Not of this Time

By AngelNatari

Diana and Meg are two normal girls visiting Greece on Vacation. What they didn't expect is to be pulled deep... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Book Trailer
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Epilogue
Remember

Chapter 8

5.6K 201 18
By AngelNatari

Meg's POV

Alright I never thought I would be in this situation. You know pregnant with Patroclus baby but lucky for me Diana took the news...ok. I mean usually with stuff like that she faints but she was more along the lines of so shocked she wanted to kill me. Now here we sit at a dinner neither of us want anything to do with. I try to ignore the people around me when I notice Paris looking at Di in an odd way. Ok really that guy is just a creep. Then I turn to my left and notice Hector glaring at Paris probably for looking at Di but I don't get it. I mean I know Di likes Achilles but now she has two princes fighting over her? Lucky duck! Well when I say fighting in my eyes it looks like Paris does thing with or to Di just to make Hector jealous. Boy does it work too.

Just as Di starts to drink something someone starts to say something about us not having a title or being any part of Troy therefore we have no reason to be at the table. What didn't shock me was that is was Hector's future bride who said this.

"Now, Diana is a honored guest for saving my niece and her sister is just as welcome as she is." The King tells the woman.

"Yet they are dressed as nobles? I see no need for that." the woman tells him looking at us.

Uh oh I can see Di is starting to get pissed then again I am not exactly calm right now either. I know she does the best she can to ignore the woman but how can you ignore that tiny high pitched voice? I swear her voice reminds me of "Miss Fine" off "The Nanny".

"Enough." Hector tells the woman beside him.

"No, do they not have homes of their own? What reason do they have to live here?" she starts.

"That is none of your concern. Diana and Meg are guests of mine and have nothing to do with you." Paris says speaking up for us.

Oh he is so sucking up to Diana and she doesn't seem to mind either. I think she was just happy someone was willing to stand up for us.

"Helen do you approve of his choice?" the woman asks her.

Oh for the love of Pete. Why does she have to drag this on I mean really? It's like oh I see, she wants to keep Di away from Hector. As if that would work he is usually the one hunting her down.

"I have nothing against these women, they have not wrong me in any way." Helen states looking at Di and myself. "I suggest you just mind your own business, Aletha."

Oh so that's her name? I always though it was just crazy, weird woman but then again that would be too long. Oh no now I am starting to feel nauseous. I look to Di whose eyes widen at me. Hey don't blame me, this kid has horrible timing.

"Excuse me my King but my sister is not feeling well, may we be excused?" Di asks the King.

"Of course, is there anything you need?" The King asks as he leans forward in his seat looking at me.

"No but thank you my King." Di tells helping me out of my chair and out of the room.

"I really don't like Aletha. She seems like a snob." I tell her as I keep my hand over my mouth just in case.

"Well she's one of those people who thinks they should get whatever they want. Even if they have to steal it." Di says helping me to my room and laying me down on the bed. "Do you need anything?"

"I wish Patroclus were here so I could tell him the news, then knock his lights out for putting me in this situation." I tell her with a giggle.

Di takes a rag from the basin and puts it on my head and smiles down at me.

"Oh so this is all his fault? If I remember correctly it takes two to make a baby Meg, you can't go without blame this time." Di says with a giggle.

"What are we going to do? What if we are stuck here in Troy? Does that mean you would go after Hector then if Achilles doesn't come?" I ask her wanting to know our plan.

"I have no idea Meg, I really don't know what to think. Anything I try to say or do might have a horrible outcome in the end." she tells me with a sigh.

"You think it would be like betraying him if you told Hector you may like him? Just asking cause if Achilles doesn't come something tells me Hector would dump that snob asap just for you." I tell her as she looks back at me.

"I can't answer that Meg, I don't even know the answer. Now you get some rest. I'll see you first thing in the morning." Di tells me with a smile as she goes to the door.

"Night sis. See you in the morning." I tell her as I lay on my side.

Diana's POV

I walk outside of Megs room and lean against the doors. Why does my heart have to play games with my mind? I really didn't understand any of this. I knew I felt something strong for Achilles but Hector I just don't know. What if Meg is right and Achilles doesn't come? It's not like he couldn't get another woman right? That's all we are to men in this time. Toys that's it. I sigh when I hear someone giggling. I decide to follow the sound. I look around the corner and see Helen kissing another man who I know for sure isn't Paris.

Oh no, he was serious? I thought he was just screwing with me. Now I can't help but feel bad for the poor idiot. I turn back and walk as fast as I can away from that scene. I mean seriously Helen has a prince was that not good enough for her? Just as I am about to go to my room I see Paris in his garden looking at the pool of water in the center. Darn me and my empath tendencies. I walk forward and kneel down beside Paris.

"Oh Diana, I didn't hear you come in." Paris says trying to put his act back together.

"You were serious weren't you? I think you know Helen and you don't have the love you want don't you?" I ask him as he just looks at me a little shocked.

"Hector thinks everything I do is to be with some woman. It's not true I thought we actually had something but I don't know I can sense a change between us." Paris says trying to explain to me.

Oh buddy you have no idea how right you are. If I did tell him he was right though would that make things better or worse?

"If your senses were right then what would you do?"

"I don't know, love works in funny ways." he says as he throws a rock into the pool.

"Are you sure it was love and not lust? I've heard those two can be confused quite often." I tell him as I put my hand in the pool making a ripple. "See the ripples in the pool Paris? Think of those as your decisions, see how they start off small but then become bigger? Each action has an equal reaction."

"I should have never brought her here should I?" Paris asks me.

I shake my head no, the I see another person join us in the garden, Aletha. Oh this all that I need. She is definitely going to take this the wrong way.

"Oh I see, they are you whores when Helen isn't around." Althea says with a smile.

Just as I move to lunge at her Paris puts his hand on mine and shakes his head no then turns back to Aletha. Paris stands up and starts to walk her way.

"No, you have assumed wrong. Unlike the rumors you have heard about my brother and I we don't just bed people as you do Aletha." Paris tells her.

"How dare you! I have never bedded anyone in my life." she yells and then goes up to Paris and slaps him. "You may be a prince but your just as much a whore as she is."

"I beg your pardon! You don't know a damn thing about me." I say as I stand up and walk to Paris side. "What makes you think you have the right to judge me you bitch."

I think that Paris was a little shocked that I would stand up for myself. Most women back then didn't that I remember. Althea just stands there in shock for a few moments.

"I can not imagine what Prince Hector sees in someone like you. All you are is a title nothing more nothing less." I continue to tell her.

Just then I see her hand headed for my face. Before it makes contact though another hand stops her. I look and see to my surprise it's Paris that stopped her. What is going on? Why is his whole personality doing a 360?

"You will not touch her. Understand me?" Paris tells her as I can see him tighten his grip.

"What is going on here?" Hector asks as he comes forward.

"Your bride dear brother was about to slap my guest. I stepped in and stopped her. Please make sure this doesn't happen again." Paris says releasing her arm and coming back to stand beside me.

"You were going to hit Diana?" Hector asks the woman.

"What if I were? She is no one important." the woman says as she holds her hand that Paris just released. "Though she seems to have you two under her spell."

Don't you dare mention the whole mermaid thing I swear I will go all kind of crazy on this woman.

"Away with you, I wish to speak to my brother and Diana." Hector says turning his attention to us.

"You can't just dismiss me, I am not your servant." she says looking at Hector shocked.

"I think he just did, now leave us so I may speak with my brother and our friend." Paris tells her.

Wait did Paris just call me his friend? When did I suddenly become his friend? Althea turns on her heel and acts as though she is crying as she runs off. Oh come on even I could have come up with better fake tears than she did. Hector walks up to Paris and I and just looks us over.

"Did he try to hurt you Diana?" Hector asks me.

"No, I came to him. I saw him in the garden alone and I wished to speak with him." I tell him as I for some reason come to Paris defense.

"You went to him? Why?" Hector asks.

"I wanted to hear Paris side of the story. I had heard others but I am not one to judge a book by it's cover." I tell him as I look to Paris.

Maybe I did judge him a little too fast. He knows he screwed up but I don't think he has any idea how to stop it. Hector looks between Paris and I.

"You two are friend now then? Even though he tried to use you?" Hector asks.

"No one uses me unless I allow them to. Though he may have made advance he did nothing to truly harm me." I tell Hector as I can see this is making him jealous.

Hector then turns to Paris.

"You hurt her brother and you will answer to me." Hector tells him.

"And if you hurt me then who will you answer to?" I ask him in reply.

Hector didn't see this coming as I can tell he blushes just for a split second. Paris sees this as well and looks to me. I didn't know if it was the right thing to say but I wanted to know for myself.

"Me, He'll answer to me." I hear Meg say as she walks forward very slowly. "Why not call a truce shall we? Why fight each other when you can come together to solve the problem?"

Ok did pregnancy really effect her brain that bad? She seriously seems much smarter then she did before and I am the one looking up to her now.

"Put aside your differences, Hector you are the elder brother and yes you have responsibilities that you must do however you still have a duty to yourself and your family. Oh and if you marry crazy lady I feel really sorry for you." Meg tells him.

Wow Meg that was actually really deep. Then she goes to Paris.

"2nd place syndrome. I know it when I see it. I have it sometimes as well. You feel like you must be on the same level as Hector all the time. So others will look up to you. That isn't true you have to be you Paris. You hide behind others fearing if you did not you would mess up and people would hate you for it." Meg starts.

"You don't have to hide Paris. No more lies be honest with Hector. You two make a better team than you know." I tell him as Hector and Paris look at each other.

"Di, let's leave them to talk. Something tells me they have a lot to talk about." Meg says as we start to walk away.

Knowing those two might actually put away their differences made me feel a bit better but it didn't solve the problem with Helen. I didn't know if anything ever would solve it. I take Meg back to her room and demand she stay in bed till morning as I walk back to my room. Once inside I go to lay down when I see someone on my balcony. I cautiously walk forward push the material aside. There on the balcony is Achilles.

I run into his arms and kiss him with as much passion as I can give. I feel him grab onto me and kiss me back. His arms holding me as close to his body as it close as it can. I missed his kiss, his touch even his scent. I am so happy he came back for me.

"Diana." Achilles says breaking our kiss and looking down at me.

"Achilles, I can not tell you how many times I have dreamed this." I tell him as look up at him.

"Come, we must get you and Meg out of here. Then you have some explaining to do." Achilles tells me taking ahold of my arm and sneaking out of my room.

"Why don't I like the sound of your last statement?" I ask as he looks back at me with a smile.

Achilles and I manage to knock out a guard and Achilles puts on his clothes so we can move about freely in the palace. We make it to Megs room where we see more of her and Patroclus then I ever wanted to see. Achilles and I turn away from them very quickly as Achilles clears his throat. I think they heard him cause I heard they get out of bed and sound like they were going to get dressed.

Once they were ready to go. We started to the wine cellar that I had been searching for and just managed to find this morning. Meg and Patroclus leave first followed by Achilles. Just as I am about to take a step down I feel someone stop me. I turn around and there stands Hector.

"Hector, please I can't stay here all I am here is a problem." I tell him as I walk up to him.

" I do not know what to say to you Diana, you are in my heart as you always will be." Hector says as his hand caresses my cheek.

"Hector, forgive me for leaving you I wish things were different but your a prince and I'm not anywhere close to a princess. Just be happy don't marry for title. Marry for love." I tell him as I look up into his eyes.

"Stay safe Diana." Hector tells me.

I nod at him and before I leave him I decide to leave him with my only gift I could give him. I surprise Hector as I grab his head and kiss him one last time. This was my good bye to him. Since I hoped something would work out and Hector and Paris would return Helen and end this war. Hector returns my kiss and holds me close to his body. I break away and smile at him as I go to the tunnel.

"Good bye Prince Hector." I tell him as I then start down the tunnel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Wars Of Love By ST

Teen Fiction

231 19 25
In a high-tech Ancient Greek world of destiny and warfare, "Wars of Love" is an epic sci-fi twist on the Iliad. This thrilling tale intertwines the p...
Kairos By Eliza ❤️

Historical Fiction

554 31 21
*For fans of Percy Jackson, Greek/Roman mythology and epic historical battles* "In hindsight, knocking someone out with a thousand year old artefact...
1.5K 83 29
As Princess and sole heir of the kingdom of Pedasus, Briseis has many duties. One of which she cannot fulfill much to her sorrow. As the Trojan War b...
78.9K 1.5K 18
Amelia is Troy's long lost princess. She is immensely pretty and the best warrior alongside her brother, Hector. She finally reunites with her family...