Cruel Mate (Under Editing)

By s_lester1121

Pain. The one emotion, the one feeling that can bring the strongest or mightiest to their knees. Pain comes... More

An Almost Normal Day
Some Mate You Are
Loneliness and Beatings
Walking On the Line of Death
Running Out of Time
Findings and Discoveries
Author's Note
The Story We Don't Know
This Isn't a Goodbye
Sneak Peak

Mate

9.7K 307 28
By s_lester1121

Isaac's POV

I was on my computer checking on the pack's finances when I heard knocking at my office door. I sniffed the air and caught my Beta Peter's scent. "Come in Peter." My door bursts open and Peter runs to a brown leather chair situated in front of my desk.

"Hey Issac, whatcha doin'?"

"Pete, I don't have time for your nonsense. As you can see, I'm busy with work."

"I know, but I'm bored. This pack never does anything fun."

"Pete, don't you have border patrol?"

"I finished my shift. Isaac, can't we go do something fun?" He always talks in a whiney voice when he is trying to be annoying.

"Pete, you know this pack didn't become the biggest and strongest from goofiness. We can't have people slacking or causing more trouble than we already have."
"But Isa-"
"Drop it Pete. We need to talk about serious matters. The rogues are becoming a bigger problem." Gone was my Beta's craziness and he was now in serious mode. That's what makes my Beta one-of-a-kind. He is a clown most of the time but when it comes to the pack, you would think he has never smiled before. Peter can be cruel sometimes, but I consider myself worse.

My pack, the Blood Rose pack, is the strongest pack in North America. I'm the Alpha, Isaac Collins. Everybody considers me cruel, evil, vile... the list goes on, but my pack isn't in the shape it is now because of kindness and coddling. We're tough, and nobody dares to mess with us because they know the consequences. My pack is treated like royalty, which I personally despise.

One of our major status booster is the fact that we have major connevtions to the Council of Elders.

The greatest supernatural beings on the planet is the Council of Elders. It consists of every supernatural thing in the world. The council creates the laws of the land. The only reason I have connections to them is because my father was on it. After the incident, my uncle took over his position.

Onto my current situation. Pete was looking livid already knowing the rogues were up to devious schemes. "The rogues have been taking women and children from different packs. Days later, the bodies are found on the doorstep of the pack houses mutilated and unrecognizable."
"How are they getting past border patrols? Are they getting through at night?" "Different packs have all their warriors on border patrol and they still get by in broad daylight. No scents can be found and no tracks can be seen." Pete looked like he could kill.

My beta is loyal and will fight for anyone pure and good. Pete lost his parents to rogues and has vowed to keep his sister safe at all costs. Pete would kill every last rogue if possible.

"I was sent a video from the Dawn Shadow pack. Watch very closely." I turned the tv on that's on the left wall. The video started and you could see the forest. Suddenly, 3 women appeared walking aimlessly around the woods while talking. Suddenly, each woman was knocked out and were being dragged out of site. The screen turned to black and I clicked the TV off.

"Those little mutts are using something to disguise themselves on camera! When I get my hands on those sick, twisted, basta-"

"I know Pete, I feel the same. We need to take precautions. Up training to 3 times a week and work them harder. Increase border patrol and have guards outside the house. We cannot let innocent pack members be killed."

"Alpha, if an oncoming war is going to happen, we need to have other warriors prepared to come. Specifically other packs."

"I've already got that planned out. I'm going to a meeting tomorrow with the Alpha from the Night Mist pack and I'm staying for a couple days. We have many allies but they are the strongest and closest pack. We also have a treaty with that pack."

" But Issac, who am I going annoy while you're gone?" Serious Pete has left the building folks.

Sighing, I rub my face while replying, "Pete, I have no time for this. You're in charge while I'm gone. That means no parties, no messes, no allowing others in my office and STAY AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN. We don't want the same mistake to happen like last time."

"You're no fun Isie-poo! Can I at least have a small get together?"

"Last time you had one, I come home to find the whole house trashed, girls with minimal clothing passed out everywhere, and beer covering everything. You're lucky I didn't kill you."

"Awww, you love me too much to kill me!" I muttered a few choice words but shook my head anyways. I pushed myself up out of my chair and stretched my back before saying, "Peter, get out of my office. I'm exhausted and need my rest for the trip tomorrow. Go to sleep and no sneaking out or you're own border patrol for 72 hours straight."

"Goodnight to you too Mr.Grumpy Pants."

My beta kept muttering incoherent things while walking out. I can't believe that doofus is my best friend.

I walked up to my room, changed and plopped on the bed. As soon as I hit the pillow, I was out.

*Next Day*

"Isaac, take me with youuuuu!" Peter is the most annoying person in the world. He's practically begging to go with me. Why I had to be stuck with him, I don't know.

"Peter, it's way to early for your shenanigans. I'm leaving, you're staying. If I don't go now I'll be late. Bye Beta." Peter pouts but doesn't say anything else.

I hop in the drivers seat of my SUV. I take one last look at the pack house before pulling out of the garage and speeding down the driveway. I have 2 hours to myself and my thoughts run to my mate. I wonder where she is? Has she found someone else? I let those thoughts run rampant in my mind all the way there.

Once I crossed their territory, wolves ran beside the vehicle all the way to the pack house. I parked the car, grabbed my bag and took one final breath before opening the door and stepping out.

"Welcome Alpha Collins to the Nigh Mist pack. We are very grateful to have you here with us."

"Nice to meet you. I'm assuming you are Alpha Hale. Let's get on with business." Hale looked taken back because of my bluntness, but he composed himself. "Right this way Alpha."

The inside of the house looked nice, but could use a cleaning.

We walked up 3 flights of stairs before we got to his office. He opened the door and allowed me to walk in first. The office was small and everything was plain. Figures, considering this pack is known to be very bland. "Please, sit and we'll get started."

"Where's your beta? I prefer to fill him in on our situation."

"Hold on and I'll call him." I sit there impatiently, my temper starting to take over my thoughts.

The Beta of any pack is required to greet other alphas, but this beta obviously doesn't care.

"Hello, Jackson. Come up here right now, Alpha Collins wishes to speak with you. What do you mean you're busy? We'll take care of the problem. Nobody cares about it, just go ahead and get rid of it. Okay, bye."

What an interesting conversation. "I'm sorry Alpha, but my beta can't be here. There is a problem in the dungeon and he is taking care of it. Shall we car-"

"If the problem is that big, let's go see it. I'm sure I can fix it."

"N-no Alpha I'm sure we u-uh we uh don't need you to help. It's all good."

"I'm demanding you take me down there." This alpha is hiding something. I can tell my his increased heart beat and he reeks of fear.

I got up heading for the door but Hale blocked it. I'm fed up with his disrespect and secretive nature. I'm contemplating burning the treaty and leaving before I sense something odd, it's making my wolf restless.

I push him out of the way and use my wolf senses to locate the dungeons. I walk back down the stairs and find a closet. I open the door and find a trap door in the floor. This is an odd place for a dungeon but considering how unorganized this pack is I'm not surprised. I hurriedly crawl down the ladder and look around. There is empty cells but I can smell fresh blood.

I take a big sniff and faintly smell of honey and vanilla. I follow the scent down many corridors till it ends at a room with guards placed outside. This prisoner must be very important. I walk to the door and try to open it but the guards try to stop me.

"I am Alpha Collins of the Blood Rose pack and I am kindly asking you to let me in this cell."

They stood there pretending they didn't hear me. Looks like I'm going to have to force myself in there.

I easily knock them out and try to get in but I need a passcode. I hear Garrett yelling at guards to restrain me but I'm getting angrier by the second. I crack my knuckles and jump a little before I kick the door down.

Laying on a table is a girl covered in blood looking almost dead. Sticking out of her arm is a needle filled with... Wolfsbane. It's going to kill her.

My wolf, Xavier, comes out of his dormant state and is very pissed. I sniff the air and one word pops in my mind. "Mate." The girl looked my way before shutting her eyes. I had to do something and fast. She's dying.

I ran to her a and saw she was restrained by cuffs on the table. I ripped them off of her and felt my hands burning. The damn fools covered the handcuffs in freakin' Wolfsbane. I don't care and continue with what I was doing.

"Save mate! Hurry!" Xavier was shouting in my head. I held her hands and started begging her to stay alive.

"Please, stay with me! You can stay awake. Please baby, don't die." She fluttered her eyes open and gave ,me a look before she closed them again. Her heartbeat is getting fainter and slower by the second.

"Get the pack doctor! Hurry or I'll kill every last person here!" The girl's heart gave one faint beat then faded away. Tears started springing from my eyes and made me all the more frustrated.

" Please God, let her live. Come on, you have to fight this. Please!" I was all but screaming now and in a final act I furiously started CPR. I was so caught up in chest compressions that I didn't hear the door open and the pack doctor step through. I was roughly yanked from my precious mate and restrained by all my warriors.

I have lost all hope. The pack doctor is trying everything but he seems frustrated himself. I knew one last option I had and it was a risky one. I must call Clara, the witch.

The only problem is that nobody in the world knows where she is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I have been gone for so long. I've started high school and have remained very busy. I'm sure you'll are upset but don't worry, I will not leave till the story is done.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Did you like/dislike something about this? Just comment your opinion.

Song at the top is Say Something- A Great Big world

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Margo By Elle

Werewolf

2.8M 74.4K 35
Cassandra's everyday life was a nightmare. Her mom eloped with a human lover, and her dad drank himself to death. Left with a brother who doesn't giv...
2.6K 108 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
10.1M 349K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
239 15 20
Well then... Skyelar I'm not the one who dreams about meeting their mate. Or living in a pack, dutifully filling out their pack rank. As soon as I fi...