The Neighbour Downstairs

By hesinlwtheart

Harry loves a good party. But letโ€™s be honest: a party every weekend from Friday to Sunday in the floor downs... More

Note & Copyrighting
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meetings
Chapter 3: Meet the neighbour

Chapter 2: Stars thoughts

129 4 2
By hesinlwtheart

One thing you should know about Harry Styles is that he does not sign his books. Yes they have an author's name in the cover but it's an aliases. For those who don't know an aliases is when a person uses a fake name because she doesn't want to be recognized to the public eye.

Harry very much likes his privacy indeed, he likes to be able to walk down the street without cameras being shoved in his face, go to the grocery shop without being followed by anyone, having dinner at the local restaurant with his mates without people approaching him every five minutes to ask for pictures or an autograph, basically Harry likes to live his everyday life like a normal 24 year old lad.

Also the mystery led his books into a whole new dimension. He was no Nicholas Sparks, no his books didn't make it to movies, at least not yet, but the fact that no one knew what Harry looked like, if he was an old man with grease hair and a white beard, of if he was a business man trying to escape his office routine, or even if he was in fact a girl. No one knew his name or face and the appealing of reading his books in the hope of understanding and maybe finding out who this mysterious author was made people buy and ask for more books.

Of course some people knew that Octavius L. Palark was in fact Harry Styles, his family, that included his mom and sister, his two best mates, and of course his publicist and manager. For the outside world Octavius is probably an elderly man with amazing life experience that's just too old and embarrassed to show his face, at least that was what the most recent E!News report said about him.

Harry remembers being at the local cafe, eating his blueberry muffin and sipping his green tea when the news came up, he laughed so hard that people thought he was crazy just laughing to himself, but he couldn't help it. The speculation by social media, and paparazzi, and magazines, and tv shows of whom this author really was amused Harry because they couldn't be more far from the truth.

Harry doesn't do book signings and in interviews he pulls a Sia card! His face was never shown to the public eye and the curly boy likes it that way.

So It was not difficult for Harry to write love stories, he found it easy to say the words everyone was looking forward to read and hear, it was very simple for him to make up a couple and the romance between them. He sometimes went to the park outside his house and just looked around for couples on a walk, having a picnic; he once observed a fight that ended up in a massive snogging session, Cliché much Harry thought at the time.

One thing Harry learned through the years of experience is that people search for clichés, they search for that kiss in the rain at night, for that knock on the window at 3am, for the hearts and flowers after a fight, for the pizza at random ours just because, for the displays of affection in public, they search for everything they don't have but desperately want.

It was all he was looking forward really.

The thing was: Harry wrote about love even though he never proper experienced it himself. He never felt the butterflies in his tummy, the heart trying to escape in his chest and beating like it would explode, the lack of air in his lungs like he would collapse any second, the dizzy brain with the thoughts of that person, the body shaking from the lack of touch, the sleepless nights wondering what that person was doing and how their next encounter would be, the replaying of every single moment over and over again in his mind.

Harry never fell in love.

He had people which whom he had relationships in the last couple of years of course and he liked them very much but loved was a different story. He loved his mom and sister but the love that makes you do stupid crazy stuff Harry never felt it. He never experienced it and the desire for that to happen burned through his bones like wild fire.

Which brought his thoughts back to this morning with the blue eye lad. He faintly remembers how he felt afterwards, that loud and almost painful thing in his chest beating like crazy. It was the most he ever felt for a stranger. Weird Harry thought.

It's not like the tall boy didn't want to fell in love. He did. He wanted that like nothing else. He just hasn't yet. Maybe he didn't find someone to completely turn his world apart, or maybe the world really did wanted Harry to end up alone.

Shrugging it off like he did most of the times with his every day encounters and emotions Harry resumed with his bored and non inspirational life.

It was a Friday night and Harry just hopes that for once he has a quite weekend. He hopes that he gets home, goes to bed and just sleeps like a peaceful angel. That was all Harry could ask for after his awful day. But no, all the aligned stars determined that this was not Harry's day.

The hope Harry carried when he entered his apartment is gone within 5 minutes when the loud music starts pounding in his ears. Why does he even puts up with this?!

He swears he doesn't understand how the human body can handle so many parties and alcohol every single weekend but the truth is that it's possible. Not for Harry because he drops dead with just two glasses of whatever alternative substance he drinks besides juice or water but for some people I guess it takes three days to get himself proper smashed.

With the music feeling his senses Harry knows this weekend is going to be hell and his bad mood increases even more. He's pissed that the downstairs guy is such a prick who doesn't respect other people! And why didn't anyone else complained about this?! At least his front door neighbour could say something he also lives under the arrogant and has to put up with it right ?!

Making his way to his front door Harry is on a mission. Knocking on the door that marks 2B lightly the boy waits for it to open. When it does he speaks carefully and in his usual slow voice:

"Hm Hello, good evening. I'm Harry from across the hall. I apologize for the intrusion but could you answer me something?"

"Yeah, sure." A blonde guy with about 37 years old replies. He was probably sitting in the couch drinking some bears and eating chips because his black t-shirt is crinkled and full of crumbles. His hair is starting to fall, probably from the stress of his work Harry assumes. He's wearing some old grey sweatpants that are way looser then it should be in a normal person, his feet are bare and Harry cringes because god Harry really dislike feet.

"Well it seems that our downstairs neighbour has a party every weekend and well I was just wondering if it didn't bother you?" Harry spoke, irritation laced his words.

"Oh Louis' parties!" So the obnoxious kid name was Louis Harry concluded now being able to put a name to a blurred face he just saw a couple of times. "No not at all mate, he's the man! He invites me to every single one of them, he's a decent lad. You should drop by sometime Harry."  The guy laughed: "The more the merrier". Blondy gave the curly boy a full on grin and Harry was just really astonished by the response he received.

"I-I'll think about it yeah okay cool. Thanks"

"N'problem" Harry slowly turned away at that making his way to his apartments and heard his front neighbour door close.

Now he understands why the downstairs boy never had problems with anyone! Barbara is always in the hospital leaving Harry and the blonde guy next door in the building alone with the asshole and of course he invites him to his parties just to make sure he isn't in trouble! Unbelievable! Oh but he will get in trouble with Harry.

Quickly grabbing his keys, wallet and phone from the kitchen counter Harry makes his way out of the apartment once again with his thoughts wondering back  to the kid downstairs.

Harry never met the guy. He only saw him twice, once he was leaving the building with his hair all over the place and a hangover look on his face with shades covering his eyes and the second time Harry was entering the building from his long walks to the park and saw the boy at his door with some blond hair person. Probably Harry's front neighbour the green lad now assumes.

Harry questions himself how can the boy who doesn't seem to care about much afford a whole floor. Maybe the bloke is into some illegal business? Maybe he sells drugs? Harry gets a bit creped out with his own thoughts but decides to shrug it off. The boy didn't seem that type the 2 times Harry saw him.

Harry decides on going to a pizza parlour, he was not in the mood for cooking for himself and being in his apartment was not an option. Arriving at the restaurant it wasn't that busy and immediately Harry chooses a small booth near the window.

A blonde girl in a ponytail with a red shirt, black pants and red apron appears in front of him within minutes and she's ready to write Harry's order down. He opts on pepperoni pizza with a lemon and mint juice. Maybe he should have called his friends to come with him, if was Friday and a lads night will be good. He hasn't seen Niall or Liam for a while and he misses the boys.

You see Harry, Liam and Niall are like the three Musketeers. They met in University when Harry was 18 and Liam and Niall both 19, and since then they have been inseparable. They've always been lads doing lads stuff until the day they graduated and become serious business men like Harry likes to call them. Of course that when they hang out it's still the same old banter from their teenage years but always in a more controlled environment where there's no one puking his guts in the nearest bush or toilet.

Liam is now a lawyer, currently working for a well known company in London. He's been pretty successful so far with a success rating of 97%. Not bad for a lad with 25 years of age.

With his chocolate honey eyes and soft brown hair Liam was what Niall liked to call him a discreet ladies man. Women used to float around the boy from Wolverhampton like he was fresh bate in the vast ocean. He never searched for the attention it just landed in his lap, sometimes quite literally, like apples land on the ground when they fall from the trees. He never really enjoyed it so he used to pass it down to his Irish best friend Niall leaving him with the glory and the blonde with the real action.

The blonde guy with blue eyes was all up for a good party and getting laid back in Uni, always scoring when they went out to parties or just simple drinks at the local bar. Now at the age of 25 he left that life and started his own business has a psychiatrist.

Harry remembers that when he first met the boy he laughed until his eyes were filled with tears and his lungs screaming for oxygen when he found out what Niall's major was! He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that the party boy wanted to be something so serious and important like that. All Harry could do was wish him the best of luck and amazing friendship in the hope that he achieved his dreams. And the same applied for Liam. So here they were now, six years later and with their dream jobs in hand, the three lads achieved their goals for now.

Finishing his dinner with his best friends lingering in his thoughts, Harry's heart felt a void and he needed something to fill it up. The blonde girl appears once again with Harry's bill and he immediately pays. Making his way to the front door he wonders where to go next. Home is forbidden but at 9pm there's not much he could do.

His feet drag him to the park in front of his building apartment. He seems torn between sitting on the bench and lying in the grass.

He chooses the second option, not caring if the wetness of the night in the grass would ruin his clothes. He chooses to feel the tickles of the fresh cut grass in his body, the soft blowing of the wind in his curls, the smell of the flowers planted near the place Harry was laying in; he watches how the branches of the tree next to him seem to dance with the wind in a slow and almost melancholic way, he watches how some leaves fall and are blown with the wind for far far away.

Harry watches the stars and how they shine, how the bright light coming from them seems to hurt his eyes if he stares at them for too long, how some seem to fade away into the night and others just pop up like they are meant for something extra, something more than just to appear every night and illuminate the dark skies. He wonders the reason why that happens, he wonders if the ones that fade away it's because they never found their better half and just disappear into the void unloved and unappreciated.

Harry wonders if that's what his future looks likes.

After his brain cells stop the rambling he slowly removes his phone from his pocket and dials a number. One ring. Two rings. The tears are now appearing in his powerful green eyes. Three rings. Please pick up. Four rings.

"Harry?" A sweet voice calls from the other end of the line and Harry finally lets his tears fall freely into his cheeks.

"M-mom" the boy lets out a choked sob.

A/N: cliff hanger I know I'm sorry! Next one will bring surprises ha x

I'm on holidays at the beach so I'll be updating every Sunday now, so I can write a proper chapter during the week, revise it and then Sunday is fun time for you beautiful people!

Anyways, your thoughts on chapter 2?

All the love as always, Alex .xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.4K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1M 39.5K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
384K 23.3K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
143K 4K 57
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...