The Night Shifts

Por bleedonthepage

A group of shifters in the normal world... It's hard for them to fit in, until they find each other. No secre... Más

Chapter 1: Life as a Shifter
Chapter 3: What's Going On Here?
Chapter 4: My Second Mate
Chapter 5: The Rebellion

Chapter 2: I'm Part of the Pack

10 2 0
Por bleedonthepage

I'm really excited for this story now! If you don't think it's interesting so far, wait 'till I get farther into the story...
Anyway, enjoy this next chapter!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Oh no. The alpha. He's probably gonna hate me, and I'll have to leave the pack, and Aaden will hate me too, even though he's my mate, and...

"Mac?" Aaden said.

"Huh? Oh, um, I'm fine..." I replied.
It looked like the alpha was... Smiling?

"What's your name?" the alpha asked.

"M-Mackenzie." He hates me, I know it.

"Welcome Mackenzie. Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm Sam."

What just happened.

"Uh, if you want to we can get a bedroom for you or um..."

"A bedroom would be nice..." I replied. I didn't look behind me at Aaden but I had an idea of what he was thinking. I mean, I just met him 20 minutes ago...

"Jayden can show you your room." Sam said.

With that I found myself following Jayden through the halls of the pack house wondering how I survived. Jayden had a sort of smirk on he face.

"You're the beta female, why wouldn't we take you in as a pack member?" he said. I didn't think he'd notice, but I answered truthfully anyway, off instinct.

"Because I'm a," I swallowed, "rouge?"

'See sweety? It wasn't that hard.' Ria said with a fake motherly voice.

'Oh shut it.'

"Your not a bad rouge though, you just weren't part of a pack." Jayden replied.

"I guess so." I said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Here we are." Jayden said as we arrived at a door.

"That took forever." I said.

"It's okay, you survived." he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

I walked into the room and realized all my stuff was at my house. I'll have to ask if I can go get my stuff, but later.

For awhile I actually sat outside the door trying to memorize how to get there, after looking around inside the room.

Once I felt I might be able to find my way back, I headed to the living room to find Aaden, or maybe Chipper. I wanted to get to know both of them, and Jayden was on guard duty.

Sadly, when I got there, both of them plus alpha Sam were there. I was hoping I wouldn't run into Sam again for awhile, but I guess I am beta now...

"Hi" I said as I walked in.

"Hey beautiful." Aaden said.

I blushed. Was this really going to happen right now, and in front of Chipper, and worst of all, Sam?

"Oh, sometime later I need to head to my house to pick up my stuff."

"We can have somebody go pick- No I'll get it later it's fine." I said quickly. I didn't want anyone to see my brand new house and question it.

"I, uh, need some fresh air..." I said, walking out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in as I passed the guards. I don't know why they wouldn't let me pass, but I guess you never know...

I started my walk straight into the woods. I'd always lived close to the woods, and it was a place I could be calm. I walked until I found a small clearing, small enough for me to feel both safe nobody else was there because I could easily see the whole clearing from one position, and both paranoid that someone could get close behind me before I could see them in the clearing. In other words I didn't know wether I felt safe or not here.

I lied down on the soft grass until I nearly fell asleep. I probably would have, but I heard the saddest whimper, and I was immediately alert and looking for the source.

In the trees straight in front of me was a bleeding fox. But in no way was it a normal fox. First off, it was huge, about the size of a wolf. Then there was it's fur, which was a peachy color, mostly light but a bit darker around the eyes, almost like eyeshadow.

I rushed over to it.

'A... Werefox?' Ria asked.

'I don't know what else it would be.' I replied.

"Are you okay?" I asked it.

Of course, I scared the heck out of it, and it screamed a very high pitch scream that both really hurt your ears and made you almost burst into tears. (Droppin' sweet rhymes)

"I'm not gonna hurt you, it's okay, are you hurt?" I asked.

'No dip it's hurt, Sherlock.' Ria said.

'This is serious Ria!'

"I'll get you pack to the pack..." I said, busily trying to find a way to carry the poor thing without making it scream again. Then I saw it shift. She had long dirty blonde hair, and a face that would've been beautiful if she hadn't been in a state of panic.

"Pack?!" she screamed.

"Yes, my pack, I'll take you back and they'll take care of you." I said.

"No no no!" she screamed again. She started wriggling around, trying to get away. I saw her bloody leg hit a tree truck, causing her to yelp, and then grab her leg and start crying.

"Please stop! You're hurting yourself!" I yelled franticly. How did I even get in this position?

'Mac!' Ria yelled.

'What?' I replied.
'Foxes aren't part of packs, their part of skulks.'

'So? That doesn't help me get her back to my pack so she can be taken care of.'

'Mac! Foxes can't be part of packs!'

'She won't be in it, we're just helping her!'

'She can't go to our pack it's against shifter laws!' Ria yelled.

'What do you mean?'

'The Moonfire pack, you know, the shifter leader's pack, says that different types of shifters can't interact with other types of shifters, unless, well, it's war related. You can't take her back to the pack house.'

I looked down at the girl, who possibly thought I was going to kill her, and wondered what the heck I was going to do. Could I leave her here?

"Please don't move, I'll be back with some food and water and stuff for your wounds." I said.

I got up and ran to the pack house. Ria gave me the speed to get back in about a minute, and that worried me. What if Sam found her, or one of the guards?

I tried to act normal walking into the house. I got a couple bottles of water from the kitchen, two bags of trail mix and a few granola bars, and then found some bandages before heading back out. Luckily, the guards didn't question me. Probably because I was hiding the bandages.

I quickly ran to the clearing, and found the girl still lying where I left her. I handed her the food and a bottle of water, and then looked at her wounds. The worst was on her right leg, a deep gash in the shin, and she had plenty of cuts all over her arms. I tried to carefully wash away the blood with the second water bottle, starting first on the smaller cuts and then the gash in her shin. Then I carefully wrapped her leg with the bandages. The most she did was whimper a little louder.

For awhile we sat in silence. The girl didn't whimper as much and had mostly stopped crying.

"What's your name?" I asked quietly in a soft voice.

"Violet." She answered, in barely a whisper. It was the closest she'd gotten to talking normally.

"I'm Mackenzie, but call me Mac." I said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Oh, crap." I said, looking at my watch.

"Huh?" Violet asked.

"I-I gotta go." I said. "Stay here, or near here. Find a safe place. I'll be back tomorrow, promise."

"Okay."

I quickly ran home. I'd been out for nearly three hours, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't take three hours to "get some fresh air".

"Where have you been?!" Aaden asked.

"Oh, sorry, I found a clearing and I was listening to the birds and I fell asleep." I lied.

"It's been three hours!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry! I slept for awhile I guess."

Aaden sighed. "It's fine just, I was worried."

"I need to go to my house to get my stuff." I said, changing the subject.

"I'll go with you." Aaden said. I bit my lip.

"Okay..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Wow, nice house." Aaden said, pulling into the driveway. I got out and unlocked the door, and walked in hoping Aaden wouldn't follow.

"This is a very clean house." Aaden said with suspicion.

"I uh, just moved in today..."

"Today?"

"Yeah."

"Wow."

I went to my room to repack, regretting my decision to unpack immediately so I wouldn't need to later, and left as soon as possible.

"So you just moved here?" Aaden asked when we got back in the car.

"Yeah."

"Where did you live before?"

"A lot of places." I answered.

Realizing I didn't want to talk about it, he didn't say anything the rest of the ride.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Mackenzie?" Sam called.

"Mac." I corrected. "Call me Mac."

"Where did you go this afternoon."

Shoot.

'He might not have found her, maybe it was something else.' Ria said, but I don't think even she believed that.

"To the woods to the..."

'Should I lie?'

'Definitely!'

"North I think it was." I lied. It was definitely west.

Sam seemed a little calmer.

"Some of the guards that got back a few minutes ago said they'd heard some cries and yells from the west, but when they got there they didn't find anything and it was quiet again.

'Did they look for her when I left?'

'I don't know, but at least they didn't find her.' Ria replied.

"Huh. I didn't hear anything." I lied again.

"It could have been anything, but be careful. If you go out to the woods again try and stay away from the west woods.

"Okay I will."

"Movie time!" Chipper yelled from the living room.

"Yes!" I yelled, running inside towards the living room. I wanted to get away from that conversation. But I also wanted to watch a movie. Best of both worlds.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading this very very long chapter that took me forever to write! No need to thank me, I enjoyed writing it. Please vote if you liked it, and comment if you want more, and if you did like it, you might like my other stories, so check'em out!

Edited for errors!

Unicorn_Of_Narnia

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

351K 8.4K 52
it's the sequel to "the mate of his nanny 1" that I have to post separately because the story is 252 chapters and we can only post 200 per story !!
2.8M 73.7K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
Mine Por FF Jones

Hombres Lobo

467K 15.2K 66
Kimberly Wright is a young neurosurgeon engaged to Ian Gareth, a naval officer. They decide to take a trip to the woods with their friends and the un...
489K 19K 30
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...