Omerta- Book I (Winner of the...

By katrocks247

OMERTÀ BOOK 1 * * * Scarlett moves into her new apartment with the mentality that she will start fresh an... More

WARNING
1) My Neighbor Is A Kitty Killer
2) Candy Packs a Punch
3) Tigrotto
4) Hit the Mattresses
5) Tease Me
6) Whisper
7) Cake
8) Wounded
9) Animal
10) Foreplay
11) Toys
12) Fun
13) Addicted
14) Stolen
15) Knock Off
16) Lick
17) Thick
18) A Pirate's Life for Me
19) Shakedown
20) Quietly into the Night
21) Enforcer
22) Rat
23) Borgata
24) Torn in Half
25) The Jungle
26) See You Later
27) Keety
28) Comare
29) By Design
30) Beef
31) Traitor
32) Back in Black
33) Leonardo DiCaprio and the Braless Beauty
34) Snake
Snippet of - "Borgata" - Find the Full Chapter On My Wattpad Profile!
Chapter 35: The Arrival
Chapter 36: One for the Money
Chapter 37: Goomah
Chapter 38: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 39: Taste
Chapter 40: Ugly Christmas Sweaters
Chapter 41: Thorns
Chapter 42: Tongue On Tongue
Chapter 43: Freaky, Frisky, and Ferro
Chapter 44: Hold Me
Chapter 45: Fammy-ly
Chapter 46: Black Out
The Announcement
Chapter 47: Midst of the Chaos
Benjamin/Watty Awards
Keeties United
Chapter 49: Making Friends
Chapter 50: Stagnate
Get Angry!
Bonus Chapter Part 1: Roar
Bonus Chapter Part 2: The Neighbor from Hell
Chapter 51: Shiver & Grind
Chapter 52: Shushed
Chapter 53: Vendetta
Chapter 54: Rats, Rats, Rats
Chapter 55: Shot at the Night
Chapter 56: Praying
Chapter 57: Tra La Ombre
Important OMERTÀ Finale Announcement!
Chapter 58: His Home
SURPRISE!!! BOOK 3 TITLE & COVER REVEAL!!!
Kiss de La Notte - SPICY Mafia Romance - LIVE!

Chapter 48: Pun Intended

508K 24.8K 18.4K
By katrocks247

 Momma left a VERY important note at the end of this chapter! <3

"Oh great," I muttered behind Ferro.

"You were not supposed to find out like this," Ben began. The alarms were still going off and there was still shooting that were muffled over the sirens. Grunts and pounds to the floor were heard in the distance, and I wasn't sure whether the pounding on the floor was footsteps or bodies falling to the ground. "I pictured this moment completely different." His eyes shifted to Ferro, who hadn't said a word, and to Robert who was absolutely still; like a bomb about to explode. "And I especially didn't expect to be compromised–"

"I'll fücking kill you!" Robert roared out, and barreled towards Ben, but Ferro held him back. Robert's face turned bright red and his furious eyes looked like they were nearly popping out of his skull. "You backstabbing son of a bîtch!" he shouted. "After everything we've all been through!" The look of horror on Robert's face made my heart hurt. The look of being deceived.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way," was all Ben said, his emotions flat. "I need you both to drop your guns and kick them to me. Nobody has to die."

"I still don't understand what's happening," Robert said, his eyes wide with confusion. I could tell how baffled he was about the entire situation, and could only imagine how betrayed he felt. "What happened to you? Are you working two sides?"

Ferro still hadn't said a single word. When I looked down at his right hand, I realized what he'd been doing. While Robert was talking and Ben's attention wasn't on Ferro, Ferro had slowly reached into his pocket and took out his phone. As I stared at the phone in horror, he did the unthinkable and handed it off to me from behind. I snatched it before Ben looked our way.

Ferro wanted me to contact someone. I quickly scrolled through the contacts and found Fico's number. I clicked it and sent a quick text. I looked up quickly to see if Ben and Robert were still having their brawl, and as predicted, they were still fighting. Ben is the shooter. Stuck in clinic. SOS. I eagerly sent the text to Fico and then I stuffed the phone into Ferro's back pocket, giving his ass a soft slap.

Teamwork.

"I want answers," Robert continued, once I tuned back into the conversation. "We trusted you. I trusted you. And you killed our own fücking men? How could you do this to us?"

"You don't understand because you're not supposed to," Ben said, his jaw tightening. The blade wavering near Maria's throat."Gasparro somehow found my Ma down south and used her life against me. I was threatened into helping him find shît on Fico's business. Bullseye caught me coming out of Fico's room without the boss inside and started asking too many questions. I couldn't blow my cover. I panicked."

"Gasparro?" Robert asked. "You've been working two sides?" Robert rubbed a hand down his face, taking in everything.

"For years, and I didn't have any choice in the matter," Ben answered, eying Ferro. I handed him back the phone before Ben could see what we had done. "Gasparro somehow found my Ma and threatened my her life. She's all the family I have left."

"Let me get this straight," Ferro finally said, his voice cold and his eyes steel. "You worked for Gasparro for years feeding him information, and although you lasted years without any screw ups, for some reason, you panicked this time, and professionally executed four hits? I don't believe you. You weren't threatened. You were hired. And now you want out because you've been compromised."

Ferro said every word with hostility and grinded is teeth together. Not going to lie, it was pretty hot...

Ben just stared at Ferro for a moment, and then burst into loud laughter. "Alright, ya got me. I totally just bullshîtted that. It was worth a shot... Pun intended."

"You made us trust you, you psychopath!" Robert snarled. "You made us fücking trust you!" Robert looked defeated, again. He yelled the words, but his eyes showed so much despair...it broke my heart.

"Just drop your guns and kick them to me," Ben said, almost in a bored way. "Nobody else has to get hurt, and Purple Princess here doesn't have to drained like a cow at a slaughter house." Ben tightened the knife on Maria's throat and made a slight cut, letting some blood spur out. Unable to fight him, Maria squeezed her eyes shut, tears falling down her cheeks.

Ben rolled his eyes. "

Robert's jaw clenched and he flared his nostril. After a few seconds, he began to lower his gun but hesitated and looked to Ferro, who shook his head slowly.

"I didn't mean for it to play out this way, Bobby," Ben said.

He had the audacity to show some guilt?

"You trusted me because you knew I would never hurt you," Ben continued to say to him. "I still won't. You're my friend. That's real. It's always been real. I just had to lay it on a little thick. Nobody expects the sex addicted goofball to be the traitor. " His attention shifted to Ferro. "And no one would expect Ferro over here, either. They wouldn't expect youto stab them in the back. Because you've never stabbed anyone in the back. You've never abandoned someone who trusted you, right? Ferro would never do such a thing."

"What is he talking about?" Robert asked.

"I don't know," Ferro said lowly.

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" Ben asked Robert, laughing a little. " He didn't tell you how he's been playing double agent between Fico's cøck and Gasparro's for months now? Of course he didn't It's confidential. But don't worry; he's still loyal to Fico. Take his word on it. Right, Ferro? You're a good guy. Who wouldn't believe that you're loyal to the code? You're as good they get, friend." Ben's jaw tightened and he looked like he was holding back a swarm of emotions. "As good as a wanted assassin gets. As good as a criminal, a killer, who could shut off his emotions and shoot through Maria right now just to kill me. As good as a big brother who didn't hesitate to turn his back on his little brother when his brother felt abandoned and a time where he needed someone the most. Needed you the most. What a great fücking guy you are, Ferro. A fücking plus."

"I didn't abandon him," Ferro said and lost his calm. "I didn't abandon him!" Ferro lunged towards Ben, and this time, it was Robert who had to stop him. Ben had yanked Maria's head back at an awkward angle and exposed her neck to the blade, so that everyone knew he meant business again. The nearly dried up blood was still there and reminded me that Ben could and would kill her. Ferro calmed down after Robert giving him a short pep-talk on how Ben isn't worth it.

"That's right, Ferro," Ben continued. "I know all about your fücked up childhood and your parents getting murdered. I bet you milked that one real fücking good to your girlfriend over there." Ben poked his head out to look at me behind Ferro. "Did he tell you how heroic he was, Scarlett? How he tried to look for his brother for years, but just couldn't find him? Why didn't you tell her what really happened, Ferro? Too embarrassed? Why didn't you tell her how you saw your little brother being dragged away, crying and screaming, by the men who killed your mommy and daddy, and all you could do was run away? All you could do was run. That's all you ever do."

Nobody spoke and the sirens continued to ring. In the distance, guns were getting louder, and Ferro's expression slowly shifted into a realization.

"Vincent," Ferro said.

"Not quite," Ben answered, his feet inched towards the door in the room, and on cue, there was a bang on the door. "Not anymore, at least."

In one quick motion, Ben threw Maria towards Ferro, who instinctually caught her. As Ferro recovered and Maria moved into the corner with me, grabbing her neck, Ben lifted the metal tray of surgical tools next to the bed. He thumped Ferro's gun right out of his hand, and then brought the tray back and smashed Ferro on the side of the head, knocking him to the ground. He moved the tray again, predicting a bullet that Robert let out, and then tossed the dented tray hard like a Frisbee towards Robert, who'd hesitated to shoot again. The tray hit Robert, who let out a howl of pain and dropped his gun as well. As Robert grabbed at his wrist, Ferro snapped back into action and ran into Ben like a quarterback. The two wrestled, broke away, and then brought their fists up and went at it.

Jab. Jab. Block. Block. Jab. Block.

The two were evenly matched at first, and neither Robert and Maria nor I had any idea what to do. At some point, Ben got the advantage and hooked Ferro right in the face. Ferro's head snapped to the side, and everything seemed to still. Ferro's eyes darkened and he worked his jaw a few times, and then he practically morphed into something unfeeling. Something cruel. He threw his entire weight into Ben and hurled both of their bodies onto the hard tile, knocking things over.

The door of the hospital room flew open. Maria and I gasped, and Robert ripped his eyes away from the two men fighting and brought his gun up towards the door. There, in the doorway, stood Fico Vitali, with splatters of blood on his face and a handgun. His furious silver eyes slid to Ferro and Ben, and then Maria and I in the corner. With a flat expression, he took out another gun from his pocket and aimed it blindly behind him at the brawling men, and fired.

Boom.

* * *

Don't forge to vote for this chapter if you enjoyed!! <3

* * *

GOSSIP KEETY, OMERTÀ NEEDS YOUR HELP!! WE ARE LOSING!!

The Watty Awards is going on NOW! The voting ends at the end of THIS FRIDAY and I need you guys to spam the poop out of Twitter for my babies! YOU CAN VOTE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, BUT IT MUST BE CORRECT OR IT DOESN'T COUNT! The competition is close for the People's Choice awards, and I know with all of your help, we can totally win!! 

HOW do you vote, you ask???!?!?!

All you have to do is post the title of the book Omertà, the LINK to the story, the ‪#‎MyWattysChoice‬, and a PHOTO (cover photo will be fine) so that the tweet is seen on the hashtag page!!

Thank you all so much!! Let's get em', Keeties!!! THIS MEANS WAR!! xxKat

P.S- THE PEOPLE WHO TWEET THE MOST (please keep track) WILL GET A SHOUTOUT ON THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

* * *

Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: katrocks247

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.7K 44
Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" •1st place General Fiction in Star Dazzle Awards •Best Plot Tw...
27.7M 814K 54
He is ruthless. He is mean. He is heartless. He is dangerous. He is cunning. He is known as the number one bachelor. He owns clubs, businesses and e...
755K 14.7K 47
(Book one of the Perfect Ace series) No one ever caught him; no one wants to cross him. Once you are in his sight, he will stop at nothing. With his...
981K 51K 44
Kiss de La Notte is a standalone novel in the Vendetta series. You do not need to read Omertà or Borgata to begin reading! ;) *** Korinna Romano is a...