Always Remember

By K_26ss

Nathan and Autumn been bestfriends for a really long time. Autumn always liked Nathan in a way that she doesn... More

Always Remember...2
Always Remember...3
Always Remember...4
Always Remember...5
Always Remember...6
Always Remember...7
Always Remember...8
Always Remember...9
Always Remember..10
Always Remember...11
Always Remember...12
Always Remember...13
Always Remember...14
Always Remember...15
Always Remember...16
Always Remember...17
Always Remember...18
Always Remember...19
Always Remember...20
Always Remember...21
Always Remember...22
Always Remember...23
Always Remember...24
Always Remember...25
Always Remember...26

Always Remember

25.7K 204 50
By K_26ss

This is One of my new stories, that I feel confident about, so people comment, vote, and read! Please give this story a chance. It will make me extremely happy if you support me on it. I have a feeling this story is going to go far!

Enjoy!

Autumns P.O.V.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks Nathan, it‘s the best gift any one has ever gave me!” I screamed as I took the small velvet box away from him.

It was a shiny diamond necklace that had a heart hanging at the end of it. I starred down at it in amazement. It was so pretty and I couldn’t believe that he actually got me this.

“How did you get this? I mean it must of cost a fortune?” I said looking up from the gorgeous box to meet Nathan’s bright hazel eyes.

“I worked for it. Just so I could give it to you for your birthday.” he said taking the box from me and taking the necklace out the box. He motioned for me to turn around so that he could put it on me.

“Oh my god, I love it! I’ll never take it off, but today isn‘t my birthday.” I said as I turned around so that Nathan can put the necklace on me. He moved my long dark brown hair to the side so that it was over my shoulder. He quickly put the necklace on me, being careful not to touch my bare skin for some strange reason. I don’t know why though, but I got used to it over the years.

“I know, I wanted to give it to you early so that you could remember that you have the bestest friend in the world.” he said as I turned back around to face him with a huge smile on my face as I held the diamond heart in my hand. He gazed at me with his pretty boy cocky grin on his face.

“Trust me I’ll never forget it! Now my day and my birthday is complete, thank you Nathan! No one could out do your gift.” I said hopping over from the passenger seat to the driver seat giving him a big hug. Ignoring how he hesitates to hug me back.

“Your welcome cupcake.” he whispered to me. I shivered when he called me that. Not because I didn’t like the nickname that he gave me since we were four but hearing him call me that made me feel good in some strange way. It never got old.

“Ok, I think I should go before Seth thinks we’re doing something.” I said opening the car door but not getting out yet.

“Yeah, we don’t wanna give him that idea. So I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said as he started his car engine and waited for me to get out.

He looked over at me to see that I was frowning, but I quickly smiled. I don’t know about tomorrow but I have a bad feeling about it. For a couple of weeks it felt like someone or something was watching me which made me feel sick to my stomach.

“Um, yeah I’ll see you tomorrow. But here.” I said taking the piece of paper out my jean pockets and then handing it to him. I almost forget to give it to him, but it’s better that I gave him it late then never.

He looked down at it confused, but took it from me anyways. He opened it to see that numbers 7-26-19 printed on it.

“What do these numbers mean?” he said looking up at me for some kind of clue but didn’t get one.

“You’ll know when to use those numbers. Just remember them. When the time is right use them.” I said before slamming the door closed and the running up my drive way.

“Bye Cupcake! Love you!” he yelled after me. Those words coming from his mouth always made my heart leap. But he’ll never know that, I mean he doesn’t know how much those words mean to me and how they affect me. Those words make my palms sweat and my brain go into a bottomless pit up to the point that I can’t even think or consentrate.

I turned around and gave him a sad smile. “Bye Nathan, love you too” I said before he disappeared down the street. Tonight was a warm Friday night. In just three more weeks the temperature of the day would rise and the temperature of the night will fall, That‘s summer for you. And with in two of those three weeks is my birthday. Yup I’m finally going to turn seventeen. I can’t wait!

I slowly closed the door behind me not wanting anyone to hear the door close. Sadly I in live in a house hold with werewolves and of course they heard it. Especially if they were waiting for it.

“Look who decided to stroll in through the side door at 11pm?” Seth’s voice said from the stairwell. My sister India followed him down the stair too, not wanting to miss what took me so long to get out Nathan‘s car. Hopefully they wouldn’t see the gift that Nathan gave me.

“Seth it’s a Friday night, there is nothing to be worried about. At least I came home whole.” I said trying to hurry past them and up to my room.

“Wait a minute baby sis, it doesn’t look like you just came back home whole, you brought a gift with you!” India squealed as she move in front of me and starred at the diamond necklace hanging from my neck.

“Omg, who the hell got you this? Look Seth. It’s even in the shape of a heart!” she squealed as she grabbed a hold onto the necklace and pulled it in Seth’s direction. He didn’t pay it any mind, ugh! He just starred at me like he would find something out of place or missing. This is what I hate about Seth. I get that I’m his little sister and all but he doesn’t have to act like this. Sometime I wish he could be a little bit excited like India.

“Seth calm down, it was an early birthday gift.” I said taking it from out India’s hand and then pulling it to my chest.

“From who?” he said as his eye’s harden a little and changed from their forest green color to black, pitch black.

“From Nathan” I said pulling my long hair over my shoulder so that it would cover the necklace a little. “Lighten up a little Seth, it was only a birthday gift.”

It’s not that my brother didn’t like Nathan it just that he doesn’t trust us alone or around each other. I guess he doesn’t get the fact that we’ve been best friends since we were four. Anyways what could possibly happen between us? It’s not like we were mates or anything like that. The thought of that made me feel weird in a way. Sometime I wished that we were mates, but the possibility of that are extremely thin. I mean if we were mate we would’ve notice years ago.

“Aw, that boy is so sweet to you I swear!” India said taking the necklace back in her hands. “Do you think he could get me one just like it?” she said as I walked up the stairs and she followed.

“I don’t know” Is all I said. I didn’t want to talk about Nathan in front of Seth. Honestly I don’t talk about Nathan to anyone. I guess it’s because I’m trying to prevent my feelings from coming out to the surface. Why bother telling anyone my feelings if it wasn’t mean't to be in the first place?

“I don’t think it’s sweet at all” was all Seth said from behind us. Me and India both turned around to look at him.

“What do you mean by that?!” I yelled at him.

“Don’t yell so loudly mom and dad are sleeping.” He paused “All I’m saying is that I don’t like you hanging out with boys his age.”

“Boys his age! Seth we're that same age.”

“I meant boys your age only want a girls body for one thing. He got you that so he could make you more open to him.” he said in a serious tone sounding like a parent.

“Nope, Nathan would never do that! The only person he wants to have sex with is his mate and he even told me that, over a thousand times. Why do you think he never has a girlfriend” I yelled at him.

“So why were you in his car for so long?” he said ignoring my question completely.

“That’s when he gave me my gift!” Seth looked dumbfounded and didn’t say anything. India was silent and speechless. “Yup, feeling really stupid now huh?” I said before walking a little towards my room.

“We’ve been best friends since pre-k, why would you think he would do something like that to me? He wouldn’t toy with my heart like that!” I scream before storming off to my room. 'Shit, I should of never said that!’ I thought to myself, but it was to late to take it back now. What was said was said, it’s not like I could go back in time and not say it.

I was so filled with anger I didn’t know what to do with myself. All I wanted to do was scream until my lungs hurt but that would wake my parents and I didn’t want my parent involved in this, it was none of their business just like how Nathan and I is none of Seth’s business. We're none of anybody’s business!

As I tried to burn the steam off I went into the private bathroom that me and India share and got ready for bed. I put on my night clothes and now I was brushing my teeth and putting my hair up in a ponytail. With in those minutes alone I forgot about Seth, I forgot about Nathan. The only thing I was thinking about was what should I eat as my stomach growled at me. That’s when India came in from her end of the bathroom and all the memories came flooding back.

I could feel her eyes on me as I pulled my long dark brown hair into a ponytail. I felt uncomfortable with her just starring at me so I decided to break the silence.

“What do you want?” I asked not looking at her. I went into my room with her following closely behind me.

“I came here to see if you were ok.” she said.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and looked around the room. Again like all the other nights , I had a strange feeling that someone was watching me. I pulled my gaze from her and looked out the window. No one was there, it was only the empty streets with the flickering street lights that lit up the night. Maybe I was just being paranoid. I told myself before shaking the feeling off. ‘ yeah, I’m just being paranoid’.

“Yeah I’m ok. I really shouldn’t let my anger get to me. I’m sorry for flipping like that in front of you.” I said trying to shake the feeling off.

“It’s not like that was the first time you fliped in front of me. At least your not like the people that keeps everything cluttered in and wait for a bad moment to flip their top off.” she said sitting next to me. “you’re my sister I’m bound to see you lose control once in a while.” she said as she shrugged, as if it wasn‘t a big deal.

“I just don’t get him. Why does he always have to do that? Every time when some one does something nice for me he always has to question their actions. It’s like someone can’t do anything thing nice for me with out wanting something in return. What’s with him?” I said as I pulled my head into my lap. Trying not to cry or scream to the top of my lungs.

“And out of all people, he thinks Nathan, my best friend would use me for something like that!” I cried I felt tear swell up in my eyes as India rubbed soothing circle on my back as I wept. ‘Don’t cry! Don’t cry! Don’t cry!’ I yelled at myself but it was no use. We were silent for a few moment before her soft voice spook up.

“Seth is just worried about you.” she said as I lifted my head to meet her forest green gaze. My eyes were still watery and I could feel cool tear running down my cheeks.

“ Why does he have to worry so such? He worries so much about me, that he doesn’t even trust me.” I said looking away from her. I hate it when I cried in front of people. Crying was a sign of weakness, that’s what I believed, And I am not weak.

India was silent as if she was looking for something wise to say to me so that I could feel better, but she came up short as she sighed and shook her head. I know she is not about to take his side.

India is a person of peace unlike the rest of my family. She doesn’t believe in taking sides in an argument or fight, she just wants the problem to be resolved. Some times she reminded me of a hippie, with her wavy brown hair and her forest green eyes always looking on the bright side of things. She was unique in her own way and the thing is that she was the only person in our family not born in the Untied States. Yup, you guessed it, she was born in India, all the way on the other side of the globe. She's pretty and had a model figure. We had similar traits but I still think she’s prettier than me. Any guy would die to be her mate.

She finally gave me a warm smile before speaking.

“He’s you big brother, it’s his job to care and worry about you. Just like how I’m your big sister. It’s my job to be annoy and get all up in your business. It’s also my job to talk to you about boys and other girly things, even if it’s uncomfortable to talk about.” she said as she wiped a tear away from my eye with the back of her hand.

“It’s not like I’m asking him to not care about me or worry about me. I’m just asking for him to worry a little ……less.” I said making sure to chose my word carefully.

“Well, we all know that’s never going to happen considering that Seth is hard headed and all. Nothing is going to make him care about you less.” she said. I know she was right. Nothing could get through to him, no matter what he refused to take anyone’s advice. He truly is hard headed.

“Yeah he is hard headed.” Was all I said before we both started to laugh. Laughing made everything feel better, it lifted up my sprits and mood.

I was about to get off my bed and get ready to sleep but was stopped by India. She put her arm in front of me so that I wouldn’t get up. She had a sneaky smile on her face which wasn’t good.

“I’m not done talking to you.” she said standing in front of me.

“What else do you have to tell me?” I asked her. Not really wanting to know myself. I got up and started for my room door.

“Sit” was all she said as she pointed to the bed. I sat on the edge of the bed just as I did before. She plopped down beside me with a big smile on her face.

“Ok, what’s happening between you and Nathan?” she asked starring at me with curiosity written all over her face.

“Oh my god” I whispered under my breath. Ok here’s the thing India and Seth think that there is something more going on between Me and Nathan . At times I wish that there was something going on between us, but sadly no. Nathan shows no signs of liking me more than a friend, but I can’t blame him. He’s only looking for his mate and so am I. That’s why we can’t be anything else but best friends.

“India there is nothing going on between me and Nathan! We! Are! Just! Friends!” I said my words clear and spaced out so that she could get that nothing was going on.

“Come on Autumn, you know that you still have that huge crush on him that you had since you met him. You could tell me anything. And plus it’s in my job description to be nosy about the stuff in your life and talk about boys.” she said facing me and sitting crisscrossed on my bed.

She was right I still did have a small crush on Nathan, but it’s not like he’ll even knowing anytime soon. And I bet he wont' even care.

“ See your blushing!” she squealed. “Now tell me. Spit it out”

“Ok, we are best friends and we will always be best friends. End of story.” I said as I looked straight at her. She didn’t look satisfied but she just shrugged.

“Fine, you might not see it but that boy likes you Autumn he might even love you. He’s always around you, you guys spend lots of time together….alone. He’s all caring and sensitive when it come to you, and he got you that necklace. Even a blind person can see all the obvious signs.” she said laying back looking that the ceiling.

“Yeah, the sign of being a good best friend.” I said getting off the bed and going to my closet.

“”Now can we please drop this subject and stop talking about Nathan? I want to show you something before I forget.” I said. She got off the bed with a huge smile on her face, then she started to skip after me.

“Oh, you got a secret, huh? I love secrets” she said in a girly tone. I rolled my eyes at her as I pushed all my clothes to the right side of my closet and then moved all the boxes that was in the corner aside.

“What’s in it?” India said as she squealed and looked down at the safe that was in the corner of the closet.

“I can’t tell you that. The only thing I could tell you is that remember that it’s here, just in case something bad happens to me. If something bad does happen to me you can open it.”

“What’s the combination?” she said as played with the dial a little bit.

“I can’t tell you that either.” I said swatting her hand away from it. She pulled her hand up to her chest and rubbed it with her other hand.

“If something bad happens to you how am I suppose to open it?” she said as I met her forest green eyes.

I started to stack the boxes on top of each other again so that they covered the safe, before I closed my closet door.

“Only two people know the combination, and that's me and someone else.” I said. “you wouldn’t have to think to hard to know who else knows the combination.” I said closing the closet doors.

“Huh, I see. It’s like I’m in a game of clue. First I have to guess what’s in the safe, then I have to find out the combination. Then I have the last clue that everyone else is looking for. Where is the safe” she said as she tapped my chin with her index finger. “Mysterious” she said in an English accent.

“Shut up India, you should hear how stupid you sound.” I said as she just shrugged then again spoke in the same English accent.

“You call it silly, I just call it different. Please do not make fun of me by the way I talk Ms. Autumn. And please do not tell me to shut up, it is very un-lady like missy” she said jumping on to my bed and sitting with her leg crossed and her hands folded on her knee.

“I swear I have the weirdest family ever.” I said to her.

“Yup, but you know you love us. Now you could go down stairs and make us some popcorn while I pick us fellers a movie to watch. And you hurry up and come back before I think your standing me up. Ya hear.” she shook her fist at me as she said it in a country accent now.

I laughed a little at her weirdness and went to the door so that I could get us some popcorn from the kitchen. When I opened the door Seth fell flat on his face into my room. He quickly got up and smiled at me. “Can I join you guys?” he said looking down at me. He looked embarrass, being caught listening on our conversation.

I didn’t look into his eyes knowing that I would feel sorry for him instantly, but India spoke before I could give him a response.

“Sure, join the party” she said. She was sitting on my bed with the DVD controller in her hand as she went through the stack of movies.

I passed by him to get the popcorn and came back up shortly. That night we spent it in my room laughing and watching movies. We felt asleep around three in the morning and cluttered on my bed. One thing I had to admit about that night is, that it was the first time I felt safe in a long time. I didn’t have that  feeling that somebody or something was watching me. I just had the feeling of love in my heart and that brought a smile to my face. I will always love my family and nothing about that will ever change.

================================================================================

That was Chapter one now I hope you guys loved it as much as I did! I Really worked hard on this story and I think this might be one of my best stories ever! So, Please tell me what you think, likes, dislikes....Please I need feedback.

Next, upload will be June 26, so I wanna see alots of reads! Please dont disappoint me! So Please comment and VOTE! And likeI said before, I have a good feeling about this story people! :)

XBrooklyn13CubX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
728K 9.7K 26
Ali thought she was going to have a perfect senior year, and everything was going according to those plans until Rhys showed up. The attraction was...
18.4K 461 22
2013 © Loosing her mother and the hands of her father at a young age Alex grew distant from her classmates. She became, "That Girl" She didn't trust...
13.4K 153 26
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...