Metanoia ❀ [ NaLu one shot bo...

By Infinite_Midnight

Metanoia ; (n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life. A NaLu one shot book! Make... More

Rivalry
Countdown
By the Time the Last Leaf Falls
The End.

The Accidental Kiss

3.3K 171 40
By Infinite_Midnight

『Natsu』

I faced the tracks, quiet and lost in thought. I watched the wind push around leaves as the same cool air tussled my hair. I sigh, creating a small white cloud that quickly vanished. Really, I was already impatient enough as it was, now I was waiting for this damn train to pick me up so I could go into the city. I close my eyes and a chill runs up my spine so I dig my fists deeper into the pockets of my jacket, pulling it tighter around me. "Tch," I grumble, "Annoying.." This season—more rather this year—hadn't been the best.

"Wait!" A shrill voice penetrates the noise of the station, making my eyes reopen and search the crowd instinctively. It was quite clearly a girl, and she seemed pretty distressed. I shake my head, she was probably chasing someone or a different train. I had seen stuff like that happen before. I normally just stood to the side and watched it unfold, and sometimes it was definitely worth the watch. I see a familiar jacket pass by, the same school one as mine. It looked like it could be Loke, or was it Sting? Ah, not like I cared.

"I said wait damn it!" The girl's voice was louder, and I could practically hear the distress about her. The crowd parted slightly and I saw a blonde haired girl who was staring at the ground—most likely to hide her red and puffy eyes or something—hurrying past people. She stopped near me and without a second of hesitation she reached up, eyes still downcast, and pulled my collar down before slamming her lips on mine.

What the hell?!

✧ ♥︎ ✧

"So you thought I was your boyfriend and..."

"That's why I k-kissed...you. Yeah," Lucy Heartfilia, the blonde that kissed me in the train station, was now squirming uncomfortably beside me on my morning train.

"You looked a lot like him from my admittedly bad point of view, a-and I didn't mean to kiss you I swear...!" Her face was red, and she looked cute in her flustered state.

"Who is your boyfriend then?" I wanted to see if it was one of the underclassmen I knew from highschool, I was wearing my old basketball jacket from Fairy Tail Academy, that's how this whole incident happened.

"Who was my boyfriend... It was Loke, I'm pretty sure you would have known him even though he was only a Junior Varsity player. You graduated last year, right?" She looked at me without seeming as uncomfortable as before. I nod in response.

"Yeah, but I do know who you're talking about. Great athlete, major player though, we used to hang out together during practice sometimes. He was pretty good at all his sports. His academics however.." I chuckle, thinking about how pissed he was when he was told he would have to make up his senior year. To my surprise Lucy joined me in laughter.

"That's how I was able to really get to know him. I don't know if you remember... But I'm a senior this year and I tutored him a lot," a shy smile had wormed it's way onto her face.

"That probably left him less time to practice and trump my school record then," I smirk and she eyes me carefully.

"He complained about that a lot, Natsu," She sighs. I roll my eyes and she laughs softly.

"Sorry, I probably made him a major pain in your ass because of that," I apologize. She waves her hand dismissively.

"It wasn't a big deal. Enough on him though, how have you been? There hasn't been much word on you since you left and... I've been curious," She blushes again and I pretend not to notice.

"Honestly? Nothing is really different, I mean my professors are pretty cool and the sports are great at university level," I shrug. She gives me a look that says "quit bullshitting" so I sigh and look out the window.

"I met up with an ex of mine and long story short, she betrayed me again. Almost humiliated me too, but I recovered quick thanks to my amazing social skills," My voice was heavily laden with sarcasm; I don't even look at Lucy as I speak. She knew who I meant, she had been in my circle of friends in high school and we had been pretty close during our last few years together.

"When was that?" She inquires and this time I look at her directly.

"About two weeks ago." She's silent, nodding her head slowly.

"Sorry about that," she sighs, "I wish I could have been there for you." I raise my eyebrow.

"Why would you want to be around for me? I was admittedly a major jackass in school, and you want to be around me to support me?" Surprise undertones my words and red flushes her cheeks again.

"Y-yeah... Is there a problem with that?" Her voice raises an octave and I can't bite back my smile.

"Nah, I'm just teasing you Luce," I chuckle again and the redness of her face only manages to get a few shades darker.

"So, what happened with you and Loke?" I finally ask the question that had been pressing at me since this whole thing started. Lucy takes a deep breath before letting it all out in a soft sigh.

"He broke up with me for a college girl in some nearby town, and he was leaving to go to her. I chased him and meant to try and get him back but—" she took a shaky breath, "even when I caught him for a moment he shoved me back into the crowd." I stare at her with widened eyes. Loke had never done anything that bad to a girl before. I clenched my fists and knew that the next time I saw him I wouldn't be leaving his face unbeaten.

"I'm glad you kissed me instead," I say lowly. She looks up at me with surprise written in her looks.

"W-what?"

"I'm glad you kissed me, Loke would have done something worse if you had caught him again, it's better that you mistakenly kissed me instead," I tell her and red still tints her cheeks. I finally decide to tease her about it.

"There's nothing to get embarrassed about now Luce," I chuckle.

"That's easy for you to say.." She groans and holds he face in her hands. That's when the speakers crackle to life.

"...next stop...thirty fourth street station...next stop...thirty fourth street station." I place my hand on Lucy's head.

"This is my stop. Are you coming?" I ask her and she peeks out at me before nodding. I grin and wait for the train to stop before helping her to her feet and heading off the train with her not far behind. I shove my hands in my pockets as Lucy and I work our way out onto the street.

"Where are we going?" Lucy stuck close to me, our bodies occasionally brushing together. My heart jumped a little at the contact, and I tried to convince myself that it wasn't what I thought it was.

"It's a surprise. You'll have to wait to find out," I tell her teasingly, and she pouts. She's cute making that kind of expression, it's innocent.

"Will you at least give me a hint?" She pleads, stepping out in front of me. I laugh and nod my head.

"Okay, but only one. It's someplace we've been to before together." She stops for a moment, chewing her lip as she thought.

"I'm not sure, we went out to a lot of places with our friends before..." She sighs softly.

I lean down close to her ear, making her stiffen slightly. "Then I guess you will just have to wait and see."

⋅⋅⋅⌑⋅⋅⋅

After walking for a while we stopped and got hot chocolate to drink while we talked and made our way towards the still undisclosed location. My mind kept meandering back to the thought that I was relived and glad that I had been the one Lucy had kissed. I looked at her as she walked beside me and my eyes drifted to her lips. What if... I kissed her?

"You know, it's strange," Lucy suddenly spoke, shaking me from my thoughts, "I for so long had myself convinced that Loke was the guy for me, you know?" She laughs bitterly. "I was lying to myself, I didn't want to admit my feelings towards someone else." My heart stopped for a moment.

"That's how things where for me with Lis. Don't get me wrong I thought... I thought she could end up being that person but, you know how well that went for me." I bring my cup to my lips and drink the warm liquid inside.

"Where you afraid to be with that...other person?" She hesitated slightly.

"No, at least I don't think so. I was just unwilling to pull her into my life at that point. I was leaving and she was staying right where she was, I figured I'd be better if she didn't know how I felt," I explain.

"I just was scared to admit my feelings." I look up and we are at the park where our group of friends had a massive water gun fight, before a night of tag in the dark. It was a few years ago, but I couldn't recall a night since that had been better.

"We're here," I nudge Lucy slightly. She looks up and immediately her eyes light up.

"I remember this place! That night we spent here was amazing, I had so much fun," she looked around like an excited child. I silently watched her and mused over her energetic state. I wonder if she remembers our encounter—I accidentally ran into her and to keep her from falling I grabbed her and pulled her against me.

"Natsu?" I glance at Lucy again to find her staring off into the nearby tree line. The large fountain that sat in the center of the main stone pathway gurgled softly as we passed it.

"Yeah?"

"Who is it that you didn't want to confess to?" Her eyes turn on me, a look of curiosity and worry hitting me hard.

"W-well... You see..." I stumble over my words slightly.

"I mean, you don't have to tell me! It's perfectly okay, it was so rude of me to ask, I'm sorry. You probably don't want to talk about it anyway..." She rambled on and I smiled before pulling her to me by the waist like I had the last time we had been here.

"Luce, you talk too much when you're flustered." I murmur before returning the kiss she had given me earlier. When we pull apart she looks dazed.

"W-wait..me?! You, you like me?!" She says in obvious disbelief. "Why?"

"You had me captured the moment you walked into my life, something about you just drew me in and I couldn't stop it. You're funny, you're energetic, you're caring, you're Lucy," I speak without thinking, and she blushes while watching me with wide, curious eyes.

"All this time... We pretended to... We liked each other but didn't know it?!" She exclaims. I chuckle and kiss the top of her head.

"Maybe it's best that things turned out this way." She nods.

"Life sure has a strange way of making things work out, huh?" She leans against me.

"Yeah, it sure does..." I agree. Who would have thought that I'd get back the girl I thought I'd never see again today? Maybe that accidental kiss...wasn't so accidental after all.

• • • • •

Yo! I hope you all enjoyed this one shot! I'm entering it in Ultimate__Genesis 's contest!
Have a one shot request? Leave a comment or message me!
~Kels-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
121K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
595K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
438K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...