Butterfly

By Nijojo

A mom, a nurse, a wife must become something more when her simple life gets turned upside down when an experi... More

Prologue
Chrysalis
Question Mark
American Lady
Nevada Skipper
Death's Head Hawkmoth
Mourning Cloak
The Wall Brown
Northern Metalmark
Tiger Swallowtail
Beautiful Beamer
Dreamy Duskywing
Crimson Patch
Next chapter
Next chapter2
Next chapter 3

Author's Note

21 1 4
By Nijojo

Updated:
As I write I play a carefully selected "soundtrack" that helps set the mood and paint the picture I'm striving for. As fun, I have added the song that inspires each chapter with lyrics (for those who don't want to listen but I do highly recommend trying them out). I favor the rock genre so expect it to be a lot of that.

If you don't like soundtracks skip that part. It's at the end so it's easy to avoid.
----
Most people reading this probably don't know me well enough to see that this reflects true life to a possibly disturbing degree. The character is me, the real me, and my husband and children are also themselves. I dreamt of this story some months back and decided to write about it choosing the first person voice since it was pretty much about my life.

Now I haven't actually been through a zombie apocalypse but I think as you read you'll see the real story is behind all that.

I have changed names of people that aren't presented favorably. Plenty are made up.

The hospital I describe is actually where I work. Making the detailed descriptions easy. Plus I find myself imagining what that place would be like deserted. Eerie. Ghostly.

So I'm at the part where I know what needs to happen but not how to get there.

Feedback is so crucial to helping an author work through a story. And to all who have read this far- THANK YOU!!

For fun I posted a photo of the hallway that leads to the real 318. I can't turn the lights off but you can get a sense of how "endless" it feels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 212 28
A simple skin condition, turns into something far worse that took the world by the horns and rattled it like an earthquake. A rash, something so simp...
59 16 15
An airborne unknown virus spreaded the whole world, the world is in epidemic and a group of high school students are inside of the school and they wi...
311 6 8
In the middle of a small town, A lone teenage boy has trouble with some issues that arise seemingly quick. The many twists that this story has to off...
Condemned By MurphyRena

Science Fiction

348 55 8
Two years into the nightmare humanity has been thrusted into a shimmer of hope dangles over their heads. A twenty-three year old woman named Florence...