Ride

By BAManna

Alabama Carson has endured a life filled with pain. Her friends haven't been true friends, her family haven't... More

1: Now or Never
2: Into the Night
3: A New Journey
4: Fiends
5: August
6: Disarming Concerns
7: Dangerous World
8: POV Brody (Shock and Regrets)
9: POV Bradley (Unbelievable Truths)
10: POV Reece (Realization)
11: POV Jackson (Wonderwall)
12: Keep Going
13: True Kindness
14: That Incident
15: POV Brody (Comfort)
16: Failure
17: Heartwrenching
18: Chances
19: POV Reece (Promises)
20: POV Brad (Small Steps)
21: Getting There
22: Happy
23: Stay
24: Together
25: Your Love
26: Unpleasant Introductions
27: We're Okay
28: Finally
29: POV Reece (Catching Up)
30: Too Late
32: Secrets
33: Baby Steps
34: Nothing Compares (End)

31: Oh Baby

464 40 12
By BAManna

Author's Note:

Alright y'all I managed to whip this one up! I'm so sorry for the really late updates but I've been studying a lot and my major IB exam is next week! Good luck with those of you who are reading and is taking the IB as well! Well I hope y'all like this chapter and I'm so sorry if it's short but IB exams are the priority! But I still do love y'all readers, commenters and voters! 

-

The doctor had left me just a second ago when Niclas burst through the door. His eyes met my water filled one, and he rushed over to me. He took my shaking hand in his and wrapped the other on the hand that was on my stomach. I started sobbing again, he must be so disappointed in me, and I felt like such a failure. I couldn’t even take care of an unborn child, how was I supposed to take care of a child that's alive.

“I’m so sorry” I sobbed; Niclas pulled me closer to him and engulfed me in a hug. He pressed a soft kiss to my forehead and told me that everything was going to be okay. I clung onto him like my life depended on it and squeezed his hand so hard that I was pretty sure it would have stopped his blood flow. I looked up to my husband but he didn’t seem to mind, he just smiled sadly down at me and rubbed my back.

“Niclas please don’t be mad. I’m so sorry” I pleaded. I didn’t want him to leave me just because of this incident.

“Allie, it wasn’t your fault, baby it’s going to be okay”  

“I shouldn’t have been yelling, I shouldn’t have been baking, and I shouldn’t have done anything. Oh my God, I should have stayed in bed. I didn’t know. I’m so sorry Niclas, I am so sorry” It was so hard to make the words come out of my mouth right, I was scared of saying the wrong things in case I made things worse.

“Allie-”

“I’m so sorry if you hate me right now,”

“Alabama stop it” Niclas whispered. 

“But I’ll always love you. I understand if you don’t, I just want everything to be okay”

“Allie, it is okay.” He said as he looked into my eyes.

“I didn’t mean too. Oh my God” I let go of Niclas and sobbed into my hands.

“Allie, all that matters is you’re okay and I still love you. I love you so much don’t say that. I will never hate you, you’re my baby”

I was going to say something back but the doctor had returned with a nurse by his side. Niclas stood up straighter, his one hand still holding tight to mine, and used the other to wipe his face before pursing his lips. The doctor extended his hand to Niclas and they quickly introduced themselves to each other, eager to give the news of my condition.

“Dr. Sanders, you must be Alabama’s husband?”

“Hey Doc, yes, Niclas, it’s nice to meet you.” With a firm shake Niclas quickly got on.

“How is she doc?” Niclas must have sensed me panicking, as he held onto my hand tighter, and his thumb started to slowly caress my hand.

“Well, as of right now her condition is stable, but we do need to know what happened”

I had quickly explained what was going on to both the doctor and the nurse. Then Niclas and the doctor both left and went outside to talk about what could have happened to cause this. The nurse took a urine sample from me, but it was so hard to stop shaking as I was so scared and the urine was orange from the blood. And I guess because I didn’t have Niclas here to hold my hand and tell me that everything was going to be okay. After the nurse had left, Niclas and the doctor came back into the room. Niclas took his usual spot by my side, but this time he dragged a chair along. After Niclas settled down the doctor began to ask me a few questions.

"Allie, was there any tissue with the blood?"

“No doctor.”  

"Are you in any pain?" The doctor wrote something down on the clipboard he was holding before he looked at me for my answer.

“No, not as of the moment.”

"Did you lift anything heavy or do anything strenuous?"

“No, but I was baking when this happened. Oh, I had an argument, with my mother” The doctor nodded and wrote more things on his clipboard. Niclas leaned down and gave me a kiss on the forehead and caressed my hair, whispering that everything would be okay. I nodded back at him before focusing on the doctor.  

"Okay Allie, that might be the cause, before this have you experienced any fevers, chills, or vomiting?"

“No, no just the usual morning sickness.”

Finally after a few more nerve-wrecking moments the doctor asked the nurse to take five vials of my blood and to check my stats. The room was cold, Niclas’ face was grim and tired, we both haven’t had lunch and we both still didn’t know the condition of our baby. Finally, the doctor hooked me up to an IV bag. My nurse, whose name was Caroline stated that I would be sent for a sonogram but before that I had to get my bladder to be really full. I didn’t care what I had to do! I just wanted to get out of this cold stuffy room, I just wanted to get out of this condition, I just wanted everything to be okay and I wished that my biological family hadn’t made the stupid decision to visit me. The nurse smiled softly at me as she probably noticed me shivering.

“Hospitals are normally kept cool to cold for sterilization purposes.” I tried to smile back but instead I just nodded and Niclas pulled me in for a hug and I started crying again. The IV fluid is so cold, it was so cold my toes were getting blue and I began to shiver. But I drank in each cup that Niclas handed to me and finally, once my bladder was filled and I could not take another glass, Niclas and the nurse helped me into a wheelchair and sent me to another room for a sonogram. Niclas pushed me through the white clean corridor, my hands gripped onto the seat and I was so nervous. 

We met another nurse in the room and Caroline had left us, Niclas gently carried me onto the bed and held tight onto my hand again. The sonogram tech allowed me to empty my bladder and inquired on the bleeding, which had slowed down a lot compared to when I first got to the hospital. I hadn’t seen Clive anywhere outside so maybe Niclas had told him to go home. The tech then did an internal sonogram. Niclas stayed with me at all times, finally lost his calm and his patience, but he was still very polite and didn’t explode like I knew most people would. He softly asked the tech if the baby was okay. And after a few more shifting and views the tech turned to us with a smile, I sucked in a deep breath but didn’t get my hopes up too much because every time I did, the opposite would happen.

“Your baby is looking fine, but I need to speak to the doctor first in case there might be other problems,” She handed me some tissues and I rubbed the spot on my stomach where the jelly had been and I looked up to Niclas whose been staring at me the entire time.

“Allie, I told you everything’s going to be okay” All I could do was nod my head or else I would start crying again. 

“I didn’t want to lose the baby. I never meant for this to happen, I don’t want to lose my first child, Niclas I don’t want to lose you either” My husband smiled at me with a wide grin before kissing the small traitor tears on my cheeks. He lifted my left hand and showed me my wedding ring, spinning it around my finger.

“Allie, this is a promise, I promise I’ll never leave you. I’ll never leave you no matter what. Til’ death do us part, remember? Through sickness and health… Allie I’ll always be by your side no matter what. You need to stop doubting me, you need to stop doubting us, I love you, I love you, and I love you. We’ll still have that picket fence at home and we’ll still have the children we’ve always wanted and we’ll create a perfect family. But all that just takes time baby, you need to believe that everything is going to be okay in the end babe” I swallowed the lump in my throat and whispered a barely audible ‘okay’ but I knew Niclas had heard it.

The tech came back into the room with Dr. Sanders. He had a warm smile on his face and was flipping through a file before he told the tech to squirt more jelly onto my stomach and spread it around. On the sonogram was a moving picture and the tech finally pointed out where the baby’s head was and where it’s limbs were and finally, the one thing Niclas and I had been waiting for the tech pointed out a flickering heartbeat that nearly broke me. I was so afraid at looking at the screen to see nothing would be there.

“And there is your baby” That did it I started crying. I cried tears of joy and Niclas’ eyes seemed to be watery as well, he enveloped me in a hug and kissed my head. After our teary exchange Dr. Sanders began to explain my health and what possibly happened. I was so relieved, after long hours of emotions, nerves and hopes things were finally looking up.

“Allie, your blood work came back fine and things are looking really good. Your baby has a strong heartbeat and has a good fetal movement as you can see him or her moving around a little. We checked your cervix is closed and that’s a good sign. So after you clean up and have a little consultation you’re free to go home” And with that Dr. Sanders closed up the folder with a grin. Niclas stood up and gave the doctor a firm handshake; thanking him for all the hard work he had helped me with.

“We recommended that you come back in three days and you should stay home and on bed rest for at least a week.”

“Do you know what could have been the cause of this doc?” Niclas asked, as he crossed his arms across his chest.

“Well Allie’s uterus is shedding and, occasionally bleeding will occur to some women during their first three months. It is normal, and do not worry much, your baby is looking really good. But Allie, I must stress to you that you must not put yourself under pressure and/or under a lot of stress. You’re lucky, so make sure this doesn’t happen again okay?” The doctor looked at me and I smiled.

“Sure doc, thank you for everything” The doctor nodded before leaving the room. And Niclas gave me another big hug with a 500 watt grin and with little sniffles I gave him a peck on the lips, I had a feeling that he was relieved as well and I was so glad that everything was finally okay. However, we were interrupted when the tech cleared her throat and gave us a heart warming smile. 

“So, have you guys decided if you want to know the gender of the baby?”  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608K 7.5K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
488K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
323K 8.6K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...