Help Isn't Such a Bad Thing (...

Bởi myenglishirishboys

Harry's life isn't exactly something that he's happy with. It's not that he doesn't have wonderful friends an... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Author's Note!
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Author's note!
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24. (Mature)
Chapter 25. (Last Chapter)
Author's note. please read.

Chapter 10

9K 399 281
Bởi myenglishirishboys

Chapter Ten:

“So Zayn how has school been going for you?”

Zayn gulped down another fork full of my mum’s chicken dinner and smiled, “Really well Anne. Haven’t been doin’ much lately though.”

“Harry says that you’ve been working on some art.”

Zayn looked over at me with a smirk on his face and I wanted to slam my head into the table. I sent a quick glare over to my mum and she gave me and apologetic smile before Zayn spoke up.

“Yea, I’ve been working on some stuff. I’m sure you’ve seen the picture in Harry’s room.”

She nodded, “I have. You’re very talented. I’m sure you’ll get into all of the schools that you want to.”

He laughed, “I don’t know about that but I’m hoping that I can get into a few. I would love to move out of this town and see new things.”

“So does Harry. He’s always been my little adventurer! When he was little he used to run around the backyard in the nude and pretend that he was an explorer searching for treasure!”

Oh my god. Just run Harry. Run and never come back.

I looked over at Zayn and could tell that he was holding back a laugh. I was sure that my face was a rather deep shade of red and he was dying to tease me about this. There was no way that I would ever invite him over for dinner again if my mum was going to be like this all of the time. I wanted him to open up to me not know every little detail about my naked childhood.

Before my mum (or anyone else for that matter) could say anything I quickly got out of my chair, “Ok! I’ll start doing the dishes! Everyone can go their separate ways now, yeah?”

My mum laughed before getting up and ruffling my hair. I glared at her and quietly mumbled, “Muuuum, if you don’t stop I’m never letting you meet anyone ever again.”

She rolled her eyes at me but agreed and turned to Zayn, “Zayn sweetie. Would you like to stay over tonight? It is a Friday after all and we would love to have you here for a little while longer.”

He shook his head, “No thanks. I wouldn’t want to be a bother to any of you.”

My mum picked up some plates and smiled, “Oh you wouldn’t be a bother Zayn! You’re completely delightful to have around! And I’m sure Harry here would love to have some company! I don’t even remember the last time he had a friend stay over. Don’t you think that he should stay Harry?”

I nodded, “Yea. I could use some friend time.”

Zayn bit his lower lip and after a few moments of contemplating what to do he nodded. “Yea. Ok. I would love to stay over. I don’t have anything to do tomorrow anyway.”

I smiled, “Great! Go on up to my room. I’m just gonna help my mum clean up dinner really quick.”

“Alright.” He sauntered up the stairs and once I heard my bedroom door shut I turned to my mom.

“Little adventurer?!”

“Oh come on Harry it wasn’t that bad.”

I threw my hands in the air, “Not that bad? Are you kidding me? It was that bad and then you had to go and throw in the whole nude thing! Are you crazy? Now he’s gonna think that I’m a nudist or something!”

She shrugged, “Well honey you kind of are like a nudist. You love to be naked. You always have.”

“He doesn’t need to know that!”

She rolled her eyes again, “Just go upstairs. I’ve got the dishes handled.”

I sighed, “You just don’t understand.”

“Oh I understand more than you think I do. Now go entertain your guest.”

I huffed and let out another sigh before making my way up the stairs and to my bedroom. When I opened my door Zayn was laying on my bed with his back turned to me. I sauntered over to him and saw that his eyes were closed. I smiled and stood there watching him for a little while.

He’s so cute when he sleeps. Why can’t he be peaceful like that all of the time? I wish I could just cuddle up next to him and never leave his side.

I noticed that he was still wearing his combat boots and his clothes so I walked over to the end of my bed and sat down. I carefully began untying his boots and slipping them off of his feet. When the second one was almost off he stirred and looked over at me.

He mumbled, “What’re you doin’?”

“Taking your shoes off. You looked uncomfortable.”

He smirked, “Thanks. Is it time for bed?”

I nodded, “Seems like it. You look pretty exhausted.”

He laid his head back down on the pillow, “A little.”

“Well then it’s time for bed.”

I opened my closet and took out a sleeping bag and a spare pillow and placed them on the floor next to my bed. I laid them out nicely and left to go wash my face and brush my teeth before coming back in my room to see Zayn on the floor.

I raised my eyebrow and put my hands on my hips, “What are you doing?”

He shrugged, “Going to sleep.”

“No. Guests get the bed. Go on now.” I pointed to my bed and he smirked.

“I’m fine Styles. You can have your bed.”

“Zayn, I’m not asking you to move. I’m telling you.”

We stared at each other for a little while and I don’t know what got him to move but he rolled his eyes and hopped back up onto my bed. I smiled happy that I had won our little battle and pulled my shirt over my head. I threw it to the corner of my room where my dirty clothes went and then proceeded to take off my pants. I didn’t like to sleep in clothes because I tended to get all tangled up in them and I always get too hot overnight. After I tossed them on top of my shirt I looked up to see that Zayn was staring at me with a big grin on his face.

“What?”

He chuckled, “Is this some messed up attempt to seduce me?”

“Oh please, don’t flatter yourself. For your information I prefer to not sleep with clothes on because I find it quite uncomfortable.”

He nodded, “Mhm. So you really are a nudist.”

“Just because I like to sleep without clothes doesn’t mean I’m a nudist.”

“Yea sure. Well goodnight.”

I sighed knowing that it really was no good trying to argue with the lad. I flicked off the light before returning to my sleeping bag and closing my eyes. I never thought that I would ever get Zayn to actually stay the night at my house and I thought it all was a dream but when I heard tiny snores coming from my bed I knew that I was one step closer to getting a new friend.

I stretched and let out a big yawn before sitting up in my sleeping bag. I was recalling the events from the previous day and remembered why I woke up on the floor. Quietly I got up and looked at the sleeping boy in my bed. He looked so adorable with his lips slightly parted and his hands folded over his stomach. I smiled and walked out of my room to see if my mum was awake yet and when I saw that her bedroom was empty I made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. I saw a piece of paper on the counter and picked it up:

Harry, we left early to go see Gemma. I’ll call you before we come back home. I love you.

                                                                -Mum

P.S. If Zayn wants to stay another night that’s ok with me. Have a good day.

I placed the note back down and opened the fridge to grab the container of orange juice. I poured myself a glass and looked at the clock on the wall. 7:46am. I shook my head and sighed knowing that I would never be able to fall back asleep now that I was awake. I knew that going to sleep so early would mess up my sleeping schedule but I wanted Zayn to get his rest. He always did look pretty exhausted when we were at school and there was no telling how much sleep he got when he was at home with his apparently not abusive father. I still didn’t believe him about that whole situation but I didn’t want to start a fight with him. He seemed to be much more sensitive than I ever thought he would be and I didn’t want to ruin the progress that I had made with him. I was sure that he would tell me the truth whenever he was ready to talk about it.

I left the kitchen and walked to the bathroom so that I could take a shower. I hadn’t taken one the night before since I fell asleep so early and I was starting to feel dirty. I turned on the water so it could warm up before stripping off my clothes and stepping into the shower. Once the hot water hit my face I started to think about what exactly I wanted Zayn and me to be. The thoughts running through my head were odd for me to think about because I had never planned on really wanting us to be more than friends but now everything felt different. If Zayn and I were ever going to be an item I had to think it through first because I had a feeling it would be difficult to live a life with him.

Pros and cons Harry. Do your pros and cons. Ok, cons first. Well he’s kinda stubborn most of the time and he has quite the temper. He also seems to be violent and has problems with his emotions. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I mean maybe he just needs someone to fix him up a little. He may not be a bad guy after all. He did draw all of those pictures of you. And it’s not like he would ever go and hurt you. If he hasn’t hit you yet you’re definitely not going to get hit if you’re dating him. And he’s strong so if someone ever tries to beat you up he can take care of them for you. He also is really attractive. Those eyes of his are absolutely stunning and when he gives you that little smirk it’s just so gorgeous.

I shook my head, “Ok when did this become just pros? Why does he have to be so damn perfect?”

I quickly washed my hair and stepped out of the shower and that’s when I realized that I forgot to get a towel out of my closet. I shrugged and made my way to my bedroom with my dirty clothes in my hand. I slowly opened the door so I didn’t wake Zayn and when it was completely ajar I saw that he was sitting up in my bed. I smirk appeared on his face and he let out a laugh.

“Well good morning to you too Styles!”

A blush spread across my face and I tried to cover myself up with my clothes. I stuttered, “I-I’m sorry. I th-thought you were sleeping.”

He shrugged, “Just woke up. I was actually wondering where you ran off to but here you are. Naked.”

He laughed again and I didn’t think it was possible but I blushed an even deeper shade of red. “I was just taking a shower and I forgot my towel.”

“Oh come on Hazza, don’t be embarrassed.”

“C-could you maybe turn around so I can get dressed?”

He chuckled, “I don’t know I kinda enjoy flustering you.”

“Zayn ple-“

“Ok, ok. I’m turning. No need to beg.”

He turned around and I quickly made my way over to my closet to grab my clothes.

He sighed, “Are you done yet?”

“No.”

“How about now?”

“No Zayn.”

“Now?”

I groaned, “What the hell do you think?”

“Yes!”

He turned back around and I was facing him with just a shirt on. “Please turn back around Zayn. This isn’t funny.”

“You’re packin’ some heat Styles.”

Oh my god. Kill me now. Someone please just kill me.

Instead of begging him to look away I swiftly pulled on some boxer briefs and sweat pants. He was still staring at me when I had finished and I just decided to ignore the whole thing.

“Can I take a shower?”

I nodded, “Yea. Towels are in my closet.”

He hopped off of my bed and grabbed a towel before giving me a smirk and walking off towards the bathroom. I stood next to the wall and smacked my head against it a few times saying, “Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.”

I pulled some sweats and a tshirt out of my closet and placed them on the bed for Zayn to wear then headed downstairs to make some breakfast for the two of us.

By the time the eggs were cooked and the toast was toasted he was walking down the stairs. I thought he looked adorable when he was sleeping but now his hair was wet and down and he was clad in my clothes and I wanted to jump him.

“You didn’t poison these did you?”

“Why? Do you not trust me?”

He shrugged, “I just figured that you were embarrassed so much that you might just decide to kill me or something.”

I sighed, “I’m not embarrassed.”

He chuckled, “Really? Because that giant blush that spread across your face told me otherwise.”

Instead of arguing with him I decided to just change the subject, “My parents aren’t going to be home for a little while. They went to go see my sister at uni. They should be back later though.”

“Alright. What are we gonna do then?”

“I don’t know. Do you like movies?”

He nodded, “Yea. Depends what kind though I guess.”

“James Bond?”

His head shot up from his breakfast, “Yes!”

I laughed, “Then we can have a Bond marathon. I own all of the movies so we won’t have to go out and rent them.”

“Sounds good.”

After we finished eating I cleaned up the kitchen and he waited out in the living room for me. I turned on the telly and grabbed the first movie to play. I sat on the couch next to Zayn and we watched the first three movies before he said that he was hungry again. We made our way to the kitchen and I put a frozen pizza into the oven for us to have for lunch. While we were waiting for it to be done the phone rang and I quickly answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hi Harry! How’s your day?”

It was my mum. “It’s good mum. Just watching some movies. How’s Gemma doing?”

“She’s good. I just wanted to let you know that we won’t be coming home today. The weather is pretty bad so we’re just going to stay in a hotel. Is that ok?”

“Sure mum. I’m sure Zayn and I will be fine.”

“Ok. No parties.”

I laughed, “Oh yea. Because you know how much I like to have parties.”

“You are my little party animal!” She laughed, “I’ll call you tomorrow before we come home!”

“Alright. Love you mum. Be safe.”

“Love you too sweetie!”

I hung up the phone and turned to Zayn, “My parents are staying in a hotel tonight. The weather is apparently really bad.” I walked to the front door and opened it to see that there really was quite the snowstorm outside. I yelled to Zayn, “Maybe you should stay here again tonight! It’s pretty bad out there!”

I made my way back to the kitchen and he shrugged, “Alright.”

A few moments later we were back on the couch watching our movies after devouring our pizza. I got cold so I grabbed a blanket out of the chest that was on the other side of the room and covered the both of us up on the couch. Zayn didn’t say anything but a smile crept onto his face and I couldn’t help but smile too. After a while I felt myself growing tired and before I knew it I was fading away into a deep sleep.

When I woke up I saw that the movie was over and I felt a weight on top of me. Zayn was snuggled up next to me sleeping with a smile on his face. I thought about moving him but he was just too cute. Instead I gently placed a kiss on his forehead and closed my eyes with thoughts of a smiling Zayn on my mind.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

483K 21.2K 36
❝you know how they say, what was it? don't judge a book by its cover? well lad, this is a prime example.❞ zayn was your typical bad boy. leather jack...
14.7K 187 16
Story of a girl whos life is upsidedown. When suddenly her inspiration, Niall Horan, tweets her. The two go to hell and back, just to simply meet. W...
7.2K 65 30
Just as Arianna is starting to realize how wrong her crush on Zayn really is, Niall comes into her life. Ari seems to capture Niall's heart but she i...
49.2K 3.4K 17
{COMPLETED} ~~~ "You're looking in the wrong place for my love, Don't think because you're with me this is real." ~~~ For people who knew what is goi...