Willow's Point

By Shiverz

Kaitlin Daniels lost her parent's in a fire when she was only sixteen. Now she is eighteen and alone. That's... More

Chapter 2: He's infuriating
Chapter 3: The Gentleman
Chapter 4: 'You are mine'
Chapter 5: Just say it!
Chapter 6: Runaway Mate!
Chapter 7: Lockdown
Chapter 8: "Kaitlin the naive"
Chapter 9: Got you where I want you
Chapter 10: Mine Forever
Chapter 11: Meeting Him
Chapter 12: On the run!
Chapter 13: A Promise he won't break
Chapter 14: Seducing Bain
Chapter 15: Planning her return
Chapter 16: Pink cross
Chapter 17: Dead eyes
Chapter 18: Dying
The Winters wolves
Epilogue

Chapter 1: Willow's Point

843K 4.7K 466
By Shiverz

Hey Everyone! All I ask is to please comment and vote for my story if you can. I don't like negative comments and ask you to please refrain from saying mean things. I did not write the poem. I found it online and thought it was beautiful. Enjoy!!!

"So bury me underneath the willow
Under the weeping willow tree
So that he may know where I am sleeping
And perhaps he’ll weep for me"

It was a beautiful day to be out walking. The leaves were just turning bright colors on the trees and the temperature was just right on my bare skin. I loved to walk but hated it when a lot of people were around when I was. Being a loner is all I’ve known since I was sixteen years old. Now at eighteen and a half, it hasn’t changed yet.

Being forced to grow up at such an early age really sucked. I lost friends and my on again off again boyfriend, Mason. I moved away to this small town, Harper’s Cave and just started to like it. I got a job in one day being here working at the local Diner. The tips were good and it kept me alive. I had nothing to really complain about.

I walked the one mile that took me to my favorite spot so far. Willow’s Point cemetery is the towns’ oldest cemetery dating back in the early 1800s. I liked to come here and sit at Addie Wallace’s grave. She had the biggest Weeping Willow tree behind her tomb stone. The willow was tall and hung all the way to the ground creating a hidden area from the rest of the grave yard. Addie had the best area.

I walked through the willow and looked at Addie’s grave. Her tomb stone was dirty so I wiped it with my hand. It read ‘Addie Wallace, Winston’s beloved, 1825. When I first read it, I walked the whole cemetery to find Winston but he wasn’t here. It made me kind of sad that he wasn’t buried with his love.

I sat down and leaned against the sturdy stone and began telling her about my day. I started with the cute guy I seen at the feed store and ended with the tips I made this evening. Everything was going good until I heard voices.

I stood up slowly and strained my ears to hear what they were saying. It was strange to hear anyone out here since me and the cemetery’s keeper, KC, were the only ones who visited on a regular basis. And KC wouldn’t be here until tomorrow morning.

The voices got close enough to where I could make out what was said.

“This is stupid. I need more field work than going out and reading fucking tomb stones.” A man’s voice said. By his voice, he sounded late twenties, early thirties. Most times I was right.

“I agree Laven but if we don’t do this, we lose the chance of catching the bastard.” Another man said. He sounded the same age but his voice was slightly deeper.

Through the willow, I watched where I heard the voices speaking and saw them coming closer. Both were dressed in black and had outfits like what a SWAT team member would wear. Both also had straps around their leg with a gun holstered to it. I began to get a little nervous and backed up. They came closer only stopping to read each stone. Addie’s stone was big but it wouldn’t be able to hide me completely and there was nowhere to run from being seen. I was stuck until they found me.

I sat back down against Addie’s stone like I was just relaxing. They were only a hundred feet in front of me and coming quick. “Shit!” One said and they both stopped. “He is here. 1841, Michael Soratos.”

He took a picture of it with his cell phone and they turned away from me walking back in the direction they came. I was still shaking from that close encounter five minutes later. I never even heard a car pull up or leave.

I made my way out of my hidden spot and went to the grave stone they were so interested in. It read, ‘Here lies Michael Soratos, 1841.’ Whatever was so important about it shouldn’t have given them much information to go on.

I checked my surroundings before taking the trail I used to always get here. It was further away from the main road and I liked it that way. The trail just so happened to end across the street at my house. I discovered it two days after coming here six months ago.

When I got home, I cut on the living room light and Muffin came out from under the couch to greet me. She was a beautiful calico cat I found abandoned. The owners that lived here before me left her to fend for herself. She was nothing but a skeleton until I nursed her back to health. Now she’s as fat as a pig.

I picked her up and let her rub her nose on mine purring. I smiled until something caught my eye at the window. It was raised up a half inch from the frame. I put Muffin down softly and looked around the small two bedroom cottage. Nothing was amiss but it definitely wasn’t right. Chills ran down my spine like a cold bucket of water dumped on me. I went to the window and shut it. I locked every window and door and even double checked to make sure I didn’t forget one. Feeling safer at the moment, I curled up on the couch and turned on the TV. Muffin and I watched re-runs of ‘I Love Lucy’ until I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke with a stiff neck from semi-soft couch. I took a hot shower and got ready for work before heading out the door. When I got to work, Heather was just clocking in. Heather was my age also and has been living here since her early teens. She was beautiful with long blonde hair, blue eyes, and tall. Me, I am short with long black hair, golden eyes and an olive complexion. People used to tell me I was pretty but I never saw it. I was ordinary around the flawless type girls.

“You have tables eight through fifteen today,” Heather said looking at the chart. I nodded and clocked in also. We both put on our aprons and got busy with the morning customers coming in. It was a busy morning like all the others, very noisy with the town’s people discussing their jobs amongst themselves. That was until three men walked in. They were normally dressed in blue jeans, boots and a shirt but the way everyone went silent, you’d think they were terrorists.

All three sat down at booth eleven. I looked at them and noticed not one of them were ugly. They were built like line-backers and very tall. One in particular had me swooning immediately. He was as tall as 6’5 if not taller. He has dark brown hair that curled around the edges of his neck and bright green eyes.

Apparently I wasn’t the only one who was swooning. Heather was fanning her face with her ordering pad staring in their direction. I shook my head at her and began heading over to take their order. I noticed before I made it to the table, everyone began their conversations again, just not as loud as before.

All three lifted their heads up from the menu as soon as I stopped in front of them. “Hi, I’m Kaitlin and I’ll be serving you this morning. What can I get you to drink?” I asked politely.

“I’ll have a rare steak and tea to drink,” the guy with short brown hair buzzed cut said. He was handsome but nothing like the one on the right.

I nodded and wrote it down. “I’ll have the same,” the black haired one said next to him. He had baby blue eyes cleaned shaved face like his buddy beside him. But something seemed so familiar about them. I knew I have never met them before because you can’t forget their looks. I shook the thought off so I could finish taking their orders.

I looked at the one on the right and noticed him staring hard at me. His gaze moved over my body before returning to my face causing me to blush a shade of red. “Rare steak and a coffee, Kitten,” he rumbled out. He was the guy most women pictured when day dreaming. He wasn’t cleaned shaved. He had a five o’clock shadow and it made him look dangerous.

I nodded and just realized he called me kitten. “My names Kaitlin, not kitten,” I said nicely.  He never smiled at me and turned his head away dismissing me just like that. I felt stupid as I gave the order to Jake. Heather came up to me all smiles as she fanned her face again.

“I guess you finally got to meet Bain,” she said elbowing me. “He owns most of this town and others supposedly.”

“Why did everyone get quite like that?” I asked curiously. Heathers body went ridged as she looked at the floor.

“I guess out of respect. I don’t know, I just stay out of it,” Was her quick answer. I wasn’t dumb. She was hiding something. It was best I didn’t know. I didn’t want involved in other peoples problems.

“Who are the other two then?”

“In the inside is Laven and the outside is Kade. All three are best friends. It’s actually weird that they’re here in the diner. I’ve been working here for two years and never seen them in here before. You usually only see them at a store.”

I nodded and left her to clean up two tables and take them their drinks. Laven and Kade both said thanks but Bain didn’t. I left to go get their order when Troy stopped me. He was the first shift manager and no one liked him. He was a big weasel that loved to get people fired, especially girls that turned him down.

“I need you to go clean up the spill I just made behind the counter. I would but I have to go my car for something,” he said smiling. I nodded when all I wanted to do was tell him to clean his own mess up but I would be fired. He walked out whistling, enjoying his life.

I cleaned his Pepsi spill and hurried to get the men their order. I laid the plates in front of them and apologized for the wait. All three nodded but something wasn’t right with Bain. His jaw muscle was twitching and his fists balled. I backed away thinking I just pissed off the wrong guy. I decided their tip wasn’t that important and didn’t go back over there.

Out of the corner of my eye, Bain got up and left, leaving the other two finishing their food. Bain’s steak hadn’t even been touched and I felt so bad. I knew all three steaks were cold when I gave it to them.

Laven and Kade got up and left too. I walked over to the table and seen a hundred dollar bill folded in the center. I picked it up and examined it like I had never seen one because I wasn’t a very good waitress to them. I pocketed it and looked out the window and didn’t see any of them out there. Shaking my head, I cleaned the table.

About three hours later, Troy came back in with a black eye and split lip. Me and Heather looked at each other thinking the same thing. He finally got what he deserved. He wouldn’t look anyone in the eye as he walked behind the counter.

“What happened to you?” I ask.

“Nothing. Why don’t you take a break and I’ll help you out since you helped me earlier,” he said picking something off the counter.

I nodded. “Okay, are you sure?” I ask skeptical. I mean, this is not the Troy we know. He would make us work on our breaks if we were short on help.

“Yeah, go sit down or do whatever you want.”

Heather made a funny face when she overheard it and I couldn’t help but laugh. Troy jerked his head to her and yelled. “Get back to work! You don’t get paid to stand around!”

Heather saluted him and ignored his anger. So far he hasn’t ever yelled at me but I knew it was coming soon. He always treated us differently. He yells at her and makes me do his work. He would be a terrible husband one day.

I took my break and got back to work. Another girl Jessie came in to start her shift at lunch time and the customers began pouring in. It got so busy that I lost time. Troy came up and told me I was supposed to already ended my shift. I looked at the clock. I worked ten minutes over. I clocked out and waved bye at everyone.

The afternoon was pretty like yesterdays. I had to walk everywhere right now because of the tore up jeep in my driveway. Loved walking but not right when I was ready to get off my feet for a while. Eight hours on a concrete floor was killing my heels and back. I was too young to be having these troubles.

I made it the edge of town when a big black truck pulled over right where I was walking. It almost looked just like a monster truck except it was only one color. The passenger door opened and there was sexy Bain leaning over. “Get in. I’ll take you home.” He said and straightened.

I didn’t know him at all and he was offering to take me home. I guess he was being a gentlemen but I don’t get in vehicles with strangers.

“No thanks, I prefer to walk,” I said and waved bye. I began walking again when suddenly I was pulled to a stop. Bain had me by the arm with a serious look on his face. I looked down at my arm where his big hand was wrapped around it. It wasn’t tight but it was firm.

“I wasn’t giving you a choice, Kitten. I know where you stay and that’s too far to walk after busting your ass for hours.” He said still holding my arm.

It didn’t freak me out too bad but it was weird how he was acting toward me. I was beginning to realize why people were scared of him. He was controlling and an ass. “Don’t call me kitten and I said no so let go of my arm,” I said with my serious face.

Bain shook his head and began pulling me to his truck. I leaned back and tried pulling against him but I had to stop or I was going to be drug across the ground. Instead of fighting, I screamed. It felt like a kidnapping so I was protecting myself.

The few people around just looked at me and did nothing. Not one of them got on their cell phones to call the police. I knew I was in big trouble then. He had more power in this community than I thought.

“Let me go!” I demanded after my scream. I was lifted up and forced in his truck. He slammed the door and walked around to get in. As he did, I tried opening the door back up but it was locked. Bain got in and took off heading to where I live.

“What is your problem?” I demanded leaning on the passenger door to get far away from him.

“Watch how you talk to me, Kitten. I’m not the nicest guy. And my problem is a stubborn girl who throws tantrums over being taken home.” Bain said cutting his eyes at me.

My jaw dropped. Tantrum? That wasn’t a tantrum! I was being kidnapped by a sexy stranger! I looked at him and noticed he changed clothes from earlier. He was wearing all black and a gun was strapped to his leg. Fear hit me then. He was dressed just like the other two yesterday. And that’s when I realized his friends were the ones I saw, the same ones in the diner with him.

“Why do you have a gun?” I asked with my words shaky.

Bain pulled over and I saw I was finally home. I tried opening the door but it was still locked.

“For protection. What’s wrong with your jeep?” he asked pointing at the scrap metal in my driveway.

“The engine is blown. Can you let me out?”

He sighed and got out and came around to open the door. He had the door switched to child lock. I was pissed but held my tongue while he had that gun strapped. A strange feeling told me he wouldn’t use it on me but I’d rather be careful until he’s gone.

He helped me out without my consent putting his hands around my tiny waist. When my feet touched the ground I pushed them off me. It pissed him off and he growled moving closer to me. His growl was nothing like a man’s frustrated growl. It sounded more like an animal growl.

“I’m trying to be nice here if you’d give me half a chance,” he said roughly. “I’ll be taking you to work and picking you up for now on until you get a way back and forth.” He said daring me to disagree.

I shook my head and said no anyway. He ignored me and left me standing there as he got back in his truck and left. I watched as his big truck disappeared out of sight. I couldn’t believe what just happened. The hottest man I have ever laid eyes on was forcing me to do what he says. In the romance novels I read, I always got mad at the heroine for giving the dominant sexy man hell and here I am doing the same. Well, this was no romance. He would never be interested in a girl like me. I’m sure he dates models with his looks.

I went into the house and was greeted by Muffin. I gave her some love and fed her before I made me a sandwich. When I scarfed that down I laid down on the bed for a while. My feet were a little sore but I will survive like I always do. I decided to go talk to Addie and tell her about Bain.

It was really quiet at Willow’s Point Cemetery. Not one bird chirped. I sat down and leaned against her tomb stone. “Well Addie, the guy at the feed store is just a normal looking guy compared to the one I met today. His name is Bain. I think he left me a hundred dollar tip today. But anyways, after work, he forced me to get in his monster sized truck to take me home. When he dropped me out, he told me he was going to be giving me a ride for now. Can you believe that? The nerve of him! You’re my only real friend in this town and I feel so alone. I wish you were here to talk to me and let me know what to do. Should I run and never come back? What do I say in this type of situation? Yesterday his two buddies were here taking a photo of a grave. They all three wear guns strapped to their legs and military type clothing. I’m leaning more toward getting the hell out of dodge.”

I let it all out and more. I missed my life when I was younger. My parents were great parents. I was an only child but I never felt like I needed a sibling. They were fun and my best friends. Everything changed when they died in the house fire. I was with my Aunt Sarah that night. She gained custody immediately but I was old enough to take care of myself. I became a loner after that. My friends became angry and I didn’t care because I was never that close to them. My ex-boyfriend Mason was a jerk who loved flirting in front of my face to other girls. I stayed with my Aunt for eighteen months before leaving her a note that I had to move on somewhere else. I needed a new start or that town would drive me crazy.

By the time I was done, it was already dark. I got up and told Addie bye and walked the dark path back home. I’ve walked it so many times I never needed a flash light. The critters were out singing their high pitched songs and bull frogs croaking. It was peaceful and I knew I was born to be a country girl. I hated city life. I would rather waitress the rest of my life than live in a city with no trees and car noises at all hours of the night.

I was in my peaceful state of mind walking home when I heard the dead leaves crunch behind me. I didn’t stop walking or show that I heard it. If I did I might not like what I’d find. I knew nothing about self-defense but punch and kick. I heard it again and whipped around. I was frozen with what I saw.

 Comment and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 44 1
A shifter romance... Blair is no stranger to loss, and she does everything she can to protect herself from it. Even by hiding from life. So when she...
639K 10.8K 26
"Autumn, look, I love you. You love me but don't know it yet. We were meant to be together. I understand if you're confused, you're only a human." he...
275K 11.1K 56
(Completed) Brigette does not want a mate, and her plan of abandoning their supernatural world is threatened once she discovers she is mated to an Al...
112K 3.8K 12
Olivia has had a hard life her mom and dad were killed and her brother beats her what happens when an alpha comes to town and kidnaps her and treats...