The summer that changed every...

By keeganxo

Two friends. Two Ex's. One summer that would change Everything... When Harper and Addison hear from their old... More

Conversation #1
Chapter One-
Chapter Two-
Conversation#2
Chapter Four-
Chapter Five-
Chapter Six-
Conversation#3
Chapter Seven-
Chapter Eight-
Chapter Nine-
Chapter Ten-
Conversation#4
Chapter Eleven-

Chapter Three-

22 0 0
By keeganxo

Three-

 How long is jet-lag supposed to last? The different time zones are making me more fatigue than usual. It had already been two days and I was still tired. It was early Saturday morning and everyone in the house was still asleep. I'd set my alarm early so I could make sure I was ready in  time, I was not prepared to be the last one I walked down to the kitchen and started to make a cup of coffee, The sun rise was creeping through the blinds leaving the shimmer of dust floating through the air... I had my camera case over my shoulder.

  I sat on the porch staring into the early morning sun, Everyone was just about to start a new day repeating their everyday routines. I was sipping a cup of coffee with my bare feet touching the warm pavement, I touched my thumb feeling the skin raised leaving a scar. A man was jogging past when he stopped to take a drink of his water, He looked over at me, "Good morning." he smiled then carried on jogging, "Good morning." I shouted after him. I had decided to wear denim shorts and a loose lace top, I was already starting to catch a tan. I heard footsteps behind me I turned round to see Harley standing there, "Addison what are you doing?" I smiled, "Just taking in the view." He saw my camera case next to me, "I'll be back in a minute."

  I set my cup on the steps and took some pictures of the view, Harley came back through the door with a cup of coffee in one hand and a plate of pancakes in the other. "So you still like photography?" I sipped my coffee, "Yeah i guess so." He smiled and began eating his pancakes.

  I looked at his clothes, He'd chose some skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, He still looked tired, "What?" he said with a mouthful of pancakes, "Do you want one?" He edged the plate closer to me, "No thank you." He finished the last pancake and looked at me, "That was the best one and you didn't even taste it." He placed his Ray Bans on and looked into the direction of the sun. He'd never looked so different! Something had changed...

  I could feel Harley's stare on the back of me, "Wakey wakey sunshine." I turn to see Seth walk through the door, He also had Ray Bans on. His hair had only been ruffled with hands  I could tell small things like that. He sat next to Harley and they stare at each other giving each other 'the' smile. I look back onto the beach watching the water  glisten under the sun's rays. I got up and placed my camera bag on my shoulder reaching for my cup. Seth cleared his throat, "Erm is Harper up yet, I just want to get a clean pair of clothes?" I smiled, "I'll go see if she's awake for you." Harley smiled and laughed into his hand, Seth looked at him, "What?" I walked into the house  to see where Harper was. Harley shouted after me, "Addison don't put any more rubbish on your face." I smiled, "It's not rubbish it's called make-up." Time to find Harper...

  The weather is starting to get to me; my hair is so sticky and I feel flushed all the time, but the air con is cooling me down.

  Addison nudges me with her elbow, "I wonder how many girls Seth has slept with in that bed."

  Since we found out that Seth had given up his room so I could stay in it and he would be sleeping on the sofa, she has not stopped with this.

  "Addi I really don't care," I roll my jacket into a ball and lay against the window.

  She grins, "do you want me to ask him?"

  "No! I don't want to know about his sex life!"

  She sinks back into the seat and folds her arms in a sulk. I hate it when she does this when she doesn't get her own way, because she is used to getting everything. But good, she is quiet, now I can get five minutes.

  I really do not feel well; I think i'm home sick. I miss the cold breeze and the summer ice cream from Mr Whippy. I miss beans on toast and fish and chips, but most of all, I miss tea. I found out the hard way Seth and Harley don't have tea.

  Addison is still in a mood. She said she wouldn't be like this. We made a promise when we were young, that we would never let any boy come between us. We sealed it with blood, but she seems to have forgot about it.

  I sat up and laid my head on her shoulder, "I'm sorry," she rested her head onto mine, "me too."

  She held out her thumb and I did the same and we pressed them together. Promise.

  She pushes my head of her shoulder and leaps from the backseat into the passenger seat and shouts, "shotgun."

  She turns to Seth, who is stood holding the car door open, "sorry, looks like your gonna have to get in the back with Harper." She winks at me through the rear view mirror. He closes the door and mumbles, "she has been here two days and she is already taking my place," as he walks round to the back of the car. Harley laughs he buckles his seat belt.

  Seth gets in next to me, we don't say anything; there's still tension.

  We drive in silence. I steal a couple of looks of Seth but I don't know what to say to him, "thanks for giving up your bed for me," or, "I've seen your guitar, i'd love to know how to play it...Maybe you could teach me?" It wouldn't sound right coming out of my mouth.

  "So Seth I've seen you play the guitar, Harper has always wanted to play a guitar...Maybe you could teach her?" But I have a friend like Addison so it doesn't need to come out of my mouth. For some reason she always knows what I want to say. She gives me another wink. 

  "Yeah sure." I turn to Seth. "If you want me?" He says with a shrug of his shoulder.

  "I'd like that," I reply.

  I can't contain my smile. It's the first time we have really spoke and I'm feeling like this?

  I pull my smile back and try to act casual, cool, "I mean if you want too?"

  He grins; giving me a full show of his braces. I guess that mean yes.

  "Girls say hello to Joey's diner!" Seth and Harley gesture towards the diner. They both look at each other, "We played that cool." They began to laugh, I rolled my eyes and Harper shot me a look. Harley held the door open for us. "Someone's taken pour seats again." Seth pats Harley on the back, "Go work your magic quick." Harley rubs his hands together and smiles towards us. 

We can see Harley having a conversation with a young couple, He points in my direction and the couple swiftly move to another table. "What did you say to them?" Harley gives me a cheeky grin, "Nothing." He gestures towards the seating booth. Seth moves aside to let me sit down. "Ladies first." He smiled, Seth was definitely the type of guy who would hold a door open for his date or give you his jacket if you were cold, He was a gentleman to say the least. I begin to feel myself blush, "Thank you." I take my seat next to the window.

Harley takes his Ray Bans off and begins to clench his jaw. This was a sign he was getting annoyed. "Soo Harper are you looking for a boyfriend this summer?" I look at Harper and scowl. How could he do this? Harper begins to laugh sarcastically her face drops, "No." she shakes her head in disbelief. Seth takes his Ray Bans off and places them on the table.

  He sighs, "Whats wrong with you?" Harley shot him a look, "Nothing, Just leave it yeah?" Seth began to shift in his seat, "I didn't mean anything by it!" He bit his lip and looked at his lap. "Just leave him Seth, He's definitely on his man period." I gave Seth a reassuring smile, "Well i'm not the one flirting with everyone I come into contact with." He began to raise his voice, "I'm sorry what did you just say?" Seth was starting to turn red from embarrassment, As everyone was starting to stare at our table, Harper had her face in the menu. He shot me a look, "What did I stutter?" My hands began to shake... What had made him snap this time? Harper held my hands under the table she gave me a smile. "Okay everyone I think we should calm down!"

  I reach for the menu just as Harley puts his hands on it, I look at him searching for a reaction. He moves his hand, "Ladies first!" He looks over at Seth and smiles, Seth sighs and looks around the diner. A women approaches our table, "Usual boys?" Seth clears his throat knowing Harley wasn't doing the talking. "No we actually have guests this time round." She looks at us. "Very pretty ladies I must say." She smiles, "So what can i get you?" Reaching for her notepad Harley speaks first, "I'll have the simply outrageous surprise please?" Shooting her a award winning smile. Seth was next, "Just a milkshake please." She turns to us, "Can we have American styled pancakes and Belgian waffles please?" She jots it down and walks away Harley spoke, "So your actually going to eat all that?" "Well we are going to try if that's okay with you?" Harper was beginning to get annoyed with his attitude I could tell.

  "So what is this simply outrageous surprise you ordered?" I asked trying to steer Harper away from giving Harley a kick from under the table. Seth looked wondering if he should speak first, Harley gestures to explain, "Well it's a ice cream sundae which has chocolate brownies, Fudge sauce, Marshmallows,Maltesers, Whipped cream and chocolate flakes in it!" I smiled and looked at Harley, "So your actually going to eat all that?" He smiled and shook his head one point to me. Seth began to sip his milkshake when he saw Harper looking at him, "Would you like a taste?" Harper smiled at him, "Is it nice?" He slid it over to her and she took a sip, "He just drank out of that, You might catch something." He smiled at Seth, "It's much cleaner to kiss then hold hands you know!" I heard Harper say before she took her last sip, "Wait... So your going to kiss each other?" Harley gave a wink to Harper.

  Harley had demolished his outrageous surprise as well as half of Seth's milkshake. Harper had got through half of the pancakes and decided she had eaten enough sighing as she undid her zip. I had eaten the waffles and was beginning to bite into the pancakes when I looked up at Harley he was wiping his mouth with a napkin, "So Addison how are you so skinny when you can eat half of the menu?" He chucked his napkin down and clapped his hand giving himself a round of applause for an awful joke of his. I wiped my mouth, "I have a high metabolism that's why!" We piled the plates into the middle of the table. I could see Harper and Harley talking about something. I wonder what they were talking about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 776 27
For the past seven summers, seventeen year old Jessica has stayed with her best friend Charlotte, but this year things are about to change. Her pare...
23.5K 1K 72
" LOVE " " A powerful word it makes you feel happy the feeling that you're contented of what you have because of love . For so many people love is d...
206K 2.3K 31
Anabel has never had a relationship, never had her first kiss, never been in love, but all that changes when she meets the man of her dreams, Lewis...
22.1K 968 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...