Vet Tech Meets The Alpha

By MommaShifter

Jack's life has always been weird. With the stereotypically snobby rich parents that never pay attention to h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Wolves
Chapter 2: The Sparks
Chapter 3: The Run-In With The Ex
Chapter 4: Meeting The Mate
Chapter 5: The Starbucks Run-In
Chapter 6: The Date Is Ruined
Chapter 7: The Big Butler
Author's Note
Chapter 9: The Date With River
Chapter 10: The Mysterious Hank
Chapter 11: Grandma Comes To Visit
Chapter 12: Real Men Can't Be Stolen
Chapter 13: The Naked Man And The Missing Wolf
Chapter 14: Caught The Rogue
Chapter 15: Talking To Leo
Chapter 16: The Invaders
Chapter 17: Jack Finds Out
Chapter 18: Vet Tech Meets The Alpha
Chapter 19: Telling Micah
Chapter 20: Meeting A New Girl
Chapter 21: Micah Faces The Wolves
Chapter 22: The Rogues Appear And Bad Things Happen
Pray For Paris
Chapter 23: Ancient Healer
Chapter 24: Training
Chapter 25: Rouge Attack
Chapter 26: Micah's Mate
Chapter 27: The War Is Coming
Chapter 28: We Found The Camp
Chapter 29: Talking To The Parents
Chapter 30: We Win
Epilogue

Chapter 8: Book And Coffee With A Side Of River

424K 16.6K 9.7K
By MommaShifter

BOO!!!!!

Did I scare you guys???

Muhahahahaha. I know I did.

Welp. Sit back and relax. Because it's story time bitches!!! XD

Okay. So my break from wattpad is now over because I miss reading all your guy's messages, comments, posts, and what not lol.

And I thought you guys should know why I took one.

So my ex-bestfriend has decided that it was a good idea to give my ex (the one that cheated on me) a blowjob and then proceed to tell him that I cry myself to sleep every night because of how much I "miss him". Ya. I know...

She also told him about how much I love him and how I want him back soooo badly.

Like sorry bitch, don't flatter yourself. I'm so over his lying cheating ass.

And I know that I'm over him and everything, but the fact that she is my bestfriend really hurt. And also how she told him a bunch of lies, it kinda gets you in the heart.

OH! And she also liked him when I was dating him. She would text him saying that all the time throughout his and my entire relationship.

Thank you so much for being a good friend! *note the sarcasm*

Now we are no longer friends. So that is why I needed to take a break for a little bit. That and the fact that me being on crutches because of my hip and all the physical therapy is getting really stressful.

So ya...

And thank you everyone for being so patient. And also all the support that I have gotten was really amazing.

This is why I love you guys so so so much. I know I can always count on you guys for being there. So thank you again :)

Any guess who got a shot in her hip!! And the needle was fat and 2 inches long...

Me!!!

Ya. The doctor was like 'This will help a lot with your hip.'

Not really because now it hurts even more and it sucks.

Anywhore. To the book we go!!!

---------------------------------------

Jack

"Hank!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I heard thunderous footsteps as Hank ran into the kitchen with a worried expression.

"What's wrong Luna? Are you hurt? Is someone here?" Hank asked as he took a defensive stance in front of me.

I stared at him confused. Well more like his back because that's all I can see.

"Uh Hank?" I asked confused. "My name is Jack. Not Luna."

'Who is Luna? Must be his wife or something.' I thought as I looked at his gold wedding ring.

A couple seconds later, Hank seemed to be satisfied when he realized there was nothing wrong.

"Oh. I knew that." Hank laughed nervously. "What's wrong Ms. Banks?"

I sighed as I turned to the empty spot in my cupboard.

"There are no animal crackers." I said as I pointed to the empty spot.

Hank looked at me amused. "Animal crackers?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't you dare dis animal crackers. They are my guilty pleasure."

Hank smirked and held his hands up. "My bad Ms. Luna. Shall we go find these crackers that are in animal shapes?"

"We shall. And since it's Sunday, I don't have to work." I smiled. "Come along Critter."

Critter nodded and climbed up my arm.

I chuckled as I saw Critter eyeing Hank.

"Critter." I laughed as I hugged him. "Hank is a friend."

Critter huffed and flipped his tail at Hank.

"Did he just flip me off with his tail?" Hank asked shocked.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Uh ya."

"Well okay then. On that note, let's go." Hank smiled as he opened my front door for me.

"Thank you." I smiled as Hank locked the door.

"Of course Ms. Banks." Hank smiled as he walked up to his car.

"Holy shit." I said amazed. "That is one sexy hummer."

Hank nodded. "She's my baby."

Damn. Hot car.

The paint job was white and everything else was blacked out. Like the window, lights, rims, everything.

Hank opened the door for me and I hopped in excited.

"I love the interior." I said.

The seats were leather and black and everything else was black as well.

Let's just say everything was black except the body paint.

"I take pride in what I drive. She's got to look good." Hank said smugly.

I leaned my head back as I laughed. "This is seriously a hot piece of automobile. It's like a freaking tank. I know what I'm going to call you!"

Hank looked at me strangely because of my sudden excitement.

"What's that Ms. Banks?" Hank asked laughing.

"Hank the Tank." I winked.

Hank exploded.

He had to rest his hand on his stomach because he was laughing so hard.

"I-I like it." Hank said wiping a tear.

"Good." I said nodding to myself. "So tell me about your family."

"I have a wife named Lauren and a daughter named Carrie. She is gonna be 16 next month." Hank smiled.

I smiled at him. "Is Lauren's nickname Luna?"

Hank stiffened. "W-What?"

"You called me Luna this morning. I thought you accidently called me your wife's nickname." I said confused.

Hank nodded stiffly. "Oh ya. Uh sorry about that. Luna is Lauren's nickname and I always call her that when I wake up in the morning."

"That's cute." I smiled. "You really love them both."

Hank nodded. "More than anything in the world."

Damn. I wish I had that.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I will be waiting by that bookshelf." Hank said seriously.

I nodded and went to the science fiction section in Barnes & Noble.

I grabbed the first book I saw and sat down on the chair next to the window.

I wanted to laugh at Hank.

He stood there so seriously and it was hilarious.

I don't even think he has blinked yet. He might feel like he will miss something.

Snickering to myself, I looked down at the book in my hands.

"Hmm. Maximum Ride." I whispered as I opened the first page.

Ooh! This book is good.

I smiled as I continued to read.

About half an hour later, I saw a shadow loom over me.

I groaned.

"Hank. It's just getting go-uh River?" I asked as I looked up.

He smiled and sat down in the chair next to mine as he handed me some coffee.

Oh this is awkward.

"Hey Jack." River smiled.

"Um hi?" I asked closing the book and sitting up straight and staring at the coffee that he placed in my hand.

I flinched back a little from the sparks as his hand touched mine.

"What are you reading?" He asked peering down at the book.

"The first book in the Maximum Ride series." I replied showing him the book. "And what's this?"

"Nice. And I know you like Starbucks coffee. So I got you a vanilla bean coffee." He smiled.

"Thanks." I said with a forced smile.

Welp. This is a little awkward.

After a couple seconds without either one of us saying something, I got up.

"It was nice seeing you." I mumbled as I tried to walk past him.

"Wait." River said as he grabbed my wrist.

I looked over to the bookshelf where Hank said he would be, only to find him gone.

Dammit Hank. Where the hell are you?

Critter said River and hissed at him.

"I want to apologize." River said looking at the ground and releasing my hand. "At your date with ugly and-"

"Errold." I said annoyed. "His name is Errold."

"Errold." River said in disgust. "I wanted to apologize for that."

"It's fine." I said. "I forgive you."

"Cool." He said nervously. "Uh tell your boyfriend I'm sorry about his clothes."

I didn't miss the way River said boyfriend.

Why is he being like this?

"Um River?" I laughed. "He isn't my boyfriend."

"He's not?" River asked as his face lit up.

I frowned.

Wow. Thanks for being excited that you ruined my chance at love.

I shook my head. "After you walked away from dumping your drink on him, he left. Saying how it's not gonna work out if my "exboyfriend" keep showing up and ruining dates." I said putting air quotes on exboyfriend.

"But we never dated." River said confused.

I nodded. "I told him that. He didn't believe me."

"Oh." River nodded. "So that means your single?"

I rolled my eyes as I saw the hopeful gleam in River's eyes.

"Yes. It means I'm single." I said.

"That's nice. You're single. I'm single. What a coincidence." River smiled.

"Whoa there Romeo." I laughed. "Easy there."

River sighed. "I really am sorry Jack. I was jealous."

"Of what?"

"Of Errold." River admitted not looking at me. "He got a date with a gorgeous girl and ever since you ran into me at Starbucks, I was dying to ask you out. But when Micah mentioned your date that night, I got mad."

I laughed. "If you want to date someone, ask them out. Don't dump your drink on their date's head."

River laughed as he looked up at me. "I know that now. How about this. Why don't I buy you that series and you can tell me all about it over lunch tomorrow? Please?"

"River?" I asked in fake astonishment. "Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Well someone did say once that you if you want to date a person that you need to ask them out on a date." River smiled.

I thought about it.

Should I go with him?

Or not?

Eh screw it. Why not. He did by me an entire book series. That's a winner right there.

"Eh. Why not." I laughed as River gave me a dazzling smile. "Lunch sounds good tomorrow. But I have to be back at work at 1:30."

"Cool." River smiled as he gave me his phone. "I'll text you when I'm on my way to pick you up at noon."

I nodded and put my number in his phone.

"Bye." He smiled as he brought my books up to the cashier.

After the lady rang them up, River gave them back to me.

I chuckled as he walked away.

He looked like a little kid who just walked into a candy store.

"Who was that?" A deep voice asked behind me.

I screamed, but immediately slammed my hand over my mouth when I realized where I was.

The other customers looked at me confused, but shrugged it off.

I turned around and saw Hank trying to hold in his laugh.

"I hate you." I mumbled. "You don't deserve the nickname Hank the Tank anymore."

Hank fake cried. "B-But. No."

I gave him my best glare, but sadly I let a smile slip.

"Fine. You can have it back. But warn a girl next time." I glared.

"Sorry Ms. Banks." He chuckled as we walked out of the store. "So. Who was that? A boyfriend perhaps?"

I shook my head as I flipped him off. "No. He's not my boyfriend."

"Yet." Hank winked as he opened my door.

I groaned as he jogged around to his side.

"He is NOT my boyfriend." I said sternly. "He only invited me out for lunch tomorrow as an apology."

"What did he do?" Hank asked serious.

"A couple nights ago, I went on a date with this guy that I met at PetSmart. Well I ran into the guy that you saw at Starbucks. His name is River." I explained. "Anywho. He showed up at my date with his two little friends and he dumped his drink on my date. Then my date got up and left."

"I'm sorry." Hank said. "Were you and this guy dating?"

I shook my head. "No. But I was hoping he would ask me that night. But he left because he said that I wasn't worth it if my exboyfriend was gonna ruin all of our dates."

"But you just met River that day?" Hank said confused as he pulled in my driveway.

I nodded. "Exactly. But my date didn't listen. So he left."

"I'm sorry." Hank said as he slid out to open my door.

I waited to talk until he opened my door.

"It's okay." I shrugged as Hank opened my door.

When I placed my feet on the ground, I looked up and into the golden eyes of the familiar brown wolf hiding in the shadows of my house.

"Hey Hank?" I called out.

"Yes Ms. Banks?" Hank asked.

"I'm gonna go fill the bird feeders out back. I'll be right in soon." I said.

Hank nodded. "Okay. I'm going to go start lunch. Be careful."

I laughed and nodded.

Critter gave me a look as we walked towards the wolf.

"I'm pretty sure Hank wouldn't want me seeing an overgrown wolf." I laughed.

~*~

River

I started to jump up and down as Jack came over to me.

"Easy there." Jack laughed as I rubbed up against her.

"Oh my gosh Leo." Jack smiled. "I ran into the guy that ruined my date that one night. He looked really hot today. His name is River. Cool name, right?"

That got my attention.

I sat down next to her and listened to what she had to say about me.

Jack sighed. "He apologized and bought me coffee and the book series."

I looked at the bag that was full of books.

I puffed out my chest. I'm awesome.

'Nice try man.' Leo laughed.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at my beautiful mate.

"He asked me to go for lunch tomorrow. But I don't know." Jack said looking out across her backyard. "Like I'm confused. He was such an ass that night, but today he was really sweet."

Wow.

'Well you kinda were.' Leo said.

I ignored him.

"I don't know about this lunch thing tomorrow. I feel this weird connection with him." Jack explained as she turned to look at me.

I love her thinking face. It's so freaking cute. The way she stinks her tongue out slightly and her eyebrows scrunch together.

"Every time we touch, I feel little sparks. I've read books before that is similar to this. All of them say that when you touch someone and you feel sparks, you met your soulmate. But how can that be?" Jack asked confused. "If so, I'm scared. Ever boy that I attract turns out to be an asshole and a cheater. It happens every time."

I wanted to shift back and hug her.

Jack's face looked so sad.

"What if River turns out to be just like all the others?" Jack whispers. "I don't want to go through that again."

I whimpered and rubbed my head against her leg.

She smiled as she leaned down and rubbed my head.

Leo let out a loud purr and I'm glad I wasn't in my human form, because then my cheeks would be bright red.

Jack giggled as she continued to listen to Leo purr.

"Thanks for listening Leo." Jack smiled as she got up. "I'm not good with talking to people. Only Micah. She was the first friend that I made when I got back from college. Well besides Emily. So thank you Leo. I'll see you another time."

I licked her cheek and she laughed before walking back inside her house.

I sighed in content as I realized that I have a date with her tomorrow.

Damn. Not this one has to be extremely special.

'Mom?' I asked through the link.

'Yes River dear?' I heard my mom asked.

'We still have a picnic basket, right?'

'Ooh la la.' My mom laughed. 'Taking your mate on a little picnic are we?'

I laughed. 'Yes mom I am. She agreed and I need it to be special.'

'Leave it to me and the girls.' My mom said determined.

'I knew I could always count on you.' I said smiling to myself as I ran back to the pack house.

It's pretty funny because Jack lives 30 minutes away from the pack house.

It only takes that long to run their in wolf form. But it would take an hour to run there in human form. Thank you wolves.

'No problem River.' My mom laughed. 'It's gonna be perfect.'

I sighed in relief.

My mom is amazing.

-----------------------------------

My hip is continuing to kill me lol.

Stupid car accident.

Well. Keep up the votes and comments!!

Love you Faithful Shifters!

-MommaShifter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 12.9K 31
*BOOK WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 13 THERE ARE A LOT OF MISSPELLS AND A LOT OF THINGS WRONG WITH IT. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP RUDE COMMENTS ABOUT THE BOOK TO YOURSE...
1.1M 56.2K 23
What happens when you have two ruthless alphas right next to each other? Well let's just say that it can't be good. Alpha Ace Winter has been an alph...
2.1M 48.6K 25
" MINE!!!!" someone shouted from the woods I turned around but no one was there. then i started to hear someone running my way and that's when i not...
2.4M 83K 52
"What makes you think I'll let you leave?" he asked and took a step towards me. "Because I'm not into guys?" "Well then why did you date your ex-boyf...