Journey of the Heart (Camila...

By BefallenChains

You are Alexandra McKenzie. The sole heir to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. You're the typical privileged... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter 8
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's Note *Not an update*
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Nine

2.7K 121 52
By BefallenChains

A/N: SO! Here's an update. I am working on the prologues for the Dinah story line and the hacker story line. If you have any idea for some good titles let me know! Please ! Like really. lol.

Anyways. Won't keep you long.

Like always, vote, comment, follow. Whatever floats your boat.

OH! Don't forget to vote for Fifth Harmony for the VMA. #worthitVMA !!!!!

Camila's POV:

Alex had just dropped me off at the hotel room. She told me she had something she had to deal with first before she came to the hotel room. I didn't know what she could be doing at ten at night but I knew not to push it.

So I entered the room alone, expecting the girls just to be passed out from tiredness or something since they decided to ditch us for dinner, but I was met with the complete opposite. They were all in their pajamas watching the twilight series. They were already on the third movie.

"What's going on?" I questioned when I walked closer to the living room.

"Shhh, it's getting to the good part," Dinah waved me away.

I shook my head and watched as Victoria was turning Riley in a dark alley. After the scene, I decided to return to the matter at hand. I grabbed the remote from Ally's clutches and paused the movie. The rest of the girls groaned and whined stating that they were still watching the movie. I just rolled my eyes and repeated the same question. Everybody seemed to turn their eyes towards Lauren in a not so subtle way.

"Lauren."

"Fine," she sighed and sat up straight. "I planned us to ditch you guys."

"Why?"

"So it would be more like a date for you."

"What?"

"Oh don't act shy with us, Mila. We knew you liked her in the beginning," Normani piped up.

"No, you mean, we knew," Ally pointed to her and Lauren. "We just filled you two in this afternoon."

"Exactly," Lauren joined.

We were completely getting off topic now.

"Guys, what are you saying?" I tried to get us back on the same page.

"We're saying it's Operation: GYG. Get your girl," Dinah exclaimed. The others nodded in agreement.

"How do you even know she would like me? She does have Harry Styles on her arm," I pointed out sadly.

"One. We know. Two. Harry has got nothing on the girls of Fifth Harmony," Normani replied back while flipping her hair into Ally's face, earning a glare from the older girl. "Sorry."

I contemplated over their little scheme and I knew, even if I said no to it, they would still plan behind my back. It was better to just agree and hope for the best with those four. And the best was going to be me and Alex getting together.

Hopefully.

So we all returned back to the movie and I sat beside Lauren and cuddled beside her, relishing in the warmth that her body provided me. I looked up and smiled at the older girl, thankful to have her on my side.

"Thank you," I whispered so I didn't bother the other girls. She looked down at me with a confused expression. "Thank you for always being there for me even when I didn't want it."

She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Always."

We returned back to the movie and laughed when Dinah and Normani got into a fight over who was hotter. It was good to have my girls with me.

[...]

Your POV:

I walked hesitantly towards the boys room and was beyond nervous on what I was going to tell Harry. I knew I should have said not to going on a date with him. His feelings were getting too deep and too much for me since at the moment since I was battling my own feelings.

*knock *knock

The door swung open and revealed a very tired and groggy Louis who was no so pleased to see me at the moment. I most likely woke him up.

"Do you know what time it is?" he exclaimed in his raspy tired voice.

"Not really, actually. I just need to talk to Harry. Sorry."

"Don't you have a key to the room, as usual?"

"Not since the prank. Liam took away my key card privilege until you guys prank me back," I chucked.

"Right, it's too early to have a full on conversation with you right now. Just come on in," he walked away from the door and right back into his own personal room.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself once again.

"Alex?"

I looked up and saw another groggy and tired One Direction member. One that was actually happy to see me.

But not for long.

"Harry."

"Hey, I thought I heard your voice," he sheepishly smiled at me and walked over giving me a nice welcoming hug. "What are you doing here? Everything okay?"

"We need to talk." Crap. Why did I start off with that? Something bad and heartbreaking always follows those damn words. I mean, I was going to say heartbreaking things but now, it was just obvious.

"I mean, it's not as bad as you think. I mean, it's not bad. I hope," I stumbled over the sentence.

"Uhm, yeah. Let's talk at the balcony," he led us over to the balcony and closed the door behind him. He leaned up against the railing and looked towards me. Worry on his face. "All right. What did you want to talk about?

I looked up at him and knew I couldn't face that angelic and kind face. I looked down to the ground and took a big breath.

"So, uhm, I don't-, I don't know how to say this," I stumbled and grew frustrated that I didn't know how to say this. I started to pace around, continuing to avoid his gaze. "I need, no, I want, no you deserve," I groaned.

Harry walked over and gripped my shoulder, nudging my chin to make me look up at him. A charming smile placed on his face to comfort me.

"Just tell me."

My eyes shifted as I stared up into his eyes. Worry was there but also kindness and understanding.

"I can't do this," I sighed, once again looking to the floor and walking away from his comfort. I didn't deserve it. "I want to, so badly. I want to fall in love with you. I want my stomach to flutter whenever I see you. I want to have that glint in my eyes when you walk into my sight. I want to have that smile that makes my cheeks hurt because I just can't stop whenever I think of you. I want to so badly to be in love with you but I just can't. Not like-"

"Not like you were with Tyler," Harry finally realized.

"No, not like I was with Tyler," I finally let it out. "Harry, you're an amazing person, an amazing friend, and I would't want anything more than to be with you. God knows how much I have prayed to wake up one day and just want to be with you. But my heart belongs to someone else," I stated sadly, tears now threatening to escape.

Harry's eyes no longer bore into mine. He simply stared down to the ground while he soaked in everything I had just told him. Silence soon fell between us as the tension continued to build.

"You know," he finally spoke up. "The moment I first laid my eyes on you, I felt all those things. I felt my stomach flutter. My cheeks hurt so bad. My eyes glistened in pure admiration simply because they could gaze at your beauty. I felt all that and more," he sadly admitted.

"Harry-"

"I knew, though, that I could never have you. That you would never be mine because I saw those same things from you whenever you were with Tyler. When I would see you at charity events, you never searched for me. When we were at the same red carpet events, your eyes were never focused on me. They were always for him."

He sadly looked up from the floor and his eyes were filled with sadness and confirmation. The tears were now flowing down my cheeks due to the pain I have caused him. I was hurting my best friend and it was killing me.

"It sucked to say, but I couldn't stop myself. This tour, this time, I saw this as an opportunity to win you over. To win your heart. To finally be with you after all those years," he sadly laughed. "I thought it would finally be my time to show you just how much I love you."

"Harry," I spoke up. I didn't want to hear anymore. I didn't want to see and hear the hurt anymore.

"No, please, let me finish," he begged. I nodded and he walked closer to me as he wiped away the tears off of my cheeks. He now stared back into my eyes as he continued to pour his heart out.

"I was right. This was an opportunity to show you just how much I love you, even if it doesn't mean we get to be together the way I wanted. You, now, will at least know how much I have loved you and most likely will still love you. It may not be the way I wanted but it is the way it is."

"Maybe in time," I hoped but he was already denying it.

"I don't think so. In time, maybe this love I have for you will turn into pure friendship. A great friendship. But nothing more because, like you said, your heart belongs to another. It belongs to that person that makes your heart beat ten times faster. It belongs to that person who has you smiling every hour, every minute, every second, every moment. It belongs to that person that takes your breath away by their beauty, by their elegance, by their personality. It belongs to the person you are destined to be with."

"That's kind of hard," I sadly realized that I may forever be alone since the person I was destined to be with was no longer on this earth.

"Only if you make it hard," he replied with a smile. I gave him a confusing expression which caused him to chuckle. "That glint you had, isn't the same glint you have now. It's not the glint that Tyler used to give you."

"What-"

"Camila, Alex. Camila is the one that is giving you that glint of happiness. Of love. That flutter in your stomach. That unbreakable smile," Harry just laid it all out there and I had no idea how to reply. "I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't open your eyes."

He pulled me into a comforting hug and I sighed in relief knowing that I would still have him in my life. I couldn't imagine a life without him. I already lost one important person in my life. I couldn't lose another.

Now. That thing about Camila.

[...]

After Harry and I talked for a few more hours, I left to give him some sleep and to get some of my own. I felt a little bit better knowing that everything was out in the air. Well, sort of everything. My relationship with Harry was. My relations with Camila. That's a at was a work in progress.

Gosh. What was I going to do? This was all new to me.

I bumped into someone while turning the concern and nearly fell but they were able to wrap their arm around my waist to keep me from falling. I opened my eyes and met those that have watched over me while I grew up.

"Alex-"

"I should get going. It's getting late," I stated before releasing myself from Charlie's grasp and turning to run away.

"Please, Alex," he desperately begged. His voice filled with regret and guilt. "I'll explain everything to you. I promise.

I turned and saw how broken up he was so I slowly caved in. If he was finally going to tell me the truth, then there was no reason for me to be mad at him anymore. And to tell you the truth. I missed him terribly.

Once we entered his suite, I walked straight to the couch and sat down expectantly. Even though I was ready to forgive him. I wasn't ready to talk to him. Open up to him like I used to. I was too stubborn for that.

"Alex, the truth isn't something you want to know," he sighed out. I rolled my eyes and stood up, ready to leave if he didn't start talking the truth. "Fine. Please, just don't leave.." I sat down and crossed my arms. I meant business.

"Tell me right now, or I am leaving," I threatened.

"Okay," he let out. "Your condition wasn't look too good. The accident really damaged your heart. Doctors tried everything to stabilize your condition but nothing was working. They reported that you were just on borrowed time."

I could tell that revealing the truth was taking more of a toll on Charlie than it was for him. He lived through it all while I was stuck in limbo.

"Your parents and I were looking for any type of solution, desperately bringing in various specialty doctors for your condition. We weren't going to let you go that easily. By the time your parents brought in a heart doctor, you were in critical condition yet again. You had 30 percent chance of surviving if you didn't-, if you didn't"

"If I didn't what? Charlie, if I didn't want?"

Charlie sighed, "If you didn't receive a compatible heart before your next surgery."

A new heart? This wasn't my heart?

I subconsciously touched my chest where my heart would. Where someone else's heart would be. The beat wasn't my own heart beating. It wasn't someone else's heart beat.

It was someone else's heart.

"Alex-"

"So I didn't just kill Tyler," I dryly chuckled to myself once everything started to hit me. "I took someone's heart as well. I killed someone else."

"You didn't kill someone else and you didn't kill Tyler, Alex. How many time do I have to remind you that? How many times does everyone have to remind you that?"

"Until I believe! Until I stop having nightmares of that goddamn night. If I'm not thinking about Tyler or Sofi, I'm reliving that night over and over again," I began to pull back the walls and the sobs were not stopping tonight. "Always a different beginning but the same outcome. Him, lying on the road, unconscious, while he bleeds to death. Or, how about the nightmare where he flings himself in front of me right before impact of the truck. The face of that night still haunts me. I killed him and there is nothing anyone can tell me otherwise."

"Alex," Charlie cried with me, seeing just how broken up I was about Tyler's death. "Then I will continue to remind you until you believe it." He pulled me into a warming hug and rubbed my back until I soon passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
171K 6K 34
First, you're 18 and in love. You're at the peak of your youth and everything you've ever dreamed of is possible. Then, you're as good as homeless...
190K 5.3K 53
"He will protect her life. She will protect his heart." You were perfectly happy with your life. So what if you beat up people? So what if you were t...
37.1K 1.9K 54
Your heart was empty, it has been for 15 years and you kept coming back to that same old place you were told to stay. You knew that nobody will come...