Picking Up The Pieces

By pleasedontcutily

Tony and Jaime have been bandmates and best friends for years. But with Tony's girlfriend's passing and Jaime... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Ten

61 4 0
By pleasedontcutily

Tony's POV
I woke up to Jaime's singing. I looked around, not seeing him anywhere. Then I realized he was probably in the shower. I reached for my phone to see if Vic had sent me anything.

Hey, can we call a last minute rehearsal?

I texted him back, no, Jaime is really sick.

My phone went off. Aww, tell him I hope he feels better, we can plan a day when he's not sick.

I texted him back, I know, thanks, see ya later.

I checked Instagram and Twitter while Jaime while still in the shower. Some girl on Instagram tagged a picture of Jaime and I and it was a picture of Jaime grabbing my ass a couple years ago. The caption said something like she had shipped us since she first discovered the band and she knew it was real. Well, I can't say she was wrong.

I heard Jaime's steps get louder as he walked out of the bathroom. He was singing to himself, it was adorable.

"Can I get an encore?" I teased him.

"What? You're awake?"

I smiled at him, "I couldn't sleep through such a beautiful set."

He ran a towel through his wet hair then threw it on the ground and got in bed.

"Hime, go hang that up."

He put his arms around me and pulled me in close, "No, it's fine, baby."

"Fine, but pick it up later sometime" I told him as he nibbled on my ear.

"Whatever you say, babe" he whispered in a low voice.

"Someone's feeling better."

He pulled me into an even tighter hug, "That's because I have the best boyfriend in the world."

I blushed and smiled a little.

"Aww, someone's blushing" he teased.

I giggled, "I love you."

"I love you too, Tone."

"What do you want for dinner, baby?" I asked him.

"Can you make your fish, it's the best."

"Alright, come with me" I got up, pulling him along.

He followed me close and as we neared the stairs he picked me up, three me over his shoulder and carried me down.

"Jaimee!" I whined, "Put me down!"

He carried me to the stove and set me down. I looked up and smiled at him. He flashed me his dimples and kissed my nose. I smiled and put my arms around him in a hug. He rested his chin on my head and put his hands on my hips, making me melt.

"I love you with all my heart" I whispered into his chest.

He brushed his lips against my cheek, "I love you too" he whispered.

I pulled away slowly and he pressed his lips against mine. His hands were still on my hips and pulled me back into him. I put my arms around his neck and my fingers in his hair. Kissing him was amazing. Don't get me wrong, I loved Erin and I still do, but kissing Jaime is one of the best things in the world. We moved so easily together, it always felt perfect.

He pulled away just slightly and played his lips on my forehead. He pulled away and smiled at me, "Now, make me some food" he winked.

I turned around and bent down to get into the freezer drawer. After a few seconds, I felt a hand grab my ass.

"I just can't resist you" he teased.

I stood back up, "Do you want food or not?" I joked.

"Make me your amazing food, babe."

"That's what I thought" I smiled at him.

Jaime's POV
He turned around and bent back down to get stuff out of the freezer. Alright, I couldn't help myself, I put my arms around his waist and my chin right in his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"I love you" I squeezed him tight.

I felt him blushing, "I love you too."

I let him go and he made his way to the stove. I sat down on a bar stool that was by the counter and watched him as he got around everything he needed to make dinner.

"Can you get me a lemon from the garage fridge?"

"Of course" I hopped up and walked out to the garage. I grabbed one, walked back in and handed it to him.

"Thank you" he said as he took it from me, planting a kiss on my lips.

"You're very welcome."

I made my way back to where I was sitting and watched him carefully. His face was so cute when he was concentrating. It was the same face he made when he practiced guitar.

He moved with ease as he prepared our meal. He was a great cook. Whenever he made good on the bus it was always really good. He's so talented at anything he does. He threw the battered up fish into the skillet and cooked it carefully. After a few minutes he flipped it around to the other side.

"We need music for this" I got up and turned on his house speakers. I picked "The Reckless and The Brave" by our close friends, All Time Low.

I could see him resisting the urge to dance, I knew it was one of his favoriting songs. I grabbed him by the waist and started singing horribly out of tune.

"Long live the reckless and the brave, I don't think I wanna be saved, my song has not been sung!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

"You're such a dork!" he teased.

"Yeah, but I'm cute."

"That's true" he said kissing me then moving back to the stove.

"Are you almost done?" I whined.

"Yeah, pretty soon, you must feel a lot better if you can complain that much" he laughed.

"But, babyyy" I said, wrapping my arms around him from behind.

"You're just so funny aren't you?" he said sarcastically.

I put my chin on his head, "I am hilarious."

"Alright, you gotta let go, I'm finished" he said pushing me away.

"Something's gotta give!"

"Stop with the references, you're like a fangirl" he joked.

"But I'm cute right?"

"Of course, reach in the cupboard and get two plates, please."

I reached up, grabbed two plates and handed them to him. He set them next to the stove and filled them both with equal amounts of food.

"What do you want to drink?" he asked me.

"Orange juice, please."

I carried the plates to the table and he got drinks for us. He sat down next to me and I looked over at him for a while till he realized I was.

"What?" he said, sounding concerned.

"How are we going to tell them"

His face sunk a bit. He stared at his plate for a while and then I saw a tear fall. I turned him towards me and pulled him in close, "Don't cry, baby" I whispered.

He stopped for a second then the water works started, "Baby, don't cry, why are you crying?"

"Wh-what if they d-don't accept us?" he choked out.

"Baby" I set my chin on his head, "if they don't like us, that's their problem, I love you so much and I won't let people bother me because that means they win. I love you way too much to care even a little bit if people stop listening to our music or not like the band."

I felt the tears stop and he looked up, "I love you too, Jaime, so much."

I wiped his tears away, "Don't be sad, kid, I love you and you're amazing. You are so talented at everything, Tone, from shredding guitars to making your boyfriend dinner."

The biggest smile came across his face, causing me to smile too.

"I do make good food" he said quietly.

"The best" I kissed him.

We turned back to our meal, "When should we tell them then?"

"It's up to you, babe."

"Let's tell them at the start of tour" he said.

"Perfect, we still have a few months of me being your secret too."

"What if I was a secret?" he said with a wink.

"It's not cool to quote your own song" I mocked him.

"But it's not my song!"

"It was still lame" I teased.

"Whatever you say, babe, help me clear the table?" he asked.

"Gladly" I said kissing his cheek, "it was pretty adorable" I whispered into his ear.

"I knew it!" He exclaimed.

"Shh, don't tell anyone, it's our secret." I winked.

He looked at me and but his bottom lip, "Yeah, it's our secret" he smiled.

We finished clearing the table and we walked back upstairs, hand in hand.

"Alright, this is the last day for medicine for you probably, so, let's make this quick and easy" he said.

"Fine" I sighed.

He handed me two pills and I swallowed them with ease and plopped down on the bed. I motioned for him to come lay with me and he quickly accepted the offer.

He nestled his head on my chest and wrapped a leg around mine. "Go to sleep, you worked hard to get me well again" I whispered.

"I can't it's too hot in here" he mumbled.

I carefully got up and walked out the door to the thermostat and changed it to 63 degrees. I walked back to Tony, who was now shirtless.

"Tone, can I borrow a sweatshirt?"

"Yeah, just pick one from my closet."

I walked towards the closet and passed the towel I threw there earlier. I picked it up and hung it up in the bathroom, smiling to myself a little because I'm a dork. I went to the closet and grabbed the first sweatshirt I saw. I walked back over to Tony and laid down next to him. He scooted over to me and laid his head back on me. I put arm around him and rubbed his back.

"You're burning up, babe" I was nervous, I hoped he wasn't sick.

"I'm not sick, baby, just hot" he reassured me.

I kissed his forehead, "Get some rest, T."

He nodded his head and snuggled up to me. After a few minutes, he was snoring lightly so I turned on the TV. I didn't even really watch, it was background noise for my thoughts. I was so lucky to have him. I could imagine so much of my future with him.  Getting married, having a family, getting old together. I mean, I saw it with Jessica, I really did, but I didn't see it. With Tony, everything was changing and I was so happy. Happier than I've ever been.

I wanted a future with Tony. And I could still go on tour and see him all the time, it's like living a dream. It was so hard to be away from Jessica all the time. So many amazing things were going to come out of Tony and I being together. God, I love him so much.

I kissed him one last time before letting my thoughts lull me to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 9.4K 34
How do you handle the loss of someone you care about? Jake has to deal with the unexpected as it turns his world upside down. Will he be able to acce...
1K 13 3
Joe and Sav have been together for about seven years. How will their bandmates react when they get to know? And what will happen afterwards? Just a f...
761 35 23
What happens when you fall in love with someone?When that someone has been your best friend since birth? When that some one is a guy and you're a guy...
33.3K 1.2K 24
*COMPLETED* Mike and Tony, otherwise known as Perrentes by fans of their band Pierce The Veil want to take the next step in their relationship. Actua...