My College Life | ✓

By angellover254

(The second installment in the 'My Life' series. Can be read alone) Meet John Ace, the hot shot at campus. Wi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 21

184K 3.7K 993
By angellover254

Cover to the right is made by kimsparkles :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

John's POV~

“Get out.”

She gasped, her face a mix between confusion and anger. “What?”

I rolled my eyes at her. Did she not get it? Or is she dumb? “I said, get out.”

“You're serious?”

I nodded. Even though she's hot with curves in all the right places, she wasn't cutting it for me anymore. Her skills are horrible. That blonde chick was better than her, and she was so whiny. I mentally gagged thinking about her.

“Well duh,” I told her, standing up. “Why else would I tell you to go?” Zipping up my zipper, I patted down my shirt, stretching my back muscles.

“W-was I not good?” she mumbled quietly, biting her pink lips.

I step forward. “Do you want the hard truth or a sugarcoated lie?” I was fine telling her either or, but I'll leave it up to her.

“The truth.” Even though she said that, I could tell she wasn't ready for the truth, so I lied.

“You were fine,” I said, giving her a crooked smile, “but you just don't do it for me.” Within, two seconds, she went from smiling like a idiot, to crying like a baby.

“You know what?” she said in between cries, “I didn't believe them when they said you're a jerk, but they're right. You, John Ace are a cold-hearted asshole.”

Fixing her top, she ran past me with tears streaming down her face. Did it hurt? Yes. But she was right. I was a cold-hearted bastard. I already know that, but I couldn't stop what I was doing. I needed release, but it was never satisfying. No matter what I do, I didn't feel that pleasure or that spark I had once before.

And, this was all because of her.

Danny's POV~

“What do you think John is doing right now?”

“Probably kicking her out,” I told Jeyleen. It's always the same routine with him. Get laid, and then kick her out without any regrets. Though his habits are getting worse and worse. He wasn't this bad last year. But then again he wasn't here for most of the year. He was with his little sister, helping her though a rough time in her life. Now, where's that John when it comes to other girls?

“Probably,” she agreed, nodding her head. “Though he should really stop playing with these girl's hearts.”

“You know he's not going to.”

“Maybe if he just admit his feelings—”

I rolled my eyes. “Admit his feelings? Like he will ever do that. I bet he doesn't even realize the way he looks at her.” Or the way he's been hurting her.

She smirked. “Like the way you look at her?” 

I blushed. “I d-do not!”

She giggled, probably laughing at my reddening face. “Then why are you blushing?”

“B-because I . . . um—”

“Face it Danny. We're twins. You can't hide anything from me!” she sung, her smile a bit too big. She's enjoying this way too much. 

I crossed my arms, giving her the cold shoulder. “Whatever.”

“Awe, don't do that!” she whined, her voiced laced with hurt. “I promise I won't tell anyone.”

I faced her, raising my eyebrow at her. “Yeah, like you did today?”

She pouted. “What? I was just saying what was on my mind. It really looked like you were about to kiss her!” Truth was, I didn't even know what I was doing. One moment we were talking, and the next, I was two inches away from her face.

“Well I wasn't.”

“Sure, you weren't . . .” she said, leaving the end of her sentence hanging. Before I could even defend myself, she started talking again. “Ever since the wedding, you'd been acting a bit differently around her.”

“Yeah?” I asked. “How?” I didn't think I was acting any differently. I kept my space from her.

“I can't really explain it,” she said, “but your eyes has gotten a lot brighter. They're not as dark.”

I touched my face, a bit confused. “Not as dark?”

She nodded. “Yeah, and you'd been smiling a lot more. You never smile that much before.” She ended her sentence with a sad smile. “Not since—”

I cut her off immediately. I didn't want to think about that right now. “I know.”

She bit her lip, fidgeting with her next response. “Have you um . . . hu—”

My eyes cut. “No.”

She flinched at the sound of my voice. I guess it came out harsher than I expected. My eyes soften, as I gently touched her face. “Sorry.”

She looked up, her crystal blue eyes shinning back at me. “No, don't be. I shouldn't have asked.”

I shook my head. “You were just caring. I shouldn't have raise my voice at you.”

She slapped me lightly on my shoulder, pushing me back. “Damn right you shouldn't have,” she said, laughing, conversation forgotten.

Just as I was about to answer her back, her phone went off. Holding up her pointer finger, she fished through her bag for her phone. Once she had the rectangular device in her hand, she pressed talk. 

“Hello?” she asked. In two seconds flat, her eyes lighted up, and her smile got even wider, if that was even possible.

“Oh my gosh! I didn't think you would actually call me!” Call me? Just who is she talking to?

“I don't know! I'd always think we'll stick to texting.”

Shooting Jeyleen a curious glance, I waited for her to tell me.

Covering her phone, she whispered, “Jason.”

At first, the name didn't click, but when it did, my mouth formed an 'O' shape. That Jason. Since when was Jeyleen talking to him? And how come I didn't know about this?

As she chatted with Jason, I decided to entertain myself with staring at the wall. Yeah, I know. How boring can I be, right? But what else could I do though? I was in an empty hallway with only Jeyleen and me. She's talking with Jason, and I'm just leaning against the wall, watching the dry white wall. Exciting, isn't it?

“Okay, I'm done,” she said fifteen minutes later. “Sorry about that.”

My eyelids flickered, as I blinked twice. “Took you long enough,” I said, covering a yawn.

“I wasn't even on the phone that long!” she huffed, defending herself.

I waved her off. “Yeah, yeah. Now let's go. I'm hungry, you know.”

“You could've gone and got yourself food,” she said, rolling her eyes at me. Flipping her hair dramatically, she started stomping away from me.

“Hey!” I called out. “Don't you walk away from me.”

She didn't answer me back.

“Don't just ignore me!”

She kept on walking, not even once looking back at me.

“Jeyleen. You're being a pain right now.”

She twisted her neck back at me, sticking her tongue out at me. “Blah!”

“Blah, yourself.”

“Stop being so childish!”

“Stop being so childish!” I copied her, laughing softly to myself. I was enjoying this.

“Ugh!” she groaned. “Sometimes, I think I'm the older twin.”

“Hey! What does that suppose to mean?” She did not just call me immature.

She giggled, laughing. “Nothing!” she sung, picking up her speed. “Now, let's go before your stomach starts growling at me.”

On cue, my stomach let out a loud grumble.

I grinned. “Too late.”

“Brothers . . .” she mumbled, though I heard it.

“Sisters . . .” I copied her tone of voice.

“Heard that!”

“Of course you did.” Even though she can be a pain in the ass, she's the only one who gets me. But maybe . . . just maybe, someone a little different can get me too. 

***

After getting some pizzas from El Plalazzo, Jeyleen wanted to get some ice-cream.

“Are you sure you want ice-cream?” I had asked her.

“Yes!” she said cheerily. “I need some dessert in my tummy.”

“Can't we just get cake? El Plalazzo has delicious chocolate cake. You always love those.”

“I know, but I want ice-cream!”

I sighed. Even though I could argue with her on almost anything, dessert was not something you can argue her out of. Once she's set, she's set. There's no going back.

“Fine. Where do you want to go?”

She tapped her finger on her chin; a thoughtful look plastered on her heart-shape face. “Mr. Yum Yums'!” she shouted finally.

“Is it any good?”

She looked at me like I had three heads. “Duh! It's like only the best ice-cream place around campus!”

“Oh.”

“Oh?” she asked. “Is that all you can say?”

“Um . . . yeah?”

“Ugh!” she cried. “I can't believe we're related. You sir, do not know good taste.”

I fake-gasped. “And you ma'am, aren't nice.” 

“And you're so nice,” she said her voice laced with sarcasm.

“Awe, that's so sweet of you to say,” I said, placing my hand on my heart. “Thank you.”

“Jerk,” she spit out, slapping me. “I was joking.”

“I know.” I laughed. “Now where is this, 'Yummy Yummy'?”

“It's not, 'Yummy Yummy'. It's Yum Yums'.”

“Same diff,” I said opening the car's door. Slamming the door, I put my seat-beat on, as I waited for Jeyleen to do the same.

“Just go straight for like five minutes, and then turn left, and you're there,” she said, talking with her hands.

“Got it.” Turning on the engine, I put the car out of park, and in reverse. Looking at my blind spot, I turned the wheel to the right. Breaking, I put the car in drive, hitting the gas pedal. Going straight, I followed her directions.

“Now, you're sure your directions are right, right?” I asked, glancing at her for a split second, before looking back at the road.

“Yes,” she said, “I think I know my way around campus by now.”

I smirked. “What about that time where you got lost—”

“One time!” she shouted, cutting me off. “That was one time, okay?”

“It still doesn't explain how you even got lost—”

“I was a freshman! It was my first year,” she defended. “Anyone could've gotten lost.”

I gave her a look. “Five minutes from campus?”

She groaned, slapping her knees.“Ugh . . . forget it.”

“I win.” I smiled proudly. “That makes us one to one.”

“I didn't know we were keeping score.”

I grip the steeling wheel, turning left. “I am.” Putting the car in park, I took my keys out. Unbuckling, I unlocked my door, stepping out into the nice cool air. The weather was just right tonight. Not too cold, and not too hot. The perfect fall temperature.

Before I even I had time to think, Jeyleen was already rushing into the little square shop. As the little bell on the door rang, I looked up, seeing the name, 'Yum Yums'' in big bold, gold letters. Right behind that was a giant ice-cream cone, holding a sign that says, 'welcome'.

Pushing the door open, I saw Jeyleen already ordering her frozen treat. I could see her child-like smile, lighting up like a little kid on Christmas, reflecting off of the glass. She looked so happy. Just the way she should be.

Just as I was about to take one step forward, a voice stopped me.

“Danny?”

Looking towards the direction of the voice, I squinted my eyes to see Amanda. Oh crap. What is she doing here? Wasn't she at the library studying or whatnot? 

“It is you,” she said, standing up from her seat. It was then, when I saw Neal behind her. I stared at them in confusion. I thought Amanda didn't want to be around Neal right now? Just what did I miss?

“What are you doing here?” she asked, licking her lips. She still had some cream left on the side of her lips.

On instant, I reached forward, wetting my finger, before wiping the cream off of her lips. Her brown eyes shut for a second, before she opened them again.

“Thanks,” she said, wiping the rest of it off with her sleeve. “So, what are you doing here?” she repeated her question.

I pointed my finger over my shoulder. “Jeyleen wanted some ice-cream, and wouldn't shut up until I get her some,” I said, yelling the last part out.

“Hey! I heard that!”

Here we go again. “I know Jeyleen. That was the point.”

“Whatever,” she said, probably going back to look at the different flavors they had in store.

Amanda giggled, sounding so cute and sweet. “I see.” She smiled. “Are you going to get some too?” 

“Nah,” I said, stuffing my hands in my pockets. “What about you? What are you doing here?”

Glancing at Neal for a fraction of a second, she said, “I invited Neal out. We wanted a break from the project.”

I nodded. That still doesn't explain why she's all buddy-buddy with him again. A few hours ago she was running away from Neal. “So, um . . . are you and him good now?” I asked awkwardly, staring at the black and white patterned floor.

“Yes.” My head shot up at the sound of her voice. She sounded . . . jubilant. Was this because of Neal? “It was all a misunderstanding on my part.”

“Oh, well, I'm glad you guys are good again.” I gave her one of my smiles, but I wasn't so sure if it reached my eyes. I hope it does, because I hate explaining, 'what's wrong' to people.

“Yeah, me too,” she said, completely oblivious. Even though that's what I wanted to happen, a part of me wanted her to ask, 'what's wrong?' I think I would have told her . . . maybe.

“Danny!” Jeyleen screamed, jumping on my back. From the force of her impact, I was knocked over a bit, but I caught myself and her just in time.

“Geez, warn a guy, will you?” I asked, holding both of her legs.

She giggled, her laugh vibrating against my back. “But that's not fun.”

“Falling over isn't fun either,” I deadpanned.

“But we didn't!” she reasoned, hugging my neck. “You caught me, like I knew you would.”

I twisted my neck, seeing a spoon in her mouth. “And how Jeyleen, did you know that?”

She tilt her head to the side, pretending to think about it. “Um . . . twin telepathy?”

I scrunch up my nose. “Is there such a thing?”

“Of course there is silly!” she said, grabbing my face. “Now, onward. Let's go get my banana, mint fudge.”

“Fine,” I agreed. Carrying Jeyleen with me, I faced Amanda, before I go. “You want a ride back home? Or is Neal taking you?” I asked her.

“Neal's taking me,” she answered quickly. “But, thanks for the offer. You should really try one of their flavors before you go though.”

“Yeah,” Jeyleen jumped in. “They are to die for!”

I looked at both of them. “Are they really that good?” I mean, it's just ice-cream. Nothing special. But they're both acting like it's some piece of heaven.

“Yes!” they both said in unison.

“Try some man,” Neal spoke up for the first time that night. “It really is good.”

“Fine,” I concluded. “I'll try some.” 

“Yay!” they both cheered.

“Get the rocketblast. It's like fireworks inside your mouth,” Jeyleen suggested for me as I made my way to the counter.

“I guess I'll get what she said,” I said to the girl behind the counter. She was a bit on the short side with long black hair, but she was cute with her big brown eyes.

“Coming right up,” she said with a cute little accent. I think it was Australian or something. “Also, here's the ice-cream you wanted to go.”

Jumping off my back, she ran up to the girl, and grabbed the box she gave her.

“What?” she asked after she noticed me staring at me. “I wanted some for tomorrow.”

I held my hand up, stepping back. “Whatever you say, Jeyleen.”

Turning my attention away from my twin, I watched as the girl scooped four perfectly shaped rocketblast ice-cream into a bowl.

“Can you wrap that up?” I asked nicely, adding a smile at the end.

“No problem,” she said, returning my smile. As she took out a small blue box, she put the bowl inside with a lid on, and assembled the box together.

“Here you are sir.”

“Thanks,” I said, taking it from her. “How much would that be?”

“Three dollars, and fifty cents.”

Pulling out my wallet from my back pocket, I payed the girl, and Jeyleen and I was ready to go home. Just as I was about to get inside my car, I saw Neal driving out with Amanda in the passenger side seat. She gave me a bright smile, waving goodbye when she saw me.

I waved back, watching her go.

“Cheer up,” Jeyleen said, probably seeing the doleful look on my face. “There's always tomorrow.”

I grinned. She's right. There's always tomorrow.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 415 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...
43.7M 401K 17
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! Since the death of her father, Emily Wentworth has been living a home life full of abuse. She's managed to rem...
44.1K 1.2K 78
Two of the most famous gangs filled with some of the best serial killers out there. Ivy Moore, rude, disrespectful but still has the best confidence...
22.9K 5.1K 84
Highest rank 1# in Chicklit 10/05/18 |Book 1 of sequel NO| Trailer inside! Emma Skys has had a traumatic experience, and when the whole school finds...