misguided ghosts ;; m.c + l.h...

Av stanmaarsh

michael clifford blurbs turned into muke or preferences depending on how I feel when writing them Mer

☁︎☂

I - ARROGANT BOY

41 2 1
Av stanmaarsh

yfn + mgc

i wasn't looking where i was going.

my best friend, calum, had told me that he'd meet me by our tree at lunch, and i was excited to talk with him. we hadn't really got much opportunity recently, as we were in completely different classes. we were going to plan our sleepover for friday night, which always took a lot of effort. i always had the same conversation with my mother every time - "no, mom, im not going to have sex with cal. fucks sake, he's basically my brother!"

i was too busy thinking about what i was going to talk with cal about, that i didn't even notice i had ran into someone until i had completely rebounded off of them and onto the ground.

"what the fuck!" the person yelled from above me as i held my head in my hands. ow, ow, ow! "watch where you're going, you fucking prick." he growled.

and then i realised it was michael i had bumped into. michael clifford. the michael clifford.

for some reason, ever since we were little, he'd always had a massive problem with me. it was okay when we were in middle school; i only really had to avoid him and try to stick with calum whenever i could.

but last year he became ridiculously popular, and now most of the school hated me. and to make matters worse, cal wasnt in my lessons anymore; he wasnt able to protect me.

and he got super hot and i couldnt help having a (not so) tiny crush on him.

i stood up and mumbled a sorry, trying to walk away. on a normal day i would have dropped a snarky remark or rolled my eyes at him, but i'd been in a really good mood today, and i didn't want to ruin it anymore by having michael's lackeys beat me up after school.

i turned to go to cal, keeping my head down and my breathing as even as possible. my head was pounding after hitting the floor and it was getting kind of difficult to see with the tears blurring my vision. as long as i make it back to cal in time he'll calm me do-

"god!" i felt big hands grip my shoulders and i was spun around to face michael. he rolled his eyes and ran one hand through his hair, "no wonder no one fucking likes you! you're hideous!"

i felt my bottom lip start to quiver as the hot tears burned paths downs my cheeks. michael always insulted me and i always kept my cool and shot something back, but today i couldnt do it. i'd had such a good day and he had to come and ruin it. it took everything in me to bite back the sobs

i saw his face drop as he realised he took it too far when i spun back around and ran over to where calum was already stood. he had watched, and had his arms open wide to hold me. i flung myself into him and let the sobs escape. he just held me tight and cooed gently into my hair.

i just wanted the world to go away; to be left alone so i could just speak to calum. he would let me cry and he'd probably beat michael up for me. actually, he'd probably have gotten his boyfriend to beat michael up for me. ashton could get pissed sometimes.

i felt his grip on me tighten and heard him hiss a "piss off, clifford," before i was being torn away from my safety net.

the pink haired boy stood before me, holding onto my shoulders like before. i refused to look him in the eye out of fear that i'd cry even more. it's difficult liking the person who hates you more than anything in the world.

"hey, hey! don't cry please!" he said, catching me by surprise. he sounded... genuine? i looked up so i was looking into his green eyes, and i saw nothing but concern. "im so so sorry, everyone loves you!" he spoke quickly, his eyes wide and scared looking. he bit his lip for a moment and i had to stop the butterflies in my stomach. "... i love you." he whispered, looking down at the floor.

my heart swelled. i wiped away my tears with the sleeve of my oversized sweater and stepped back from him, looking into his eyes. he looked sincere, but i'd known him to lie before.

i stared him down and scoffed. "as if! this is a low joke, even from you clifford!" i yelled, glaring at him. "i thought that for once you had realised that you made mistake, but i guess i was wrong! very funny, you piece of shit." i was furious as i screamed out my frustrations, folding my arms across my chest and closing my eyes shut to try to stop myself from crying again.

i heard a whimper that i was sure didnt come from myself, and when i looked back at michael i froze.

he had unshed tears shining in his eyes and he was shaking a bit. he looked a lot like he wasnt breathing and he appeared clammy. i thought i saw him shaking. i felt bad instinctively. maybe i was wrong?

"woah? are you alright?" calum asked michael from where he was behind me. calum hated him way more than i did, and if he could find it in him to be kind then so could i.

michael shook his head quickly and mumbled out something that sounded a lot like "panic attack". oh fuck. i remembered that when michael was younger he used to get them a lot, and his friend luke would always just stand there and hug him until he felt better. but luke wasnt here.

"do you need a, uh, hug?" i asked, surprising myself. he hesitated and went to shake his head, but he suddenly choked out a sob. i decided to take matters into my own hands and stretch up to wrap my arms around him.

he immediately reacted, clutching onto me tight and crying into my shoulder. i cooed gently into his ear, repeating what calum did for me earlier.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry." was all he kept repeating quietly, almost brokenly. i shushed him and held onto him for what felt like ages. i wasnt mad at all anymore, i just wanted an explanation.

☁️☔️☁️

i sat on the swings, waiting for michael to show up. after what happened at lunch, he skipped last period and went straight home, promising me that if i met him in the park at 5pm he would tell me everything i wanted to know. whether he stayed true to that or not, i promised cal i would facetime him when i got back home and tell him everything.

i heard a gentle cough beside me and looked over to see michael. he didn't even make eye contact, just sat down on the swing somewhat awkwardly. he looked like he was trying to find the right words to say to me, but looked lost. his eyes were still puffy and he wore a beanie low on his head. i could tell he wasnt going to break the silence any time soon.

"why- why'd you do it?" i asked, stopping my gentle swinging to stay still. i looked at the side of his head for what felt like ages before he looked back at me with a half-hearted chuckle.

"i did a lot of shit, y/n," he started with a sad smile on his face and guilt shining in his eyes, "you're gonna have to be lot more specific." i held back a gasp at him using my first name, used to him only ever calling me by my last. it rolled off his tongue so perfectly.

i took a deep breath as he trained his gaze back on his sneakers. "okay, how about you start with telling me why you decided to make my life a living hell ever since we were young, and then today, finally, after sinking so low to tell me i was hideous, you decided you loved me?" i narrowed my eyes at the side of his head again.

he froze a little and looked uncomfortable. "oh," he said breathily, "that." he looked back up to me, staring into my eyes with wet green ones.

"i just... when i was younger and i met you i was... drawn to you, i guess? i just really wanted you to pay attention to me. and because i was a fucking idiot, i decided that the way to do that was to be violent. and then as we got older i couldnt just stop because you already hated me and i hated myself and i- i'm just so fucking stupid!" he broke off and cried into his hands. all i wanted to do was hug him and kiss his dumb face and assure him that i didn't hate him, but he started speaking again before i could.

"and then- then i realise that the whole reason i wanted you to pay attention to me was because i have- i'd always had a huge crush on you. i was always a dick because i never had the courage to ask you out but- shit, y/n- i never meant for anyone to hurt you. god, when i found out you were being beat up my so-called friends i ditched the fuck out of them. im so so sorry- for all of this. im sorry y/n."

he finished his speech and i felt so bad. although what he had done to me was never right, i couldnt help but forgive him.

i stoop where i was sat and pulled him up too, so we were face to face.

and i brought him close to me.

and
i
kissed
him.

YOOO
i rewrote this from 800 words to 1.6k
i actually kinda like it lmao it was cute. my next one will be moOk so if ur into that then read on ;))

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1M 33.6K 60
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
679K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
Fake love Av :)

Fanfiction

116K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
343K 16.5K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...