Betrayal

By werewolfgirl35

Lyla is an outgoing, friendly girl that gets along with just about everyone she meets. So why is it when her... More

Introduction
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
19
Powers of the Moon

•9•

5.2K 198 5
By werewolfgirl35

The pack was excited for the upcoming celebration where Tyler announces he found his mate and the packs next Luna. Arrangements were made and the alpha family was proud to announce the next alpha and Luna of the Gushing Springs Pack. Tyler will officially take over in a few months but he is actively making decisions with his dad on the day to day running of the pack.

Tyler was beyond thrilled to have finally mated with his delectable mate and wants everyone to know that she was his.

Her many friends from school are from neighboring packs and will be invited to celebrate with the pack.

Both were in their senior year of high school and with graduation only months away there were many things to do before Tyler and Lyla take over the complete running of the pack.

"Lyla hunny, mom wants to take you shopping today to get clothes for the ceremony." Tyler prodded Lyla's side in an attempt to wake her up.

"Ugh, do I have to go?" Lyla whined, her face buried in the pillow.

Laughing Tyler rolled her over and kissed her. "Unfortunately yes. Mom is thrilled to finally have a daughter to shop for and do all that girly stuff with."

Lyla frowned. "I don't do girly stuff. Adam was the one that took me shopping if I needed anything and I always worked for whatever I needed to buy."

Tyler pulled Lyla up into his arms. "I'm sorry sweetie. It will take time to adjust but I promise you're a part of a very loving and outgoing family. Mom will smother you with love and all the attention you can stand."

Lyla hesitantly replied, "I don't know how to do any girl stuff. What if the Luna realizes that I am completely at a loss and wants a better Luna for you and the pack."

Tears started to form and Lyla quickly lowered her head. Tyler gently tipped her head to look in her eyes. "Sweetheart, please don't cry. We all love you and I would never choose another. I have waited too long to have you and I will never let you go. Mom was thrilled when she found out we were mates. You are loved and respected here so don't ever worry about not being a good mate or Luna."

"Are you sure? I have seen the way the girls at school look at you. I can't compete with their good looks and skinny bodies." Lyla once again looked at the floor.

"Look at me Lyla." She slowly met his eyes. "I love and want only you. You are all I will ever need so don't let anyone tell you differently. There will be talk and gossip after our announcement but just know I would never touch another girl. I could never hurt you like that, I swear on my title as alpha I will never cheat on you. I love and respect you too much."

"I believe you. Like I should have believed you before at my parents house but I was blinded by all the hate in that house and I wasn't thinking clearly. I will never doubt your word again. I love you and I won't let petty people come between us." Lyla bravely raised up and kissed him.

"Good, now get up and have a fun girls day out." Tyler pecked her head and moved so she could finally get out of bed.

After showering and getting ready Lyla was standing next to her mate and his mom at the door. "Don't worry too much sweetheart everything will be fine. Just enjoy yourself for once." Lyla held onto Tyler when he moved in for a hug. "I'm a little scared." She whispered into his chest.

Tyler chuckled, " Yes mom can be overwhelming at times but she means no offense."

Lyla looked over at the Luna as she was muttering to herself and checking the list of stores and items from each store they would be looking for.

Help!!

Sorry sweetie, mom wants time so you can get to know her and ask any questions. The mall won't be that bad there will be three warriors with you at all times.

We have guards too.

Lol moms orders, sorry.

Tyler kissed Lylas cheek and mouthed sorry before he made himself scarce.

Ginger looked up just as Tyler made it to the door to his dad's office. "Your dad will be ready in a few minutes so you better get ready to go."

Tyler looked confused, " Where are we going?"

Ginger laughed as she winked at me. " I knew he would chicken out and make me tell you. You both are going to buy new clothes for the announcement."

Lyla laughed as Tyler groaned and closed his eyes. "Sorry hunny, moms orders!"

Tyler chuckled and walked back to the pair grabbing Lyla around the waist. "Not funny babe."

"You thought it was funny when you said the name thing to me." Lyla pecked his lips still snickering.

"And just what were my orders young man? I don't recall issuing any orders to anyone." Ginger had a stern look on her face but her voice didn't quit say 'you're in trouble' more like 'busted!'.

"Umm, well see Lyla is a little scared of the mall and umm..." Tyler looked at the floor.

"Luna, your son was just trying to make me feel better about spending girl time with you." Lyla spoke up.

Ginger smiled brightly, "A brave girl you have here. She will make a fantastic Luna."

Lyla blushed and Tyler met his mom's eyes. "That's what I have been trying to tell her mom."

Ginger turned to Lyla with a questioning look. "You don't think you will make a good Luna?"

"No offense ma'am but I don't fit into the Luna persona. I'm just a girl who had tp work her whole life for whatever she had or wanted. I never went out with friends to shop or have fun. I worked to buy what I needed and did all the chores at my house. I'm not into the social scenes and gossip or shopping. I spent my time alone in my room or with Adam." Lyla replied a little sadly.

Ginger grabbed her hand placing it between her own. " Oh my dear. You have been so mistreated, what a shame I never popped in to visit your mom like I always intended to. I could have removed you from those unfortunate circumstances years ago." Lyla shook her head no. "Yes, I place part blame on myself but enough of those bad memories. Now on to you and me." Ginger, still holding onto Lylas hand led them to the couch.

"Let's sit and talk a bit." After an awkward pause Ginger started in again. "When I met my Drew I was just a nobody in my pack. My dad was killed by rogues when I was fifteen and my mother lost her self mentally so I was basically on my own. I went to school, came home to clean and cook. I didn't socialize with the park or at school. After a few years the Luna took pity on me and invited me to live with them. I declined and stayed with my mom in our rundown, trashed hovel that was once a beautiful and welcoming home. About three months later I came home from school to find my mother had finally gave up and killed herself. I knew it was coming but it was still hard to believe. Now with no choice I had to move in with the alpha family."

Ginger stopped her story to glance at her son. His demeanor changed at this point in the story.

"It took a few months to settle in and get acquainted with the other pack members but I started going outside and interacting with other kids my age. It was just before my first shift when I started hearing the rumors that had been traveling through the younger pack members since I moved into the pack house." Stopping for a minute to collect her thoughts Ginger took a deep breath before continuing.

"The boys of the pack had all made up different versions to suit them but they all pretty much had the same story. At night after the adults went to bed I would sneak out and slip into a different guy's room every night. Evidently this gossip had been going on behind my back my entire stay with the alpha and Luna. I was devastated and ashamed. My supposed family, my pack, had been telling vicious lies to everyone at school and all the neighboring packs. I once again locked myself in my room but this time I didn't leave it to even go to school.

After a couple days the Luna demanded to know what my problem was. I hesitated in telling her because it was in fact her two sons and daughter that had started all the rumors in the first place.

After a mental struggle I caved and told her what had been said. She laughed and asked if that was all. Can you believe that! Is that all!

So after her laughing in my face and telling me not to worry it's just teens being teens I decided I had enough and packed my few belongings and left that night.

Thankfully I didn't pass any patrols from the packs that neighbored our borders and made it to an unmarked territory. I was alone on my first shift and I suffered in silence for hours. It was on that fateful night I was found unconscious, naked and near starvation by the alpha of Gushing Springs pack. Alpha Vince had his warriors carry me to the pack hospital and after awakening and meeting Vince and Bridgette I felt love and compassion. They welcomed me into the pack from my bed in the hospital.

It was the next day when I was released that I smelled the most mouth watering scent that drove my wolf crazy. Drew appeared in my life and here we are."

"Wow Luna that was an awful way to grow up." Lyla expressed, amazed at her strength.

"Yours wasn't too easy either which brings me to my point. A Luna has many decisions and jobs within the pack and for her to rule with respect and dignity she needs to have learned life lessons and hardships. A Luna that is handed everything and that has never felt heartache or pain will never be able to teach and express those things to her pack. A good Luna knows the good and bad life has to offer and can help the new generation in making the correct decisions and know the difference in pack family than just pack."

"What my mate is telling you is that you are already a strong and independent young women and our pack welcomes you as the new Luna and will vow to stand behind their Alpha and Luna in all things."

Tyler proudly agreed with his father which caused Lyla to tear up with a few stray tears escaping and run down her face to land on Tyler's hand as he lightly wiped them away.

"You see sweetie, you are a remarkable woman that has had a hard life but you can teach from your misery so the next girl that goes through that knows that there are choices and a different life. I love you and the pack will love you as their Luna."

"I'm scared I will make a wrong decision and mess things up." Lyla confessed.

"You will have plenty of people to help and guide you. I asked Drew's mom, Bridgette, her opinion on everything for the first year so don't be afraid to ask for help. We are all here for you."

"Thank you all so much for everything. I have never really had anyone other than Adam to talk to or even show me any emotion other than hate so this is all new. I think I might get used to the happy and loving atmosphere."

"If you're still uncomfortable we can forgo the mall and we can order online." Ginger offered.

"No, I need to get comfortable in crowds and mingle with others. We can go but not to many clothing stores please. I don't need a lot of things." Lyla leaned into Tyler's side and he immediately wrapped his arm around her.

"Deal. Shall we go then." Ginger was up and kissing Drew bye.

Tyler helped Lyla up and walked her to the waiting car. "When you're ready just let mom know and she promised to return home. Try to have fun and don't worry about how much you get mom will buy the stores out if she could fit it in the car." Tyler laughed and kissed Lyla goodbye.

"Link if there's any problems. The guards won't be too far away and I will be there in a flash."

"I love you Tyler."

"I love you and don't ever forget that." They shared a passionate kiss before Ginger interrupted them to break it up.

With a last glance over her shoulder the car took off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 408 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
141K 4.3K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...
153K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
7.3M 219K 54
As a weak and powerless human, Eve was never meant to survive. Through a series of miracles, she finds herself taken in by werewolves. But she doesn'...