The perfect timing (In Editin...

By JustmeN

I'm not like wonder woman, supergirl or catwoman. The only similarity we share is that we all have an extraor... More

Plot
Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9-
Chapter 10-
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 14-
Chapter 16-
Chapter 17-
Important
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20-
Chapter 21-
Chapter 22-
Chapter 23-
Chapter 24-
Chapter 25-
Chapter 26-
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28-
Chapter 29-
Chapter 30-
Chapter 31-
Chapter 32-
Book 2 and help!
The second book is out!

Chapter 15-

1.5K 78 12
By JustmeN

I spent the rest of the day with my aunt in the hospital looking after Nancy. Luckily her conditions stays the way it is and don't get worse and I'm relived that my aunt don't ask me about Reece and the "lunch" we had.

Later that day I call Aiden and inform him about Nancy. He immediately wants to visit us, but I assure him I will call him if something happens.  However, I have to promise him to tell him everything and not forget one detail. But this time it will be difficult, because I have to lie to him. I can't tell him the whole truth, because I'm not allowed to talk about Matthew Enterprise.

The next day starts as always, I get up and go to school. However you can notice that I didn't get much sleep, because of the big circles under my eyes. Instead of sleeping I was thinking about Nancy and the M.E, which I now called Matthew enterprise for short. My thoughts drifted from super humans to super power and the people I met.

Right now I'm sitting with Aiden in our cafeteria. It's lunch time and I tell my best friend about Nancy and try to leave everything out that involves super humans.

"And she just fainted out of sudden?" My best friend asks, after he takes a bite out of his sandwich.

I'm not really hungry, so I put my food aside before I answer him. " I guess. I was not around when it happened. I found her afterwards."

Aiden thinks about my words before he puts a hand on my shoulder and tries to comfort me.

"She will be fine Celia. The doctors know what they do and I'm sure she will be awake sooner than you think."

"Yeah," I mumble, but Aiden sees right through me. I'm not convinced and he squeezes my shoulder again.

"What about you? Are you alright too?" he then wants to know. With his forefinger he points at my cheek. The scratch is still visible and I totally forgot about it. That's why I didn't try to cover it.

"I'm fine. I don't even remember where I got that from," I lie.

To my relive Liam appears in that moment and interrupts our conversation. He plums himself down next to us and takes a bite of his apple before he starts to speak.

"How are you two?" he asks us. But something about his tone is weird. And I immediately know why. He is a bad liar and I'm sure he listened to our conversation. Under normal circumstances I would have complained about him ear dropping on us, but today I have no power for that. So I mumble,"Fine."

Liam is smart enough not to keep asking and we continue to have our lunch in silence. That is until two figures appear next to our table. A girl and a boy I'm already too familiar with.

"Can we sit with you guys?" the girl ask. It is Kitty and on her side she has Eric. Their appearances surprises me. I did not know that they spend time together at school.

"Sure," we all answer and the two of them join us. Aiden already knows Kitty and gives her a nod in acknowledgment.

"Liam this is Kitty," I introduce these two and as while Kitty smiles one of her infamous smiles, Liam nods in return. Then I carried on and introduce Eric and again the guys nod at each other and mumble a greeting.

I don't fail to notice the few glances Aiden is giving Eric. It must be weird to see him like that after all these years.

"So you are both new at this school?" Liam wants to know, addressing Kitty and Eric.

"Yes, I transferred from a girls school to this one," Kitty explains. "You can't imagine, how it is to be surrounded by only girls," she shudders. 

At her words Aiden and I laugh heartily, because we are sure Liam knows how that feels.

He wiggles his eyebrows, which only makes us laugh harder. "Oh, I can imagine."

But Liam like the guy he was commented wiggling his eyebrows at Aiden and me, "Oh, I can."

"Me too," Eric tells us then and Aiden asks him in amusement. "You also transferred from a girl school?"

Eric's eyes widen in realization. He tries to correct himself, but fails miserable. His rambling makes us all laugh now and soon he gives up and joins us. After that he have a lighthearted conversation and enjoy the rest of our lunch time. It's the first time I feel calm after the accident.

Later that day, when I finally arrive at home I want nothing more than take a nap. Though I'm greeted by my aunt, who is nervously walking through our apartment. Her sight freaks me out, because I immediately think of Nancy. Did something happen in my absence?

"Lily what are you doing here already? I thought you were still at work?" I ask her, eyeing her suspiciously.

"I got a call from Jocelyn, one of Nancy's workers, who is currently taking care of the bakery. She told me that someone broke into the bakery," she tells me and my mind goes blank.

"She said that nothing is missing, that is why she didn't call the police. But she wants us to come over and take a look," my aunt continues. She has her bag already in her hands and I don't even think twice when I take my phone out of my backpack and tell her we should get going.

"Thanks for coming that quickly," Jocelyn tells us relieved when we arrive at the bakery. The poor woman is still shaking and my aunt gives her a reassuring hug. How would do something like this and why?

"No problem," my aunt answers.Just tell us what happened."

They both walk inside and I follow them in silence. Lily guides Jocelyn to the closest table and tells her to sit and calm down.

"I went to the bakery at noon to open it like every Monday, because we talked about the fact that Nancy wanted her shop to go on," she says her voice still shaking. "But to my surprise the door was already open, which was odd, because I was the one who closed it the day before," she continues with a frown plastered on her face. At her words I'm taken back. 

"So the only logical thing to me was that somebody had opened it," the woman tells us, stealing paranoid glances around the room, like somebody would appear out of nowhere.

"What did you do then?" I want to know, my gaze not leaving her face.

"Carefully, not to make too much noise I went inside and looked around, but I didn't notice something suspicious at first. But then I saw someone  and before I could do anything the person run away," she goes on and my aunt and I look at each other in surprise. 

"Was the person a boy or a girl?" I question.

"I'm not sure. I think it was a girl. The person had short hair, but looked more feminine than masculine. Though everything went so fast and when I followed her, she was already gone," she sighs in frustration and I give her an encouraging smile to cheer her up.

"You did your best. Don't be too harsh to yourself." Lily says to her and the woman smiles slightly in return.

"And nothing is missing?" I ask again, to be sure, but she shakes her head.

"But you can look around, if you want," she tells me and I get up to take a look around.

But she is right. I don't see anything missing. The money is still where it should be and other than that there is nothing really expensive in here. I even go into the kitchen to take a look. It brings memories back and I shudder at the though. But there it is the same, everything is in it's place. That girl wasn't here for money I come to the conclusion. Maybe it is the same person, who took control of Nancy. I'm sure there is a connection somehow. That only means one thing. I have to visit the M.E and talk to Juliette. She is probably able to help me out.

"Did you find something?" my aunt's head suddenly appears next to the door frame.

"Sadly no," I tell her, shaking my head. "But I need to go somewhere," I say, biting my lip and hoping she isn't going to ask me some questions.

"Okay," my aunt replies confused.

"I will be home before dinner," I say passing her and walking towards the front door. She follows me, but she is still unsure what is going on. I use that chance to escape.

The fast my legs can carry me I run to the M.E. I seriously hope to get some answers there. After all Matthew Enterprise is a place run by super humans. They should know how to find one.

Hey to everyone who is actually reading the author note. I hope you liked this chapter. Aiden and Liam just met Kitty and Eric. What did you think about that? And about the fact that somebody broke into the bakery? Was it really the same person, who controlled Nancy's mind? Leave a comment about your suggestion and please vote. Have a beautiful day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 3.5K 34
Shortly after World War II, something happened to the human race-something extraordinary. After so much death, humans grew to evolve. Some became str...
575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...
254K 12.7K 34
When you're a teenage undercover as a part-time superhero you have three options: You can pull on the nerd/geek high schooler or a bad boy/outcast ty...
Better Undercover By J.OB

Mystery / Thriller

19.8K 1K 19
Courtney had more problems than other high schoolers: she discovered that she has superpowers, watched her parents get killed, learned that ever memo...