"Don't start me with me, Liam..." Louis threatened, still his eyes glued on the magazine.

"Wha―I'm not saying anything," Liam said, putting his hands in the air as a show of his surrendering.

Louis knew that it was wrong for him to snap at Liam who was clueless about the situation. It's just Zayn's comment was insensitive and making him want to breathe fire and directed it towards him. He slowly closed the magazine, heaving a sigh as he pushed away the negative energy within and stare at his band mates.

"As far as I know, he's with Aiden right now. I think they're buying a video camera. Apparently, Niall broke the one that Aiden was using."

Zayn was alarmed suddenly. Just the thought of Niall spending time with Aiden doesn't sit well with him.

"Well, you better call him back and tell him to go here," Zayn commanded. And once again, not filtering his thoughts has gained Zayn a weirded look from Louis.

"And why would I do that?"

"Yeah, Zayn. Why would Louis do that?" Liam questioned, turning to Zayn.

"Look, we don't know anything about this guy. What if he's some kind of a bad guy?" Zayn stated, explaining his side of things without making it too obvious that he has a hidden agenda―namely Niall Horan.

"I don't see that. Aiden looks like a good guy to me." Louis answered.

Liam nodded. "I agree with Louis. Besides, he's my workout partner."

"You don't understand my point. I'm having a bad feeling about this guy. Besides, Niall is my―" Zayn was explaining further before Louis cut him off.

"Zayn, if you dare say one more time about Niall being your little brother, I will roll this magazine and beat you with it!" Louis was not subtle about his irritation against Zayn. Not once that he believed that Zayn meant those words. Louis thought that Zayn was hiding his real feelings towards their assistant by using the brotherly love, which was totally ridiculous if you asked Louis.

Zayn opened his mouth to defend himself. But words seem to fail him as soon as he saw Louis' twitching mouth, indicating that he's not messing around, so he decided not to aggravate Louis.

"Zayn, you don't have to worry about Niall. I'm sure he can take care of himself." Liam eased his band mate. The anxiousness and fear were evident on Zayn. "Besides, they knew each other before."

"They do?" Zayn asked. Oh, this is news, for him.

"They were schoolmate way back in high school in Ireland." Liam stated.

"And also Niall's crushing on Aiden since freshman until they graduated." Louis added. "I mean, I could really see that. Aiden is really a good looking guy."

"But Niall didn't do anything about it because Aiden has a girlfriend back then." Harry said in a matter-of-fact tone after pressing the mute button on the remote.

"How'd you know all this stuff?" Zayn asked.

"Hey!" Harry pouted. "I pay attention too, you know..."

"Forget about that..." Liam dismissed the sulking Harry, turning to Zayn. "Why are you so bothered with Aiden?"

Zayn paused. As much as he wanted to bad mouthed the bastard, Zayn avoided unnecessary tension between them. After hearing this information about the guy, he still can't erase the feeling of uneasiness towards the guy. The more Niall spent time with Aiden, the more the blonde gets further away from him―and he can't just let it happen.

"I'm just looking out for Niall, that's all." Zayn stated, his voice filled with sincerity. "A lot of things can happen between that time and up to now. Who knows maybe he's a drug dealer or something?"

"You preferred that didn't you?" Louis cocked a brow at Zayn.

"Meaning what exactly?" Zayn crossed his arms over his chest, deciphering the hidden meaning of Louis' statement.

"So you can buy your weed supply at him."

"Hell no!" Zayn denied. "I'm trying to quit that stuff. I really don't want Niall to get mad at me again. Remember the time that he caught us?"

Louis recalled the last time that they were caught smoking weed by their assistant. Niall dragged them into the bathroom, dunking their faces on the toilet bowl. Louis can't help but to shiver with horror as he recalled the stench of the toilet; he felt like it was still on his skin.

"It's your damn fault!" Without a doubt, Louis placed the blame at Zayn.

"What!" Zayn raised an octave in his voice. Being a scapegoat of the whole thing was making his head hurt as Zayn recalled the memory in his head.

"It's your weed!" Louis said.

"Well, you're the one who smoke first." Zayn defended. He can't live it down as he remembered the fury on their assistant's face.

"So you two learned your lesson?" Liam chuckled as he remembered seeing Niall's red face with anger, dragging the two boys into the bathroom.

"Definitely!" Zayn answered quickly. Louis nodded right away. "Niall scares the heck out of me than Anthony."

"So true," Louis added.

"Yeah, I remember that." Harry cackled. "You two were about to cry!"

"Shut up, Haz!" Zayn and Louis said at the same time with their cheeks reddening as they recalled one of the most mortifying moments of their lives.

Even after learning this information about Niall, the worry and paranoia never disappeared from Zayn. Losing Niall was not an option. If only Zayn paid attention to the little things around him, none of this would happen.

He must do something to turn this situation in his favor.

Zayn slid his hand into his pocket to fish out his phone but after he had had entered the passcode, he heard Harry calling out for him.

"What?"

"Can I look at your phone?"

"Why?" Zayn asked, cocking an eyebrow. Out of all the times, Harry decided to interrupt him.

"I need to send a text to my sister."

"Why not use yours?"

"Low battery." Harry shrugged off, reaching for the desired item at Zayn.

"Then charge it."

"I don't have my charger with me."

Irritation and annoyance crept inside Zayn. Just when he was about to do something for Niall, Harry decided to block it.

"Come on, don't be stingy, Z."

"Me, stingy?" Zayn gasped, totally astounded. "I am not stingy."

"Then give me the phone. It won't cost you that much."

The more Zayn argued with Harry, the more time it would take before he could find the app on his phone so he decided to give Harry wanted.

"Here," Zayn lends his phone away from the giggling band mate of his. "Be quick, okay? I'm using it. This is important."

"Sure, sure..." Harry nodded with sarcasm dripping off from his tone.

The curly-haired lad opened the messaging app on the phone. He sent a quick message to his sister, Gemma. They wanted to surprise their mother for her upcoming birthday. It has been a while since he visited his hometown. Once his schedule calmed down, he's going back.

But after sending the text message, he decided to play with the phone until he stumbled into a shocking video on the phone. The thumbnail of the video looked oddly familiar to his emerald orbs―blonde hair, slightly pointy nose, and pale skin. Oh shit, it was Niall, sleeping on a bed with dim lighting but still bright enough to see what the video was all about.

He threw a quick glance to Zayn, who was busy chattering away with Liam but the curiosity was eating his insides away so he decided to press the play button.

A slightly loud snoring sound erupted in the entire flat, attracting the attention of the remaining lads.

"What is that sound?" Louis moved his head, locating the sound.

Meanwhile, Zayn felt his heart pounding so hard in his chest that it wanted to rip his rib cage wide open. He jumped from the seat, leaping towards where Harry was sitting but the curly-haired lad was quick on his feet.

"What is this, Z? Explain yourself?" Harry was standing behind the sofa, waving the phone with snoring sound buzzing from it. "Why do you have a recorded video of Niall sleeping?"

Both Liam and Louis just looked at Zayn with an indecipherable expression on their faces. It was a mixture of disturbance and wanting to vomit.

"Give me that!" Zayn snarled. "That's private property. You're not supposed to see that!"

"That may be true, but you didn't answer my question. Why do you have a recorded video of Niall sleeping?"

"I recorded him when he was sleeping."

"I think I'm gonna be sick!" Louis covered his mouth. The taste of bile was creeping up from his stomach. "T-this is a new level of creepiness even for you, Zayn."

"Zayn, what is this?" Liam asked, still buzzing with the bomb dropped on them. Being shocked doesn't even cover it.

Zayn turned around with dread on his face. He has a reason for doing it and it was not for a perverted cause.

"Then tell us what the reason is for this?" Liam asked. He looked at Zayn, who was struggling from where he was standing. Was he having an internal turmoil, perhaps, Liam thought.

"Niall sleeping gives me peace at night," Zayn explained. Then the snoring sound came to a halt, meaning that Harry pause the video. "I sleep much faster with Niall snoring beside me." He looked down the floor, fidgeting his fingers together. He knew what this looks like to others but for him, Niall gave him the serenity, tranquility, and the peace of mind he looked for ever since he became a member of this famous boy band. "You guys don't understand, but this is substantial to me. Niall is important to me even though what happened last week."

"Is that why you insist on sharing a bed with Niall?" Liam asked.

"Yes."

Now it all makes sense to all of them. They thought that Zayn was just messing around with their assistant. Zayn was doing it for a valid reason and they shouldn't question it anymore now the truth is out in the open.

"His presence around me gives me this therapeutic effect," Zayn smiled. His golden amber eyes shimmered with enthusiasm.

"Okay, now we got it." Liam said, glancing at Louis, Niall's best friend. He wondered what kind of thoughts swimming around in that head of his.

"Anything else?" Zayn asked with an irritated tone, snatching the phone away from Harry.

"Hey!" Harry scolded.

"You have no right to mess around with my phone." Zayn said bitterly. "I'm warning you, Harry." He glared at the curly-haired lad who was intimidated by his golden-amber orbs.

"Sorry..." Harry apologized, feeling guilty for what he did. How the hell should he know that Zayn was hiding something on his phone―something like this?

Liam watched Zayn sat on the opposite sofa and went back to his phone. After that, he nudged Louis on the side. It had taken a while before Louis responded to him, Liam noticed an unclear expression on Louis.

"I really think that Zayn is telling the truth." Liam whispered, hoping it would give some clarity on Louis' hazy mind. "I'm sure he wouldn't lie something like this."

"I don't know," Louis answered. Confusion swam in his head. "This is really shocking to me to say the least. I thought he was..."

"I know, Louis," Liam reassured. "I know."

Louis glanced back atZayn, who was staring intently at his phone. Of course, he cared deeply for his best friend but this revelation that came was none of his expectation. He thought that Zayn was adamant about sharing a bed with Niall because he doesn't want to deal with his fake girlfriend, but it turns out that it was something else―something serious.

"Zayn..." He called out, and Zayn looked up immediately. He studied those golden amber orbs, checking if what he told in the room was the truth but he didn't sense any malice in it.

"I'm sorry..."

Zayn got confused after hearing the apology. He didn't know why Louis was sorry.

"For what?"

"I thought that Perrie is the reason behind this."

"Absolutely not," Zayn cleared the issue, once and for all. "She has nothing to do with this. I want Niall on my bed because of this."

"Okay. I understand now."

Then, Zayn got back on his phone, browsing on the app manager on the gadget, finding the right app suited for the situation.

"Got it," Zayn smiled.

"What are you doing?" Zayn felt his heart jolted from the voice behind him. When he turned, it was Louis staring at his phone.

"Nothing," Zayn repositioned himself as he pulled away from Louis' gaze. He had enough people getting into his business for one day.

"Come on, Zayn. If it's about Niall, I deserve to know," Zayn looked intently at those cerulean orbs, wondering if he should let Louis see what he was looking at. He decided to take a risk, showing his phone.

Louis watched as his vision readjusted to the light bouncing off from the phone. As he processed this information, he got confused as he saw a blue dot blinking multiple times on a map.

"What is this?"

"A tracking device."

"For what?" Louis asked. This is news to him; he wondered why Zayn would have something like this.

"Yes. A tracking device for Niall."

Immediately, Louis stepped back from Zayn, not knowing how to process it. He has not recovered from the creepy video and now this.

"Zayn, that's..."

"Look, I know what you're thinking, okay..."

Louis even questioned himself. Should he worry about his best friend's safety? This is disturbing to say the least.

"I think you need to speak to a professional for this kind of behavior," Louis spoke gently, not wanting for Zayn to lash out at him.

"I'm not a stalker, okay!" Zayn raised his voice, alerting Liam's and Harry's attention. "I just want to know where Niall is all the time."

"That's what stalker does," Louis countered, cautious on what Zayn going to do.

"That may be true, but I'm telling you that I'm doing this to protect him." Zayn gritted his teeth with irritation as he felt that his band mates were treating him like some kind of a psychopath. "And how do you know this Aiden guy is really a good person? We really don't know anything about him."

"We told you that he and Niall went to the same school together in Ireland." Liam said, hoping not to escalate the tension between them.

"But a lot of things can happen after high school. Do you really want to put Niall's safety for something in the past? I couldn't. Could you?" Zayn snarled.

Silence filled up in the entire flat as the seed of doubt seeped into everyone's mind. They cared for Niall that took care of them for the past three years. Sure, sometimes he can be annoying but overall he's a brother in their hearts.

"Zayn is right. We really don't know anything about this guy," Harry stated, gaining nodding heads from Liam and Louis. "I say let's go where Niall is just to make sure."

"At least you're thinking clearly now," Zayn scoffed.

"But I still can't believe you tracked Niall," Louis said with a mixture of sulking and humor in his tone.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Zayn sneered. Then, he looked down at his phone, honing in on a location on the map. "He's in Collierswood."

"I think there's an electronic store in there," Liam said, recalling that he once bought on-sale antivirus software for his laptop. "Comet, I think."

Zayn stood up, slipping his shoes on his feet. He sprinted to the door but when he felt that no one was behind him, he turned and saw that his band mates were not moving.

"Aren't you coming?" He questioned.

"This feels wrong." Liam voiced out his concern. "I mean, I'm all for Niall's safety but trailing him doesn't sound right to me."

"So you're okay if Niall ended up on a hospital bed?" Zayn asked, waiting for Liam to feel.

"No, of course not!" Liam defended. "We can't just show up there and yank him out of Aiden. That would be too rude and cruel." He continued. "Besides, if we marched in there, people are going to recognize us."

"Fine," Zayn sulked. "I'm going there by myself."

"Not if I can help it," Louis said. He was still creeped out by his band mate's behavior. "I'm watching you, Zayn."

"Fine by me," Zayn rushed out of the flat as he slipped on a snapback and sunglasses, covering his face as much as he can.
*****
"Why are they giggling?" Zayn growled as he and Louis stood behind of a shelf filled with collection of installable font programs. He eyed carefully as Aiden played the blonde's hands, like the one he was doing with Niall before.

"Just shush, okay?" Louis reprimanded Zayn who was squirming in his position. "I'm trying to read their lips." He narrowed his eyes altogether, carefully analyzing Aiden's lips as it moves. He noticed how lovely Aiden's teeth were then he turned to Zayn. "He has a good set of teeth. They're really white. I bet he has a thorough dental hygiene."

"Louis, please! We're in a crisis here!" Zayn whined. "Focus the task at hand."

"Right," Louis nodded, turning his head around to Niall and Aiden, who were standing behind on a table filled with different kinds of video camera. "I'm on it."

Zayn felt his chest was tightening as soon as he saw Aiden placing his arm on the blonde's other shoulder, pulling Niall closer to him. He had to bit his bottom lip in agony as he saw the sweetness scene playing right in front of him. It was taking a lot of self-control for Zayn not to march in there and gave Aiden a piece of his mind.

He saw how Niall blushed as soon as Niall felt the warm touch of Aiden on his other shoulder. What hurts the most for Zayn on how the blonde didn't react violently towards Aiden's touch. The spirit of the green-eyed monster called jealousy poisoning his mind and wanting him to do something about that Aiden guy.

Then, Zayn felt his phone ringing, creating a sound on their aisle. Louis panicked right away as soon as he saw Niall trying to find the familiar sound since the blonde was the holding their phones when they were performing on the stage.

"Shit!" Louis cursed, flapping his hand towards Zayn, hitting him with it. "Answer your fucking phone! Niall knows your ringtone!"

Zayn quickly ducked down as he fished out his phone in his pocket. Without screening the call, he answered right away but he regretted it after hearing the voice on the other line.

"Ugh! Perrie, what do you want?" Zayn scoffed, rolling his eyes out in annoyance.
*****
After hearing a very familiar sound, Niall glanced in every direction, trying to locate where it was coming from. He swore that it was the same ringing tone on Zayn's phone.

Could it be? He questioned.

But after a while, the sound disappeared. Niall was having a bad feeling about this. He slowly pulled away from Aiden who was still browsing on the video cameras.

"What's wrong?" Aiden asked. His concern was imprinted on his voice.

"I think I heard something..." Niall turned around, hoping the sound would erupt again so he can pinpoint where it was coming from.

"Heard what?" Aiden saw how disturbed Niall was. It's true that they heard a ringtone blasting on the store, but he didn't think too much about it. Besides, it could be from anyone. This is a public store; Customers goes in and out.

"I heard a familiar ringtone."

"It could be from anyone. Don't worry about it, okay?" Aiden eased the tension present on the blonde. He caressed the Niall's hands, playing with it. Spending a good quality time with Niall made him fuzzy inside. It has been a while since he felt this kind of unexplainable happiness, the same feeling of having butterflies in your stomach.

After hearing Aiden, Niall decided to go back on what they were doing. He temporarily pushed the annoying thoughts in his head as they browsed on the displayed video cameras. He heard Aiden explaining some features on the three video cameras that he narrowed down.

As time passed by, the more Niall get more worried about this gut feeling brewing inside of him. He turned around and he was shocked to see a familiar figure staring at him.

Is that...

Niall diverted his gaze back to Aiden who was busy talking to himself, convincing that he should get the best video camera.

"Aiden..." Niall called out.

"Yes?" Aiden stopped his monologue, paying attention to Niall.

"I'm gonna be back. You stay here."

"Why, what's happening?"

"I'm gonna use the men's room, but I'll be back, okay?" Niall said, half-lying. The gut feeling brewing up within was bothering him so he decided to confirm if his instincts were right.

"Okay," Aiden nodded. And with that Niall moved in stealth into the shelf where he saw the familiar figure.

Meanwhile, Louis was so annoyed because he could hear Perrie's voice through Zayn's phone, breaking his concentration from doing his trailing the blonde.

"Would you guys be quiet? I'm concentrating here!" Louis turned, whispering angrily at Zayn, who was on the floor, getting irritated as well for not screening the call. Then, he felt a vibrating sensation in his pocket. He fished out his phone and answered the call, "Hello..."

"What's the status?" He heard Liam's voice on the other line.

"We're fine. He hasn't noticed us yet." Louis answered. He was very proud of himself because he mastered the art of concealment. "I feel like we're one of those ninjas suspended in the ceiling that can't be seen." Louis found himself chuckling at his own joke.

"This is not the time to be joking around. Be careful, okay?"

"Don't worry about us, Liam. Niall wouldn't even noti―" Louis turned and was shocked to see a familiar Irish boy walking towards in their direction. "Shit!" He cursed.

"Wha―What's going on?" Liam felt his heart beating hard in his chest as he heard the profanities on the other line.

"The leprechaun is onto us. I repeat, the leprechaun is onto us!" Louis panicked as if he was sending out an SOS to his military troops. He slowly backed away, not realizing that Zayn was ducked down behind him. As soon as his calf hit Zayn, he lost his balance completely. As instincts kicked in, he grabbed on the shelf for dear life until the displayed products fell onto him along with his body onto the ground.

Liam heard on the phone a crashing sound and that made him panicked as well.

"Hello!" Liam screamed. "Are you guys alright?" Then, the call was terminated.

"The fuck, Zayn!" Louis growled, stumbling on Zayn on the ground. "Why didn't you move!"

"Why are you getting angry with me?" Zayn spat at Louis. "You're the one who bumped me!"

"Louis!" Louis snapped his head up as soon as he heard a familiar Irish accent. "And―Zayn!"

"Hi, Nialler," Louis chuckled nervously. "What's up?" He pretended as it was a regular occurrence.

"Hello, Niall..." Zayn chortled, waving his right hand tensely. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? I should ask you the same question!" Niall asked with an irritated tone, crossing his arms over his chest as he tapped his right foot impatiently against the polished floor.

Both Zayn and Louis pushed themselves up after putting the displayed products from the floor to the shelves. They made a complete mess. It was a good thing that they weren't attracting any crowd.

"I'm waiting..." Niall spoke as he felt his blood was boiling with a rage. "What are you two doing here?"

Both Zayn and Louis just glanced at one another, not answering. Until Louis decided to fold.

"It was Zayn's idea! Did you know that Zayn put a tracking device on your phone and listen to this, he has a recorded video of you sleeping!" Louis spoke too quickly without breathing just to say it out loud, ratting out Zayn.

"Wha―" Zayn freaked out as the confession slipped right through from Louis. "The fuck is that, Louis!" He threw a deathly glare towards Louis.

"I'm sorry, Zayn! I'm not going down for this." Louis said, cleaning his hands out of this messy situation.

"Some friend you are!" Zayn scowled. Then, he glanced towards Niall with a gob smacked expression on his face. "Niall..." Zayn was starting to get worried because he has an idea what kind of things running through Niall's head.

These revelations shocked Niall, finding out that Zayn put a tracking device on his phone and have a recorded video of him sleeping in Zayn's phone. Niall doesn't know how to process that kind of information. But all those thoughts were pushed aside when he felt a warm touch behind him. And when he turned, he saw Aiden smiling back at him.

"What's going on here?" Aiden asked. His brown eyes filled with adoration made all anger and confusion in Niall dissipated into thin air. It was unexpected to see two members of One Direction standing in front of him, wondering what were they doing in here.

"There's nothing to worry about," Aiden heard the blonde speaking with bitterness in his tone. He saw how Zayn was scowling at him when Niall gave him a hug, and he's more than welcome to reciprocate the feelings of the blonde.

"Actually, we're having an early lunch. Do you guys want to come?" He invited the two lads to join them. Although, he wasn't receptive to the idea of them tagging along with his secret date, but there's nothing he can do but try his best to be understanding. Of course, he wanted to be on the safe side with Niall.

Niall pulled away from Aiden and was quite shocked to even invite Zayn and Louis to come with them. He knew at that moment that Aiden was a rare find and it would be stupid of him to let him go although he still has feelings for Zayn. Niall believed that it won't take overnight to completely forget his feelings towards the raven-haired lad. But today is the first step of moving on.

"Did you already pick a video camera?" He asked.

"Yes."

"At least let me pay for it. I feel so awful for breaking it." Niall was genuinely horrified that it was his fault how he broke the camera. But somehow it felt like a blessing in disguise, if they didn't bump into each other, they wouldn't meet. Technically, it was their first time to talk because back in high school, he wouldn't dare approach Aiden because he belonged to a different clique. Aiden's on the popular group while Niall is on the loner clique.

"You don't have to worry about it," Aiden leaned in, getting closer to Niall's left ear and whispered, "But I know one way on how you can repay me..."

Instantly, Niall felt his cheeks were burning red like lava coming out of a volcano. A million of thoughts ran through his head and none of them was appropriate. His heart pounded on his chest as he felt the excitement running through his bloodstream.

He saw how Aiden back away from him with lust dripping off from those brown eyes. Niall didn't expect for Aiden to act so boldly towards him. It's not like that he was complaining, but one part of him was telling him that Aiden was moving too fast. Niall wondered if this was a good thing.

"I'll pay this, okay? Wait for me here." Niall was about to faint when Aiden smiled at him then winked. And with that, he saw how Aiden's back was so muscular the way his back muscles flexed as the tight fabric of his clothes were hugging his back.

"Why on earth are you blushing?" Louis noticed how his best friend was blushing like a red tomato. Then, he glanced back to Aiden, who was getting near on the cashier.

Niall explained to Louis what Aiden whispered to him. Louis squealed, making him want to grin as well. As for Zayn, who was totally oblivious to what's happening.

"Oh my God! Do you think he's hinting you something?" Louis chuckled, thrusting his hips forward.

"Louis!" Niall playfully hit Louis on his sides. "You're embarrassing me."

Zayn realized what Louis meant. Of course, he was obviously hurt that Niall would even consider sleeping with Aiden. He hated himself at the moment for not noticing Niall before. And now he sees Niall falling over to Aiden and there's nothing he can do to counter it. Zayn was becoming more hopeless, running out ideas on how to show Niall that Aiden was not the right one for him.

Not a moment later, Aiden returned, carrying a plastic bag filled with his new audio equipment. Another stab was felt through Zayn's insides as he saw Aiden held into the blonde's left hand.

"Let's go," Aiden suggested as he walked beside Niall, and Louis and Zayn behind him. He turned and asked, "What are you guys in the mood to eat? My treat." He chuckled.
*****
"Are you sure about this?" Niall asked with a concerned tone escaped from his lips as they entered into a fast food chain. "I'm not really that hungry." But his stomach disagreed, making a gurgling sound.

"I'd say you're stomach does not agree with you," Louis chuckled.

"Shut up, Louis!" Niall felt his cheeks were burning red as he felt the brown eyes of Aiden looking at him. "My stomach is just like this all the time. There's nothing to worry about." He stared at Aiden, trying to do some damage control. He doesn't want Aiden to think that his hunger was a major liability―at least not yet anyway.

"It's alright. I'm getting hungry as well. Besides it's almost lunchtime," Aiden explained. "Why don't you guys take a seat while I get some food?"

"No need. Louis and I will take care of that," Niall countered but before Louis could complain, he yanked him out, dragging him to place their orders.

Zayn followed Aiden as they find a booth near the corner, away from the windows, away to the possible paparazzi that could take snapshots of them. He sat opposite Aiden, scowling at him.

What does Niall see in this punk? He's nothing but a regular guy to me, Zayn thought.

He studied him carefully from the quiff hairstyle to the earring piercing Aiden's ear. He also noticed the thick eyebrows, analyzing Aiden's profile. But still, he can't figure out why Niall was so infatuated with Aiden.

If I'm Niall, I wouldn't even bother looking at this guy. I am definitely ten times better than this punk if you ask me, Zayn thought.

Aiden felt the scowling directed at him and he proved that once he looked at Zayn. He wondered why Zayn was doing that. But then a thought came to him.

"Hey, Zayn are you feeling constipated? If you are, I think there's a pharmacy store at the end of the block; I could get you something to relieve that."

"What?" Zayn was confused by the words escaping from Aiden, realizing that Aiden was making fun of him. He felt his blood was boiling with rage. His fists clenched under the table. Zayn wouldn't mind giving Aiden a shiner, complementing his fair skin.

"Look here..." Zayn explained, pushing the shiner idea at the back side of his mind. "What do you really want from Niall? We're really protective of him."

Aiden stared at those golden amber eyes, and he knew that Zayn was serious about his question.

"I get that, actually," Aiden said, not backing away from the intimidation. "Niall is important to me although we don't know each other that much. I mean, we went to the same school together but we never talk or something. But now, I feel like I'm given another chance to get to know him."

"He just recently got dumped so I don't think you two moving forward is ideal right now," Zayn half-lied. He wanted Aiden to think that Niall just got out of a serious relationship. Zayn knew that if Niall found out about this, he knew that Niall would be pissed but that's way better than Niall falling in love with Aiden. And if that happens, he would work on wooing the blonde.

"Oh, I didn't know that," Aiden frowned. He was not expecting to hear something like that.

"Yeah," Zayn pretended to be devastated. He needed Aiden to believe in him that Niall was still on a grieving phase. "Tough luck, buddy."

Aiden refused to back down from the situation. Then, a thought came to him to turn this situation to work in his favor. He knew it was going to take a lot of work and time but he didn't mind as long as he gets to spend time with Niall.

"It's alright. Then, I'll help him get over whoever broke his heart."

"What!" Zayn shrieked, raising an octave of his voice. Pesky little brat, aren't you?

"You don't understand..." Zayn forced himself to smile. The corner of his mouth twitched involuntarily, trying his best to contain the anger boiling inside of him. "Niall was using his brave face to convince the people around him that he's okay but the truth is he's broken and doesn't really need to get his heart broken again."

"All the more reason to help him, right?" Aiden smiled. He was starting to feel good about this―him helping Niall to start moving on with his life.

"Look here, you punk!" Zayn raised his voice, slamming both of his hands on the table. "Niall doesn't deserve a guy like you!"

"Zayn!" The raven-haired lad turned to see the anger seething from a pair of familiar blue eyes...
*****
What's the verdict on this chapter? Personally, I love #JealousZayn. I don't know; there's something hot about it :D Anyways, let me know what you guys think about this one :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.3K 40
When Jasmine and one of her closest friends, Kim go on vacation, they discover that they are staying in the same hotel as the famous boy band, One Di...
38.2K 1K 25
Harry is in his second year of high-school but high-school would've been torture without his brother, Liam and his bestfriend, Niall. And it was abo...
6.2K 172 10
Louis' in love with Harry but he's can't seem to tell Harry.
77.6K 3.4K 22
Zayn Malik couldn't take it anymore. The stress, the tour, the expectations set for him by everyone but mostly he couldn't take the pretending. Nial...