Ethereal Cosmo Online

By blessedPure

"Year 20XX, is a year where the lives of the people revolves around Technology. This year, the first VRMMORPG... More

Ethereal Cosmos Online
Prologue
GAME 1: Her Beginning
GAME 3: Her First Quest

GAME 2: His Beginning

91 5 1
By blessedPure

Game 2: His Beginning

"Tonight's hottest news is the big and most awaited launching of the first ever produced Ethereal Cosmos online tomorrow evening. According to the interview of the Ethereal Company CEO, only 5000 people can obtain this game that is why many people is running wildly and almost going insane just to obtain this game. Here is the interview video clip of the Ethereal Company CEO interview."

--- Video clip ---

"So CEO President Walier Nightray, is it really true that only 5000 people can get a hold of this game?"

"Yes."

"Why did you set a limit of products produce? Is there perhaps a problem in financing it?"

"There is no problem when it comes to money."

"Would you like to state the reason?"

"I just want to let those lucky people get lucky, that's all." (Laughing)

--- End of video clip ---

"The company was bombard with criticism in the SNS and other websites because of the Ethereal Company's reason for the limit. A lot of people are really frustrated in them-"

I pressed the off button in the remote and the television turned off. I look outside the big window beside my bed. The sun is setting out soon. *sigh* another day will be passing again and here I am, still bedridden.

My room is actually large and I have been spending here for almost 3 years. I already grasped everything inside this room. In front of my bed, about 11 inches long lay the big flat screen television. 4 inches long beside my bed is the big sofa. When you look above, you can see a big chandelier at the center. Everything here is luxury. Yes, I am rich but I can't even enjoy anything about it.

*knock knock*

"Come in." I said in a soft voice and a 40 year old man went inside my room. I welcomed him with a smile and so as he.

"Ether! How are you doing lately?" he walked near me and sat in the chair beside my bed.

"Yeah. I am okay dad. You don't have to worry."

"Ok ok. I believe in you. By the way, I brought it with me!" My eye suddenly lit up.

"Where? Where is it?" I keep looking beside him hoping to see something he brought but there is nothing. "You are joking me, dad" I complained at him.

"What? You don't believe in your father? I am a bit upset at you, son." He suddenly changed to being sadden.

"Don't show me a face like that and give it to me now, dad."

"Fine fine! I give up! The prince will get his request immediately." He sounded jokingly but then he picked his cp inside his pocket and called one of our servants to bring it inside.

I can't help my heart to throb. This is a feeling of excitement. I saw the servant walk nearer to us and I saw him carrying a plain black box. The servant hands over the box to my father and he stepped out of the room.

"Here." I hurriedly stole the box and looked at it.

"Dad, this box is really plain..." I whine. "You should have created something more artistic that can make it stand out more."

"What's the use of standing out when it is limited? Whether this stand out or not it will immediately be sold out, you know" I chuckled at his response.

"Well, you have a point. I guess it is already sold out huh. I saw in the news earlier that only 5000 people can get a hold of this. I saw you in the interview and your reason really sucks!" I laughed at him.

"Whatever son, I can't tell the public the real reason. Now then, let me say this to you. That gear of yours is quite special. Uncle Zaho specifically made this just for you."

"Really?! This gear of mine should be really amazing. What did he put in here?" when I look at dad, I became confused because of his expression.

"Actually, I don't know." He said with a lonely voice. "You know, He passed away after he finished completing the game. He just left a letter for me. That bastard left me with a lot of things to take care of. Especially those last messages that made me worried." He sighed. I'm really sad too. Uncle Zaho is my dad's best friend and this game has always been their dream when they were young. Finally they achieved creating the game and yet he died. Uncle Zaho is really kind to me that sometimes he will come visit me more than dad and talk a lot of fantasy and adventure stories. I really liked it. But I won't show my sadness in front of dad because he will just be more worried.

"What messages?"

"Well, you see. The company can't control and even edit the game. We don't know anything about it because Zaho is the one who is in charge of it and I am in charge in marketing. I don't have too much knowledge like he does. After investigating the game, we can only open privacy game videos of the game. We can't alter anything. The game will move as something that has its own will. It really is troublesome and the message he left made me very worried. He said that there is more than something you least expected in this game. This is a game of luck and tragedies."

The words my father conveyed made me shivered a little. This is scary but I shrugged out my thoughts. No, Uncle Zaho would never create something so evil. He always told happy stories.

"Dad, don't worry too much. He must have also said that" I coughed and said "Luck and a tragedy contradicts each other but it lead to balance and happiness, so don't worry too much, my buddy. GoodLuck" I tried mimicking Uncle Zaho's voice "Am I wrong?"

My dad stared at me and so do I then we both laughed out loud.

The sounds of our laughter stop when his phone rings. He picked it up and I already know what it is. He needs to leave now. I am so upset inside but I didn't show it.

"Ether..."

"It's okay dad, you should go." I smiled at him encouraging him that I am really fine. He also smiled at me.

"Then see you again next time. Tomorrow is the launching but don't stay too late in the game and look after your body."

"I know, I know. Just go!" He left the room. The room is filled with silence again.

I open the black box. The first thing I saw is the letter in which it is put at the center. I picked it up and look at the back of the letter. The words written were 'To Ether Savier Nightray'

I read the inside of the letter.

Dear Ether,

You know I don't like to write things like this. It is not my style at all so I will just say a few words. I know you suffered so much at a young age but don't worry you are still a handsome grown up kid. I know that you enjoyed my stories, well because they are really wonderfully made up by a genius like me.. Hohoh.

I chuckle while reading the letter. Uncle Zaho is still a funny guy.

I already know that I can't stay longer so as a replacement of my wonderful stories I specially made this just for you. There are a lot of interesting things that will happen inside the game. You don't need to listen anymore because you will get to experience it in your own. What I had made just for you in this game is a secret. Sort it out on your own kid. I know you're smart. I guess that's all. Enjoy to your heart's content.

P.S meet a lot of hot girls in the game but don't be a playboy.

A Genius Man,

UNCLE ZAHO

I can't help my eyes to shed tears. This is embarrassing but no one is here anyway. Geez, Uncle Zaho, you're the same way as always. I look at the contents of the box and scan everything. This is just so amazing. I want to play now! Unfortunately, I still need to wait until tomorrow evening.

To kill time, I read the manual. I skip through the contents about the Ethereal Cosmos Online etc... I stop in the information part.

Starting Kingdom

It is in best interest to pick your own starting point and to know what kind of kingdom you choose. The one you will select will also be your safe zone for the mean time.

• Janus Kingdom

The kingdom headed by King Janus. King Janus is known as a king who has two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past. He oversees the beginning and ending of conflict, in other words, the war and peace. Other kingdom is afraid to conquer the Janus kingdom. They are afraid of the extreme intelligence of the two face king that is why over the reign of King Janus, the kingdom remain the most peaceful kingdom in the entire Cosmo Continent. The kingdom is divided by two which is the Moris Castle and the Garniette Castle.

*The best starting point for close combat profession.

• Maia Kingdom

The kingdom headed by King Maius. Of all the Three Kingdoms, Maia is the most rich in terms of merchandise and economics. It is the best place for good quality items because a lot of merchants from different places trade here. Also, one of the reasons is because King Maius likes material things. In terms of combat and security capability of the kingdom then it is way too low. The kingdom is divided by two which is the Auroraborg Castle and the Kogan Castle.

*The best starting point for auxiliary and mercantile profession.

• Juno Kingdom.

The kingdom headed by Queen Regina. This kingdom has a strong alliance with Janus Kingdom hence in terms of kingdom strength; it is not that inferior from Janus Kingdom. However this kingdom is famous for its magic power. The kingdom has the best defense of all the three because of its magical barrier. The kingdom is divided by two which is the Peraliz Castle and the Ovalion Castle.

*The best starting point for magic profession.

I continue to read other stuff and it is much the same as MMORPG game rules, infos and instructions. But the things that made me so curious were the profession. No information is written in the guide manual. It said that to know about the professions you must gather information about it inside the game, really mysterious.

Actually, no info about profession is a pain in the ass. Pk's is unavoidable inside. After all, no game has no pk's (Player Killing). The worst thing is you will lose a level when you die and will eventually revive at the resurrection point. *sigh* I put aside the manual and look outside the horizon.

I am not good in facing people. I am here for as long as I can remember so I don't socialize much. The people I knew where my dad, Uncle Zaho, my cousins and the servants in the mansion. I am already 16 years old and I am a bedridden. It is not that I can't walk; it's just that I am too weak to stand or perhaps walk long enough. They said that I was caught up in an accident 3 years ago in which after I woke up I lost all of my memories. After all of that, my body and my mental state are weaker than the average person. I can't stand nor walk long enough and I seldom collapsed if I accumulated too much stress. It took me this long to become who I am today. At least I am not like those dreadful days. I was like an insane person that time... let's not think about it. It's stressful.

After I took my dinner inside my room, I took a half bath and immediately slept.

"Savier! Savier!" I saw a man come running to a kid about 12 years old. That kid was wrapped up by a hugged of a woman. I can't seem to see the faces of them clearly. Everything is blurry. The kid and the woman were surrounded by flowing blood of red. Then suddenly my vision changed. It changes to a figure of another man holding a gun in his hands. The gun was pointing at me and all I can do is to tremble in fear. I want to run but my legs can't move so I wanted to shout out loud but no voice is coming out from my mouth. Then a BANG was let out together with a scream!

"Ah!" I nervously look at my surroundings and I sigh out of relief. It was just a dream. I am sweating so much right now and even the feeling I had inside the dream still remains. The door suddenly opens with a creak sound.

"The hell?" I cried out in surprised. It was just Butler Geo.

"Young master, Are you okay?" He asked in a worried voice and face.

"I just had a nightmare and I guess the feeling still lingers." I honestly said. Butler Geo is like a family to me. He was always there the moment my memories started. He is already an old man and he said he was always taking care of me since I was just a toddler.

"Young master, do you want to go out after breakfast? You need to go out to relax outside once in a while."

"You're right. Please prepare everything I needed." I commanded him and he answered 'Yes, Young master.'

Right now, I am already inside our black Montero Car. I watched the places outside the window. All I can do is just watch inside this car. It's not like I am prohibited to go out outside this car. It's just that I banned myself to go out because I am afraid of strangers especially men. I really don't know why. It's just like it is already like that as soon as I can remember.

We stopped by our company and I can see a lot of people lining just to buy the game. I chuckled a bit because I can see different expression from them but most of it is irritations and displeasure of waiting to buy the game.

"Butler Geo, I thought the game was already sold out?" I curiously asked.

"Not yet, Young master. The company hasn't released the other 1000 pieces of the game until today."

"So, that was it. Butler Geo, I want to call Dad right now." He nodded and he gave the phone to me. It ring and ring and finally someone pick it up.

"Ether!" Dad answered in a tired voice.

"Dad, busy?-" I pause a little and change my question. "Actually, I wanted to have a dinner with you tonight. Are you free?"

"Oh, it's rare for you to invite me son." He chuckled and I heard him say to her secretary to cancel his appointment tonight. "I'm free now."

"Okay, I will wait for you. I am outside the company right now."

We had dinner and it was fun because I spent time with dad. Dad is always busy so he seldom has time with me but, of course, I understand.

It was already 6:45 when I went back home. I was really excited so I hurriedly went to my room. At my room, Butler Geo helped me set up the gear.

"Young master, your father said that you must sleep before 11pm."

"Okay."

"Well then, have a good game young master." Butler Geo bowed a little and exited my room.

I picked the blue gear beside me and look at its emblem at the forehead of the helmet. The word ECO was surrounded by two rings that intersect each other. The other ring has the color of black while the other has red.

What awaits me inside? Will I have friends? Will I learn something? Most importantly, I can move and freely go to adventure, right? That's right; I want to be strong inside the game. I want to be the exact opposite of who I am right now. Ether Savier Nightray will become strong!

It's time!

I wear the Cosmo Gear and said:

"Game Start!"

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

'WELCOME TO ETHEREAL COSMOS ONLINE'

---------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yo! Here is game 2. Once again, if  you like it please vote and comment. Lastly, I will upload the next chapter if at least I saw two comments about this. Anything is fine but please be nice. Thanks! ^__^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 3.6K 90
Y/N, a once valiant warrior, is losing himself to a malevolent curse, and Jingliu is unwavering in her determination to save him. As they grapple wit...
11.1K 249 20
It's my first time writing an Story so please bear with me. Anyways...... Story: Future Caelus, lost everyone. His friends, family and Comrades...
563K 13.9K 43
Psycho brothers and a little angel sister sounds not so good together right? so what happens when an sweet angel comes live with her lovesick pyscho...
22.8K 975 27
"You're bleeding and upset. What happened?" "Nothing is wrong. Go away, Jace." She answered. "Bullshit, what's wrong? Did someone do something to yo...