Not of this Time

By AngelNatari

Diana and Meg are two normal girls visiting Greece on Vacation. What they didn't expect is to be pulled deep... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Book Trailer
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Epilogue
Remember

Chapter 6

6.4K 209 9
By AngelNatari

Diana's POV

I have to keep my promise now that Hector saved me I have to get that little spoiled brat out of here. The only question is how. It's night and Achilles just fell asleep beside me. It was now or never. I managed to get out his hold around me and head to Patroclus tent. There I found Meg asleep in his arms. Oh we are so going to hell for this. We are totally changing history right now. I quickly go to Meg and shake her to wake her up.

"Uh Diana? What's wrong? What happened?" Meg asks me but I quickly put my hand over her mouth.

"You have to cover for me, I have to keep a promise to someone so I need to you distract both Patroclus and Achilles. I will return as soon as I can." I tell her as I slowly remove my hand.

"Uh huh this wouldn't have to do with the dark haired man that likes to pull you away from the group when we do laundry would it?" Meg asks me with a raised eye brow.

"It's not what you think Meg. He really thinks I am a mermaid."

"Wow, he actually thinks your a mermaid. Alright be careful then Ariel." Meg tells me with a wink.

"Hardy har har Meg. I mean it. They can't know I'm gone." I tell her as I leave the tent.

To my luck the priestess was moved just outside of our camp where the King kept the rest of his, well lets just say prisoners of war. I ran there and managed to find the priestess inside at the end of the tent. I put my hand over her mouth and she wakes up surprised that it's me.

"Stay still, I am here to get you out of here. Don't ask why I owe someone in your family a favor and I am going to repay it by returning you." I tell her.

Surprisingly she agrees to this and we make our way out of the tent together. Once we are pretty far away from camp apparently the priestess knows of a tunnel nearby. I follow her into it. This way seems like it takes much longer than I thought it would then to my surprise we end up in some kind of wine cellar. The priestess leads me upstairs where she turns and around and reveals to me somehow we are inside the palace.

"All this time you were trying to rescue me?" she asks me not sure of what else to say.

"Well, like I said I owed someone in your family a favor. Now it has been repaid and you are back home. This time do us all a favor and stay here." I tell her as she smiles at me then takes off into the palace.

Pain in my butt that girl is. Just as I turn to make my escape I feel a pair of hands stop me. I turn around and I come face to face with the Prince of Troy. However this time it isn't Hector. Nope this is Paris. Oh crap now what do I do? How do I explain anything to him.

"My cousin seems to have forgotten her helper. How is it that you managed to help her escape from Achilles camp?" Paris asks me as he backs me up against a wall.

"I just had to think outside the box." I tell Paris showing him that I am not afraid of him.

"Yet you leave as a theif in the night? Why not tell my father so he could give you gold or jewels?" he asks me as he gets dangerously close to my face.

"Not everything is worth gold or jewels young prince. You would do wise to remember that." I tell him as he then puts a hand on my cheek.

"Let her go Paris." we hear Hector call out to him.

"Brother, I was just having a word with the woman who managed to bring our cousin back from her captors." Paris says still not moving from his position.

"We've met." Hector says walking close to us. "Paris why not remove yourself from Diana, she does not look comfortable with you so close to her."

"You even know her name? How sweet brother." Paris says as he looks over to Hector.

I am really getting tired of being way to close to the prince who started the war all over some woman and now he just wont keep his person to himself. So against my better judgement my future side kicks in and I stomp on his foot as hard as I can then run to Hector to hide behind him.

"Ah! Do you see what she just did brother?" Paris asks in shock.

"She ran away from you by my eyes. Why not go back to Helen? I am sure she is missing you." Hector tells him as he stands protectivly over me.

"You must be joking brother? You would defend a random woman over your own brother?" Paris questions Hector.

I roll my eyes. It's his pride and lust that got this war started.

"Go on Paris, you aren't thinking correctly." Hector tells him.

Paris turns and walks away from us like the spoiled little child that he is. Then Hector turns to me and smiles.

"I did not imagine you would bring her all the way here yourself." Hector tells me surprised by my actions.

"When I make a promise I intend to keep it." I tell him as I smile back at him. "However I must return for I would not want my absense to go noticed."

"You would not stay? It's true my father would give you a reward." Hector says taking my hand.

"I'll ask you a favor as my reward. Don't attempt to kill anyone is Achilles armor. Do you promise me that Hector?" I say as I take his hand in mine.

Maybe this way he won't attack who he thinks is Achilles and accidently kill Patroclus. He looks at me confused.

"Are you his woman? Achilles?" he asks as he looks into my eyes.

"Ok listen here pal I am no one's woman! I am not property to be claimed!" I tell him pulling my hand away from his. "I kept my promise Hector will you keep yours?"

Meg's POV

Serisouly how long has Diana been gone? I swear when she does things like this it just puts me on edge. How am I suppose to distract both Patroclus and Achilles? Dawn is quickly approaching and usually Patroclus and Achilles wake up right after that. At least Diana tells me that is what Achilles does. Just then Patroclus wake up and holds me a bit closer to him.

"Did you not sleep well last night Meg?" Patroclus asks me.

"Just a bad dream, I'll talk to Di about it later on today. Nothing to worry about though I promise." I tell him as we both sit up.

Then the tent flap opens and there stands a very unhappy Achilles. Oh crap Diana where the heck are you cause he looks pissed. Achilles walks inside and looks straight at me.

"Where is Diana?" he asks me trying to use his fake kind voice.

"I haven't seen her. Maybe she is down at the beach or perhaps in the food tent?" I say questioning him in return.

"I have checked the beach and she was not there...is there something you are hiding Meg?" Achilles asks me with a cold tone.

Oh come on how come I am always the one to get thrown into these situations? Just as he is about to ask me another question Di walks in with an apple just about to bite it.

"What?" Diana asks looking at all of us. "Can't I get food without an escourt?"

"Diana we need to talk right now." Achilles says taking Diana by her arm and leading her out of the tent.

Achilles POV

She was gone again! Diana knew that I did not want her wondering around alone. Yes the priestess was no away from us but that didn't mean that she nor Meg was safe at all. I hated waking up and her not being there. It made me think that she was hiding something. I went to Patroclus tent and questioned Meg who seemed completly clueless about what was happening. Then Diana just happens to walk inside with an apple in hand. I grab her and pull her out of the tent.

"Diana what have I told you about just leaving on your own?" I ask her as she looks at me confused.

"All I did was go get food, I didn't want to wake you because you needed rest." she tells me as she looks me over.

"Do not leave with out me. Do you understand woman?" I ask as my grip on her arm tighten.

"Your hurting me! I am not just some property you can claim Achillies. I am a woman not a toy!" she yells at me as she pulls away from my grasp.

Before either of us know what to do there is a surprise attack from the Trojans. No one saw this coming. Men came out from their tents and began to fight them. I looked for Diana only to find her grabbed by one of the Trojan soldiers. This is exactly why I told her to stay with me!

"ACHILLES!" Diana calls out for me.

I run through the hoards of soldiers try to get to her when the soldier hands her off to someone on a chariot. They quickly take off leaving me behind. I would get her back though. I run back to my tent and put on my armor and grab my sword to fight the soldiers who have just envaded my camp.

Diana's POV

I wake up and feel very odd. I look around and see that I am chained to a wall, as well as Meg and the other women from the camp. What the heck happened? I don't remember any of this in the story. Oh no this must be because Meg and I well actually more me have changed the story. I try to pull at my chains to release me when the door opens and Paris comes walking inside with a smug look on his face.

"This one. Bring her with us." Paris says pointing to me.

Oh dear god what does he have planned for me to do now? The guard comes and undoes my chains. I just fall to the ground too weak to hold up my own body. I then feel someone pick me up. I glance up to see it's Paris who picked me up. What's going to happen to me? All I wanted to do was make sure that Hector, Patroclus and Achilles didn't die. Why is it when I try to do something good I get kicked in the butt for it?

Paris then carries me out of the room. Oh no Meg, what about Meg? What will they do to her? I try to struggle but once again my body is too weak. I fall back into the darkness until I am awoken by a me being dunked under water. Fearing that he is going to drown me I immediatly comes up for air. To my surprise he doesn't try to drown me but instead smiles at me.

"Glad to see you are still among that land of the living. You know I hear rumors of you being a mermaid but I do not believe them. Your just a simple woman to me." Paris says as he lifts my chin up and examines my face. "Idiots had the nerve to hurt you. This was never the plan."

I am surprised when he takes a cloth and begins to clean the scratches on my face. What did he mean that this wasn't the plan? Was this all his doing? Why would he want someone like me though when he had Helen? He must have seen Achilles run for me right? Wouldn't that be the only reason. I flinch as he touches the cut under my left eye.

"Forgive me, I did not mean to hurt you. I believe I still owe you thanks as well for helping my cousin. The priestess you brought back here." Paris tells me as he hands me the cloth.

"Why are you doing this? What happened? All I remember is someone grabbing me and giving me to another man on a chariot." I tell him as I look up at him confused.

"There was a raid on Achilles camp, it appears that all of his spoils of war were brought here to be sold. Including you. I went down to see what the fuss was about and there you were. Both I and Bresis knew of you and we decided to help you as you did her." Paris explains to me.

"My sister, Meg she was down there too. What will they do to her?" I ask him afraid to know the answer.

"Probably make her a slave, if there is anyway I can help her then believe me I will." Paris says with friendly smile.

Ok I really don't get him, the other night he absolutly hated me and now here I am and he is helping me? Taking care of me? What the heck is going on?

"What will I do now? Will I be a slave too?"

"No, you will be with either Briesis or myself. We are to keep you safe however I would not go near Hector, he is to be married soon." Paris tells me.

Aha! I think I know what is going on here. Paris wants to make Hector jealous...right? If that isn't it then I have no idea. I just sigh as he hand me something.

"Here this is the same oil that Bresis uses. She told me to tell you to use it." Paris says handing me the oils.

Paris leaves and allows me to finish my bath alone. After that a few other servants walk in and dess me in a white dress with a very low neck line. I am surprised when the put gold bands on my arms as well as brush my hair. I don't understand why I am being treated so kindly.

Once they servants are finished with me Paris comes back into the room.

"Aphrodite has blessed you in many ways." Paris says as he circle me like I am his prey.

"Not as much as she has blessed Helen though wouldn't you agree?" I ask hoping this will make him leave me alone.

"Don't forget your place no you are not a slave but you aren't royalty either. Both my cousin and I did pay for you." he tells me putting his hand on my cheek. "Shall we try to be friends Diana?"

"As if I had a choice Paris." I tell him as I give him a fake smile.

"Come now Diana, I have been nothing but nice to you. Give me a chance perhaps you will like me after all?" Paris asks offering me his arm.

Yeah right like that will ever happen pal. I just have to play along. I have to figure out a way to get out of this now. I know Achilles and Patroclus will both come for Meg and I. That may lead to their downfall as well. Unless I find a way to get us out of this mess. I accept his arm and follow him into another room where apparently the King sits. Oh no they are going to kill me.

"This is her Uncle, the one who risked her life to save my own." the one who I remember to be the priestess says comes to my defense. "I owe her my life uncle."

What?! We were like mortal enimies! Now she is standing up for me? Ok something is seriously fishy here.

"I thank you Lady Diana for saving my niece and welcome you to our home. Paris has told me has and my niece will take you as their charge." The King tells me.

I really don't know what to say to him? I mean he is the King and I can't just blurt out I think your one son is doing this to get back at your older son. Then as if on que Hector walks in with anothe woman on his arm. Well glad to see he moves on so fast. I really wish Achilles were here to get me out of this. This is when I catch Hectors eye and I can see him visably shaken that I am on Paris arm. Great why does something tell me this is going to lead to one big drama?

"Hector, meet Lady Diana. She is the one who risked her life to bring your cousin back to us." The king says pointing to me.

Hector leave the woman that was at his side and comes up to me. He takes my hand and kisses it.

"Thank you for saving my cousin Lady Diana." Hector says as he looks at me then to Paris. "Where is Helen at Paris?"

"She had other things to attend to. After all Cousin and I are now taking Diana here under our wing." Paris tells him knowing Hector is not happy at all.

Patroclus POV

What the hell just happened? One minute everything was fine and the next minute we are fighting in our own camp? Just as the fighting finished one of the other warriors comes and tells Achilles and I that the women of the camp went missing and will probably sold off as slaves. Achilles is furious.

"We will get them back cousin. I promise you that." Achilles tells me as he walks away from me.

They took Meg and Diana? I thought no one would ever be able to do that. I sink down to the ground. I can't believe Meg really isnt here but I believe my cousin. We will get them back, both of them no matter what we have to do or who we have to kill.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

958 22 13
SONG OF ACHILLES SEQUEL NÂș 2 After their adventure with Thetis, Achilles and Patroclus think that nothing is going to bother them anymore. Afterlife...
1.5K 82 28
As Princess and sole heir of the kingdom of Pedasus, Briseis has many duties. One of which she cannot fulfill much to her sorrow. As the Trojan War b...
6K 164 13
Patroclus is the son and only child from a wealthy man, Patroclus was average at about everything his father tried to put him in; He was never strong...
257 3 30
*All Characters are based of off Homer's great work the Illiad You have heard my name before. I am the face that launched a thousand ships. The face...