Just A Fling™(BWWM Fan-Fic)(E...

By Katty_Empire

Just read, trust me it's a must. I had a description for this book, but Wattpad wanna act funny and delete so... More

Home
Welcome Back
Miami
So I Found You...
Engaged!
Meeting My Past
Say it!
Touch
Game On!
Unexpected
Unexpected Pt.2
Leaving so soon...
It's been so long...
Humble abode
Joelle
You again?
Turning Point
Wake up please...
My Secretary
Release...
I'm Back!
I'm Back (continued)
Saying Buh Bye!
Back in My Neck of The Woods
Reoccurring Nightmare
The Man
Taken
Taken 2
The Epilogue: The End Of A Movement
Last Words

Meeting Someone New

4.5K 214 11
By Katty_Empire

Joseph POV

I woke to the sounds of Jojo singing The Little Einstein's. I looked around and saw no Kate. Oh no...where is she? I leaned up a little and saw a note in the chair. What if she left and is never coming back? Why did I have to bring that up yesterday. I picked up the note and it read:

Joseph I know you're going to be upset that I left, but there was an emergency at the Playhouse that needed to be handled. I promise you that I will be back as soon as I handle this situation.

Love,
Kate

"She's right about the love part." I whispered to myself.

"Daddy!" My Jojo came over and jumped onto the bed.

"Jojo!" I exclaimed pulling her into my tight hold.

"Daddy...I missed you. I thought you weren't going to wake up but Miss Kate told me that God was going to wake you up and all I had to do was be patient. I think I can go fishing now! I'm patient! "She exclaimed. Wow she did take good care of her. She didn't give up on me. I could feel her presence ever day but I couldn't open my eyes.

"Yes you can go fishing as soon as I'm out of here." She smiled and started to jump up and down.

"Wait! Stop jumping baby girl daddy's still hurting." I said to my daughter and she threw herself onto my neck with a death grip like hug.

"Miss Kate said that a hug a day will keep the pain away." She smiled. It amazes me how great she is with kids.

"Miss Kate told you a lot of things?"She nodded her head in response. The door opened and our heads went flying in the direction of the source. My Secretary.

Kate POV

I had finally made it back to little ole DUB, and I was on my way to the Playhouse. Kyla had called in the middle of the night and she said we had an emergency and I had to be there to handle it. I didn't even stop by my house, I decided to go straight to the Playhouse.

Once there I walked in and walked up to my office. I finally made it up the stairs and opened the door. To my left I see Kyla and my right, on the couch, was a little girl with a head full of hair and pretty Brown skin. And what looked to be fresh new clothes.

"Kyla what's going on? What's the emergency?" I asked watching the little girl. She couldn't be no older than 5 or 6.

"Well....Kate we found this little girl. She didn't know where her parents were. She said that they were coming to get her but they haven't come back yet. Either they got hurt somewhere or they just up and abandoned her. She also gave me a note and I want you to read it." I walked over and grabbed the dirty little paper and it read:

Kate...I know this may seem like a lot to ask but I want you to keep my child. I can't take care of her and I knew you would take better care of her than any adoption agency. I didn't want to put her through that. Her name is Makita and she's 7 years old. Please take good care of her. Her birth certificate is in the envelope. I signed it over to you in your name. Please forgive me. Since attending your program I've wanted to change my life so I moved to another state away from my abusive family. Although I escaped them I couldn't take the girl so I just left her to you. One day I'll be back to see how she's doing, but I have to make it in this world.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

Oh my god. I have a child in my custody. A child I know nothing about. No parents or anything. I pictured my first child coming from me, but this changes my whole life. I don't know anything about taking care of children. Sure holding a child for a while but being responsible for their life.

I looked at the little girl again. She was adorable. I couldn't just send her away and say that I didn't want her. She looked as though she could've been my daughter. Long hair in two long braids. Layed edges. She looked as though she had some Indian in her as well.

I walked over to the little girl and kneeled before her. "Hey Makita, can I call you Kita?" The little girl nodded. "I'm Kate and her over there is my cousin Kyla. I'm going to be taking care of you for a while. You can come to my house and we could do all the girly things like: paint nails, play with dolls, play princess...would you want that?" She nodded again and said in a small voice.

"Yes." I nearly cried at her voice it was so soft and innocent. I couldn't, I just had to keep her. I just feel this bond to her and it's so foreign to me.

"Ok...let's get you out of here and we can go for some ice cream." She smiled and a tear almost escaped my eye. Happiness. A blessing in disguise. I reached for her hand and walked with her down the stairs and out the door. I put her in the backseat and got in the driver's side. I pulled off to Scoops.

After having our ice cream and me asking her little questions that she could understand. Like what her favorite color was, which is blue. Who her favorite princess was, which was princess Tiana. Cute, good thing I have that movie somewhere in my house. And more minor questions to get a feel of what she likes. She was actually pretty smart for her age. I was no where near as smart at that age. All I knew is how to eat. I wasn't a very bright starter, but it kicked in once I made it to the 5th grade.

I needed to know as much as I can so that I would be able to possibly decorate her new room. We made it to the house and I helped her out. She was smiling so brightly at her new home.

"Wow!" She said breathlessly. I chuckled.

"Let's get you inside shall we." We made it in and I asked, "Do you wanna watch a cartoon while I fix us something to eat?"

"Yes mam." She said.

"Whatcha wanna watch?" I asked.

"Sponsbob Sware pants." Aww she had the cutest smile on her face. Her pronunciations would literally make you fall in love.

"Ok." I turned the tv to Nickelodeon and low and behold 'Sponsbob Sware Pants'.

I walked back to the kitchen and grabbed the ingredients for the spaghetti. My mom texted me and told me that she and my grandmother were coming over later to see my new found treasure. I decided to call Joseph and let him know who the emergency was about.

RING RING RI-

"Hello. Kate what was the emergency? Is everything ok up there? Is anyone hurt?" He asked quickly with so much urgency in his voice. He sounded stressed.

"Yeah I'm fine and no one is hurt, but I have to tell you something very important." I said and I started to chew on my nails.

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything." I could tell he was on edge.

"I have a daughter....now." I said as the other end went silent for a while.

"I don't understand....you have a daughter now? How can you have one now and not know?" He asked.

"The little girl was the emergency. Her mother went to my program and took my advice to the next level. I don't even know who her mother is. but she left her in my custody. Her names Makita and she's watching Spongebob right now. You will see her soon. but just know that you will fall in love instantly...just like I did. I can't give her away Joseph, but I know nothing about raising a daughter. I only know a few things about her and that's just because I wanted her to have a room customized to make her more comfortable." I sounded like a lost rambling puppy.

"So...she's not your blood daughter? The woman just left her? When do you plan on coming back? I want to meet the little girl who stole your heart before me." He stated in a pointy voice.

"Soon...very soon. And when you see her don't give her the sympathy act. She's really smart and understands." I said

"Ok...can't wait to see you both. Love you." He said.

What do I say?

"See you later Joseph." I said I heard a long sigh on the other end before he spoke again.

"My Secretary came by today. " I instantly stilled and listened closely.

"And? What did she say?" I may have to pay a visit earlier than planned.

"The whole sympathy act. She even offered her services. I made her leave before she started to grope me in front of Jojo." She disgusted me. All his whores did.

"Mmm ok." Was all I could say thinking of the bad things I could do to her, her home, or her eyebrows.

"Kate don't be mad." He said.

"I'm not mad at you...I'm mad at her. I'll see you in a couple of days ok?" I said.

"Ok." He hung up. I got back to fixing the food.

After finishing up our meal my mother and grandma came by and met Kita. They left after like three hours of Kita entertaining them. Although I insisted that she stay in her new room, she asked if she could sleep with me. And I'm a fool for puppy dog eyes so I said yes. We went to sleep in my nice queen sized bamboo bed.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 2.1K 48
For nine years, the world has been at peace without the presence of mutants until 2238, when one returns. Chaos ensues at Blackstone Academy, and Tro...
11K 327 28
I'm throwing you into a book and I hope you understand it. Good luck. Thank you.
28.2K 475 14
Roman Reigns a.k.a. Samoan Superman has everything that he wants in his life. He has a beautiful wife named Galina Becker, and a daughter named, Joel...
166K 6.2K 32
Joe and Charlotte were college sweethearts but an unexpected surprise causes them to break up. 6 years later, they meet again and Joe wants a chance...