You Got Me

By saphirestar

Lizzie and Aaron have been pen pals for eight years. They know everything about each other, well almost. Lizz... More

You Got Me: CH 1
You Got Me: CH 2
You Got Me: CH 3
You Got Me: CH 5
You Got Me: CH 6
Thank You! <3 and Contest :D
You Got Me: CH 7
Ch. 8 Teaser ;)
You Got Me: CH 8

You Got Me: CH 4

1.6K 39 12
By saphirestar

I AM SO SORRRRRRRRRRRY! I know i have uploaded WAYYYYYYYY way way way after i said i would! BUT i had SO mnay projects and then THE DREADED FINALS, AND WORRYING ABOUT YM GRADES, AND AHHHHHH.....kinda basket-case? XP well here it is now! its super long! 2,000+ words and like 7 pages on word. the LONGEST i have EVER written! :D

By I have to go back and edit ssome dates and things! And also, I changed Samantha's boyfriend's name to Josh! :D 

I dedicated this to TheCookieMonster! She is an AMAZING and EXTREMELY TALENTED writer! I love her stories: You took my heart, can I please have it Back. There is also: Conflicted Emotions, and its sequel: Ruining Us. I really love her works :) so, after you're done reading this, go read some, if not all, of them :D.

Enough of my blabbing, happy reading! :D

______________________________________________________________________ 

I let out a frustrated groan, as my laptop was taking, yet again, ages to reboot. This was the 2nd time I had to reboot since I received the email from Aaron. I wasn’t even able to check and see what the email said, and it had been almost 40 minutes!

“You stupid, dumb, out to get me laptop!”

The suspense was just killing me, and there was only one way I could find out what Aaron said in the email without waiting for a gazillion hours. Samantha’s laptop.

I knew she had to have brought it with her from college, and was probably chatting with her oh so precious Josh. I just had to sneak into her room, grab it, and run to my safe haven. It wasn’t a fool proof plan, but I was sure it would be successful. If I ever run into a problem, I would just use my amazing distraction skills, and save the day. Super-Lizzie to the rescue!

I slowly creaked open my door, and started to scurry through the hall, like a ninja-hamster! Oh, I wonder if Aaron got me something to do with hamsters. I love hamsters. If Aaron was a purple hamster, my life would be amazing! As long as Aaron lived longer than a normal hamster does…

Oh what am I thinking! It’s just like me to be sidetracked when dealing with things so important! If I ever told Aaron about this, he would just die laughing. If he ever talked to me again, but I know he won’t. I overreacted so much; I lost my best friend and the love of my life. Well, okay, maybe not the love of my life, but the guy I’m in love with. Stupid jealousy, takes over minds, and leaves havoc behind. Oh what a rhyme. Okay Lizzie, just stop your weird self now, before you get distracted again. No more thinking about Aaron and rhymes. Just think about Samantha’s beautiful glitch-free laptop.

I paused when I got to Samantha’s room, slowly leaned my head over the side, and peeked into her room.

Yes! There was no one in there; my mission will be super easy, now! I crept in, careful not to step on any squeaky spots, and scuttled over to Samantha’s desk. I had just unplugged the charger when I heard footsteps. Dang it! That has to be Samantha.

I panicked and hid in the closet, being sure to take the laptop with me. Seems like a stupid move, but when she went looking for her laptop, I’d hurry back to my room, and she wouldn’t know. If I didn’t take the laptop, Samantha would chat with Josh for god knows how many hours, and I didn’t want to stay and witness that.

Samantha came inside, and I barely breathed. I didn’t hear any more sounds after that. What happened to her? Did she get shell shock because her oh so precious laptop wasn’t there?  I shifted a bit to see what she doing through a tiny crack, but a sudden blast of music interrupted me.

“I’m not crazy; I’m just a little unwell. I know, right now you can’t tell; but wait a while and maybe then you’ll see, a different side of me. I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired. I know, right now you don’t care; but soon enough you’ll think of me, and how I used to be, me.”

I hummed along until I realized that song was my ringtone. I fumbled to turn off my phone, but before I could, Samantha opened the closet door, and stood in front of it like a crazy strict principal who just caught some rule-breakers.

Busted…..

“Hi Sammy! What’s up?”

“Nothing really, I just caught my little sister in my closet, with my laptop. Somehow, I figure this relates to the reason why she was yelling at her laptop, and grumbling something an email from Aaron about an hour ago.”

“Hehe, well let’s just say my laptop is causing problems and I have a very important message to read, so I will borrow your laptop and return it soon okay? Bye bestest sister in the world! I love you! “I said, and then I ran for the door.

“Not so fast little sister, you aren’t leaving this room until I get my answers.”

“Samantha! Are you a ninja or something? You were just on the other side of the room, and now you’re suddenly in front of me!”

“I’m not a ninja; you’re just incredibly slow Liz. Now sit down and answer my questions young lady. You’re not leaving this room until you do.”

“I’m not slow! I’m average-paced, not a speedy person like you. And whoa, last time I checked you were my sister, not some sort of detective. Why do you want to know anyways? You obviously dislike Aaron.”

“Liz, it’s not like that. I just don’t think he’s right for you. I mean, he’s well on track for a player.”

“No he isn’t! I’ll prove it he isn’t! We just had a huge argument about it! And after that he sent me an email but my stupid laptop crashed twice and I didn’t get to read it, and please Sammy, let me borrow your laptop to read it! Please…”

“Fine, but you have to read it in front of me, and I get to read it too.”

“Fine, but I look at it first!”

She took the laptop from me and entered the password to unlock it. Looks like my plan wouldn’t have worked, so it’s kind of a good thing I got caught.

I logged into my email account, and saw two new emails from Aaron. Two? Why did he send two? Maybe apologizing in one? Or, both of them were telling me to get out of his life and never talk to him again? Or maybe one was ranting about how much he hates me? Suddenly, I didn’t want to read those emails. I would rather not read and be curious than read the emails and be even more heart-broken.

“You know what Sammy? These emails aren’t that important anyways.  I’ll just wait and read them when my laptop works again. Okay? “

“Oh no you don’t missy. I know exactly why you’re running away. First, show me the chat you had. Then we’ll read the emails together okay? Don’t worry, it will be all right. “

“But…”

“No Lizzie. You’re reading those mails. Now, show me the chat between you and Aaron, and then we’ll see the first email.”

I reluctantly showed her the chat, and turned away, not wanting to read it and re-experience my hidden emotions.

“Wow, you guys are so good at over-reacting. Seriously, this whole argument could have been avoided really easily. And Lizzie, how are you so sure he’s not lying about being player-ish and stuff? He could be doing that, you know.”

“Sam, you don’t know him the way I do. He was serious, and hurt. I feel horrible for hurting him. I’m such a horrible best friend. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he hates me.”

“And there you go with the over reacting again. Lizzie, trust me, you are not a horrible friend. Aaron doesn’t hate you. You guys have been pen pals and best friends for so long; this isn’t going to break you apart. “

“Didn’t you see what he said at the end of our chat? He doesn’t consider me his best friend anymore!”

“Lizzie, he just said that in anger; you know words in anger are seldom meant. I’m sure he didn’t mean it, okay? Now, come on, let’s read the first email.”

With shaking hands, I double-clicked on Aaron’s first email, and began reading.

From: CODPro  

To: LizzieLovesPurple

  Drafts Saved: Monday, March 14th; Saturday March 19th

Email Sent: Sunday March 20th  

1 Attachment

Hey Beth!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I know I will be sending you this email, after your birthday, and I really, really hope that you will not be that mad at me. I know how important it is to you that I wish you on time, but I really didn’t want to wish you without giving you a gift, and well I needed more time for your gift. You see, I know someone who is good at getting tickets for various concerts, such as Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, and other popular artists.  I was going to get you two tickets to a Taylor Swift concert, but I know how much you dislike her. So, I asked him to get me two electronic tickets to a JUSTIN BIEBER concert in San Jose! I know how much you love Justin Bieber, so here you go! Enjoy! :D

I stared at the screen with my jaw on the floor, while Samantha was cracking up uncontrollably.

“JUSTIN BIEBER! HOW DARE HE GET ME TICKETS TO A JUSTIN BIEBER CONCERT! “

Everyone who knows me knows a couple of things about me. One of them is that I strongly dislike Justin Bieber.  Another one is that I absolutely LOVE Taylor Swift. But of course, It was just like Aaron to get me tickets to a Justin Beiber Concert! And saying I dislike Taylor Swift on top of that? OH, he was so going down! If he wished me after nearly 1 week for this, I’m glad I got mad at him.

“I am going to murder that kid! Justin Bieber?! He knows how much I strongly dislike him. And saying I dislike Taylor Swift! He’s number two on my hit list, right after the Veggie Monster!

“Lizzie, you wouldn’t murder Aaron, you loveeee him! And wait, the Veggie Monster?”

“Oh shush Sammy. And yes the Veggie Monster! It’s the creature that replaced the Cookie Monster! It’s going down!”

“Oh Lizzie, sometimes I really worry about your sanity.”

“Oh watch, you’ll be roped into the mission sooner or later. Muahahahahhahaahha!”

“Uh, okay then….why don’t we go and look at Aaron’s second email?”

That calmed me down instantly.

“Sammmmmy, do we have to? I’d rather work on plans for sabotaging the Veggie Monster! Doesn’t that sound so much better?”

“No way Jose, we’re looking at that email, come on now.” With that, Samantha dragged me over to the laptop and made me sit down on the bed, while she sat right next to me, blocking my only escape route.

“Wahhh, mean Sammy. “

“Haha, it’s for your own good. By the way, there’s more to the first email Aaron sent you.”

“What?”

I looked at screen and saw she was right. The scroll bar thingy on the side was only half way towards the end. I scrolled down, and read more.

HAHA, just kidding! Did you really think I would get you Justin Beiber concert tickets for your birthday? NO WAY! I just did that to tease you, looks like it worked. I would have loved to see your reaction, it was probably something along the lines of, “stupiiid aaron ugh!” Anyways, before you’re pissed –off self comes to my house and kills me, here’s your real birthday gift! Two floor tickets to a Taylor Swift Concert!!! I know you love her, so I kind of had to get this for you, as a gift for suffering my teasing, and as a gift for suffering future teasing. Now, have fun screaming in joy! Bye Beth! :D

I gaped at the screen, for the second time today. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

“Lizzie, are you going to scream now? If you are, please go 586,453,231 miles away and do that, thank you.”

But I was not going to scream. How could I? Aaron is so sweet, and such a great friend, but I blew up on him for such a stupid reason. As if Aaron could ever be a player? What the hell was I thinking? Stupid feelings that got in the way. I don’t know how I was going to be able to face him now. There was no I would I could do that without telling him why I thought he was a player. In order to do that, I’d have to admit my feelings. How could I do that? Aaron would never talk to me after that. So both ways, I was screwed.

“I’m not going to scream Sam, let’s just read the second email.”

“Okay then, no need to be so sullen about it. You never know it could just be another gift!.”

“I don’t think so but let’s see.”

I clicked on the second email with a sense of foreboding in my heart. Somehow, I knew this was not going to be something I would like.

From: CODPro

To: LizzieLovesPurple

No Drafts Saved

Email Sent: Sunday, March 20th

Lisabeth,

Hope you like your birthday present. I just wanted to let you know that those ‘dates’ I told you I went on, weren’t dates at all. I was working to pay for your birthday present. I just wanted to prove to you that I am, in no way, a player. I still don’t know why you would think that. There was really no reason to think that, or to get so mad over me over not wishing you on your birthday. I really don’t know why you overreacted so much. Maybe I over reacted too, but I had a more legible reason.

Anyways, just wanted to clarify some things. Email me if you want to explain some things. Or don’t. Whatever you feel like doing.

Aaron

I couldn’t even try to hold back the tears. He worked at least 5 times in the past week to pay for my gift? Why was he so sweet? But again, why was he so cold in that message. I know I hurt him, but did he have to be so stiff? It was like he showed no sign of emotion. Like he didn’t care if we ever became friends again or not. But why? Why was he so unfeeling? There was nothing I could do in this situation, but write him an email.

From: LizzieLovesPurple

To: CODPro

 No Drafts Saved

Date Sent: Sunday, March 20th

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for the birthday present. I really, really love it. Thanks so much. I’m really sorry about indirectly calling you a player. It’s hard to explain why in an email, because I need to see and know your reaction. I’ll explain everything on chat, if you want to know.

Chat with you soon hopefully,

Lizzie

“Wow, “said Sam, leaning over my shoulder,” You two really know how to over react. You should win medals for that or something.”

“I’ll get back at you when you have a stupid argument with Josh.”

“Pfft, like that will happen. Anyways, Lizzie, I hope everything works out, for your sake. Are you going to tell him about your feelings?”

“What other choice do I have?”

_____________________________________________________________________

So, what did you guys think :D

I hope you liked it! And hopefully, some parts of it made you laugh :D btw NO insult intended to the beliebers!

Sorry about any typos and things. and also THANKS SO MUCH FOR FANNING AND READING AND VOTING EVERYBODY! I HAVE 50 FANS AHHH! :D

anywayas PLEASE tell me what you think, what i should improve or change. Comments matter more than votes, but votes to matter! :D

love you guys! -Saph! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1K 30
❝ What if we could just be together, but keep it between us? ❞ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨🌞୧⋆ ˚。⋆ Morgan Irvine and Hailey Graham are best friends. Ever since second gra...
79.6K 3K 38
After an accident in eighth grade, Louisa Kelley was blind. Every day was a struggle for her as she tried to adjust to life both at school and at hom...
689 33 12
The delicate beginning rush The feeling you can know so much Without knowing anything at all And now that I can put this down If I had known what I'd...
118K 3.9K 54
lizzie geller was grossly in love with her older sister's best friend rachel green in high school. seeing her in a wedding dress in their hang out sp...