Where it All Began//Supernatu...

By grootmorning

She isn't crazy. It's just that no one believed her. So she ran away, and on that journey happened to steal a... More

The Beginning
1- Face to Pistol Interrogation
2- Hey Brother
4- Leave it to Beiber
5- The Song Remains the Same
6- Pizza is My Bodyguard
7- It's Bonding Time
8- The Winchester Way
9- Knock, Knock
10- When Girls Drool
11- Of Grave Importance
12- When The Shadows Come Knocking
13- Fade to Black
14- Knocking on Heaven's Door
15- Of Demons and Deals
16- The Shadow of the Past
17- A Journey in the Dark
19- The Path of the Broken
20- When the Ending Comes
Epilogue
Trivia
When it Ended~ READ
BETA READERS WANTED!

18- A Knife in the Dark

13.7K 481 173
By grootmorning

"courage comes in unlikely places"

-Gildor, The Fellowship of the Ring

A year ago, if you would have come up to me and told me that in a few months I would be travelling around the world with my brothers. Who happened to be fugitives of the U.S government, and spend their time living in cheap motel rooms and hunting down the supernatural.

I wouldn't have believed you.. in fact, I would have probably laughed in your face and told you to get a life.

Now, if you would have told me that my 'brothers' weren't really my brothers, and I was actually a pawn of an ancient evil that had been biding its time and waiting for the exact moment to spring out of the darkness and plunge the earth to its doom at the hands of, alleged brothers.

I would have told you to check yourself into a mental hospital.

But, in light of the fact that I've already been in a mental hospital, and I am currently living through all of the above.

I don't have much to say.

Besides the fact that maybe I should check myself back in.

Because after this, I'm going to need major help.

I couldn't quite describe the events that had transpired before, I just knew that at one point, I was standing the the study of a dead man, and the next, I was standing in a college dorm.

The dorm was sparsely decorated, a few throw pillows lazily tossed on the couch, the counter bearing the usual college staples. Sam and Dean lay in the middle of the living room, Sam, draped over the couch like a massive throw rug, and Dean, laying on top of a broken coffee table. At the same time, their eyes fluttered open, and they sat up, rubbing the backs of their heads painfully.

"Dude, what happened?" Sam asked, squinting sleepily at his brother, Dean shrugged.

"I dunno man, the last thing I remember was beer pong.." he stated, his eyes glassing over as he struggled to remember. Finally, deeming the case hopeless, he shrugged and stood up. Brushing off his wrinkled shirt and stretching. Sam followed, wincing at the bright light streaming through the open curtains.

"Who opened those?" He questioned, stumbling over to where they were and shutting them tightly, placing a hand on his aching head. It was then I noticed something slightly different.

The worn stress-lines that I had grown accustomed to around Dean's eyes were gone. His face holding a youthful, joyous appearance that I had never seen.

Sam was slightly shorter, his hair brushing the tops of his eyebrows and curling slightly at the ends. His eyes were brighter, younger, filled with something I hadn't seen much in them before, true happiness. They were younger, as if we had magically travelled back in time.

I stood helplessly beside them, unable to partake in the events, and unable to jog their memories.

"Where's Jess?" Sam asked, rubbing a hand over his eyes and stumbling over to the kitchen to scrounge for food.

"I don't know," Dean replied, groaning slightly as he held a hand to his forehead, "she's your girlfriend-- I'm never drinking this much again."

I snorted at his statement, in the real time, I was surprised Dean still had a functioning liver with the amount that he drank. Sam's question, though, was answered when the door to the small apartment swung open and a girl walked through, singing loudly and holding bags of groceries in her hands.

"Hello boys," she announced loudly, laughing when both brothers groaned and complained about the noise. "Nice to see the two of you awake and alive-- by the way, Sam, you, are buying me a new table."

"What? I didn't break your--stupid--table," Sam replied slowly between sips of ice water.

"Yeah, like you didn't throw a party with your brother while I was studying for finals." She shot back, setting down the bags and walking over to Sam. Placing her arms around his neck, and kissing him softly. I had never met Jessica Moore before, the only time I had seen her were in the worn pictures Sam kept in his wallet. Of a younger version of himself with a pretty blond girl, both laughing at something, while snow fell gently down around them. Sam still loved her, which made the entire circumstance even crueler.

"You stink," she whispered teasingly, pushing Sam away and starting to put up her purchases.

"Get a room you two," Dean complained, from where he now sat at the table, his head between his hands. "Seriously, at this hour it's sickening." Sam and Jess laughed, Sam, seeming to forget about his headache.

Suddenly, a cold wind blew through the room, sending goosebumps to raise on my arms. My stomach dropped as the darkness that enveloped the corners of the room, seemed to thicken. I heard a loud cry, and saw a flurry of blond hair, as Jess suddenly collapsed, convulsing and spitting blood.

"Jess!" Sam cried, trying to ease her struggling, "Dean, call 911!" He screamed at Dean, who sat upright in the chair. Frowning at the scene unfolding before him, as if something was not right.

"Dean!" Sam yelled towards his brother, holding Jess' head on his lap and brushing the hair out of her face as he spoke to her softly, "it's going to be okay, Jess? Jess, stay with me-- Dean, call an ambulance!" Tears streamed down Sam's face as he gripped Jess' hand comfortingly.

"Sam," Dean finally said, his voice low and calm, "Sammy." His brother finally looked up at him, hopelessness filling his eyes.

"Sammy, that's not Jess." A lump slowly built its way up my throat, and tears filled my eyes. I didn't care if they were my blood brothers or not, they were in pain, and I hated it.

"What?" Sam asked, holding on to his girlfriend tightly as her struggling slowly ebbed.

"Sam," Dean began softly, as if saying the words hurt him too, "Jess, Jess died 7 years ago-- this, this is a test, remember?" Realization dawned in Sam's eyes, but the tears streaming down his cheeks didn't stop.

"Then what, what do we do?" Dean paused, hope draining out of his eyes, hating to see his little brother in so much pain.

"I think..The same thing we had to do to Bobby." Sam's shoulders slumped forward, they seemed to age before my eyes.

I had realized from the moment I had met the Winchesters, when they began loving someone, they left a little piece of their hearts with them. As time passed on, though, they had learned to guard it. Passing pieces on sparingly, Bobby, Jess, their father, Cas. They were the people that they held dearest. And those were the people the Shadows were targeting, the points where they were weakest.

"Sammy, let me," Dean began, pulling out a knife from the kitchen sink. Sam stumbled up, wiping tears off his face, but it was to no avail, for more tears were soon to replace them. The fake Jess, looked up, what seemed to be real terror filling her eyes. Blood trickling from her mouth. Dean poised in front of her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he murmured quietly, holding the knife up.

"Wait, Dean, stop." Sam interrupted, "I-- I need to do this." Dean didn't argue, only passing the knife to Sam and standing up, turning his back towards his brother and wiping a hand over his face. I heard a quiet 'I love you,' murmured from Sam, before he brought the knife down, plunging it into Jess' chest.

There was a silent moment, before broken sobs filled the air. Sam sat beside his love, his shoulders shaking from the force of his cries. Dean didn't say anything, only letting his own salty tears paint his face silently. I don't know how long they stood there, but finally the tears dried, and Sam stood up. His face hardening in anger. He looked up at the ceiling, cursing it loudly.

Then they both collapsed again.

And it wasn't until then, did I hear my own tears, quietly splashing against the kitchen floor.

YOOHOO

BIG SUMMER BLOWOUT

Confession time:

I had actually written this, and it ended up being the end of the book. But it was seriously too much in it. And just the part with Jess was so emotional I nearly teared up, so I decided to cut the chapter in half pretty much (it was a fairly long chapter). And spare you guys the emotional wounds that are soon to come.

See? I am a nice person sometimes. 

BUT EXPECT AN UPDATE NEXT SUNDAY, WHICH WILL PROBABLY BE THE LAST CHAPTER.

*cries*

Then all that's left is the Epilogue and other informational stuff. 

QUESTIONS:

What do you think is going to happen? 

What is your favorite memory?

Mine is earning a cherry limeade with my older brother after we learned I had gotten into varsity choir. It was his last year in highschool, and my first year. It's a time I will always remember. 

Don't you miss semi-happy Sam and Dean? I mean.. At least in the first season you got a glimpse of Sam's beautiful dimples. 

BTW:

This is written between in season 8 between episodes 1- 12, so before they found the bunker, but after Bobby had died and Dean went to Purgatory. So just imagine an invisible amount of time between these episodes, and that's when this book took place :) 

So when I said that Jess died 7 years ago.. that was a ROUGH estimation.. to begin with I'm TERRIBLE at math.. and also, I have no idea how the timeline is on here. So.. there you go. 

(LOOK AT THE ABOVE LITTLE PICTURE OF FETUS SAM WITH JESS AND JUST AWW CAN YOU NOT BE SO CUTE LIKE REALLY)

OKAY, THAT IS ALL FOR NOW.

GOODBYEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 78 10
[COMPLETED] [reader insert story] After a nasty breakup between Dean and the reader, she is going through a world of heartbreak. To numb that pain, s...
10K 282 73
HELLO THERE MY PEOPLE!!! What's up? I'm Katlyne, and welcome into the deep dark Abyss we call the supernatural fandom that ranges from meme's about S...
1.4K 93 5
A man is found wandering the road, his head and clothes bloody. He's disorientated and doesn't remember who he is. She takes him in and they get clos...
8.1K 281 19
Margaret McDonough a red head with a feiry temper never knew about the origins of the powers she had.She thought she was a freak.She would be draw pi...