just don't die out there, oka...

By yannamoose

the story of huntingbird (hunter and bobbi) before season 2 of agents of s.h.i.e.l.d More

chapter 1 s.h.i.e.l.d office
chapter 2 s.h.i.e.l.d cafeteria
chapter 3 a little incident
chapter 4 back to work
chapter 5 the date and all that jazz
chapter 6 another day at work ugh
chapter 7 pool date
chapter 8 the weekend
chapter 9 isabelle hartley
chapter 10 budget dining
chapter 11 take 2
chapter 12 rebecca bond
chapter 13 back to high school
chapter 14 sleeping over
chapter 15 op time
chapter 16 dancing is not my forte
chapter 17 dancing is not my forte pt. 2
chapter 18 holding on
chapter 19 music on spotify
chapter 21 nightmares during the day
chapter 22 xavier morse
chapter 23 it's been a week
chapter 24 BOBBI IN A YEAR
chapter 25 HUNTER IN A YEAR
chapter 26 the s.a.s and the beer
chapter 27 missing or gone?
chapter 28 the hawkeye and the mockingbird
chapter 29 a violent alcoholic
chapter 30 missing you, too much
chapter 31 roman holiday
chapter 32 inferential
chapter 33 from the biggest of monuments...

chapter 20 beer's a thing

106 1 0
By yannamoose

A/N- aww hunter and his beer <3

second bottle,

and still going strong.

i never knew that i could hold my alcohol so well.

maybe it's from my dad.

i decide to put the rest of the dozen on the coffee table.

"that's a little ambitious, don't ya reckon?" bobbi asks, raising an eyebrow. she, too, looks kind of drowsy.

"your meds are kickin' in now darl, go take a nap." i say.

"i'll sleep here, when i do." she says, taking another gulp of her citrus drink.

"so what's up with my usually non-alcoholic boyfriend?" she continues.

"nothing. just a stupid phone call." i say, trying not to mention the s.a.s.

then her eyes gaze up to me saying,

'i'm holding you to your word, let's hope it's just a stupid phone call.'

before leaning her chin back down on to her hand.

her eyes start to lazily flutter, and not long after, she's sleeping peacefully.

and i decide to call agent coulson back.

as i dial the number, i hope i'm going to regret making this phone call.

*ring ring*

oh how i hope he doesn't pick up.

*ring ring-beep*

then agent coulson's voice comes through,

"this is phil coulson, leave a message after the beep."

*beep*

then i start to talk,

"hey agent coulson, just when you're free, can you call me back about the s.a.s position? thanks." i say.

and i hang up.

i'm going to wound up crazy if i don't talk to someone so i go through my list of 3 contacts,

antoine 'hipster' triplett

bobbi morse ❤️

izzy hartley

get ready for another terrible hunter-made decision.

i tap on 'izzy hartley' and press the call button.

*ring ring*

"hi, hunter?" izzy asks, kind of confused.

or maybe she was expecting bobbi.

"bob's just had her meds, she's sleeping right now. would you like to go for a coffee or something?" i ask.

"are you hitting on me?" she asks.

"no, but you have a tendency to ask that." i answer.

"are you cheating on bobbi?" she asks.

"no." i answer.

"SO, bobs told me there's a guy in level 2. was it idaho?" i tease her.

"don't you fucking dare lance hunter." she says putting her virtual knife on my throat.

"i DO have access to all the s.h.i.e.l.d contacts." i continue.

"okay, if i grab a coffee with you. you'll shut up about idaho, 'kay?" she tries to strike a deal.

"sure thing. starbucks, the one near our facility." i suggest.

"you're on." she says before hanging up.

as i put my phone back into my back pocket, i head to my computer, searching for idaho's contact. and as i look through, i find his mobile, and call it.

*ring ring*

"idaho speaking." i hear a voice on the other end say.

"agent idaho, this is hunter." i answer.

"oh, sir. is there anything i can do for you?" he asks.

"yes, 1, call me hunter, and 2, meet me at the starbucks near our facility."

---

i drive my corolla to starbucks and i find both idaho and izzy already there. they're chatting away as if they were there purely by coincidence. lovely.

as i walk out the car, i take a package with me. starbucks coffee? not my thing. an array of alcohols? hell yeah.

"hey izzy!" i call out.

"idaho!" i continue.

"hunter. what's with the bottles?" izzy asks, pointing to my bag full of bottles.

"oh, nothing, just prefer beer over coffee." i say, trying to brush off the fact that i had 3 full bottles in the last hour.

"agent hunter, why did you call me?" idaho asks.

"bloody hell idaho! i told you to just call me hunter!" i shout at him.

"you called him?" izzy asks, half upset half happy that idaho was here.

"oh kay, now, we came here for a rational and civilised beer picnic, i'll be in the park, you 2 can go buy some muffins or scones if you want." i reply, avoiding the topic of calling idaho.

"okay. we'll see you there." izzy says before walking in starbucks with idaho.

there's a pretty decent park behind starbucks and i settle for one of the bigger trees near a bench. i put the bag down, letting it lean on the bench and take one of the opaque bottles out of the bag. they're all identical with liquors ranging from vodka to gin, it's almost like a lucky dip.

and i take a full gulp from my bottle.

the liquid burns my mouth and throat, stinging my cheeks. it has a bitter sour flavour, causing me to cringe a little.

it's definitely whiskey.

i take a few more mouthfuls and i see izzy and idaho walking over with 2 grande lattes and a blueberry muffin.

idaho takes the latte that reads 'no milk'.

"that's disgusting." i say, pointing to his latte.

"i'm lactose intolerant, THAT'S disgusting." idaho answers.

"i bet you're not alcohol intolerant." i say before passing the bag to him.

"pick one." i prompt him.

"lucky dip?" he asks, before picking out a bottle.

he takes a good gulp of the drink. after the bottle leaves his lips, his eyebrows draw together and he puts the bottle on the grass.

"what is this?" he asks, still cringing at the bottle.

i pick the bottle from the ground and take a mouthful. my reaction is no different from his.

"my 1979 brandy, definitely brandy." i say, before passing the bottle back to him.

"how's the latte?" i ask izzy.

"honestly, i'd rather have some of that." she says putting her latte down.

"be my guest." i hold the bag to her.

she picks one and takes a small sip, being much more cautious than idaho and i.

"this is good vodka." she says, smiling.

"you know your alcohol." i compliment.

"if your dad worked at a brewery, you'd know." she says, smiling.

we sit there all afternoon, laughing over the most stupidest things, consuming more alcohol than we should. and as the sun went down, we went our separate ways.

A/N-

bobbi morse- adrianne palicki

lance hunter- nick blood

isabelle hartley- lucy lawless

idaho- wilmer calderon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817 36 7
โ they're gonna watch me disappear into the sun . . . โž [ a marvel fanfiction ] [ agents of s.h.i.e.l.d ] [ full des...
616K 17.3K 60
in which scott slowly finds love again after allison argent (season 2-3) (started: april 3, 2020) (book one in the blai...
474K 10.6K 33
Percy and Annabeth are finishing high school at Midtown High. Phil and his team are trying to find the terrorist, Perseus Jackson. What will Percy...
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...