Author's Note

Updated:
As I write I play a carefully selected "soundtrack" that helps set the mood and paint the picture I'm striving for. As fun, I have added the song that inspires each chapter with lyrics (for those who don't want to listen but I do highly recommend trying them out). I favor the rock genre so expect it to be a lot of that.

If you don't like soundtracks skip that part. It's at the end so it's easy to avoid.
----
Most people reading this probably don't know me well enough to see that this reflects true life to a possibly disturbing degree. The character is me, the real me, and my husband and children are also themselves. I dreamt of this story some months back and decided to write about it choosing the first person voice since it was pretty much about my life.

Now I haven't actually been through a zombie apocalypse but I think as you read you'll see the real story is behind all that.

I have changed names of people that aren't presented favorably. Plenty are made up.

The hospital I describe is actually where I work. Making the detailed descriptions easy. Plus I find myself imagining what that place would be like deserted. Eerie. Ghostly.

So I'm at the part where I know what needs to happen but not how to get there.

Feedback is so crucial to helping an author work through a story. And to all who have read this far- THANK YOU!!

For fun I posted a photo of the hallway that leads to the real 318. I can't turn the lights off but you can get a sense of how "endless" it feels.