Being The Player (Being #2) r...

By SimplySteph

Daniel Willow is a player. He has been one since the beginning of freshman year. He played "The Game" that al... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
First Part* (1/2)
Ending to Being The Player.

Chapter 11

161K 2K 323
By SimplySteph

•Chapter 11•

DANIEL

I watched her run her fingers through her long brown hair as she talked to Avery animatedly-moving her hands up and down as she talked rapidly. It was amusing to see her so hyper, but then again this was Kari the girl who seemed to trip on anything solid. I chuckled at the thought of her falling again and me catching her by the waist. I was currently leaning against the lockers; my arms crossed over my chest. I had been on my way to the bathroom, when I noticed my Karbear. I figured this would be a great time to observe her.

Like a total perv... I thought. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I wasn't perving, I reminded myself I was just watching her. Kari's mad at me for something, and I have a suspicion of what it is. If I'm right she and I are going to be in big huge trouble. I watched as she dispatched herself away from Avery's side and made her way to her locker, giving me a perfect view of her face. Smirking I watch as she turns the lock in concentration. Her brow creasing and the tip of her tongue sticking out as she manages to open the locker.

"Yo Dan!" Fiza yells from across the hallways. I jerk away from the locker I was casually leaning on and look her way. She's swaying her hips seductively and every guy in a ten mile radius stops and stares at her mesmerizing beauty. I wouldn't blame them- sporting a tight navel showing shirt with a leather jacket and dark blue skinny jeans. Her long black hair; pulled into a ponytail swinging back and forth with every step she takes.

"Who are you looking at?" she asks coming closer.

"Kari, hey um Fiza I'll talk to you later." I say as I watch a flustered Kari take out about ten books and tries to balance them all. Fiza frowns but nods and walks away towards Rider. Smirking I make my way to her and take away six of her books to carry them. She looks up in surprise and as soon as she sees that it's me her smile drops and replaces it with a scowl.

"Oh it's you." she says giving me a blank look.

"Yeah who'd you expect, Justin Bieber?" I say sarcastically. She rolls her eyes and walks faster, making me jog to catch up to her.

"Yeah at least he's hotter than you." she mutters.

"Ouch!" I say feigning hurt and placing my hand to my chest in mock hurt.

"Kari you wound me." I say laughing.

"Look just give me the books and leave me alone." she says lashing out.

"Nope, so were we heading?" I say stubbornly. Kari ignores me and we walk in silence, well except for me, I'm too busy saying hi to everybody who waves or comments to me. To tell you the truth I don't even know half the people in this school so I just smile politely.

"Were here!" Kari says and walks into a freezing cold empty room. Her pale pink dress swishing against her legs as she jumps up easily on an empty desk. I set down the books on a table near me and walk up next to her. She looks around, her head held high. She's smiling softly making my heart beat erotically. Damn, Kari Valensha is sexy when she smiles.

"Kari?" I say softly.

"Hmm." she says lost in thought, her eyes soft for some reason. Even though the room is empty, cold and deprived of anything personal.

"Why do you have a weird look on your face?" I blurt out. She snaps out of it and looks at me sharply.

"Why are you still here?" she says running her fingers through her waist length hair.

"I'm bored aaand....I have a free period!" I answer jumping up on the table next to her and making myself confortable. Kari looks at me annoyed.

"What?" I ask innocently letting her look me over as I lean back a little. My shirt rises up a bit and I watch as she bites her lips, looking at the exposed skin and tight muscles.

"Why do you just love bothering me?" she says snapping out of the trance. Kari glares and I smile.

"I don't like bothering you; I just want to know why you're so mad at me?" I look over at Kari who's staring at the floor silently. Her head moves side to side slowly in heavy movements.

"What are you doing?" I ask. She looks up with a smile.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't hear what you said I was admiring the floors." she smiles wistfully.

"So what is this room and how come you look like you're in love?" I ask curiously. Kari smirks but then relaxes by leaning back onto her hands.

"Well, I love classrooms; I'm studying to be a teacher." Kari says softly. I bite my lip and ponder this new piece of information from Kari.

"Really? Why?" I ask in disbelief. Personally I've had enough of high school, why on earth would I want to come back? But that's just me.

"Well I love learning, I love teaching kids whether they're highschoolers or little kids. I love the smell of chalk, of feeling like I'm in charge. I don't know I just love it..." she trails off and tilts her, looking lost in thought. I chuckle at her cute expression.

"I'd think you'd be a sexy teacher, if I had been a student in your classroom, I'd be getting in trouble a lot just to be in detention with you." I say wiggling my eyebrows in a suggestive way. Kari looks stunned, and then she giggles surprising me. I smile widely at the fact that I made her laugh. Her whole face lights up as another small giggle slips out. Then as if turning off a light she realizes that she's laughing and completely drops the smile. I frown but look at her intensely.

"So how come your so mad at me Karbear?" I say softly, the words barely coming out of my lips. She frowns and hesitates a while before saying anything.

"Well for starters you keep calling me Karbear, and second I overheard a conversation." she says vaguely.

"You know you like the nickname I gave you." Kari swings her legs up and down and I shift from my sitting position-feeling my butt getting numb.

"And what conversation?" I ask trying to think of a conversation I may have had that could have made her mad.

"I was at the library when I heard your "Plan" with me." she mutters, and making little air quote signs with her fingers at the word Plan. My eyes widen when I recall the memory of seeing brown hair before I left the library. Thinking nothing of it I just forgot about it. And now that I think about it Kari knows our secret and if it gets out that she knows and that I know that she knows, We. Are. So. Dead. I think I just confused myself with all the newly processed information from the way my head was spinning.

"Shit! Kari please don't tell anyone!" I say.

"Why? You deserve to be exposed." she says crossing her arms stubbornly. I sigh and run my hands over my face in frustration.

"Kari if ANY of the guys find out that you know they will ruin you so bad you'll wish you never came to this school." I say each word slowly, letting her think it over.

"What about you? You know I know, I'm pretty sure there's some consequence for that." she says sighing and swinging one leg over to cross her legs.

"I'll be ruined too, just promise me you won't say or do anything!" I look at her and she looks away and glances out the window for a moment.

"Fine I won't but you have to promise you won't be playing "The Game" anymore." she says glaring with her lips sticking out in a pouty way. I hold in my breath, dammit I can't quit the game now.

"Oh and just so you know, you won't be getting that "Kiss" from me. I also heard what you said about me to them." she says quietly, a bit of sadness laces her voice and her face contorts into something I can't explain.

"Kari I didn't mean that at all, you're my sisters best friend for goodness sakes! I wouldn't dare hurt you." I say softly. I look up into her eyes. Her green eyes are looking doubtful and confused.

"Then why are you so desperate to get to me?" she asks, her jaw clenching slightly and not meeting my eyes.

"You were a challenge, but if it means you getting mad at me then I'll quit trying to get you, will just be friends from now on." I say slowly. I was surprised at the way my heart seemed to be sinking at the words I just uttered. Kari soft eyes look back up, flashing with disappointment then going back to their normal dark green.

"Okay we'll be friends." she whispers and it takes all of my will power not to go over to her and hold her. Sadness radiates off of her in waves and I wondered if I'm the reason for it. My heart beats a little bit hopefully that maybe she likes me. Then she brightens up like nothing happened and hops off the desk. My heart deflates again and I watch her curiously. Her sway as she walks up to the chalkboard and writes and equation.

2+2=

I chuckle a bit and she turns back around to grin at me.

"Daniel Willow! Pay attention!" she says grinning widely. I pretend to sit up straighter.

"Yes Ms. Valensha, I'm sorry." I say with a big grin. Kari produces a long pointing stick from behind her back and slams it against the board pointing to the board.

"Now what's the answer?" she says fake scowling but failing miserably.

"Um..." I say scratching my head, pretending to think about it.

"Five?" I say shrugging.

"WRONG!" she yells and stomps her way over to me. I gulp and watch a her body towers over me. Suddenly like another person took over my body. I grab her by the waist and pull her in. She comes crashing on top of me and we land on the floor giggling like madmen. Her foot is in the air and her elbow squeezes the life out of me.

"Kari how much do you eat?" I wheeze out. She slaps me on the arm and gets off.

"Shut up!" she says and I watch as a light brightens up behind her green eyes. I walk closer to her and stand in front of her. Slowly I reach over and with my hand I grab a piece of her hair and tuck it behind her ear, not once taking my eyes off of her. Slowly I lean in and she stays frozen on the spot. I gulp as my hands start sweating. Is this it? Is this the moment I finally get to kiss Kari? My mind wonders as my lips get closer and closer. Finally I close the distance but Kari had moved her head at the last second and my lips crashed against her cheek. I pull away with flaming cheeks and turn away from her shocked face.

"Sorry." I mutter. I can't bear to face her, it's just too embarrassing.

"It's o-okay." she stutters and I could hear footsteps retreating. I look at the clock above the wall and sigh. Not a second later does the bell ring for the next class. I sigh and walk over to the door, Kari following quietly behind.

"Oh um Daniel?" she asks hesitantly. I turn around slowly.

"Yeah?" I say nervously, my hands still sweaty and my heart still pounding loudly in my ears.

"Promise you'll quit that stupid game you and your friends play?" she asks looking at the floor. I really didn't want to disappoint her so I nodded slowly. But behind me I crossed my fingers.

"Yeah I'll quit." I lied.

"Okay good." she says exhaling a breath of relief before shooting me a small smile and walking away. I shake my head.

What are you doing Daniel? If she finds out you lied you know you'll ruin everything between you's two... A small voice whispers in my head. I groan out loud and slum myself against a locker. I start to bang the back of my head against the locker repeatedly. Fuck my life. I can't quit not when I'm so close to being the champion again this year. As much as I hate lying to her, I had too or else the guys would get suspicious also. They know me well enough that I wouldn't just quit for no reason, and I can't just tell them Kari knows. They'll destroy her, and I won't let that happen. And if I have to admit it to myself, I like playing the game. I walk away feeling like something bad is going to happen and the new found friendship with me and Kari isn't going to last long. Shuffling my feet I head to my next class.

Well I hope this was also long enough:P if it's not sorry!:/  

P.s guys Daniel is not a total jerk, he does have a caring side and ha for those Josh Fans don't worry I love Josh too! And I'm pretty sure you'll all like how the story ends up but we still have a long way till the end so don't get too comfortable:D

Comment. Vote. Fan:) 

Love, Stephanie<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Cold By fabspen

Teen Fiction

13.4K 291 41
Occasional good girl with a short tempter and a love for sports, Samantha Maxwell was devoted to making her senior year count. Gossiping was never he...
37.7K 642 36
~COMPLETED~ ~~~ "Say my name." He says into my ear. He presses even closer to me, and I feel everything. Everything. "Ash." I gasp. He picks me up a...
3.9M 90.8K 27
Hayden Marvel. Trey Parker. Total opposites. Hayden is sweet and innocent, and everyone who knows her just loves her. Trey is the star basketball pla...
2.7M 72.3K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...