Not of this Time

By AngelNatari

Diana and Meg are two normal girls visiting Greece on Vacation. What they didn't expect is to be pulled deep... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Book Trailer
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Epilogue
Remember

Chapter 5

6.8K 203 10
By AngelNatari

Diana's POV

As we reach the beach Meg will not let me mysteriously disappearing go. I know I can't tell her the truth she would just freak out trust me I know. I just watch her as she wades into the ocean. I had to think of something and quick. I look over and see the priestess refuses to go into the water. Wow that really doesn't shock me at all. It may melt her after all. I wade in beside Meg and start to do our chores. About half way through I feel something pulling my leg and all the sudden I fall into the water.

"Diana!" I hear Meg yell as I fight against the thing in the water. "Patroclus it's Diana!"

Meg tries to get in to help me but a few of the other girls hold her back. I keep coming to the surface when I can for air as I feel whatever it is pulling me out deeper into the ocean. Finally it drags me under and I can see what it is. One of the other princess, one of the ones I had noticed was talking to the priestess a lot. I didn't want to go out like this. Just as I try to fight her I feel a strong pair of hands pull me up to the surface. I look around and notice we are no where near anyone. I turn around to see who saved me and to my surprise it's Hector. I swear that prince doesn't listen to anyone.

"Diana? are you alright?" Hector asks me in a panicked tone.

"There was a woman she pulled me under and held me there." I try to explain to him as I grip onto his shoulders and he holds me close to him.

Then the cause comes up out of the water. Hector just glares at her as do I.

"Why were you trying to murder her?" Hector asks the woman.

"The priestess said she was evil. Mermaids belong in the water not on land." the woman replies.

Oh for the love of god. Again with the mermaid thing? I am really starting to regret that joke. I look down at the woman and really want to attack her but am too weak from trying to fight her off.

"Get out of here!" Hector yells at the woman.

The woman nods and starts swimming for shore. Hector holds my waist as he begins the swim back. Finally we make it back to the beach. Great now I really owed him for saving my life. He picks me up bridal style as he reaches a part of the water where he can stand. This part of the beach isn't too far from where we were in the beginning. I hold onto Hector for dear life. I don't want to fall into the water again. Then I feel Hector lay me down upon the sand.

"For a mermaid you can't swim very well." Hector tells me with a chuckle.

"Well, it would have helped if I had my fins." I tell him as I look up at him. "You saved me though, thank you."

"It's not everyday a mermaid is in debt to a human." Hector says as he sits down beside me.

"I'm sure they will come looking for me. You need to leave before they find you here." I tell him as I lay there in the sand too tired to move.

"Don't I get a prize for rescuing you?" he asks me as he turns to look at me.

"I thought me getting your cousin to you was enough." I tell him.

"No that is a different matter. Just one wish?" he asks me as he leans on his arm in the sand.

"What could you possibly want from me?" I ask him as I look up into his eyes.

"Just one thing fair one. One simple kiss." he asks of me.

A part of me admits we did kind of see this coming and the other part is still a little shocked as he looks down at me almost as if he were asking permission. I know he saved me and that I owe him but a kiss? What if we got caught and that made things worse? I just barely smile at him as he leans down and the next thing I know his lips are on mine. For a prince he really seems to know how to kiss quite well. His kiss is different though, it soft, sweet and gentle not claiming at all but very simple. Then he pulls away and looks down at me with a small smile on his face.

"Stay safe my mermaid." Hector tells me as he stands up and leaves.

What have I just started? Does he really think I am a mermaid or is this all a game to him? Oh god what if Achilles had caught him kissing me, oh that wouldn't have ended well at all. Just as my thoughts keep going around in my head I hear a familiar voice. I look over and see Meg and Patroclus running my way. Alright Diana whatever happens just stay calm.

"Oh Diana! We are so happy to see you. One of the princess came back and said she tried to save you but you were out too far." Meg tell me as she comes to my side.

"Yeah, and I'm Cleopatra." I tell her sarcastically.

"Hey that was her story, I never said that I believed it at all." Meg says as she slowly helps me up.

"What happened and be honest Diana." Patroclus tells me in his stern voice.

"That so called princess tried to kill me thanks to that stupid priestess." I tell Patroclus as he looks back to the other side of the beach.

"Oh I am going to get that woman!" Meg says with a growl.

"How did you manage to get here then?" Patroclus asks me.

"Someone saved me, I don't know who I didn't see their face. They just laid me here on the sand and left. Probably figured someone would save me." I tell Patroclus as I try to stand but then fall into his arms.

"I'll carry you Diana. Achilles is not going to be happy about this." Patroclus says as he then picks me up bridal style.

"Yeah when is he ever happy when it comes to Diana being hurt?" Meg asks him.

"Come on we'd better hurry I am sure he will want to hear from Diana, the priestess and the princess." Patroclus says as he starts walking with me in his arms and Meg close behind.

Achilles POV

As I am in my tent sharpening my sword I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Then the flap opens and Patroclus comes in holding a soaking wet Diana with Meg close behind them. What in the world happened to her?

"What is the meaning of this?" I ask them as Patroclus lays a now sleeping Diana on the pile of furs I share with her.

"She almost was drowned by one of the princesses out in the ocean. Somehow she was saved and Meg and I found her and brought her back to you." Patroclus answers me.

"Why would she want to do something like this?" I question.

"Because the priestess said so, they all follow her like a moth to a flame." Meg then answers. "I fear for Diana now though, she is strong but this is ridiculous."

"Patroclus bring the priestess and princess here now! I wish to have a word with them." I tell him as I go to Diana's side.

Patroclus nods and leaves the tent as Meg comes over to Diana's side as well.

"Achilles she needs other clothes or she may become sick." Meg tells me as she looks at me with concern in her eyes.

"I have a dress over there in one of those boxes." I tell her.

Meg stands up and quickly goes to find the dress. She doesn't take long as she comes back and puts the light green dress on the bed.

"Do you want me to change her or..." Meg starts not knowing what else to say.

"You may change her. I will wait outside inform me when you are finished." I tell her as I stand and walk outside the tent.

I wait there for either Patroclus to return or Meg to say she has finished getting Diana changed. I can feel the anger and rage boiling inside of me. I am quickly growing tired of the priestess and her games especially when they involve my woman.

"Achilles you can come back in again." I hear Meg say.

I walk back inside and see Diana in the green dress still sleeping with her wet hair draped around her head. I hope she can sleep well tonight after what happened to her. Patroclus then walks in with the priestess and princess in hand.

"There you two are, would you care to explain to me why you Princess tried to kill Diana?" I ask her making sure she can hear the anger in my voice.

"She was simply trying to put the fish back where she belonged." the priestess answered for her.

"So then you admit you had something to do with this?"

"I never said such a thing, I merely stated my opinion." the priestess answers then looks to Meg.

"Close enough to a confession for me." Meg says as she makes her hand into a fist.

"Meg, let him finish." Patroclus tells her.

"Admit that you tried to have her killed and your punishment might be lighter." I tell her as I grab her face and make her look at me.

"I did nothing to that whore, I would gladly pay to see her die." the priestess tells me.

"You'd die first." I tell her as I push her face away from me. "Princess you can either be truthful or else you shall be punished as well."

"The priestess said that she was a mermaid and that mermaids belonged in the ocean and not on the land and she asked me to help get her back under water." the princess admits in fear.

"So you kept her underwater to wait until she turned back into a mermaid?"

"Yes but she never did, someone else saved her." the princess answers.

"Oh really and who would that be?"

"I don't know who he was sir. He ordered me to get away from her. He too was very angry at me as well." the princesses answers as she cowers away from the priestess.

"Interesting, alright princess go back to the others. Priestess pack your things you go to the king now."

"I have nothing here, you refused to clothe me." she answers snidely.

"Good then you are ready to go. Patroclus take her to the King tell him she is a gift." I tell him then turn away from her back to Diana.

"All this over a common whore. Do you wish to claim her Achilles? Marry her? She is a no one!" the priestess yells as Patroclus escorts her out of the tent.

I look to Meg and see that she is mad beyond belief. I can't blame her though. Diana was almost killed and I too wanted to end the priestess right then and there. Still I wondered who saved her? Who would have risked their life for hers?

"Please let me know when she wakes up." Meg asks me.

"I will call for you when she does."

"Thank you." Meg says as she leaves the tent.

I look back down to Diana and can see she is sleeping peacefully for the moment. I sit there and watch her until nightfall when I then lay beside her. I keep her close to me sharing my heat with her and I can feel her heartbeat. That gives me some small comfort to know she is still alive. I can not imagine not having her beside me.

Diana's POV

The next morning I wake up with a warm sensation behind me. I turn around and see Achilles fast asleep behind me with one arm around my waist holding me close to him. I can't help but smile as I look at him. I knew he was protective and a part of me was happy that he was. I lean in and kiss him as his eyes shoot open and he looks at me surprised.

"Your awake." Achilles says with a smile before kissing me again.

I move against him when I notice the feeling of my clothing is different, I look down and notice I am wearing a light green beautiful dress. One that I would almost assume was made for royalty. Where in the world did I get this? I look back up to Achilles for answers.

"I did get it for my mother but it looks much better on you. After what happened your clothes were too wet for you to wear so Meg dressed you in this." Achilles says looking at me in the dress.

"Thank you, it's so beautiful." I tell him as he helps me sit up.

"If you need to rest more then please do so. I have already sent the priestess to the King and the princess back to the women's tent." Achilles tells me as he puts his hand on my cheek.

What? How in the heck am I going to get her away from the King? How am I going to be able to keep my promise to Hector? Well this just created a lot of problems.

"Diana, please rest you need it." Achilles tells me.

"Achilles I am fine, I promise." I tell him as I lean forward and he embraces me.

"I thought you were dead when Patroclus brought you in, I was ready to have that priestess head." Achilles tells me holding me close to him.

"I wish I could have seen it." I tell him as he hugs me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512 19 42
A modernized retelling of the last few books of the Iliad. History's classic war story, which is actually a love story. How deep goes grief run, and...
163K 4.9K 40
Titania has the worst luck of the ancient world. First, her brother steals the Queen of Sparta and leaves her behind to deal with it, and then she's...
81 0 12
Fairy tail world in the context of historical events. PLEASE HIT THE STAR AND VOTE. IT WILL HELP A LOT.
32.5K 857 25
A princess born before her time. A warrior in search of immortality. Both humbled by circumstance. *Structured around the 2004 film's sense of roman...