Wolf Arise

By ChloeKicks

Just when you thought life was at its best, it can be all taken away in an instant. Seth, Cole, Alex, Taylor... More

Wolf Arise
Chapter One-The Beginning of the end
Chapter Two-a rude awakening
chapter Four- Journal Entry
Chapter Five- Another Year Another Birthday Disaster
Chapter Six- We Meet Again
Chapter Seven- First Day Of Hell
School problems never end

Chapter Three- Attack 101

140 4 3
By ChloeKicks

June 20

Journal Entry 001

By the time Seth and Taylor woke up, I had told Bentley about me remembering being a wolf and he gave me a “dairy” and told me to start writing about my life. So here I am, sitting at the kitchen table, watching Seth, Cole, Alex, and Taylor playing crazy eights. I’m trying to writing this and I don’t know how to do this.

Well I guess I’ll describe what being a wolf is like. It’s kind of like having a different life, I mean you remember everything but you see things from a different view. Your senses have changed and you’re warm all the time. You’re your own personal heater. It’s something that you’d have to experience to understand.

 The marks you get tell you who’s the leader and who is in your pack. The leader is also a different color than everyone else, but it’s different for my pack. None of us are the same color. Man, it’s good to have Bentley to help us understand. You gotta love him.  

Well that’s all for tonight. The gang and I are going to watch “Drag me to hell” Never again will I let Cole and Alex pick the movie. Got to go make popcorn.

                                                                                                      Until next time

                                                                                                             Lexie

I took my notebook back to my room and placed it on the bed. Bentley had already layed out some sleeping bags on the floor for the gang. I went to the kitchen and started making popcorn when Seth popped his head in the door.

“You almost done,” he said as I  pour the last of the popcorn into a bowl.

“Yeah. Remind me again why I let Cole and Alex pick the movie?”

“Because they brought two movies with them and “How to train your dragon" wasn’t in the case.”

“Right.”

Seth grabbed the bowls of popcorn and I grabbed pop and cups, then we headed down the hall to the living room. When I walked in Cole, Alex, and Taylor were sitting on the couch leaving the love seat for me and Seth. Seth gave a bowl to Taylor and went to flick off the lights then came to sit next to me. I started the movie and prepared for the scare of my life. Part way through the movie i heard a noise from outside the window.

 “Everything ok?” Seth asked just as a Dark blobs broke though the wind, knocking the TV out. I heard Taylor scream before I quickly turned wolf hoping to protect everyone.  Bentley busted into the room and turn on the lights. Standing a few feet away from me stood the Brown, miss-matched eyes wolf. We stared for minutes on end then the wolf jumped at me with great speed but I was quicker. Soon he wasn’t alone; he backed up by the window just as four more wolves jumped through the broken window. They all stared at me. There was no way I could take them all myself. Just as the five wolves jumped at me, Seth had swung the lamp knocking two against the wall while Cole and Alex jumped two more. I manage to jump out of the way at the same time one of the wolves got my side knocking me into the wolves by the wall. I quickly shifted back into a human just in time to see all the wolves jump back out the window and into the woods. I went to get up but there was a sharp pain on my side. I looked down to see I big rip in my sweater and blood pouring from the gash. Seth and Bentley were at my side when I looked up. All I could do was stare where the wolves had entered then vanished. I could faintly hear the sound of someone talking.

“Oh my gosh. We have to get her to a hospital.” Cole was freaking out.

“No, wait and watch.” Bentley said staring at the wound. I looked at him like he was planning to let me die, but the pain was so intense that I couldn’t speak. After several minutes of lying in pain it suddenly stopped. I looked down to see that the bleeding had stopped and was quickly healing. “Having “infected” wolf blood heals you faster, gives you more strength, and much more.” Bentley finally spoke as Taylor came back into the room with a wet cloths and a t-shirt. She gave them to Seth and he began to clean the wound. I’m glad he took the first aid training with me a few weeks ago. Once he finished he gave me the shirt and everyone started to leave the room.

“Bentley, why did u bust into the room when you knew we were watching a scary” I had to ask.

“I don’t know. I thought that you guys were in trouble……And I was right so…”

He said leaving the room. Seth left last, turning before leaving the room

“We’ll meet you in the main room ok?” Seth said before leaving the room.

I nodded and he left the room.

I changed my shirt and stared out the wind. Did the wolves want us dead or what? I finished my thought and went out to join everyone else. They were all sitting at the table and I joined them, sitting on the end next to Taylor who looked very worried.

“Ok the wolves that just broke my wind they were the only pack in town. Most of the time when an “infected” wolf bites a human it usually results in that person being marked with that pack’s symbol, but under different occasion one wolf will be different. Never have there been a whole pack born at once and all of them being bit at the same time. It’s incredible.”

“There’s some that’s been bothering me,” Cole asked. “How do you know so much about this kind of thing? I mean I know you’re a scientist but why would you put so much effort into this”

Bentley looked away before saying” My son got bite 2 years ago.  He is now the leader of his own pack of wolves. His name was Damien. He spends most of the time as a wolf. I haven’t seen him ever since he finally got control of his shifting. He then started biting other people after he found out that he could. “You could see the sadness his eyes.

There was an really long silence that started to get awkward. Taylor broke the silence be using a method that her mother would us on her depressed clients.

“When life is at its worse just believe in a better tomorrow. You have to know that when my bother left 3 years ago he never called, never visited. I was miserable. I missed him being there in the morning. I cried every time I saw his picture and he was only 15. It was like I lost a part of me. He finally sent me something and it had his cell number in and a new phone. Since then I now live with him. He’s 18 now and we’ve never been closer. So give him time. I’m sure he’ll come around.”

Taylor was always good at changing people’s emotions. Bentley smiled at her changing the mood in the air.  Everyone relaxed when Bentley seemed cool.

“Ok I will. Now its 1:20am everyone go to bed. We have to be up bright and early.

“Is he serious?” Cole whispered to Alex and Taylor who both snickered. Seth and I rolled our eyes at them.  

We all went to my room and got ready to go to sleep. Bentley knocked on the door.

“Come in!” I hollered front where I sat on my bed with Taylor, Seth, and Alex.

“I’m sorry but the bays have to stay in another room for………..reasons.”  The boys began to whine as Cole came out of the bath room. They gathered up there sleeping bags and said there good nights before leaving the room with Bentley. That left me and Taylor sitting in an almost empty room.  We sat there in silence for a few minutes before Taylor asked.

“What are you going to do now?”

I looked at her with a confused look. “What are you talking about?”

“I mean we still all have families in the area, but you have no one. What are you going to do now?”

Before I could answer Bentley opened the door. “Here Lexie this is for you. Seth told me it was your birthday yesterday so, happy birthday!” He gave me an envelope then left. I flipped it over and ripped it open. On the front of the card it had a picture of Spiderman. Inside Bentley had written something. “I couldn’t find any other cards in the house so I hope you like it. I know this is a lot to handle right now so if you choose I would like it if you would stay here so I can keep my eye on you. Signed Bentley.”

I read it over and over again, thinking how much better my life was becoming. I hopped off the bed, leaving the card and Taylor in the room. I ran down the all hoping he was in the main room and he was. He turned to look at me as I ran to him, wrapping my arms into a hug and repeating thank you over and over.

“I’m glad you’re happy. Tomorrow you and if one of your friends can leave without changing can go shopping for clothes and stuff for you room.”  Bentley said with a grin. “But for now it’s time for you to get some sleep. I’ve got to go clean up the broken window and cover it with something.”

I released his neck and started back to my room. I was so happy to have someone more than my friends that care. I didn’t think I could sleep tonight. I walked back into the room to see Taylor fast asleep on the bed; the card was lying on the floor.  I didn’t feel like moving her so I went for a walk instead. I looked at all the doors so I knew where everything was. “Office” “ Bedroom” and I finally came to a door labeled “ Damien’s room” in black letters and posters all over it. I stood there wondering how life would be if my parents hadn’t of left. If I didn’t get bit by wolves. Then it hit me. The wolf that bit me must have been Damien.  I couldn’t believe it. Was he planning for this to happen or was it by accident?

“Couldn’t sleep either?” A voice came from behind me. It made me jump. I turned around to see Seth standing there.

“Gosh Seth don’t do that. You scared me half to death. Yeah I couldn’t sleep. Bentley decided to let me stay here.” I said with a smile. Seth came closer and gave me a hug.

“I’m so happy for you.”

“Seth. Can’t. Breath. Once again.”

“Sorry”

“ Can we go somewhere else and talk?

“Yeah, sure”

We began walking down the hall. This place is like an endless vortex. It never ends. We walked in silence for a long while until Seth  started shaking.

“Seth not now.”

Then it stopped. We looked at each other before running to Bentley. We found him sweeping up the glass. We busted into the room the same way Bentley did earlier. I nearly knocked him over in the process. Seth told Bentley what happened. This was the first time I saw him confused. 

“I’m sure it’s nothing. Go to bed.”

We walk down the hall and stopped outside the “Rec Room” Seth opened the door. Cole and Alex were playing what seemed to be “Left 4 Dead” Seth said good night and went in with them, picking up a controller front the floor. I continued my way back to my room and once I got there I pushed Taylor to one side and went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22M 313K 43
Rainie Harper was like every other wolf who dreamed of finding her mate. A mate who loved her and made her smile with every word he spoke. A mate w...
90 9 12
Students and teachers alike become increasingly more concerned as students go missing. Their bodies turn up in the woods behind the school appearing...
2.1K 44 24
"I never knew my mate would turn out to be my enemy, the alpha of a rival pack's son but then again, do I regret it? I feel in love with him slowly t...
116K 3.1K 46
What would happen if your mate was someone you knew you couldn't and shouldn't be with? Would you go through all obstacles to be together, would you...