Innocence

By chocolateluvaaxo

Emma Carter just moved into a new town thanks to her mum's new job. And a new town obviously leads to a new s... More

Innocence
chapter Two - because I Want to be
Chapter Three - Dress Shopping
Chapter Four - The Dance - With A Special Guest.
chapter Five - New sides
Chapter Six - Dinner.
Chapter Seven - Dealing with Mr Bi-Polar
Chapter Eight - Lost Mouse
Chapter Nine - Surprise!
Chapter Ten - Lock Your Doors... And Windows.
Chapter Eleven - It's Magic.
Chapter Twelve - Unexpected Surprises
Chapter Thirteen - Business, Pleasure or Pain?
Chapter Fifteen - First Date & Story Telling
Chapter Sixteen - Misery
Chapter Seventeen - Daddy Issues.
Chapter Eighteen - Reality.
Chapter Nineteen - Family.
Chapter Twenty - A Revelation and Graduation.
Epilo- Just kidding.
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen - Aftermath & Injuries

104K 2.6K 632
By chocolateluvaaxo

Picture of Damien to the side! :) 

----------

For the first time since I knew them, Daniel and James, the usually bickering best friends, looked worried and unsure of what to do. My eyes left their clueless faces and moved to Tyler’s, who was staring at me with worry. He looked as if the thing he treasured most in life was about to be taken away from him, and he did not like it one bit. I looked at him with a silent desperate look. Just leave, I’ll be fine. I mentally screamed; that did no help.

“Paul.” Tyler growled, his jaw clenched. “Let. Her. Go. This is between you and me.”

Paul let out a harsh laugh as he pressed the gun firmer against my skull. “That’s exactly why I’ve got this little mouse here. I know how much she means to you, and what would make me happy? Seeing you suffer. She’s merely a hostage to lure you in.”

I could visibly see Tyler swallow from nervousness. His eyes flickered to me for a second before going back to Paul. “What do you want?” He asked in a slightly strained voice.

“I want to do what I originally planned on doing to your precious girl here before you all so rudely interrupted. Except this time, you can watch me rape her. After that, she’s all yours – as long as you give up your title as the leader of your gang and hand them over to me.” Paul said, and I could mentally picture his sick smirk.

To add empathises on his words; Paul pulled me closer to him, making me cry out in pain from my knee. I looked down at my almost-naked body and bit my lip to refrain another sound of pain from coming out. The scar that was running down my stomach was still pouring out blood, covering the majority of my stomach and starting to turn my underwear a crimson colour. The scars on the sides of my thighs were also contributing to this. My knee was getting even more swollen and you could physically see the skin throbbing from the pain.

Tyler’s fists clenched and he took a step forward, before Daniel put an arm out and pulled him back. He muttered something to Tyler and Tyler stayed where he was.

Paul didn’t let his movement pass easily, and I felt the gun that was pointed at my head click. “Bad move bad boy.” Paul said before leaning down to my ear. “It’s a shame I won’t ever be able to do you now. You would’ve been amazing. But your boy didn’t listen to my rules. So now you’re going to die.” He whispered in my ear, making me shudder in disgust before I struggled against his hold. He pulled my hair backwards and put the gun back to my head.

I looked over at Tyler for what was going to be the last time and a tear that I was trying to hold in escaped and ran down my cheek slowly.

But before anything could happen, another click of a gun echoed throughout the quiet room. “Let her go Paul, or it’s your head that’s going to be blown off.” Stanley’s voice declared sternly. I felt Paul stiffen and his grip on me loosened. I used that to my advantage and elbowed Paul in the gut, making him completely let go of me and groan in pain. I started to run but my knee protested in pain, making me limp my way over to the people I was familiar with. Tyler pushed past Damien and James and pulled me into a bone crushing hug, and I began to sob frantically, taking in his familiar scent.

 “Emma.” He murmured into my hair, hugging me even closer towards his torso. “You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”

“Tyler. I’ve missed you so much.” I whispered into the crook of his neck. I could feel his shirt becoming soaked from my tears and I stared blushing frantically, trying to stop crying.

Our affectionate moment was short lived, because it wasn’t long before all hell broke loose.

“WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IDIOTS STANDING THERE?! GO KILL THEM!” Paul growled, recovering quickly.

“Stay with Damien.” Tyler murmured into my ear before going to join the rest of the fight. I nodded, suddenly feeling tired and felt an arm wrap around my waist to support me. I winced in pain again from the scar on my stomach and began to feel even dizzier.

“Damien. How come you barely fight?” I asked him curiously, trying to fight the migraine that was pounding inside my head.

“I don’t like to get my hands dirty.” He joked, then instantly became serious. “Blondie. You’re losing a lot of blood. Shit.”

“I’m fine; I would like a shirt though.” I mumbled, looking over at the fight where the majority of Paul’s guys were getting distracted by looking over at me every couple of punches.

Damien chuckled. “But you’re helping us win! Look, two guys are already down from Paul’s side because you’re one hell of a distraction.” I blushed at the statement, before another wave of dizziness came over me. Damien noticed this, and his grip around my waist got tighter as he leaned my body against his for full support.

“Damien. Please make sure no one hurts Stanley.” I murmured as everything started to become blurry. I could hear grunts coming from different people all over the room but the sound started blurring all together as one.

“Who’s Stanley? Is that the guy that turned on Paul last minute? Oh shit, Nate is making his way towards him now. Out of all people – NATE! LEAVE HIM MAN, BLONDIE’S ORDERS.” I looked over at Nate who looked at me and started blushing, before moving on to the two guys that were trying to attack Tyler while Tyler was concentrating on Paul. I looked back at Stanley who was smiling at me and mouthed a ‘thank you’. I smiled back weakly. I should be the one thanking him for saving me.

My knee has started protesting in pain again and I bit my lip and closed my eyes. This headache wasn’t helping either!

“Blondie, you’re losing a lot of blood. We need to get you to a hospital.” Damien’s voice just reached my ears. I shook my head then instantly regretted the movement as more dizziness washed over me. “I’m fine.” I managed to get out.

Damien was about to say something but our attention went over to Tyler, who now had Paul pinned up against the wall in a choke hold. I looked over at everyone else and found that all of Paul’s men were on the floor, beaten up to a plump. Tyler’s guys weren’t squeaky clean either, some had blood running down from their nostrils or their lips, while others had bruises that were visibly starting to form on their faces.

“I don’t know how many times I actually have to warn you before it gets through your thick fucking head. Stay. Away. From. Emma. You’re lucky I’m letting you fucking live. You’re a filthy, no good excuse of a human being and you are not fit to be a leader. I have been lenient with you for the past three years, but now? I’m getting sick of your shit.” He punched Paul in the gut again and blood spluttered out of his mouth. “If you know what’s good for you. You’ll get out of town, and stay out. If I see you walking the streets here, I will not hesitate to kill you.” Tyler finished, in a voice so cold I could barely recognise that it was him.

He let go of Paul, who fell to the ground and groaned in pain, then made his way over to me. “Emma. You need to get a hospital.” Tyler’s worried face became three as I blinked rapidly at him.

“Did you take care of Courtney and my mum while I was gone?” I asked softly, ignoring the faintness I was feeling. Tyler nodded and took off his leather jacket and put it on for me. “They’re fine. Now let’s go.”

“Wait, can Stanley come?” I looked over at Stanley who was awkwardly standing in the corner of the room, looking at his shoes. Once he heard his name mentioned, his head snapped up and he looked at Tyler with fear and admiration. Tyler glared back at him then turned to me. “No.”

“Tyler, he’s coming with us. He helped you save me. Now stop being immature and put your jealously aside.” I said with a stern frown.

Tyler looked at me for a second, and I could see him mentally debating with himself. After a few moments, he walked over to Stanley and muttered a few words to him. Stanley shook his head in fear and Tyler glared at him, making Stanley talk back while still shaking his head. Tyler regarded him for a moment before putting a hand out for Stanley to shake. “Welcome to the family. You step out of line once, and you’re out.”

“Thank you so much man.” Stanley said while taking Tyler’s hand and shaking it eagerly. I let out a strained smile in their direction before James’ worried expression blocked my vision. “EMMA! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! ARE… YOU… OKAY?” He said slowly, making me wince.

“James, I’m not deaf. I can hear you and I’m fine.” I said with an amused smile. His worried expression instantly fell and was replaced with his usual grin. “Oh thank god! I’ve missed you! I’d hug you but you’re covered in blood and you’re kind of naked, and I don’t think Tyler would like that. Actually since Tyler doesn’t like that I think I’m going-”

Tyler cut him off. “James. You touch her and I’ll break your arm.” Tyler said with a straight face.

James looked over at him and pouted. “You’re so mean to me!” He whined, before grinning and pecking my cheek. Tyler glared at him and James ran to the other side of the room where Nate and the other members of the gang were standing.

“Idiot.” I heard Damien mutter beside me and I nudged his arm lightly. “Don’t be mean.” I said, before grabbing onto the door frame for support. The dizziness was over powering me now and I looked down to my stomach. Blood was still coming out of the cut and I groaned quietly. My anaemia was not helping with the blood loss.

“We really have to get her to a hospital Tyler. She’s lost too much blood, and her knee looks 10 times its normal size.” Damien said, casting me another worried look.

I looked over at Tyler who was looking at me in worry as well and I knew protesting wasn’t going to get me anywhere. Tyler started making his way towards me with Stanley trailing behind like a star-struck puppy, but that didn’t help what happened next.

No one had time to react. I heard the gunshot sound before I felt a pain that was too strong to explain shoot through the same leg that was currently injured. I didn’t feel the pain at first, it happened that quickly. I looked down at my thigh and found a round spluttering out blood and making the warm cherry red liquid run down my leg, adding to the drying blood that was there from the previous scars.

Everyone’s heads snapped over to where Paul lay. He looked like he had used every ounce of energy within him to make that shot, and a sick smile slowly started forming onto his bloody and bruised face.

And that’s all I saw, before my body shut down and everything went black.

*

If there was anything I hated more than waking up, it was beeping noises. They got under my skin and irritated me to an extent that was indescribable. And this certain beeping? It wasn’t like your regular alarm clock that would shriek until you were fully awake and out of bed in order to turn it off fully. It was high pitched, and was like a broken record that repeated itself every 3 seconds.

I decided to open my eyes slowly then, and instantly started to squint. I looked up at the white ceiling blankly for a couple of seconds, not remembering where I was or how I got here. My eyes started to get used to the bright room slightly, and I opened them a little more, only to find matching white walls. I frowned slightly, and then turned my head to the left to find the source of the beeping.

You can imagine my surprise when I found a heart rate monitor and a drip that was connected to me via a thin tube. My frown returned. I was in a hospital? Why? My eyes travelled to the large navy coloured leather chair where I found Tyler sitting – well, sleeping – uncomfortably. His body was on the chair while his head was on the hospital bed, near my hand that he was holding in his own.

I tried to move in my bed and pain instantly shot throughout my entire body, mainly in my left leg. I lifted up the plain white sheets that were sheltering my body with my free hand, and gasped when I saw the state that my body was in. bandages covered my left leg from the  knee upwards, and I had bandages on each side of my hips and one large one wrapped around my entire stomach.

That’s when my memory released the mental pictures of how I had come to this state, and I felt my whole body tense. Paul had shot me, and I passed out from the blood loss. What happened after that? I looked over to Tyler to see if he had any physical injures on his face and found a fading bruise on his jawline. Paul left my mind as I stared at the fading bruise. Had he gotten that because of me?

Before I could think of anything else, Tyler’s eyes snapped open, and I watched his pupils dilate and adjust to the bright light of the room. He sat up straight and stretched before looking at me and doing a double take. I smiled and used squeezed the hand he was holding.

“Am I dreaming?” He murmured softly, staring at me in shock.

I frowned and shook my head. “Why would you be dreaming? How long was I unconscious for?” I asked curiously, snapping him out of his gaze. Before he answered me he crashed his lips onto mine and cupped my face in his hands. I instantly kissed back and felt my heart flutter. The beeping of the heart rate monitor that was on a constant beat started getting faster, making Tyler pull away laughing and my cheeks to burn up. After he pulled away, the beeping went back to normal, making him smirk. “I didn’t realise I had that much of an effect on you.”

“Shut up and answer my question.” I muttered, going even redder in the face.

“Two weeks.”

I was out for two weeks?!” I exclaimed, my eyes going wide in shock.

“You lost a lot of blood Emma. And then I find you’re anaemic, which didn’t help your case at all. Two weeks is nothing compared to what you went through! I was expecting you to be out for a whole lot longer.” Tyler murmured, taking my hand in his again.

“Well what about school? How much have I missed? I’m going to be so behind.” I groaned, closing my eyes. I could imagine all the running around I’d have to do when I got back to get the assignments and homework that I had to catch up on already.

“Don’t worry; I made sure your friends took an extra sheet of everything they got in class for you.” Tyler said with a smirk.

I was about to respond when a nurse came rushing in. “We got a report that her heart race increased rapidly for a short period of time! Is she okay? Did she show any – Oh. Oh, I see why. Excuse me.” She muttered, before casting one glace at Tyler and me and leaving as fast as she entered.

Tyler chuckled and pecked my cheek. “You don’t understand how worried I have been about you this past month. I thought I had lost you when Paul kidnapped you. When I found your room empty that night… I waited the whole night for you, then when you didn’t return in the morning, and your phone started ringing and Paul told me he took you, I just clicked it. Then when I did finally find you, you were on the verge of death, and that killed me.” Tyler murmured, kissing my hand.

I smiled tiredly at him, exhausted. If only he knew just how much he meant to me. Before I could say anything out loud, he pressed a lingering kiss on my lips. “Get some rest. You still need it.” I nodded, not needing much convincing, before falling into a deep slumber

When I woke up again, it wasn’t in a quiet hospital room. In fact, there was that many people here, that I was debating whether or not it was a hospital at all. Then I realised who all these people were.

“EMMA! YOU’RE AWAKE!” James said a bit too loudly, cutting everyone’s conversation short and making them turn towards me. I smiled at my family and friends; Amanda, Daniel, Alice, The twins, My mum, Courtney, Tyler, Damien, James, Katrina, Stanley, Nate and Tyler’s mum Lucy were all in my hospital room, and smiled back at me once they realised I was awake.

“Oh sweetie! I’m so glad you’re awake and safe!” My mum gushed, being the first one to pull me into a tight hug. I hugged back, taking in the familiar comfort of her hug. “I missed you so much mum.” I murmured into her hair.

“Me too honey, me too.” She whispered back, and we stayed hugging for a little while longer, before Courtney’s voice broke the silence. “Emma! You’re back from your camp! Mummy told me how you fell out of your bed and broke your leg! You silly girl.” She said with a laugh, and I smiled and pulled her in for a hug. “Haha, yep that’s me. Clumsy old Emma. I’ve missed you Court.” I said, before pulling away and messing her hair.

“I missed you too!” She said with a grin. I exchanged a thankful look with my mum. Courtney believed the lie with no questions asked.

I looked away to the rest of the people in the room. “Hey guys.” I said with a weak smile.

Alice was the first one to speak up. “Emma! Don’t you ever disappear like that on us again! Do you know how worried we all were?! I couldn’t concentrate in class properly, and our lunch table was dead quiet from grief! When Nate told me that you were safe and in hospital, you couldn’t imagine our relief! Don’t ever do that again!” She said, before giving me a quick hug.

“I didn’t exactly have a choice Alice.” I said with an amused smile, as the rest of the group came and gave me a hug.

“We tried to tell her that,” Katie began.

“But she wouldn’t listen!” Kelly finished and the twins both gave a pointed look at Alice.

“I don’t care.” Alice muttered, crossing her arms stubbornly, making everyone laugh.

“So how is everyone?” I asked, unable to stop grinning. I was back with the people I loved.

“I’m hungry.” James nodded sadly, like it was the most tragic thing on the planet. I laughed along with the rest of the room before my stomach started rumbling as well, making me turn red.

“You’re not the only one by the sounds of it.” Lucy said with a laugh, winking at me.

“I’ll go see if they can bring you food.” Tyler muttered, before exiting the room. I stared at the place his figure stood two seconds ago before looking away to find everyone looking at me with knowing smiles. “What?” I mumbled, going red again.

“He missed you so much you know.” Lucy murmured to me, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. I smiled and blushed even more.

“Yeah, he wouldn’t let us do anything until we found you.” Damien said with a sly grin. “Which was a good thing. It didn’t feel right without you around, you know?” Everyone in the room murmured their agreements and I cleared my throat. “I’m glad to be back with all of you.” I smiled gratefully at everyone before trying to move and wincing in pain. “When can I be released from here?” I asked.

“Emma, you still need to do a lot of recovering! You’ve just woken up and your anaemia – speaking of your anaemia, you haven’t been taking your iron tablets! What did I tell you about that habit of yours?! You’re an anaemic, you need your iron!” My mum scolded.

“I forget?” I tried, smiling. My mum shook her head. “Of course you do.” She replied, trying not to smile.

Tyler came in with a tray of steaming food then, and set it on the table in front of me, temporarily making everything leave my mind as I dug in.

*

Three weeks passed, and the hospital finally released me from the bland, white room. My scars were near healed and my knee was almost as good as new. The gunshot wound was still there, but didn’t hurt as bad. When my mum had brought me home, the first thing I did was shower, then I rushed to my bedroom and jumped onto my bed, letting its familiar warmth and comfort take over me.

I stayed in there until it was dinner time, and went to join my mum and Courtney at the table. Once I smelt the stir fry my mum made, I moaned in delight. “Finally real food.” I squealed excitedly and took a seat next to Courtney before filling up her plate and my own and hungrily digging in.

My mum laughed. “’Beats hospital food any day, right?” My mum said as she filled her own plate. I nodded eagerly and shoved another spoonful into my mouth.

“Emma, did you make any friends at the camp?” Courtney asked curiously. I stiffened and cleared my throat. “Yeah, I made a couple. They were all very nice over there. Stanley was one of them.” I smiled, before putting another spoonful into my mouth.

“Oh. Then how did you get the big cut on your stomach and the ones on your legs?” She asked.

“I…” I looked over to my mum with a surprised look only to see her expression matching mine. “Who told you about that Court?” I asked instead.

“When you went to the bathroom to get changed in the hospital earlier today, you didn’t close your door properly. I saw you looking at them in the mirror. How did they happen?” She asked again.

I cleared my throat and raked my brain for a quick lie. “Oh, I was climbing a tree and I didn’t see a small, sharp twig sticking out of the stump, and it cut through my shirt. It was nothing, isn’t your food delicious? I think I might go for seconds!” I exclaimed, changing the subject.

“No! You can’t do that! Your stomach might rip open if you eat too much!” Courtney said in horror. My mum and I toppled over in laughter as she regarded us both curiously before shrugging her shoulders and eating the rest of her food.

After everyone was done with their dinner, Courtney spoke up again. “Can we watch barbie and the Nut cracker?” She asked me with her puppy dog eyes.

“What’s the magic word? Have you forgotten your manners already Court?” I said with a smile.

“Oh sorry! Can we watch Barbie and the Nutcracker please?” She asked again, grinning. I laughed and nodded. “Why don’t you and mum start the movie while I clean up and then I’ll come and join you with popcorn?”  Courtney nodded eagerly and ran off to the living room in excitement.

My mum got up from her seat on the dinner table and shook her head. “I’m cleaning up. You go and rest.”

“Mum, how do you expect me to get better if I don’t act how I usually act? If I sit and rest, I’m just going to be lazy forever. Let me clean up, I’ll be fine.” I said with a smile as I ushered her out of the dining room. “Get the DVD ready, I’ll be there soon with some popcorn.”

I cleared the table and washed the dirty dishes before putting a packet of microwave popcorn into the microwave and getting a bowel out to put them in after they were done cooking. While I waited for that to happen, I decided to make my way to my room and get changed into my pyjamas. My breathing increased as I shut the door behind me and I turned around slowly, before letting out a breath of relief. There was no one in my room.

I stripped out of my jeans and t shirt and jeans and slipped on my mini shorts before getting a text. I put down my pyjama shirt and picked up my phone to find a text from Tyler: Do u knoe how had it ia to type witj onr hand. Open ur widow!

I looked at the text message in confusion. ‘What?’ I replied. After a few seconds, Tyler’s caller ID came up on my screen. I answered on the second ring. “What did you say in your message? I did not understand a word in it.”

“Open your window.” I hear Tyler say before the line went dead. I frowned at my phone before putting it back down on the table and making my way towards the window. I opened it and stepped back and found Tyler jumping into my bedroom seconds later. He shut the window and locked it behind him then turned to face me and smirked. “Thank you.” He said while his eyes travelled down my body.

“You’re welcome. You know this house does actually have a door.” I said with a sly smile.

“Where’s the fun in that? And plus, I wouldn’t be able to catch you half naked if I used the door.” He said with a smirk. My eyes widened as I looked down at my body and noticed I still hadn’t put my shirt on. “I really have to stop doing that.” I murmured to myself as I slipped my shirt on while blushing furiously.

“No, please don’t.” Tyler said with a pout. I smiled and brought his lips to mine. “What are you doing here?” I asked after pulling away. Was he going to tell me what he was supposed to tell me the night I got kidnapped?

“I came to see you. How are you feeling?” He asked with a concerned expression, and my anticipation dimmed a little.

“I’m fine, really. I’m about to watch a movie with my mum and Courtney, do you want to join?” I asked with a smile.

“What are you watching?” He asked.

“Oh you’ll love it. It’s a classic.” I said, biting my lip to refrain myself from laughing. A mental image of Tyler sitting on a couch with 3 girls watching a Barbie movie came into my mind, and I smiled at the thought.

“What’s it called?” He asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

“You’ll see.” I grinned, before leaving my room to put the finished popcorn into the bowel.

“Mum, Tyler’s joining us. Is that okay?” I announced once I entered the living room. My mum and Courtney were already curled up on the sofa and the movie was a few minutes in. “That’s fine honey.” She said, before she registered my words and her head snapped towards Tyler and me. “Tyler’s going to watch a Barbie movie…” She trailed off before bursting into a fit of giggles. I joined her by laughing and looked at Tyler who was glaring at me with a playful smirk.

“I’ll do more then watch the movie.” He whispered into my ear before wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my neck softly.

“No, I like this movie. No distractions.” I whispered back, before handing the popcorn over to my mum and sister, and curling up to Tyler who pulled me in and put an arm over my shoulders securely. I sighed into him. I missed this.

-

Ugh I hate this chapter so much! It turned out so so so rubbish and not the way I wanted it to be waaaaah =C

I have nothing else to say apart from warm bodies is the best movie ever and you should watch it! :D Another waaaaah because school starts after tomorrow and I want to just curl up into a ball or slip into a coma. This is how much I hate school. This also means that there probably won’t be an upload for about two months. Unless I legit have no assignments or tests to study for, then I’ll definitely be uploading :D

I was also thinking of doing Tyler’s P.O.V for one of the chapters but I don’t know if I should. Or even if I did, what chapter do I do? I don’t know, maybe it’s a bad idea.

So what do you guys think? I KNOW ITS HORRIBLE I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS ANYMORE it’s so bad I’m so super-duper sorry : (

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN! It makes my day : )

Thanks for reading lovelies :D xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
5.9K 302 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
2.4K 105 35
No copying! I have full credit to this story, all rights reserved! Please, don't copy and paste this. It's okay if you use some stuff, everyone does...
1.1K 91 8
This is wrong. It's disgusting and wrong . . . so why was I kissing him back? Andrew is the hottest guy in school. All the girls want to be with him...