I'll Swim, You Play Your Foot...

By mountainbiker234

Alex Littleton is an outgoing and spontaneous 16 year old boy. He's the captain of the Greene high school boy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
10k!!!!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
concerning last chapter
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 Part 1
Chapter 33 Part 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue

Chapter 24

16.9K 670 245
By mountainbiker234

Landon's POV

"What do you mean he's claiming to be my father? Why is he showing up now?" I asked rubbing my shaking hand on my forehead.

"I don't know. He showed up a little while ago and started arguing with mom. She definitely knows who he is but I don't know if its really your father." Callie said with a sigh. I heard Matty say something to her but I couldn't tell what he said.

"Let me talk to Matty." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Hey man." Matty answered.

"Hey. So what's this guy look like?" I asked wondering if it's some scum mom does drugs with.

"He's a high class looking guy. He's got a suit on and an expensive watch. If he takes that thing off it'll be gone in a second. I could sell that baby for thousands."

"Okay Matty don't get too carried away. Do you guys want me to go there?"

"Yeah I think it would be best. Where are you anyways?"

"I'm out with Alex, Jasper, and Josh."

"Oh shit man, then take your time." Matty said just as a door slammed.

"But what if it's really him?" I said wondering why I wanted to meet this man so badly. If it really is my father, he abandoned me for almost eighteen years. My mom told me he died of a drug overdose. Matty sighed.

"Okay how about you ask them. Do they know what's going on?" He suggested.

"No they don't. I'll let them know and then text you the plan, okay?"

"Okay man. See you." I hung up the phone and looked at the three guys watching me expectantly.

"What was that about?" Alex asked.

"Well, there seems to be a guy at my moms who is claiming to be my father." I said calmly.

"What?! I thought your dad was...uh-" Alex started.

"Dead. Yeah, so did I. Apparently it's this rich looking guy. Do you guys think I should go now or wait a little?" I asked.

"Now!" They all yelled at the same time.

"Okay then." I said and texted Matty that we were on our way. Alex grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out of the mall with Jasper and Josh close behind.

"Alex you can slow down." I said smiling at his excitement.

"No I can't!" He said and I'm pretty sure started going faster.

"It's not a big deal." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes it is." He said opening the door to the car and motioning me in the back seat. I smiled and moved in so he could sit next to me. Jasper and Josh got in as well and soon we were driving to a place I haven't been in a while. That great little hotel room I used to call home.

"Are you excited?" Alex asked practically bouncing next to me.

"Not as excited as you."

"I want to meet this guy." He said with a smile.

"What if he hates gay people?" I looked over to him.

"Steal his stuff and sell it on the black market." Alex suggested with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Don't talk to Matty so much. He's giving you bad ideas." I said shaking my head.

"Nah." Alex said and we rode in silence after that. It didn't take long before we pulled into the parking lot of the motel.

"Ready?" Jasper asked looking at me through the rearview mirror. I looked over to the black Mercedes Benz we parked next to and nodded.

"Is it okay if we come in too?" Josh asked. I nodded.

"There won't be a lot of space but it should be fine." I mumbled suddenly thinking this was a bad idea. He obviously left for a reason. Maybe he didn't want me. I was probably a mistake. He could just have to get meeting me off his chest and abandon me again. But I sucked it up and walked up the stairs. Alex was holding onto my hand tightly and I was pretty sure he could feel me shaking.

"You're going to be fine." Alex said when we got to the front door. It was slightly open and I could hear voices coming from inside. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open all the way. Everyone stopped talking and turned to look at us. Matty and Callie were standing with their backs to us and across from them was my mom and a guy in a suit.

He had long brown hair that matched mine that was gelled in a fancy way. He hadn't looked up yet so I didn't see his face, but when he did I could feel the surprise form on my face. I looked exactly like this guy. Almost spitting image. He was just cleaner looking and more put together. He smiled causing dimples to appear on his cheeks.

"You must be Landon." He said taking his hands out of his pockets and walking towards me. He stuck his hand out for me to shake. I looked at it and noticed the watch Matty was talking about. I took his hand and shook it. He had a strong grip, but soft hands. Pussy, definitely not from the south side.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked with a friendly smile. I stayed with a stoic expression.

"I've been told you're my father." I answered in a flat voice.

"That is correct." He said quietly.

"But that's impossible." I said taking my hand back. "My father died of a drug overdose when I was little."

He shook his head and looked almost sad. "That couldn't be true because I'm right here."

"If you're my father why did you leave me?" I asked getting angry now. He kept a professional look even though I could tell I struck a nerve.

"I had no choice." He said in a quiet voice.

"What do you mean you had no choice?" I asked raising my voice. I felt Alex's hand slip into mine and squeeze tightly.

"Your mother had gotten into drugs when you were very young. With my job, I couldn't have someone like her. So I had to leave." He said spinning the watch on his wrist with his hand.

"Why?" I asked.

"There are high expectations for a well known lawyer. I needed to stay professional."

"Then why did you leave your very young son with her?! You left your kind with a drug addict! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I had to." He said trying to sound strong. I could see the quiver in his jaw. He was nervous and possibly sad.

"Yeah right. Whatever, why do you want to try and come back in my life now?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"My son is in your school. He's a freshman. I had him looking out for you and he somehow found out that you were kicked out of your house."

"What's his name?" I asked a little curious who this kid could be.

"Sammy Price." I thought about it for a minute and turned to look down at Alex. His face was red and he was looking down.

"Your friend Sammy, his last name Price?" I asked. He nodded. "You're friends with my brother." He nodded again.

"You didn't know, right?" I said slowly. He shook his head quickly.

"Of course not! I would have told you if I knew." Alex reassured. I turned back to Mr. Price because I wasn't going to just start calling him my dad right away. If he really even is my dad.

"So you had Sammy spying on me." I said glaring at the guy.

"Not spying, more of just looking after you. I told him if you ever looked distraught or heard any problems with you to tell me. I wanted you to be safe."

"Bullshit."

"No. How do you want me to prove it to you? I'm willing to do a DNA test." I just stared at him for a minute. Then I looked over to my mother. She looked uncomfortable in her own skin. Her arms were crossed and she was looking away. When she looked up my eyebrows raised. She looked sober. I was shocked.

"Mom, is this my father?" I asked. She was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Mom?" I asked again. She took a shuddering breath and nodded. I was quiet for a minute.

"DNA test it is." I said in a finalizing voice.

"Deal." He said and stuck his hand out for me to shake. I stood there for a minute just staring at him. I clenched my jaw and tried to make an intimidating face. I could tell it was freaking him the fuck out from his facial expression.

"I have one more question for you." I said slowly in a low voice.

"Anything." He said.

"Where do you stand with gay people?"

"I have two gay sons and I couldn't love them more." Was his answer.

"Who's your other son?" I asked.

"You. Yes, I know that Alex is your boyfriend." I internally sighed and looked down.

"Ok. Call me when you schedule the DNA test." I said in a quiet voice. "Do you have anything else to say to me?" He paused for a minute and then shook his head.

"Ok. Well I think we're done here." I said taking Alex's hand. He nodded and reached out to shake my hand again.

"It was nice meeting you Landon." He said with a careful smile.

"You too." I said and turned to leave.

"Bye Landon." A quiet voice said. I turned around to see my mother looking at me hopefully.

"Bye mom." I said quickly and opened the door to leave. I walked out with Alex, Jasper, Josh, Matty, and Callie.

"What now Landon?" Callie asked from the back of the path.

"I don't know Callie." I said quietly.

"Let's take a walk." Alex said squeezing my hand. I stopped in the parking lot and pulled him into my arms.

"Can we just go to your house?" I whispered. "Baby I just want to hold you." I felt him shudder slightly in my arms and then nod.

"We can do that." He said. I nodded and kissed the side of his neck before facing the others.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked looking towards Matty and Callie.

"I think we'll stay here." Callie said swinging hers and Matty's hands.

"Ok. We're going back to Alex's." I said. We said our goodbyes and walked to the car. When we got in I grabbed Alex and pulled him into my lap. He made a small noise of surprise but didn't protest. Josh closed our door when he walked by to get in the passenger seat. I buried my face in Alex's neck and took a deep breath of his cologne. It smelt so good and reminded me of familiarity. We rode in silence for most of the ride back. I kept breathing in the cologne, trying to calm myself down, but it wasn't working. I squeezed my eyes shut but it wasn't working. I could feel it coming. Just as we pulled into the driveway the first tear fell. I sniffled and Alex's head spun around. His eyes widened when he saw my face and as soon as the car stopped he pushed open the door and pulled me to his house. He dragged me quickly up the walkway and opened the front door. He knows how little I cry and how much I never wanted anyone (except for him) to see me do it. Although at the moment I didn't care who saw me. I just wanted to cry. No one did see me because Alex pulled me up the stairs and into his room so fast. He turned the lights on and looked around nervously. He looked like he didn't know what to do. I sat on the edge of his bed sniffling and crying like a fucking baby. I opened my arms and looked at him. He let out a breath and hurried over to me. He situated himself on my lap and then I buried my face in his shoulder. He wrapped his arms and legs tight around me and put his head in the crook of my neck. We stayed like that for a while. My crying got down to a sniffle and when I tried to move, Alex squeezed me tighter. I realized he was sleeping and did it in his sleep. I moved my head so I could kiss his cheek and slowly got myself into a laying down position. I reached over to turn off the light and grabbed one of the warm blankets to throw over us. Alex smiled in his sleep and snuggled up to my chest.

"I love you Alex." I whispered quietly before falling into a dreamless sleep.

A/N
Hi guys...please don't kill me for taking so long! This is like the first down moment I've had since school started. I don't get home from school until 5:30 and then have so much homework. Who knew sophomore year would be so time consuming. Anyways, please don't kill me. I'll try to write more frequently since cross country is almost over (just as track starts though...)

I hope you guys liked the chapter :D until next time!! ☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 122K 60
*C O M P L E T E D* "This isn't like that stupid book, Oliver." "What do you mean by that?" "I mean this isn't a love story." - - - - Oliver Green is...
10.1K 686 27
A Slice of Life Meet Malik. He is a timid and shy orphan that bounced through life without much luck. He has had multiple homes, bullied throughout s...
6K 273 8
Quinn Evans is a high school cheerleader. He's 17 years old and openly gay. Has been on the cheer squad since freshman year and he's now in his seni...
28.5K 1.4K 36
[boyxboy] Cameron Patterson and Aaron Williams have hated each other for as long as either of them can remember. Because they play positions that cou...