Moon Runner

By Queenlibra-

s h e w a s t h e s t a r s. t h a t l i t h i s p i t c h b l a c k n i g h t s . Her innoce... More

C o p y r i g h t
B l u r b | T e a s e | C a s t
Chapter 1: Aztec
Chapter 3: A New Beginning

Chapter 2: Six

3.8K 243 59
By Queenlibra-

C h a p t e r   T w o

                     S C A R L E T

But — A powerful Alpha wolf stepped forward. Unlike, the rest he hadn't shifted into his wolf instead he was dressed in a large fur coat, possibly made out of wolf fur. His dark onyx hair was stark against his tanned skin, his eyes a misty grey from where I stood. Everyone, hypnotized by the large, handsome male. He smirked darkly, reaper grin spread across his blood red lips.

    "I am Aztec!"

__________

A z t e c

           He was handsome, from the curls in his short chopped hair, to the storm that raged in his beautiful metallic eyes. To his perfectly constructed jaw, that soothed down to his defined chin. He didn't have any sort, of facial hair, his olive skin was smooth and tanned. I didn't dare glance down at his breath taking torso, he was taller than the average male, I lurked at his plump blood red lips.

            Majority, of his army had shifted back into their naked human form. He had ordered his men to have us line up, by our last names. Aztec stood in front of us, arms crossed, his facial expression completely, nonchalant. A man holding a grey, clipboard asked for our first and last names, pack. I turned my head waiting for my turn, just two more girls until me.

             The man stood before me, his blonde hair messy, he smiled his green eyes lighting up. "Hello, I am Matthew." He greeted softly, returning his focus back onto his clipboard where he shuffled to find something. "What's your name?" He asked.

          "Scarlet."

          "Last name?" He questioned.

        "Chambers," I say quietly, he nods.

      "How old are you Scarlet?"

          "Nineteen years old, sir."

          "You're one of the older ones," he comments, "If you don't mind me asking how long have you been under the care of Sir Oakland?"

         "Six years," I reply, he nods and offers a sympathetic smile.

             "Thank you for cooperating, can you please stand over there?" He asks, using his pen to point at a large male, the man stood straight. "He's a lot nicer than he looks, trust me. He will continue, where I left off." He handed me a sheet with a bunch of questions, "Hand this to him, thanks." Before I could ask him why, Matthew had already moved on, asking Alex the same questions he just asked me.

           I slowly, stumbled towards the man Matthew had pointed to. My heart hammered in my chest, I hastily, glanced over my shoulder, making eye contact with Louise. She raised a dark eyebrow, I shook my head. "Paper," the man grumbled once I neared him, I shoved the paper in his direction, "thanks."

              "Sure," I mumble, "Why didn't he finish asking me the questions?" I question softly, not hiding my curiosity the man chuckled. I raised my head in confusion.

            "The Alpha King asked him to." The man responses casually, "No more questions, okay? That's my job. This will go a lot faster, if you cooperate." He explained blankly, "The name is Ben." I whispered a quick hi, "Oakland will be put to death shortly. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be asking you anymore questions. You will undergo a series of testing, all medical reasonings," he adds. "Just follow his rules, and everything will run smoothly Mrs. chambers."

_________

            He was more wolf than man. I hadn't realized it before, but thick black gloves adorned his hand. Aztec had chosen exactly, six girls, the girls that had been here the longest. I watched the beast with curiosity, bewildered at what he would do next. King Aztec didn't smile often, when he did it was brief — but tantalizing. Matthew, the guy that conducted the survey had disappeared after he finished, Ben simply stood before us, bored.

          A brooding man stepped forward. He was intimidating, tribal tattoos trailed up his tone body, all the way to his neck, his dark walnut hair a perfect contrast to his excellent physique. He wore a simple white shirt and dark washed jeans, his eyes a deep shade of chocolate. He had a scary vibe to him, but he was still very attractive. He coughed sharply, gathering our attentions in seconds.

              "Hello," he acknowledges. "I am commander Caleb from the royal wolves army!" He boosted a small smile creasing his lips, when everyone gave him an awe. "I am here to extend my condolences — and present you with an arrangement." He spoke quickly, his tone held authority, I bet nobody messed with him..

               "What kind of deal?" Chelsea asked.

            He turned his slightly, "I'm not allowed to discuss the details.."

              "I don't care about anything you have to offer." She concludes, "I had a life before. One I'd like to get back to — like everyone else.." she adds. He sighed heavily, his eyes turning darker. "I — I didn't mean to offend you," she adds hastily.

            "I'm surprised you survived this long, especially, with a mouth like yours!" He roared. "I am no equal to you, I do not tolerate any sort of disrespect." He warned chocolate eyes dangerous as he surveyed us.

              "I am aware of your lack of knowledge, but, I am not a man of patience. Believe me." He addresses his stance practically prefect. "The deal — arrangement, I have come to offer you will guarantee you a better life, a future you've all been deprived of."

               "Commander Caleb!" Sienna calls, "Can you tell us a little bit about the arrangement?" She questions further when he nods his head allowing her to speak.

                "The Royal family has invited the six of you to temporarily live in the palace for Two weeks!" He answers, raising a brow. "You will be well taken care of, the King has looked into that for you six." He reasoned.

              "Are we allowed to decline?" Chelsea asks rapidly, eyes widening in shock.

               "Name?" He demands.

           She hesitated for a brief moment. "Chelsea, sir."

           He frowned. "We will talk afterwards, it seems you need more home training than I thought. You are not allowed to decline." He informed. "That being said we aren't stopping you from seeing your family, or close friends... The arrangement won't start immediately, you have time."

I sighed in relief.

                But — My brow scrunched in confusion. My mother had disappeared when I was young, my father a lonely Beta who sometimes drank himself to sleep. Over the years, I had wondered what happened to him. Was he better? Did he move on? Start a new family? Now, that I had the opportunity to find the answers to my questions, I didn't know where to start. I needed help. Lots.

                 "I don't know where to start," I say unconsciously.

              He smiles, "That's what we're here for. To help."

_________

Commander Caleb, continued to talk about the arrangement doing his best to convince us. Chelsea continued to challenge him on everything, but I couldn't keep my eyes off King Aztec. A reek of loneliness seemed to cloud his presence, he was so mysterious. Thinking about it, he hadn't spoken a single word since he saved us. I tilted my head up, when Chelsea snarled. Uh, oh. He raised a thick brow, challenging her, she quickly backed down. I had never seen her so aggressive or outspoken in my many years of knowing her.

"Do I need to restrain your crazy ass?" He demanded rudely, but humour hinted in his threat. "Answer the question Chelsea!" She seemed startled glancing at us for help, before my brain could process the situation — I quickly stepped in front of her.

"Please, no fighting." I beg.

He nods, "What's your name, pup?"

"Scarlet."

"You're very brave, but move away from her. This isn't your fight," he comments using his pointer finger to tell me to get out of the way. "Now."

I couldn't disobey a direct order, especially, from a man that held more authority than me. He offered me a small smile, then glared at Chelsea. I sent a silent prayer to the moon goddess, hoping she'd shut up. Sienna seemed completely, bored. Before, he could say something to get under Chelsea's skin his eyes went black. Cassidy squeezed my hand slightly alarmed by his shift in eye colour. I glanced at the tiny red head giving her a warm smile, she was seventeen years old but she had been here she was thirteen years old.

"Is he okay?" She whispered.

"He'll be fine, don't worry about him.." I assure, gazing at Caleb through the corner of my eyes.

A few seconds later, he shook his head his eyes returning to normal. "Sorry about that, ladies. Anymore questions?" He asks leaning towards us, arms folded across his chest. We all turned when we heard shuffling, the girls were being directed into black SUV's.

"I wanna leave!"

Chelsea almost shouts, hurriedly walking past us but — before, she could leave, Caleb grabbed her arm. He quickly, dropped her hand and took a fast step back. Complete and utter shock crossed his handsome features — I raised a brow, confused. What's happening? Chelsea also shared his look of shock, neither of them looked away from each other.

"Fuck!"

"Hey!"

"Mate?" He says baffled, "I finally find my mate only for her to be a fucking lunatic!" He groans, angrily. That's when a gigantic lopsided smirk found its way onto Bens face, he couldn't contain his laugher. "Shut up, didn't your mate hit you with a pan?" He remarks.

"Don't take it too hard buddy, I'm just showing my support!" Ben raised his hand in surrender.

Caleb pinched his nose, "What am I suppose to do with you?"

_________

"The King has prepared separate transportation for you guys," Caleb continued eyes never leaving Chelsea. "Chelsea you'll ride with me today," he adds with a smirk.

"Ben you've been assigned to Cassidy Jones,"Caleb mumbles. "Tyler will take Riley Smith... Sienna Reign will be escorted by Lucan." he listed. "Louise will be escorted back to her territory by, Beta Chris." He finished quickly, peering up, "Anybody confused?"

I raised my hand.

"You never called my name," I mutter.

"You're not on my list, strange. I'll see if I can arrange for someone to drop you home, Matthew must have mixed up your name." He says, scratching his stubbled jaw. "James could you have an extra car pick up, Mrs. Chambers?" He shouts to a man standing far away.

Before the man called James could drag me somewhere else. He sauntered over, his eyes hidden behind a pair of shades. Commander Caleb turned to King bowing his head in respect we all followed suit. He placed his hand on Calebs shoulder, showing his dominance.

"Filer Matthew, made no mistake. She stays." He commands.

"Yes, King Aztec." He replies, "James still needs to find her a car," he informs head held down. Aztec simply, flicked his eyes to James, then back to Caleb.

"That won't be necessary. The girl can come with me." He lisped lowly, redirecting his intense stare to me.

__________

Chapter two is finally done! Ha!

Thank you for reading! Please Vote, and comment. Thank you guys for following me!

Ok, ok, before you come for me.. You will be seeing a l lot more of Aztec! But I want the story to get a good start, ok? No jumping to the good shit right away, I promise the story will get good! *Evil Laugh*

In other words!

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4M 1.1M 62
Warning: CG has been published. The last ten chapters of this book have been taken down due to copyright reasons. When the future Alpha, a major play...
436K 16.9K 27
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
2.7M 64.2K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
1.2M 34.1K 35
Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question if our presidents and our global leaders...