The God Fruit (One Piece)

By Lillie1512

The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way bac... More

Jade Island
A Warrior Worth My While
The Demon Within
The Past Arises
Farewell
Moving On
Deep
I Have a Dream
Fireworks are Flying in this Heated Battle
The Girl on Fire
Pain
Version 2.0
Remember Me
Am I Doing this Right?
Epilogue: Snow

Sake, Suspicions, and Spotted Seals

770 23 34
By Lillie1512

*Arya*

After breakfast the crew makes our way out to the deck to relax until we reach the island we were approaching.

I sit down and swing my legs out over the ocean as I lean against the white wooden railing of the Sunny.

Luffy, Chopper, and Usopp are all fishing, Franky is fiddling around with his bionic arms, Nami and Robin are reclined in lawn chairs, Sanji is serving them drinks, Zoro is lifting an inhuman amount of weights, and Brook is playing the violin and quite beautifully I may ad.

I turn to the skeleton and give him a a small smile, "You are a very good musician Brook. You can hear the passion and emotion in every chord you play."

Brook tilts his crown to me, "They don't call me Soul King for nothing. If I can't turn the crowd into an emotional mess I wouldn't be a very good musician now would I? Yohohohoho! Is there anything special that I can play for you Arya my dear?"

I awkwardly shrug, "I don't really know to much about music. I am afraid I didn't listen to much while I was training." I look up to the skeleton and cock my head to the right, "Maybe you can teach me sometime?" I figure I should try to expand my horizon and get to know more about the crew. Plus music and rhythm can only increase my sword play.

Brook smiles as large as his boney figure will let him, "I would be delighted! We can start tonight at the party if you want to! You can be my musical prodigy! However there is a small price, you need to show me your panti. . . "

The musician is cut of my Sanji's foot slamming into is head, denting his crown, "You know if you say you are a gentleman then act like one. Don't try to use it as a cover so you can be a perv!"

Franky looks up from his bionic arm, "Did someone say my name?" I sweat drop,"No?"

Sanji slides down next to me and hands me a light orange drink; I take a sip, "It is as wonderful as it always is Sanji thank you."

Instead of erupting in to his usually nose bleed he just smiles back. Sanji looks so much better when he is just relaxed and smiles genuinely.

Sanji smiles fades as he puffs on his cigarette, "There is something that we would actually like to ask you about Arya. If you don't mind that it is."

I shake me head and look around at the rest of the crew to see the scale of the whole situation. Everyone is still minding their own business, so I was not to concerned about the topic on hand.

I hear Robin clicks her book softly close and I do a 180 to face her, "We were wondering what you knew about the devil fruit that Micah was using."

"It seems that he ate the Goro Goro no Mi. He had become a man made of lightening just like how I ate the Mizu Mizu no Mi and my body is now made out of water, " I say matter of factly.

Usopp turn to us, "I don't think that is what Robin meant. I think she was asking if you were aware that someone else besides Micah has the ability to use the Goro Goro no Mi power."

I am starting to get confused, "So you are saying that there is another person out there with the same devil fruit powers as Micah? That is impossible. Devil fruits do appear again when the user dies, but that is the only way. Are you sure that the previous user is still alive?"

Luffy turns to me with a pinky up his nose, "I beat the crap out lightening guy when we were on Skypiea but I know for a fact that I didn't kill him."

Thoughts start to whirl around in my head, "Is there anyway he could be dead now?"

Nami shakes her head and her orange hair falls form her shoulder, "No Enel was crazy strong, he wouldn't be killed so easy."

I blink hard tying to clear my thought, "Are you saying there is a way to create devil fruit?"

Chopper sets down his fishing pull and hops onto Robin's lap, "That exactly what we are saying. We actually ran into this before."

I shift eagerly to my knees, "What type of fruit was it? What were the differences between artificial and real? Was their side effects?" I love stuff like this. I would help my mom do research all the time. Life is just fascinating.

Chopper continues, "When we were on Punk Hazard we ran into a child named Momonosuke. He had eaten the artificial devil fruit that Vegapunk had created.The devil fruit was a zoan type. He was able to turn into a dragon, but he couldn't control his form changes and he was a lot smaller than most zoan type users are. He said it looked like an apple but it had spots unlike the waves devil fruit usually had and that the fruit tastes like a normal fruit."

Lucky kid.

Franky continues the story, "We found out that Doflamingo and a World Government scientist named Caesar continued to do research on artificial devil fruits after Vegapunk's so called failure. The only type of artificial devil fruit we knew of were zoan types and we thought we got ride of that threat when we destroyed the SMILE factory, but than we met Micah."

"Seems like the World Government has another facility and has learned how to make logia type devil fruits and this time there doesn't seem to be any flaws in their creation." Sanji puts flatly.

I chew the inside of my lip, "Do you think the World Government is trying to create an army?"

Zoro scoffs, "What else would those scums do?"

Sanji tries to plant a kick on the swordsmen head, "Don't be rude to a lady! My angel was very smart to piece all this together. You shitty marimo!"

The two lock into combat becoming a blur of legs and swords.

I sweat drop and turn to Luffy, "Why do you have two people on the crew that hate each other so much?"

Luffy giggle, "It is more fun that way don't ya think?"

Yeah fun is an adjective.

I adjust the white tank top I changed into after breakfast, "What are we going to do about this development?"

Robin folds her hands and rest them on her book, "That is actually the second thing we wanted to talk to you about."

Luffy jump up and down with excitement, "We were thinking about talking to Traffy about the situation."

Traffy?

Usopp clears it up for me, "He means Trafalgar Law the captain of the Heart Pirates the the former Shichibukai. Also known as the surgeon of death"

Brook leans on his cane, "He is a truly a devious man. He turned in the heart of 100 pirates to gain his position as a Shichibukai. The man will do anything to reach his goals. He is quite self-centered."

Sanji came up silently behind me, "Not to mention that his crew is a bunch of pervs."

Franky shuts his arm, "Now I swore I heard my name that time."

What is his deal?

Luffy puffs his cheeks, "I don't know what you guys are talking about Traffy is a good guy! He is our ally after all. We have to trust him!"

So after all the said about how heartless of a man Law is, there are allies? I don't even know.

My stomach has an uneasy feeling, "What does this have to do with our issue?"

Nami looks up and point her finger, "We figure that he may have some information on it because of the positions he used to hold in the World Government, but there is a slight problem Law doesn't do things without getting something in return."

Crap.

Luffy pouts, "I think Law would come anyway but know one else thinks so."

I rub my hands together, "Where is this going?"

Robin smiles at me softy, "We were wonder if we could offer you as a trade. We wouldn't give you up to the Heart Pirates but we would allow Law to examine on you and experiment on you."

It sounded a little cryptic, "It is okay I will do anything for you guys." I force a smile. I don't really want to do this but hopefully I can build some trust with the crew this way.

Usopp bears one last bit of bad news, "We want you to talk to him on the den den mushi also. We want him to know that we aren't pulling his leg and that someone with your special talent really exists."

I stand up and fix my shorts, "I understand completely. When do you want to do this?"

Nami looks at me and winks, "If we could do it now that would be great. Maybe he can meet up at the next island."

I nod and we all head down to the library. Sanji sets the den den mushi at one of the tables. The snail is yellow with a blue and grey speckled shell and is wearing a white and black spotted hat. I sit down at the table and the crew stands behind me for support.

The den den mushi rings and my stomach does back flips. I have read terrible things about Law. I had my suspicions about the man soon to be on the other side but I did my best to fight them off trusting my crew mates.

An agitated voice picks up on the other side, "Straw Hat-ya I swear if this is another call saying how much you miss me, I will find you ship and sink it to the bottom of the ocean."

Luffy giggles, "Oops."

I try to keep my tone professional, " I am sorry to disappoint you but this is Arya."

His voice melts into something smoother and more inciting, "I apologize for my rudeness. What is someone with such a beautiful voice doing with the Straw Hats?"

I fight off the redness creeping to my face, "I joined the Straw Hat crew recently. I was wondering if you could help us with something?"

His relaxed voice fills the air, "Well that plans Miss. . ."

I turn to the crew looking for reassurance. They all nod and give me the a okay to tell Law, only than did I realize I haven't even told them yet. "Dracule. Dracule D. Arya"

I can feel a grin creep on Law's face, "Miss Dracule there wouldn't happen to be any relationship to a famous someone we all know."

Annoyed I press on, "Trafalgar can we skip talking about family trees and get to the point."

His sweet voice answers, "A women that gets right down to it. What an attractive quality. What can I do for you and what can you do for me Miss Dracule."

I straighten up in my seat, "We have some suspicions that the World Government has another facility that is making artificial devil fruit."

Law's voice comes back quiet and filled with anger, "I thought this was no longer a problem after the SMILE factory was destroyed. Don't toy with me."

His icy voice surprises me, "I am sorry to say that when the Straw Hat came to Jade Island they ran into a second user of the Goro Goro no Mi. We think the Government may be able to produce artificial logia fruit."

I hear him curse on the other side of the phone. It takes him a moment to regain his composure and his smooth voice fills the air once more, "Okay Miss Dracule you have peaked my interest. Now what are you offering in return?"

Sanji and Zoro clamp a protective and encouraging had on my shoulder. I answer with confidence, "Me."

"Well even though I can think of a few things that I would be glad to do to you Miss Dracule, maybe you should be more specific."

This time I can't help but blush, "I ate the Mizu Mizu no Mi also known as the God Fruit. I am sure you have heard the rumors. I figured you would be interested in examining me and doing experiments on me since you are a doctor and you seem like a genuinely curious person."

Law let out a small hum, "I haven't even met you yet and I already like you Miss Dracule. I will do it because you interest me. What island are you approaching?"

Nami answers, "Matsuri Island we should be their by night fall."

"Lucky for you my crew and I are only about 8 hours away. We will see you their this evening. Oh and Miss Dracule I hope you are as beautiful as your voice." He hangs up the receiver on his end.

What a suave bastard.

*Zoro*

Sanji is trying to curse at Law through the receiver even though he already has hung up. It is both hilarious to watch and unsettling at the same time.

I did support Law in his ambitions but the way he talked to Arya right now was unnerving. He can't talk to Arya like she is a piece a meat it is demeaning.

I watch as Arya spins and faces Robin and Chopper, "Would you guys mind doing some research with me? Maybe we can find something about devil fruits or if this has ever happened before."

Franky pipes up, "I will help too. I am familiar with Vegapunk's work. I will go grab my books from room quick."

Chopper follows suit, "I will grab some of my books to and we all can research down here. I bet we will come up with something!"

A small smiles pulls at my face because of the small doctor's positive attitude. Arya however seems to be deaf to the world around her as she runs her fingers against the spines of the books. I watch as Robin directs her to the biology section.

Arya starts to pile books in her hand. Hopefully this will give her a good opportunity to get to know her crew mates more.

I shout over my shoulder when I start to leave, "If there is going to be another war I am going to go train some more so I won't lose to anyone."

-a little while after dinner-

998. . . 999. . .1000. . .

I drop down from the pull up bar and land soundlessly on the floor. I stretch my arms over my head and feel my abdominal muscles tighten.

I relax and grab a towel and wipe the sweat off my face. I have been training all day long. My muscle are sore but the adrenaline from the work out made me feel amazing.

I drank some water and thought about how Arya had acted at dinner.

Everyone else was there normal selves. Luffy was a little more excited than usually since Law we were going to see Law. He actually talked more than he ate. Arya however had her nose in a book and just picked at the amazing dinner Sanji had made us.

Had she been reading all day? Probably is trying to keep her mind off of her father.

I made an executive decision and opened the the hatch and descended down the ladder.

Once I got to the library I saw Chopper fast asleep on on of the couches and Robin sitting across from Franky both silently reading books with notepads at their sides.

I found Arya on the floor cross legged resting her cheek against her hand. There was two stack of books about three feet tall on either side of her. She closed the one in front of her and a watery hand put it to the stack on the right as she reached for for the left stack.

I grab her katana that was leaning against a book shelf and toss it to her. She reaches her hand and catches it will ease not even looking up from her book.

"You have been straining your brain all day isn't it time you take a break. Come on let's spar. It will relax you."

She puts her katana down at her side and flips the page ignoring me.

Robin puts down her book and turns to Arya, "I think that Zoro is right on this one Arya. You have been reading longer than all of us. You should really take a break. Your brain will cease to work if you don't."

Arya grabs her katana and leaves without saying a word.

What is going on with her? I thought we were making some process. She is as icy as ever now. Did the crew do something? Did I do something?

I try to follow her out but I am stopped by Franky's voice, "Go cheer her up Zoro!"

Franky and Robin both wink at me.

"Get a room." I grumble at them as I walk out.

As I open the hatch to the crow's nest I am met with Arya's blank yellow eyes. She is standing with her sword at the ready balancing on the balls of her feet.

I take my swords out of my sheathes readying myself, "Arya what is the matter?"

Instead of responding she springs forward and our blades clash causing a metallic screech to echos in the room.

Her attacks were relentless but not as fluid and precise as they usually are.

I start to try to think about what is bothering her, but I am jolting back to the fight as I narrowly dodge a slash aimed toward my face.

Even though she is distracted I still have to pay attention or I can get seriously hurt. I inhale deeply trying to center my focus.

I fire one technique after another, but she dodges or counters the all with her own techniques.

We stand 10 feet apart. Both of us are breathing heavily as sweat drips down both or our faces.

I decide to try one more time, "Arya what is going on with you?"

I watch as she bites her lip a disappears form my view. I use my Haki to try to place where she is. I open my eye and she appear in front of me and behind. . .to the left. . .and right.

I am surrounded by 10 Arya's. All of them are standing with there left foot forward and their katana brought to their right side as if they are going to shoot forward to piece their target: me:

Arya finally speaks, "One Sword Style: 10 Demon Pursuit"

Just as I predicted they sprint forward from all directions. I quickly look for a weakness. As I calculate it and swipe for her feet. My sword and I both slide through Arya's body.

Water Clones.

I try to turn around but my legs are pulled out from underneath me. I turn my head and see the clones distorted bodies. Two clones no longer have legs. The water that made up their legs, now snakes about mine and quickly moving up the rest of my body. I try to break free of my binds but am surprised with how strong my watery bonds are.

Arya sits on my chest and hits pressure points to make me release my swords as she does this she informs me about my bonds, "I can control the surface tension of water. The closer I pull the molecules together, the stronger they get. They can become harder than steel."

She rest her blade on my throat, "I win."

She gets back up bored releasing her bonds on me.

I refuse to give up this easily.

I jump to my feet and grab Arya's wrist and twist to make her release her sword.

She looks down at my hand if it was some short of parasite.

She turns ignoring the pain in her wrist and lands a solid kick to my side.

We lock into hand to hand combat. My goal isn't to land punches but to pin her or lock her in a hold. I don't want to hurt her.

She swings her first toward my chin and I grab her elbow. However she uses my own strength against me and throws me over her shoulder a good ten feet. 

I return to my feet and meet her in combat again.

After a while a realize that she doesn't plan on using her devil fruit power at all and her moves are getting sloppier and sloppier.

She tries to place a kick on my neck but it is poorly placed. I have fought Sanji enough to know when to take advantage of a poorly place kick.

I grab behind her knee and wrap and arm around her waste and pin her to the ground.

I straddle her torso and pin her hands above her head.

We both take a moment to regain our composure as we breathe heavily and sweat drips off our bodies.

I scowl down at her, "What is your problem?"

She ties to break free of me hold but I only tighten my grasp.

She lets out a scream of frustration, "I can't find anything!"

I look down at her puzzled. She continues, "Everything in the books I read, I already knew from studying with my mom. My whole day has been useless. I feel like a burden to the crew."

I feel her take deep breathes trying to calm herself. I look down at her with soft eyes. "We have already been over this. Luffy and the whole crew would do anything to protect you and if you ran away we would do anything to find you. Because we met you we were able to find out about a possible new government lab and convince Law to meet us on the next island. You are anything put useless."

She adverts her gaze, "I feel like I have to fight so everyone trust me and it is stressing me out."

I look down at her sternly, "Nothing is going to be fixed in a day. Brook had the same problem when he first joined the crew now he is just as crazy as the rest of us."

I feel Arya squeeze one of my hands out of thanks and then she wiggles a little bit, "Zoro do you mind if you dismount me now."

Huh?

I look down to see the compromising position we are in. Because I have my legs around her torso her shorts and her shirt both pulled up dangerously high almost exposing more errr. . . private things beneath.

"Zoro!"

I snap back to reality and roll off of her quickly.

Arya rests on her side starring at me mockingly, "You are just as big of as perv as Sanji aren't you?"

"No! I am so much better than that shitty cook!" I burst out.

Arya pretends to give it some thought, "but he is a really good cook, has a sense of direction, waits on me hand and foot, and calls me cute names."

"So!" I grumble out in anger.

Arya giggles. Not laughs but giggles. Her smile is as wide as she did in the picture in the locket. The young and carefree Arya seems to have broken through her cloudy heart once more.

The moment barely last. Arya looks at me in all seriousness now, "Why did you stay by my bed when I was unconscious? You must have thought that I killed my dad like everyone else, well minus Luffy."

I rest my head on the back of my hand, "In all honesty you remind me of Kuina. Except you don't care if you are a women. You just want to show the world how strong you are. If Kuina was alive I bet you would be her idol."

Arya sits up and hugs her knees. I follow suit. Her voice is  barely above a whisper, "Do you miss her?"

I am caught of guard by the question but answer anyway, "Yeah. Everyday. I feel like I am responsible for her death. It isn't bad enough that I think about her so often, but there is this one marine captain that looks like her if she grew up. I can't even fight the women because of that!"

Electricity shoots down my body as Arya intertwines her soft pale finger with my tanned calloused ones.

I stare at her dumbfounded and she blushes furiously, "I'm sorry am I doing this wrong? When Sanji did this to me when I cried I found it really comforting. I thought this is what a person does to comfort someone."

I give her hand a small squeeze causing another tingling sensation to run through my body, "No it is okay. This is helping a lot thank you." I give her a light smile and she sighs relieved.

Arya golden eyes stare up at the ceiling as if she is looking for an answer, "How do you live with yourself?"

I give her a large closed eye smile, "I follow Kuina and mines dream everyday. I won't stop until I become the world's strongest swordsmen. For my sake and hers at least one of us should fulfill it."

She really takes what I say into consideration and smiles at me softly, "Okay then I will do that to."

We sit in silence for a few moments and I unconsciously start to stoke her thumb with mine. It just felt like the right thing to do. The silence continues.

Arya eagerly wants to break the silence and start to talk about our sparring session. When she gets excited about a technique she absently mindedly squeezes my hand out of pure excitement.

I just don't want this moment to end. It is so nice to sit down and just talk about sword play with someone and have a challenging sparring partner. No offense Brook.

She gets so passionate when she talks about sword techniques. It is so refreshing.

The intercom makes static noise then Nami voices breaks through, "We will be landing in 15 minutes so hurry up and get down here."

Arya's slender fingers slide from mind as she stands up.

I stare down at my empty hand still feeling her phantom hand intertwined with mine.

Did Arya get the same sensation I did or am I just going down a bad path?

Arya looks at me with a sideways glance, "Zoro are you coming?"

I shake my head.

She said she did it because Sanji did it as a friend.

As a friend.

Nothing more.

*Arya*

I hurry down the ladder and join the crew in the front of the ship, excited to see what the island we are approaching looks like.

Chopper is the fist one to greet me, "Arya! You didn't open your wound sparring with Zoro."

I shake my head, driven mute by the site in front of me.

Matsuri Island was a summer island. It had white sandy beaches with palm trees and banana trees lining the beach. Docks we built out into the ocean even 100 feet or so with small fishing boats attached to most of them.

The sounds of celebration cause my body to vibrate with excitement. Along the shore of this summer island were dozen or colorful tents selling food and nick knacks. I get a whiff of something deep fried and my mouth starts to water.

I spin around so fast I almost get whip lash, "Do you think they will have fireworks tonight if they are celebration? There was a small festival on my home island that my family went to every year but nothing like this."

The crew starts to chuckle at the childish way I am acting but Luffy is the only one that actually gives me an answer, "Arya is right! Fireworks are the coolest! Hey guys we should have a party on the beach as a way to celebrate Arya joining our crew and reuniting with the Heart Pirates."

Sanji smiles and turns to Franky, "Do you have a portable grill hidden somewhere in your work shop?"

Franky nods and runs off. Sanji then turns to Usopp and Chopper, "Do you guys want to help get the cooking and bar supplies with me?"

Usopp and Chopper run off chanting beach party as they go.

Once the boys leave minus Luffy, Brook, and well I don't know where Zoro is, Nami puts a hand on my shoulder and gives me a sly smile, "You know Law is a pretty attractive guy Arya."

I blink at her stupidly Robin continues with a coy smile, "You guys could go off and enjoy the festival together. Just the two of you."

Brook swoons in, "How romantic it! Hand and hand during the festival, sharing food, watching the fireworks together, and kissing in their glow."

I wave my hands in front of me frantically, "No I am completely fine. Stuff like that doesn't interest me anyways. I have more important things to worry about."

Robin look off somewhere behind me, "Are you sure? I bet Law could get you to relax." She says with a wink. 

A deep voice that comes out as almost a snarl surprises me, "You heard her. She said she doesn't want to. Now leave her alone." I feel Zoro presences standing behind me threateningly.

Brooke, Nami, and Robin start to giggle among themselves. Brook manages to speak through his fit of laughter, "I guess that answer our question ladies."

My eyes shoot back and forth between the forth, "What are you guys talking about?"

Nami opens her mouth to talk but the whoosh of water falling causing the crew to run to the side of the ship. A huge yellow metal submarine is ascending to the surface.

Luffy launches himself over to the beach where the submarine takes port. I quickly follow after using my devil fruit abilities. I didn't want to deal with whatever those four were talking about right now.

My feet make contact with the ground and I chase after my captain. I group of five men approach my captain.

The shortest on is wearing a black bomber hat with a white patch that read Penguin in blues letter and a tan jump suit with brown boots. The next one is only a little bit taller. He is wearing a green heat with a red brim that is shoulder length crimson hair cascades out of and his is wearing matching jump suit as the bomber guy. The polar bear that is with them is wearing a black jump suit with brown boots and stands a couple feet over the two wearing hats. Next to him however is a man that is almost three times the size as the bear. His black spiky hair falls all the way down his back; he has muttonchops that line his face and he is wearing a blue muscle shirt and grey pants with sandals. The one that leads the pack I know is Law.

He stands about 6 feet three inches tall. He is wearing a black hoodies unzip with no shirt underneath revealing is sunkissesd skin, toned muscles, and a large heart tattoo. He is wearing blue pants with black spots on them, brown pointed toed boots, and a white northern style hat with a spotted seal pattern that his black hair pokes out of. He his a long nodachi attached to his back that has it hilt lined with fur and it black sheath lined with white crosses.

As I approach him his figure starts to become more detailed. I see that his sweatshirts sleeves are rolled up and the top of his forearms are spiked oval tattoos with his crew symbol in it but without the face, on the back of his hands are two purple crosses, and across knuckles the word death. He eyes reminded me of when I stared back at the koi pond on Jade Island: yellow, cold, and emotionless.

Luffy screams at the top of his lungs, "Traffy!"

He catapulted his arms forward attempting to tackle Law, however Law steps to the side and Luffy lands face first into the sand.

Law and his crew step around Luffy and stop just short of me.

The one with the bomber hat on turns to the red head, "Shachi why don't we have women like that on the ship."

The red head nods, "I would do anything to get her on our crew. If you know what I mean." They snicker among themselves.

Law holds up his thumb and first two fingers, "I advise you be nicer to the lady unless you two want something bad to happen, but you guys are right she is quite beautiful." Law says with a smirk.

They both salute, "Yes captain sorry sir," The say in tandem.

He extends a tattooed hand toward me, "Pleasure to finally make you acquaintance Miss Dracule."

His crew start to bicker, trying to figure if I am actually related to the famous Shichibukai.

I accept his surprising soft hand, "The pleasure is all mine Trafalgar."

He release my hand and glides it forward to encourage to follow him, "Let's go to a quieter place to talk."

He expertly guides us through the crowds of people. I try to stop and look at stands but Law grabs my hand and weaves me away from them.

We end up on a quiet sandy beach where we can see the sun hanging low in the sky.

I kick off my black flats and feel the soft sand between my toes. I must of had a weird look on my face because Law just sits down and rest his hand on his one bent knee and laughs, "Cute."

I try to ignore his comment and sit down besides him leaning back on my hands. I turn to him and study his face. He is looking out into the ocean with a calculating look in his eyes and an emotionless face.

He shifts and leans back on his hand mirroring me. His sweatshirt exposing his bare, toned chest.

The silence gives my thought some times to stew. This man has done some unforgivable things, has a bounty of over 500 million beli, and I am sitting alone on a beach with the surgeon of death.

Swell.

Law finally breaks the silence, "Should we begin."

I internally sigh with relief, "Where do you want me to begin?"

He looks at me pointy, "From the beginning. Tell me everything down. Every dirty detail." He says with a feral smile.

-One story time later-

Law looks at me with a much as a genuine face as he can give, "It sounds like you have been through quit a lot Miss Dracule."

I shrug emotionally drained from my story.

Law gestures a hand at me, "Do you mind showing me your ability?"

I turn to the ocean and focus an open hand towards it. A twenty foot waterfall appears in the matter of seconds. At the top I form the heart shape that Law has tattooed on his chest.

"See something that you like Miss Dracule?" Law says smugly.

I stare blankly at him and bind his legs with my water. He tries to pull them apart with just his strength, but he can't budge an inch. "Surface tension." Law says matter of factly.

He looks at me enticingly, "Keep going."

I concentrate water into my finger tip and release the built up pressure. The bullet of water flies over one hundred feet and shatters a five foot boulder.

I decide to show him a few stronger abilities. I form a circle against my chest, "Mizu Mizu Blood Bend."

Law's body goes rigid and I lift him skyward. I shift is body into a standing position. Something in Law shatters.

"Put me down!" Law growls. I feel him strain against my hold. "I am tired of being controlled!"

I take this opportunity to act on a gut feeling. I lower him down and look into his bitter yellow eyes, "Tell me what happened to you."

Law eyes widen for only a second, "What makes you think something bad happened to me?"

My voice goes soft, "Your eyes look like mine."

His mouth parts.

My eyes fill with conviction stare Law down.

He closes his mouth still angry but nods, "Fine but I want to see this water body ability first. It seem like one of your strongest."

I release him and he joins me back in the sand. I form my circle and focus all my energy into my body, "Water body."

I rush of power flows over me as my body turns into the translucent blue of the ocean, my hair grows and turns a dark midnight blue, and my eyes turn sapphire.

Law reaches for my hand and tries to grasp it but his hand just slips through. His hand travels up to my face and a increase the tension so he can grab a strand of my hair.

He rubs it in between his fingers, "Your detail and control is impressive. You can see each individual waves of your hair. Most users just morph into a single entity but you are so detailed. Why do you grow you hair out in this form?"

I start to return to my human form, "Figure it would help hide my true identity in a fight."

He look at me with doubt, "Are you sure?"

I knit my eyebrows together. What did that mean?

I look at him suspiciously, "You are stalling Trafalgar."

He give a slight smile, "You are just like Luffy with this sort of thing. Persistent as hell."

He sits cross legged and leans his chin against his folded hands, "I guess it all started back in my home country of Flevance. The town made a profit by selling Amber Lead products. The substance that caused the city to thrive was also its down fall. Amber Lead was found to be poisonous and the illness peaked when I was ten. Everyone in the village had Amber Lead poisoning and the Government said that it was contagious and Flevance was to be exterminated. Lying bastards; it was a poison not a virus. My parents were both shot and my sister was burned alive in the hospital. I only escaped by hiding in a body of corpses."

His eyes glaze over as he stares out into the ocean lost in the memory, "I had a death sentence after that. I only had three years to live. During those three years I wanted to kill as many people as a could trying to get my revenge. So I joined Doflamingo's crew. It wasn't the most welcoming crew. Doflamingo's brother Corazon threw me out a window the first day. I tired to get the bastard back by stabbing him, something that I could have died for because it was a traitorous act against the crew. For some reason Corazon never told Doflamingo about it. I learned why a while later."

Law removes his hat revealing the messy raven hair beneath, One day Baby5 and Buffalo were bothering me about what my name was so I gave in and told them so they would leave me along. Trafalgar D. Water Law. Corazon snatched me up right after that and lectured me. He told me that what my. . . our name really meant. That the D clan was natural enemies of the World Nobles and if Doflamingo every found out I would be killed. I ran to tell Doflamingo but something made me not. Almost as if I was returning the favor for him not telling Doflamingo that I stabbed him. That night when everyone was asleep Cora-san kidnapped me. His goal was to heal my illness. At that time I only had 6 more months to live. Every hospital Cora-san brought me refused to treat me thinking I was contagious. Cora-san would get pissed and the doctors and beat the hell out of them. Everything changed when Cora-san got a call from Doflamingo saying that the Ope Ope no Mi was found."

I note the name change that Law gave Corazon showing that Law could actually care for someone. " The Ope Ope no Mi has the ability to modify the human bodies, which in theory meant that it could heal any disease. When we found the the island the fruit was on, I was barely clinging to life. Cora-san was able to get the fruit and forced me to eat it. After that he collapsed because of the bullet and stab wounds he had gotten from the retrieval. He risked his life for me. Cora-san gave me an secret message to give to the marines. I tried to but ended up giving it to Doflamingo's secret agent Vergo. When Vergo went off to get Doflamingo, Cora-san hid me in a treasure chest and used the Nagi Nagi no Mi for form a silence barrier around me so no one would find me. He told me he loved me and closed the lid and shut me in."

Law ran his through his hair and and clamped his fist in it. He voice shook just barely, "Cora-san told me not to worry and that Doflamingo would never kill him, but when Doflamingo came it was a different story. Cora-san revealed that he was a marine, heh like I didn't know that already. Cora-san tried to convince Doflamingo that I already escaped and that he only wanted me to be free. Doflamingo shot him just like he shot his own father. Ever since then I wanted revenge. I planned for such a long time only to have it blown up in my face and had to have Straw Hat-ya save me."

He plays with the rim of his hat, "I can't express how gratefully that I met Straw Hat-ya." I swear Law blushes.

He looks down hard at his hat, "All the trouble we went through might of been for nothing now that your crew thinks that the Government may be creating artificial logia devil fruit. All that work for nothing." He says hauntingly.

I give Law a reassuring smile, "Luffy defeated Doflamingo though and took down the SMILE factory. You no longer have to worry about that."

Law looks down, "You have a point Miss Dracule."

I couldn't stand seeing Law so hurt I did the only thing sensible in the situation. I gave Law a hug.

I scoot over to Law and wrapped my arms around his waist and rest my chin on his shoulder.

I feel Law tense but then melt into the warm embrace wrapping both arms around my waist, holding the back of my neck with one and resting his own chin on my shoulder.

Law squeezes me tight and whispers into my ear, "Thank you Arya."

I squeeze back and whisper, "Anytime Law."

*Zoro*

What the hell is taking them so long? What could they possibly be doing?

Nami's comment comes back to my mind.

No she would never do anything like that with someone she barely knew. Right?

I pace in the sand as everyone else is setting up. The beach now has a makeshift bar and grill, a huge fire pit in the middle, lights strung up, chairs scattered in the sand and tropical flowers everywhere.

Everyone has switched into summer clothing, hell Nami even got me to wear blue shorts and a floral yellow shirt that I refuse to button up.

I snap to attention as two familiar figures catch my eye. Law is walking dangerous close to Arya. He leans down a little says something and smirks. A huge smile consumes her face and she laughs.

No way. .  It took me weeks to get her to do that. She has only known him for a few hours.

Arya leaves Law alone under a palm tree and walks over to the girls and whispers and points subtly back to Law. The girls snicker among themselves. Nami and Robin then lead Arya into the forest.

I stomp over to Law and glare at him, "What did you do to Arya?"

A devilish grin pulls to his face, "Nothing bad Zoro-ya."

He leans down slightly and talks softly into my ear, "I have to admit Arya is one hell of a kisser."

My body scream that he is lying. I almost pull my blade on him but he turns his head and whistles, "Arya you look stunning"

I turn quickly and just stare. It feels like this is the first time I am actually seeing her. She is wearing a black dress with purple floral print on it that falls mid thigh showing off her long legs. The two thin straps that hold the dress up are connect to a heat shape neck showing of her breasts. Her golden locket rests on her chest and her hair pin gleaming in the lights. Her eyes seem to shimmer and her her pale rose petal lips are pulls into an embarrassed smile.

Law is right she is stunning but I failed to say anything and just gawk at her.

Luffy jumps on a table and throw his hands into the air, "The guests of honor are here! Let's get this party started!"

The crowd cheers.

I watch in silence as I sit against a palm tree and swallow me 9th mug of sake. Everyone seems to be having so much fun. Sanji is tending the bar, Nami and Jean Bart are having a drinking contest which Nami is easily winning, Usopp, Chopper, Penguin, Shachi, and Luffy have formed some sort of conga line, Franky is showing off his bionics to a few Heart Pirates I don't know, Robin is dancing with a few to be polite, and Brooks is playing lively music.

That bastard Law is just leaning back and watching the whole thing with Arya. They have been like that all night. Close and friendly with each other. It pissed me off.

Law reaches his arm around Arya causally and Arya doesn't seem to notice or mind at all she just laughs and smiles.

I slam my tenth mug into the sand, not getting the affect I wanted.

What the hell was so good about Law? What the hell does he have that I don't have!

I chug my eleventh mug trying to drowned my feelings of jealously, anger, and sadness away.

Why does she have this affect on me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Law make his debut! Bet you didn't see that one coming! Hehe! New love interest for Arya or just Law being Law and messing with everyone lives?

I had to rewrite this chapter thanks to wattpad erasing it. *Shakes fist in anger*

I hope you liked this chapter. If there is anything I can do to make it better let a girl know. If you want to see something happen let a girl know and I will try to twist that in there.

Give me some feedback let me know what you love and what you hate!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 795 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
128K 5.2K 49
having a childish captain was enough of a responsibility for the strawhats, but having another childish crew member that wants to play god is even mo...
407K 17.5K 119
As (Y/N) is sent out on a mission for a whale named "Laboon" with her childhood friend Vivi, She encounters a particular crew that piques her intere...
40 4 3
Days before the Straw Hats arrive at the mysterious island of Zou, they first encounter a tremendous naval vessel called the 'Buddha Dawn,' captained...