Fairy Tales Never Come True

By MoonlightHunter3

"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everyt... More

Dedications
Prologue
FTNCT |Chapter 1|
FTNCT |Chapter 2|
FTNCT |Chapter 3|
FTNCT |Chapter 4|
FTNCT |Chapter 5|
FTNCT |Chapter 6|
FTNCT |Chapter 7|
FTNCT |Chapter 8|
FTNCT |Chapter 9|
FTNCT |Chapter 10|
FTNCT |Chapter 11|
FTNCT |Chapter 12|
FTNCT |Chapter 13|
FTNCT |Chapter 14|
FTNCT |Chapter 15|
FTNCT |Chapter 16|
FTNCT |Chapter 17|
FTNCT |Chapter 18|
FTNCT |Chapter 20|
FTNCT |Chapter 21|
FTNCT |Chapter 22|
FTNCT |Chapter 23|
FTNCT |Chapter 24|
FTNCT |Chapter 25|
FTNCT |Chapter 26|
FTNCT |Chapter 27|
FTNCT |Chapter 28|
FTNCT |Chapter 29|
FTNCT |Chapter 30|
Thank You
Advice from Me To You
Announcement

FTNCT |Chapter 19|

1.2K 88 25
By MoonlightHunter3

Dedicated to Temperware for posting her comment and making my day!

-------------------------

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."~J.K Rowling 

"I can't I'm sorry but I'm having dinner with my parents and Dillon tonight. You can come if you want to."

I sighed. "No thanks."

"Okay well I have to go, Dillon's here." Sophia cut of the line as I responded bye.

I threw my phone on my bed in frustration. That was the fifth time that Sophia was too busy to hang out with us since Valentine's Day. She was either too busy with Dillon or doing school work trying to make it into medical school. I shot Scarlett a quick text asking her if she wanted to hang out. She was busy as well with some family thing.

Sighing I plopped on my bed starting at the celling filled with stars above. It was a spontaneous response, I felt much calmer and my frustration lessened. I would just plan another day where only the three of us would get to hang out. Lately we had all be chilling with our new group but spending time with your besties could never go wrong. Seeing as I had nothing better to do with my life I went to the kitchen to help my mom prepare dinner.

The smell of the food hit my nostrils and my mother was in full swing. I washed my hands and wiped them on the dish towel. "What are you cooking Mom?"

"I'm cooking Paella."

I rubbed my hands together. Maybe it was for the best that I didn't have any plans today. Paella was one of my favourite dishes. It was of Spanish origins and consisted of white rice, green and white beans, as well as chicken. Mom's paella was an old recipe that was one of her friend's great grandmother's recipes.

I set the table with water glasses and the appropriate plates. Mom had begun placing the paella in everyone's plates and requested that I call Justin and my Dad. I made my way upstairs to Justin's room. I didn't bother knocking just hollered at him to come downstairs. I went to my parent's room and found my dad was sleeping. I shook him gentle hoping he would get up. After a few moments of unsuccessfulness I took my phone out and pressed the alarm.

Immediately my Dad got up and started looking around frantically. "Alana, what's going on?"

"It's dinner time. That was my phone alarm since I couldn't wake you up before."

"You couldn't have done it any other way?"

I laughed. "Hey you weren't waking up. Please hurry up, mom is made paella."

At the sound of paella my Dad's eyes widened. It was sufficient to say that we all love paella with our hearts. His movements became faster and I swore he got ready in record timing. I was fairly impressed.

We were all seated at the table eating the divine paella.

"Mom this is so good," Justin said with a mouth full of food.

I was immediately reminded of Shaun.

"Don't chew with your mouth open," Mom replied on impulse.

Justin immediately shut his mouth on her warning tone. The rest of dinner was spent with us chatting about school, work and hockey. After dinner we even decided to play monopoly something we hadn't done in ages. My heart felt warm and fuzzy and for the first time since the morning, I felt content just being here with my family.

------------------------

I buttoned up my coat and tied the scarf on tighter. Even for late February when the weather was supposed to be getting warmer it was cold. The snow had begun melting leaving puddles of water around the sidewalk. The air was still frigid and you could see your breathe but miraculously the sun was out and shining about. I plopped my headphones and began my way down the familiar path when I heard a car honking. I craned my neck to see a better look. It was Dillon.

Sighing, I walked to where his car was as he rolled down the window. "Want a lift?"

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the fact that I would be getting a ride from my best friends boyfriend, whom I didn't like much but I didn't really have much of a choice. Mom had to go to work earlier than usually which left me and Justin to walk in this blasted temperature. I looked at my numb fingers and back to his car which looked pretty warm. My mind was made up. I opened the door and sat down. Heat pooled through my body as the heating warmed every part.

"Thanks."

He nodded and turned on the radio. The news started playing and he left in on. After sitting for a few moments I turned to him "the news, really?"

He shrugged. "I like to be updated about current events."

I snorted and switched the radio to a channel that was playing counting stars. I couldn't help myself but I started singing along to the tune.

"So no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars."

"Can you stop singing?" Dillon asked pointedly.

"Can you stop being so annoying?" I replied.

"What did I ever do to you?"

"What did you ever do to me?" My voice was shaking with slight anger. "Your always with Sophia and I barely get any time to hang out with her anymore."

"Not my problem. You should work it out with her."

"Oh I well. By the way, don't you dare plan anything for tomorrow! She's going to be spending the day with me and Scarlett in a girls only day. Boys are strictly prohibited."

"Gees what crawled up your ass?"

I sighed. "Nothing until I saw you."

"Wow, I do ignite a fire inside of you. Don't I?"

"Stop being so cocky, actually wait. Stop doing the thing the makes sounds come out of your mouth."

"Speak?"

"Yes."

He laughed. "That's actually a pretty good one."

I smiled smugly. "I know."

"Are you sure you're not bipolar?" He asked.

I glared at him.

"You just proved my point." He replied with a smirk.

-----------------------------------

We heard a knock and a head popped its way through the door. "Dinner is going to be ready in about five minutes so come downstairs."

Scarlett threw a pillow at the door. "Get out Zeke."

He closed the door but not before we heard him grumbling.

"I know your still outside." Scarlett shouted.

"I'm leaving." He hollered back with his exaggerated footsteps echoing away.

"So he's still not back in university?" Sophia asked while typing away on her phone. I was 99.999% sure she was texting Dillon.

Way to have a girl's night out.

"No. Mom was really pissed when she found out. Started yelling about the thousands of dollars he had wasted. My Dad was the one who calmed her down and let him explain. Apparently he's had a change of heart. He wants to start his own business."

"What business?"

Scarlett shrugged her shoulders. "I really don't know. He's saving up though but still returning to university in the fall. That was the co-promise that him and Mom made."

"Girl's come downstairs!" Mrs. Hansen's voice was audible over out chattering.

"Coming Mom," Scarlett hollered and I winced. If my mom heard me talking in such a tone she would be angry.

We made our way downstairs to a delicious scent. Mr. Saito was seated alongside Mrs. Hansen and Zeke. There were three empty chairs that we all quickly filled. The bowl in front of us was filled with ramen.

The first sip was the best. The noodles, soup and toppings went perfectly together. I rarely got to eat ramen and when I did, nobody could compare with Mrs. Hansen.

"This is great Matilda." Mr. Saito commented.

"I agree with dad," Scarlett said and we all nodded our heads.

Mr. Saito wasn't Scarlett's real Dad but her stepfather. When her Dad died in a work accident it was Mr. Saito who filled in his shoes. He had come previously from a failed marriage and his only joy was Zeke. When Zeke and Scarlett first met they decided that they were to be siblings from that point forward. It didn't matter that they weren't blood related; they had the strong bonds of a family anyways.

Mrs. Hansen turned her attention towards us. "So girls, what are you plans for the evening?"

We all looked at each other as if willing the other to answer. Or plan had originally been to sneak out and toilet paper one of the boy's house. But it wasn't like we could tell that to Scarlett's mom. If she knew she wouldn't even let us out of her sight.

Scarlett shot her a smile. "We were thinking about watching a chick flick."

Zeke snorted. "Is that seriously all you guys do?"

Sophia looked offended as she said dramatically, "We do more than watch a chick flick."

"But you're more than welcome to join us Zeke dear." I said deviously.

Both Sophia and Scarlett widened their eyes as if afraid to hear his response since we weren't actually going to watch a chick flick.

"I have much better things to do."

"More like much better people to do," Scarlett whispered under her breathe and shot me a grin. I shot one back at her.

Zeke shot us a glare as if he had heard what we said. But I was pretty sure he hadn't. We quickly finished our ramen and help Mrs. Hansen to clear the table and wash the dishes. She was very grateful and ushered us upstairs telling us to enjoy ourselves. We settled in Scarlett's room which was decorated personally by her. She had made the walls a gorgeous sunset and her white furniture went perfectly with it. Her desk was scattered with designs of houses, bedrooms, with various themes. I was sure that Scarlett would be able to become a wonderful interior designer.

Scarlett and I plopped down on her bed while Sophia took the bean bag.

"What do you guys want to do?" I asked.

"Well we were originally going to TP one of the houses but that's going to have to wait until my parents are asleep or else we are not going to be able to leave the house at all." Scarlett said.

Sophia grabbed Scarlett's laptop from her desk. "Well then, let's watch a chick flick."

Scarlett and I both groaned. "We were joking about that."

"I know." She said pointedly. "But this way we aren't lying to your Mum."

"Miss Goody Two shoes," Scarlett mumbled under her breathe while Sophia threw one of the pillows at her.

In the end we all settled down for a movie called Bend It like Beckham. It was different from the movies we usually watched as the main character was for a minority and not white. Plus it also tied in with soccer which we all loved. Scarlett and I a bit more than Sophia but nevertheless we did.

As the credits rolled in I glanced at the clock beside Scarlett's bedside. It displayed 12:34 am. "Are you parents asleep now?"

Scarlett tiptoed to her door and swung it open gently. He ear was pressed outside and she was listening to hear any signs of life. She closed it again and turned to us. "Yeah its operation; go time."

We slipped into our sweaters because even though the temperature was getting warmer, this was Canada and it would be freezing at night. We quickly go dressed and grabbed the toilet paper roles. As we stepped out of the room we followed Scarlett's footsteps on every stair. She knew which ones creaked and which didn't. We slipped outside and took Zeke's car. Scarlett had stolen the keys earlier on in the day.

Laughing we made our way first to Shaun's house and faced his bedroom wall. Then we strung toilet paper. We made sure only to do it to Shaun's place because we didn't want his parents cleaning it up or reporting us for vandalism. When we were done, we got back into the car and drove to Nick's house. We repeated out actions but added a little something. Grabbing red lipstick that was somehow in Zeke's car we scribbled down give me a call 423-768-2159. Laughing we made our way to the final house; Dillon's and that is where everything went wrong.

Firstly we had to park away from his neighbourhood and far away because if my parents saw the car they would know it was me. Also I had to be really careful not to be seen by any of the nosy neighbours. We walked about five minutes all the way Sophia grumbling how much she hated walking. When we made it, we realized that Dillon's room was facing the backyard and their door was locked.

"What do we do now?" I asked in urgent whispers.

Scarlett looked around for a bit. "Sophia we are going to boast you over the fence so that you can open the latch for us from the other side."

"No way and I breaking into my boyfriend's house!" Sophia shouted in a whisper.

We both gave her the look that forced her into doing what we were asking. We held out our palms forcing her to put her foot on it. The fence was pretty tall and even with Scarlett's 5'6 frame Sophia was having trouble getting on the other side. Eventually she got over but she didn't land right causing a loud crash.

"Oh s*it," Scarlett whispered while looking at me.

"We are definitely screwed." I replied.

Voice could be heard and I could only hear a bit of the words. "-do it all the time. Don't worry about it Mom."

That was Dillon's voice and thankfully he wasn't heading out way but going back into the house. I let out the deep breathe I was holding. Sophia successful opened the gate and we were in. We got the toilet papers and started aiming them and Dillon's room but unfortunately I miss aimed one and the roll became undone on Dillon's bedroom window.

"What on earth is that?" A voice mumbled and to my utter surprise it was Shaun's voice.

"I don't know man, check it out." Nick's voice hit my ears.

I looked at Scarlett and Sophia in panic. They had the same expression on their face. All three of them were here? This was not good. Scrabbling we hid under a pot of flowers hoping we couldn't be see. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Dillon looking around. It seemed that he hadn't found us. Thank God! All three of us started coming out from behind the pot when a stream of line hit us.

"You have be caught red handed. Drop your weapons and come up with your hands behind your back."

--------------------------------

I just finished the chapter. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to finish it on time. Had anyone seen the movie mentioned in this chapter? Beat it like Beckham? I watched in earlier before finishing the chapter and it was absolutely brilliant. I love the diversity of it and a very good insight. Basically it's about an Indian girl who wants to be a soccer player but her parents won't let her. Watch it, you won't regret it:) As usually, please remember to vote and comment:)

-Kyra 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 4.2K 55
"You did Maths Ada, and you're smart. Langa and you are so fucking negative. Two negatives make a positive, so like I said, you two deserve each othe...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
222 10 9
Evie was a dreamer, a lover of the written word. She was known for her wild imagination, her endless stories, and her love for literature. But as muc...
6.8M 248K 74
When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales. I believed in princes and princesses and knights in shining armor. I believed in forever and hap...