Calder (Short One Direction S...

By flowerchapel

Delilah Calder. The real Calder. What about Eleanor? Delilah is Eleanor. How does that work? Delilah changed... More

Calder {Prologue}
1. Morning Surprises
2. Take A Flight To Miami
3. The Miami Heat and The Hidden Worry
4. The Truth and The Dinner Date
6. Explanations and Understandings
7. Hot Weather, Cold Drinks & Hot Shopping
8. Food, Memories & Tears
9. Sleep, Love & The Returning of Her
10. The Guilt, The Heart-Break & The Airport
11. Last Goodbyes & Last Flights
SEQUEL :)

5. Hugs and Drunken Boys

125 5 4
By flowerchapel

Chapter Five

Eleanor's P.O.V.** 

I tapped the name and pressed 'Send Message'. I tapped in the words to my message before sending it;

"To: Danielle :) ; Hey Dani! You're in Miami right? :) Xx"

"From: Danielle :) ; Hey love, yeah I'm in Miami. Why? :) Xx"

"To: Danielle :) ; The boys and I are too. We're staying in the villa me and Lou brought. You know, the one you helped us find? :) I need to get away for a bit. Can I meet up with you to clear my head from things please? Thanks love :) Xx"

"From: Danielle :) ; Oh my God! Of course! Uh, hows Liam doing? Xx" 

That message I didn't know how to reply too. Dani and Liam broke up three weeks ago because of some Twitter idiots. And now Liam has Jessica, I don't know how to tell Dani. I sighed before deciding someone had to tell her sooner or later;

"To: Danielle :) ; Uh, he's got a girlfriend, Jessica her name is. I'm sorry love. If it makes you feel any better, none of us like her. She's a snob and a barbie. I don't even know what Liam sees in her! We all miss you loads babe :( Xx"

"From: Danielle :) ; Oh, uh, I just remembered I've got practise with Alana in a few minutes, I'll meet up with you tomorrow yeah? Starbucks okay? Love you, bye! :) Xx"

"To: Danielle :) ; Oh, okay then. Have fun at practise! STARBUCKS YES! Love you too, bye! :) Xx" 

My best friend won't even let me talk to her. She has 'plans'. Great, I'm going to have to face the boys again. I thought. It's not that I don't want to spend time with them, it's the fact that I need some time on my own or with Dani.

"Babe? A-Are you okay?" Louis said quietly as he came through the bedroom door, shutting it behind him. I threw my phone somewhere on the bed and looked up at him. "I don't know what's wrong with me Lou. I've been tired for the past two weeks, I've been crying non-stop and I'm just losing it!" I cried, louder than I probably should have done.

"Baby don't say that. There's nothing wrong with you okay? You're perfect and you're mine. And I love you." Louis said into my neck. I smiled at how he's trying to help, but that soon went away when I got a phone call from my mother.

"Hello?" I said down the phone, my voice shaking.

"Hello Eleanor." My father said in his strict voice, this is not going to be good.

"Hey daddy. What's up?" I said, trying to act normal, when in reality I was far from it.

"Your mother and I have been to see your lecturer at University. He said your grades are going down. What's wrong with you?" He sounded as if I was going mad.

"Dad I'm fine. I graduate in three weeks and I know my grades are falling, but I'm spending time with Louis in London, and right now we're in Miami with the boys. I told Mr Harrison that yesterday morning and he said it was fine." I groaned.

"Fine, but don't expect to be living in this house if your grades aren't how they should be when you graduate. Love you." He said bluntly. Well that hurt.

Before I could say anything, the line went dead. I groaned and threw my phone back onto the bed and buried my face in my hands. "It's going to be okay baby. I promise." Louis cooed as he rubbed my back. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. His warm body sent the familiar sensation of sparks through my body.

"Eleanor! Dani's here to see you!" Harry shouted from downstairs.

"Dani's here!" I cheered. I ran down the stairs and found my best friend staring awkwardly at Liam. She noticed me and ran to me, we embraced each other in a massive bestie hug as we liked to call them.

"Dani." I breathed out. "El." She said, her voice cracking. I knew why she was upset. "Uh, boys, Dani and I are going to go to the beach for a bit. We'll be back later." I said to the boys, picking my Mulberry Designer leather bag up. "See you soon babygirl." Louis said, kissing my lips. I smiled and kissed his cheek quickly. "Bye honey. Love you." I mumbled into his lips. "Love you too." He whispered.

Dani and I walked out the door and as soon as I closed the door, she broke down into tears, and I instantly wrapped my arms around her for her to hug me. "Don't worry about him love. You don't deserve him if he's not even going to talk to you as friends. You'll find someone much better and someone who will try and defend you through everything, just like Louis does to me. I promise it'll be okay soon." I whispered as I kept her in my embrace.

Suddenly, the door swung open. "I heard crying- Oh." A familiar voice said from behind us. I looked up to find Liam standing there awkwardly. "You have to talk to her." I mouthed to Liam. He nodded slowly and I let go of Dani's embrace. "I'll be in the house when you're done kissing!" I teased as I walked back into the house, closing the door behind me.

"Well that escalated quickly." Harry joked. "Definitely." I breathed out. I looked around the living room and there was someone missing. Louis. "Uh guys? Where's Lou?" I asked slowly. "He, uh, went out I think? As soon as you went out the door with Dani, he ran upstairs and a few minutes later came back down. He said 'I'm going out for a bit. Tell El I'll see her in the morning.' and with that he left out the back door." Niall shrugged.

"Oh." Was all I could say. "I'm going to take a bath and then go to bed. I'll see you guys in the morning. Goodnight boys!" I yelled from the stairs. "Goodnight El!" Was the response I got from them all.

I wandered into mine and Louis' bedroom and went into the en-suite bathroom. I ran the bath taps and let the water run. I undressed and wrapped a towel around my petite body before adding some bubble bath to the water in the bath tub. I threw the towel off and grabbed a white robe that was hanging up on the wall on a peg. I put it on and wrapped it to fit my body.

I turned the tap off and walked out of the bathroom, placed my clothes on the bed and walked downstairs past the boys and into the kitchen. I got some 'oohs' and some whistles from them, but took no notice of it. Instead I grabbed the bottle of champagne from the cupboard and a slim wine glass from the same place. I popped the cork off the bottle and placed it on the sideboard.

I walked back through the living room and got the same gestures as when I first walked through, again taking no notice, and walked back upstairs and to my awaiting bath. I put the bottle and the glass on the side of the bath tub and took the robe off. I placed it neatly next to the bath and climbed in.

I laid down in it, with my head against the back of the tub and the bubble water coming up to the top of my boobs. I poured myself a glass of the champagne and just relaxed. I closed my eyes to relax even more, but I couldn't. I could feel the presence of someone in the bathroom with me. I opened my eyes to see Niall standing at the doorway.

"What's up Nialler?" I said, trying to stay full under the bath - he's not seeing my boobs! "I, uh, I want you to meet Melody." He rambled on. "Where is she?" I asked actually interested in meeting this 'Melody' girl. "She's downstairs." He chuckled. "Ooh! Let me just get changed and I'll be down!" I cheered. I was looking forward to having a night on my own relazing, but I was really excited to meet Niall's mystery girl.

"Okay! I'll see you downstairs." Niall yelled as he went out of the rooms. I sighed and climbed out of the bath and wrapped the robe around me before walking back into my bedroom with the champagne. I've got to look presentable if I'm going to meet Niall's girlfriend, I thought. I rummaged through my suitcase until deciding on wearing a peach skater skirt with a New York City printed cropped t-shirt with a pair of peach/pink gladiator sandals and my Mulberry leather shoulder bag.

I put a little mascara and powder on, not bothering with the foundation anymore. I looked at my hair in the mirror as I took it down from the pony tail it was in. I brushed it and flipped it over one shoulder to make it look better - and may I say, it did look better. The curls were still kind of there from earlier.

I quickly walked out of the bedroom, grabbing my phone on the way, and walked down the stairs to see no one. I could hear them from not far away, they must be in the living room. I walked through the hallway and into the living room where I saw Harry, Zayn, Niall and a girl who must be Melody. "Hey guys." I said walking in.

"ELEANOR!" Harry cheered. "Louis phoned! He said he had something 'important' to do and he won't be back until tomorrow mid day. Sorry love." He turned his happy voice into a sad voice. "Oh, alright. I guess I'll be sleeping all alone tonight. Ah, at least I get some sleep, instead of being awake all night with Louis snoring." I said, trying not to laugh. They all laughed and Niall stood up, the girl standing up too.

"El, this is Melody. Melody, this is Eleanor." He said, introducing us to each other. "It's lovely to meet you." She said in a small voice. I didn't say hi, I just gave her a massive hug. "It's lovely to meet you too!" I cheered, causing Melody to giggle. I pulled away and she sat back down with Niall next to her. I smiled at how happy they were together. If she makes him this happy, then I'm happy.

Melody had blonde wavy hair that was the same length as mine, wonderful brown eyes and an amazing smile; showing off her dimples like Harry's. She had a slim, petite body, fit for a dancer. Maybe she was a dancer? She was beautiful anyway.

"So Melody, what do you do? Do you have a job or do you study?" I asked, intregued in this girl. "I'm a professional dancer with Dani, whose outside." She smiled. How come I've never seen her before when I've been picking Dani up from practise? "How long have you being doing that for?" I asked, thinking of more questions.

"About 3 years now." She said, still smiling, but nervously. I would be nervous if I was meeting the 5 biggest boys in the world. I was when Harry introduced me to Louis and the others. "Wow. I've never been any good at dancing myself. But Dani, out there, is pretty good." I said, complementing my best friend, who couldn't even hear me. "She's amazing." Melody added. I already like this girl.

"Is Dani still outside with Liam, Zayn?" I asked Zayn, who was lost in his phone. "Uh, yeah I think so." He said, not leaving the phone. "I'll be back in a little while." I said standing up. I excused myself from the living room and went to the front door. Just as I was about to open it, Liam came through kissing Dani. They didn't even notice I was there. They walked upstairs, not breaking their kiss. I smiled at the thought of them being back together.

I continued to go outside and closed the door behind me. The warm summer breeze hit my face as I continued to walk down the cobble stone steps. When I came to the bottom, I saw Louis sitting on the floor with a bottle in his hand leaning against the wall. I rushed over to him and sat with him, hugging his cold body into mine. "Baby? Louis wake up." I said shaking him. He didn't move. The first thing that came to my head was to check his pulse.

I grabbed his wrist gently and placed my two fingers on it to check his pulse. He had a pulse so it was okay, he was still alive. He began to stur but he didn't wake up fully. "El, don't leave me. No.. No...No!" He whisper-yelled, tears starting making their way down his cheeks. "Louis! Wake up!" I said shaking him. He finally woke up and as soon as he saw me, he pulled me into his chest for a hug, a tight hug.

"Oh my God El, I thought I'd lost you! I, I had a nightmare." He said in tears. I kissed his tears away before helping him stand up. I grabbed the bottle out of his hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and mine around his waist and walked him slowly up the stairs and back into the house.

"I wanna go bed. With you." He drunkenly whispered in my ear. "You are going to bed and I will be there soon." I replied, walking him up the stairs, slowly again. "But I wanna do stuff, with you." He slurred, still whispered. "No Louis. I'm not having sex with you." I retorted. He huffed and I smiled, satisfied of what I did.

I walked him into the bedroom and sat him on the bed. I began to take his t-shirt off and he smiled. "So you are having sex with me." He proudly smiled. "No Louis. I'm changing you into your grey t-shirt because this one smells of sick, blood and alcohol." I said, a bit annoyed. Whenever he needed to 'clear his mind', he would drink and get drunk, leaving me to deal with him on my own. I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Louis, you need to stop this drinking. It's not good for either of us." I said pulling the clean grey t-shirt over his head. I stood him up and un-done his belt and pulled his jeans off his legs. He stood out of them and I placed them on top of the dirty t-shirt neatly. I tried to move him into bed but he wouldn't budge. I just gave in. "Fine, get into bed yourself. Do it without me helping you this time. Maybe then you'll see how hard this is for me!" I yelled.

I ran out of the room and downstairs. I walked into the living room and everyone's eyes were on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 0 12
Veronica grace the fifth member of the band one direction, the girl. You've had a crush on the Irish one for a while now - he likes you back. "Would...
30.5K 311 15
*** this story is actually really embarrassing and I wrote this in my one direction fan phase but it's too sentimental to delete so please read at yo...
139K 1.5K 61
In the span of a month, Eleanor Calder changed my life. And it was not all for good -barely any of it was, if we are being sincere. Together, we dove...
10.8K 153 20
"Nicole, baby, happy birthday!" It was Ash. He strode right up to me, and planted a huge kiss on my lips. He let me go. I looked at Niall, and he qu...