Gifted | Werewolf

By redrosettes

"The gods should have never interfered... Hybrids were never meant to exist. You were never meant to exist. T... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Part 1
Chapter 1 - Part 2
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - Part 1
Chapter 19 - Part 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - Part 1
Chapter 44 - Part 2
Chapter 45

Chapter 5

5.6K 238 27
By redrosettes

Dylan O'Brien as Alpha Liam West *Picture Above*

Chapter 5

I sit and wait for what seems like hours when it is really just a few minutes, when I hear some sounds from around me. I stand up and look around carefully, could it possibly be my pack? Or is it those werewolves that are hunting me? I take out my bow and ready an arrow incase it is anyone harmful. I keep hearing the sounds, but they sound far away, yet I feel like they are right behind me. 

A few seconds passed when three wolves come up from behind some trees and stand infront of me, the one in the middle looks larger than the two on both it's sides. It has golden brown fur, the one to the right has black grey-ish fur, but it's ears were white and the one to the left looked smallest in compare to the others but large nevertheless, it has brown fur. They stand a bit taller than me, and I am quite long.

I feel a wave of happiness rush through me. Even though I have never met or seen a werewolf, I feel completely safe and protected with them. I lower my bow and flash them a half-smile. Suddenly all of them shift to three handsome men. The one to the left has brown hair, brown eyes and a really sculptured body, the one to the right has dark hair, almost black yet not, with blue eyes and the one in the middle has light brown hair, and golden brown eyes, that I find myself staring at for a few seconds, lost in their beauty.

I turn to look again but that's when I notice all of them are naked. I blush furiously, my eyes wide like circles, and decide to turn my head away. I hear some sounds and I took a peak after a few minutes to notice they threw on some shorts, but still are shirtless. I am almost drooling at their well defined chests, but shake my head, as if to shake off my thoughts of their glorious bodies, to discuss the matters at hand.

''Uh.. Umm... Sorry about that, I didn't think you would... Uh... Nevermind...'' I mumble, while looking down and blushing. I bet my cheeks were even redder than a tomato. I hear someone chuckling. I look up to see it's the guy in the middle.

''Don't worry, it's our fault. I am Alpha Liam West, these are my best friends, Matthew and John'' He points to the right one, who is Matthew and then to the left one, John.

''Hi, I'm Matthew, but call me Matt please, I'm the beta of our pack and John is our gamma'' Matthew says, while smiling.

''Hey, I'm Emily, Nice to meet you'' I introduce myself, while smiling a half-smile. It's great to meet and all but I just escaped from somewhere so I'd rather be somewhere safer. Plus I had no idea what beta or gemma is, I mean, I read a few werewolf stories but am not sure, they had the same titles.

''It sure is nice to finally meet you, we've been searching for years'' Says John while chuckling lightly.

''Oh well, you wouldn't believe what can happen in two days after turning 18. Meeting the enemy before your pack is quite fun'' I say trying to joke, but all I seemed to accomplish was putting a frown on all of their pretty faces. I knew I don't have a funny humor but come on, I'm not that bad. 

''What do you mean?'' Liam asks, worry crossing his features.

''I'd love to tell you, but for safety reasons, can we go somewhere more private?'' I ask looking around, worried and scared that those who want me dead are out there, the tree isn't that far from my house.

''Liam, should we go back to your office?'' asks Matthew. Liam nods and then we start walking away behind the tree and off to his office which I have no idea where it is located. A few minutes later, we're still walking in the forest, going deeper, I start noticing a clearing and a few houses up ahead.

''Where is your office exactly?'' I ask carefully, not meaning to sound curious, but obviously it is showing.

''It's in our pack lands'' Answers John.

''And where is the pack land?'' I ask again, even more curious.

''Here in the forest'' Answers Matthew. I almost face-palm myself. If we're going deep into the forest it should be in the forest right? But then again, I've been to every inch of this forest and there's no one that lives here.

''What? I have been to every inch of the forest, there's no land nor an office, all I found was trees, trees and more trees'' I deny, not believing them.

''It's hidden, wouldn't want humans over our lands and discover what we are now, would we?'' Says Liam, smirking.

''Yeah, I totally believe you. You live in a land hidden by, let me guess, magic'' I say sarcastically.

''That's actually true'' replies Matthew.

''But... That's impossible, magic doesn't exist'' I exclaim. All of them gave me a look and I divert my attention on the trees around nervously.

''You are a gifted, we are werewolves, you have powers and we shift, we are supernatural, and yet you tell me that magic doesn't exist... Really?'' says Matthew, while giving a 'ARE-YOU-KIDDING-ME' look.

''I guess it can be true... Fair enough... It exists. Even though I only believe my eyes, clearly things like these are hidden well, so I guess I should be more open minded about things like that... Another fact to add to my 'Welcome to adulthood list''' I say sighing, but smiling.

''We got a smart one, boys'' Remarks Matthew.

''I like her already!'' John exclaims, making Liam growl.

''Well, well, well... Someone got something in his throat'' Says Matthew, smirking widely, like he just uncovered the truth as to what our future will hold. I don't really understand what he means, but judging by he's looks, it has to be something embarrassing, because Liam blushs slightly.

''Guys, you don't need to fight over me, even though we just met, there's plenty of me for everyone'' I say, giggling at their reaction.

John's jaw drops, Matthew is wide-eyed but quickly recovers with an evil smirk while Liam looks he is going to explode any second now.

''Oh no you're not! No one fools around with what's mi- not theirs... Because it would be unfair to their mates'' Liam uttered so fast, that I stop for a moment to comprehend everything he says.

''Uh... Mates?'' I ask, not knowing what's going on.

''I'll explain later... But for now, welcome to the pack of Midnight Runners!'' Liam says, and turns his head away. I see that we are infront of a really big mansion, a few stories high, probably five ones. It is absolutely beautiful. We walk inside and I gape at the amazing interior design, it is modern yet it has an old style to it. Very fancy. The entrance hall has a few couches and a long staircase that leads to somewhere, my guess is the other floors. I look back to see Liam and John already a few feet ahead of me, while Matthew is shaking his head while smiling at me. We follow after them and enter the office.

Just like the entrence hall, the office is big and has a huge window wall behind the desk. The walls are painted beige, with brown detail over it, the details look like some kind of flower or plants. It gives the impression of this professional and modern office, belonging to someone just like it. It seems like Liam is that, by the way he talks, the way he walks and the power radiating of him, he is professional, educated and very respected. 

Liam sits behind his desk on his big chair while John and Matthew take their seats infront of the desk. Their seats facing eachother, a coffee table was in the middle, there was one last seat to the side facing the desk, so I figure it is mine and sit there.

''So, can you tell us what happened since you turned 18'' Asks Liam. I nod, take a breath and start.

''I turned 18 two days ago. Nothing special happened on my birthday except that my best friend, Alessandra, saw a wolf cub in the forest near the houses, the cub just ran away when it saw her. I didn't believe her at first for many reasons such as, wolves are never alone or found near civilisation not to mention it was a cub. I researched and found out that alot of people have recently seen wolves around the town's borders, which is stranger.

Me and Alessandra usually like to camp around in the forest, because it's been our hobby since we were little and because I am studying veterinary, I am intressested in animals and wildlife, especially wolves. So we decided to camp a night the next day, because I hoped I would see a wolf myself. That night I had a weird dream where the moon goddess appeared and spoke to me-''

''Wait! The moon goddess? As in the moon goddess?!'' Matthew asks, disbelief on his face.

''Yes! Now as I was saying, she told me that I am a gifted, that there are only 4 of us left, 1 still not of age, so basically 3 left, about the threats like Alpha Michael and his pack and about their doing, which is horrible and told me that she would help me when I needed her, that all I had to do was think of her and speak her name. When I woke up, I found myself infront of the oak tree where we met'' I sighed but continued.

''The next day, after walking to the camp bare-foot and frozen, not a fun thing to do by the way, me and Alessa walked back home, My parents were on a date and were spending the weekend at our summer house, so I was home alone. I had really painful headaches, not like any normal headaches, but I figured it had to do with me walking around in the forest on a chilly night, in a t-shirt and shorts... I had another dream that day, where Selene, or I mean the moon goddess told me a few things like I must find my pack and protect them but it was a short talk but at least I got to ask some questions and answers, when I woke up, I found myself, yet again, infront of the oak tree, and again I was barefoot''

''You have really bad luck'' John chuckles. I sigh.

''Tell me about it, good thing I know the forest well, or I would've been lost. When I was back home I ordered pizza and soon enough the doorbell rang, I went to open it and was greeted by a punch in the face that knocked me out cold'' I grimace, while the others growl. I touch my face, under my eye specifically, to confirm my thoughts, I defenitely have a bruise there. It hurts so bad.

''I woke up in a dirty cold room chained next to a dead body, I got a strange feeling like I knew who he was, the same feeling I got when I met you guys, so I guess he's someone from our pack. I am so sorry... '' I trail off not sure what to say. All of them have pained expressions.

''We know... Continue please'' Says Liam looking pained and sad. My heart breaks for him and I want to comfort him but that would be awkward since we just met.

''I was kidnapped by werewolves from Alpha Michael's pack, they were going to kill me and told me how they tortured the other gifted, specifically a girl named Lara, suddenly all I saw was red and was forming some kind of magical ball in my hand and was about to hit them, when I heard Selene telling me to calm down and take control and transport out of there.

That's when I came back to the oak tree, I had a few supplies there, incase for emergencies for when I walk in the forest but I used the supplies to look like I am now.

I had nowhere to go, I was afraid to go back home and find them waiting for me and I'm still afraid that they might do something to my parents, and I didn't want to go to Alessa's house because I didn't want to endanger her. Selene told me that I can find you, by howling. And that's when you came in to the picture'' I explain, and sigh... I yawn but cover my mouth with my hand, something my mother taught me. I'm tired. 

''Wow... You sure had an adventure'' Says John.

''Wait a second. Back to the point where you saw red and began forming some sort of magic in your hands, did you do it?'' Asks Liam.

''Actually no, I felt like I had two parts within me, when I saw red, it was like a wild part of me took control, It sounded like me but it wasn't, it sounded so cold, so... angry and enraged.

It wanted to kill, that's why I called out Selene for help. She helped mw gain control over myself... It feels strange saying that. Though the guards that were going to kill me, said something about me having violet eyes and that it's impossible or something'' I say and stop when I look at them and notice, all of them are shocked with wide eyes and open mouths.

''I mean, there's magic, and goddesses and all that crap and you guys have black eyes when you are angry, so why is it impossible? Don't gifted have different eye colors while doing super things?'' I ask, looking at all of them. They look nervous. Liam clears his throat.

''No one has eyes that turn to violet except those who have original blood and even so it's very rare. And usually the gifted don't speak to the moon goddess, only she speaks, and they don't have a wolf in them. They do have heightened senses but no wolf, and if you have a wolf there's a high chance you shift to a wolf... No one is both a gifted and a werewolf'' Explains Liam. I stare at him. Okay, so... I am a freak. Wonderful.

''There are legends about the alpha of the gifted, it will lead the gifted and protect it's pack. It's powerful, as powerful as the original alphas and lunas. They say it's eyes glow violet, just like the originals. Except it has it's abilities, as a gifted'' Informs Matthew.

''That's so cool! I'd like to see Michael try to take us down now! We are the strongest pack in the world, because Liam has original blood and now with you, we are invincible!'' exclaims John, while jumping up and down, and laughing like a maniac.

''Wait! Hold up! I have no idea what those abilities are or what they do and how to use them, I don't even know if I have a wolf like yours or if I can shift... I know nothing. I don't even know what mates are or what beta and gamma is!'' I exclaim louder than John, but not too loud to be yelling. That silences them.

''I guess, we will have to start with basics'' says Liam, while smiling at me a genuine smile. I don't why but somehow he's voice and smile, made me relax and feel happy and content on the inside. We stare at eachother for a few seconds before I nod, smiling as well.

''Alright, we'll leave you two love birds, we don't want to interrupt your moment'' saysMatthew while wiggling his eyebrows and John snickering behind him as they walk out of the room. I turn back to Liam to see him shaking his head playfully. I just giggle at their immatureness. Liam comes and stands infront of me while leaning his back to the desk front.

''Okay, first things first. What do you know so far?'' He asks.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 8.8K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
47.5K 1K 39
Seb, a now 19 year old pup. After a year of freedom, guilt and independence 3 certain Alphas return to bring Seb back home. After everything that's h...
10.3M 367K 67
‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ No one has ever seen Alpha Cedric...
52.2K 2.4K 18
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...