Handcuffed

By CrazyBeautiful115

More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Part Twenty Five
Part Twenty Six
Part Twenty Seven
Part Twenty Eight
Part Thirty
Part Thirty One
Epilogue

Part Twenty Nine

9.5K 286 82
By CrazyBeautiful115

Chapter 29
Mia's P.O.V.

We descended the other million steps down the Eiffel tower and ran through the night.  Lights lit up the city, the stars dull in comparison. Since we had another early morning and long plane trip, so we ran through the streets, hand in hand, back to the hotel. I was shivering by the time we got back, even though it was in the middle of the summer.
"I'm c..c...cold." I stuttered and rubbed my arms.
Luca and I changed into our pajamas and jumped onto the bed. I was shaking, half frozen. Luca smiled and held out his arms and I gratefully accepted them. I curled up into a ball in an attempt to save my life and closed my eyes. Before I went completely under, I heard a whisper.
"Goodnight Babydoll."

We boarded the plane in the morning, me as attractive as a llama. I quietly edited pictures on my laptop since sleep evaded me. Luca half watched, half dozed on my shoulder. I came to one where Luca had flowers in his hair. His eyes were staring right into the camera, bluer than the summer sky. His mouth was slightly parted, and his face flushed. I tried out different effects, but skipped to the next one. Going through all my pictures, I found that most of them were of Luca and I smiled. How could someone that I thought I hated, have such an important role in my life now. Love works in mysterious ways. I stopped myself. Love? Did I love Luca? Did he love me? My thoughts were interrupted by the pilot's voice floating through the intercom. I pecked Luca on the mouth and he stirred and opened his blue orbs.
"Time to land." I murmured.
"Ok, Babydoll." He stretched as he sat up, making dinosaur noises.
I smiled to myself as he took my hand. Wonder where he's taking me this time.

"We aren't staying in a hotel this time Babydoll, I hope you don't mind." Luca said, biting his lower lip.
"I don't care as long as the place has a nice soft bed." I replied, rubbing my eyes and massaging my sore neck.
"Oh we will have a bed," He reassured me. "We are staying with some friends of mine...Francesca and Laurent."
"Kay." I said and watched as a small red Mini Cooper made its way towards us, kicking up dust behind it.
"Hello!" A man's voice boomed.
"Laurent!" Luca smiled and they did that weird bro hugging thingy. I shook Laurent's hand and accepted a kiss on the cheek. A woman got out of the car too.
"Francesca, lovely as ever." Luca smiled and kissed her on the cheek.  Francesca and I kissed each other's cheek. Wow, meeting someone took a lot here.
"Francesca, Laurent, this is Mia." Luca introduced me.
"Nice to meet you." I murmured.
Francesca smiled at me and touched my arm.
"Beautiful. Very beautiful." she said, her accent thick. Laurent nodded in agreement.
Luca looked down at me and kissed my forehead. I blushed a shade of pink.
"Let us go back to the house and catch up." Laurent smiled and helped us into the Cooper.

About half an hour of driving later, we turned into a long driveway. Dirt and small pebbles flew up against the windows, making it hard o see. The radio came on, and Laurent immediately started singing along. I looked at hi as he sang. He was tall and masculine. He couldn't have been more than 22. He brushed a flop of wavy black hair out of his eyes and smiled at Francesca. Se rolled her eyes and joined in on the chorus, her voice clear and confident. She was a petite woman, no older than Laurent. Her blonde hair was roughly cut into layers and brushed her shoulders. Her deep brown eyes crinkled at the corners when she smiled. I watched as Laurent took her hand. It was clear that they loved each other, it wasn't fake feelings. I laid my head on Luca's shoulder, closing my eyes. He lace our hands together, as the car pulled to a stop. What a driveway. We stepped out and Laurent and Francesca helped us haul our bags out of the trunk. I turned and gazed at the house. Terracotta tiles made up the roof, and ivy sprawled up the siding like spreading fingers. Wildflowers grew in window boxes underneath the many windows. It felt like home...like back in Michigan. I felt someone's hands on my shoulders.
"You like the house?" She asked.
I nodded. "I love it."
Francesca smiled and opened up the front doors, the aromas of food and wine and candles and sunshine smacked me in the face. I inhaled and followed Luca inside.

Francesca and Laurent showed us our rooms and left us to ourselves.
"Ready to explore Babydoll?" Luca asked, car keys in hand.
I nodded. "Let's go!"
Luca and I jumped in the Cooper and headed to town.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Surpri..." Luca stopped when he saw my expression. "Trevi Fountain." He replied.
"Trevi Fountain?" I asked.
"Yes."
We parked a block away and got out. Warm sunshine danced across my face and the sound of many voices filled my ears. Luca grabbed my handcuffed hand and brought it up to his mouth. He kissed the back and I stood there, grinning like an idiot. Luca smirked like he was proud of having that effect on me. He led me through crowds of tourists and street vendors, advertising their merchandise. Rome was gorgeous, with its old, rustic feel and rolling hills. I glanced back up at Luca just as he looked back and caught my gaze. He flashed his pearly whites and his hair shined in the sun. His eyes were sparkling with excitement. Again, I walked in a daze for a moment, butterflies torturing my stomach once more. Luca suddenly stopped and of course, I bumped into him.
"Ow." I said, rubbing my forehead.
I peeked around Luca, a fountain taking up the space. It gurgled and splashed water droplets onto people passing by. Coins glittered at the bottom, catching the sunlight. Pale white statues were perched atop the fountain, staring down at the citizens and tourists. With out hands still entwined, Luca dug around in his pockets with his free hands, bringing out two pennies and handed one to me.
"Throw it in and make a wish." He said.
I rolled the penny around in my hand, thinking of my wish.
"At the same time," Luca said. "one..."
"Two..." I murmured.
"Three!" We exclaimed together, tossing our coins. As they sailed through the air, we closed our eyes and wished.
I wish to know if our love is true.
So cliché. The wish echoed through my mind and I opened my eyes just in time to see our coins hit the water with a little *bloop*. I turned to Luca, his eyes just opening. A smile broke out across my face and spread to his. I snapped a few pictures as Luca lead me once again through the plaza. I hoped that my wish would come true.

Luca once again drove off, the opposite way from our temporary home. I read the sign as we passed.
"San Crispo." I read aloud. The heat was more intense as it got later and my hair started to stick to me. I hastily pulled it up into a bun.
"Awe, Babydoll, is the heat bothering you." Luca said, smirking.
I sent him a look of death and his grin spread.
"I've got just the thing." He said, taking my hand and helping me out of the car.

Luca's P.O.V.

I helped Mia out of the car and spun her around. Her giggles filled my ears, making me chuckle as well. I held her hand as I led her into a shop. Ice cold air from the air conditioner hit me and relief washed over me. We both turned to see rows upon rows of gelato.
"What flavor Mia?" I asked after a few moments of browsing.
"Strawberry." She smiled.
An employee came out. Her long black hair was tied into a pony tail, her shorts were almost cutting off the blood flow to he legs, and the top showed more than enough. Makeup decorated her face, an attempt of beauty. She served us our choices and I pulled my wallet out.
"No, no. It's on the house." She winked.
"Erhm...thank you..." I shuffled away, but she only leaned closer.
"Welcome hun. If you need anything..." Her lacquered finger pushed again my chest and travelled upwards. "let me know." Her finger stopped at my lips and she strutted back into the back room. I looked towards Mia, her anger clearly visible. Her handcuffed hand was clenched and her knuckles were white. She stalked out of the shop, pulling me with her.
"Hey, it's ok." I tried to calm her, but she didn't say a word, just got into the Cooper.
"Mia. You know that I only love you right?" I asked.
Before she could answer my phone rang.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Luca. Laurent and I wanted to know if you and Mia wanted to join us for a night at the club tonight?" Francesca replied.
Mia nodded and I said into the phone. "Sure. Be there in about 15."

Mia's P.O.V.

"Francesca, I really don't think this is..." I trailed off.
"You look stunning." She assured me, straightening my curls.
I gazed into a full length mirror in front of me. The girl in the mirror mimicked my movements, but looked too gorgeous to be me. Francesca had dressed me in a fitted blue tank top and tight black jeans. She paired them with a pair of ballet flats. She curled my hair and did my makeup. My lashes brushed my cheeks when I blinked and pretty gray eyes looked at the reflection through the dark eyelashes.
"Thank you!" I exclaimed and hugged her with one arm.
"You're welcome." She murmured and hugged me back.
"Can I see now?" Luca whined. He was already done up with help from Laurent.
Francesca rolled her eyes and undid the blindfold. Luca's eyes widened when he saw me. I grinned and looked back at my reflection. My curls framed my face and my eyes penetrated my soul. (hahah yeah I know.) My shirt threw of the bits of sunlight that streamed through the windows and my jeans clung to me in all the right places.
"Gorgeous...as always." Luca smiled.
"Ready to go?" A voice called up the stairs.
Francesca fastened her earring and called back, "Ready!"

When we arrived at the club, the stars were out and the music thumped the ground. Laurent and Francesca walked hand in hand ahead of us and stepped into line. We followed them, not even noticing people staring at our wrists. When we made it to the front I felt the bouncer give me a once-over. I shuddered and made my way past him, his eyes boring into my back. I heard a familiar beat and jumped up.
"I love this song! Come dance with me!" I led Luca to the dance floor.

We moved together with the beat. The music was loud and the floor thumped beneath my feet. Technicolor rays of light jabbed through the dance floor, reflecting off the walls and people. Francesca and Laurent appeared beside us, dancing. This was fun.

After a while Luca and I went off to get drinks. My phone started to ring.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Mia!" Jess and Stella screamed.
'What?"
"Mia..."
"I'll call you later! I can't hear you!" I shouted and hung up.
"Hey Luca wanna go...." I trailed off as I found Luca's back turned to me. A tall blonde stood in front of him, wearing next to nothing. She twirled her hair around her finger and smiled as she curled her tongue around her martini stirrer. Luca smiled at her and she moved closer. He was flirting with the bitch! Luca then laughed at something she said. My heart halted.
"What are you doing, flirting with a piece of trash?" I snapped at Luca.
He turned and met my gaze.
"We were just talking!" Luca exclaimed, shocked.
"Oh really? She was practically on top of you, begging for your tongue to be down her throat." I snapped.
"I cant explain..." The blonde said.
"Save the shit, bitch." I growled.
"You were on the phone..." Luca trailed off.
"So that gives you the right to flirt with another girl...while I'm standing right here?"
He said nothing.
"Give me one explanation of what you were doing with her." I whispered.
Again, he said nothing. Tears filled my eyes and my heart shattered. I stared down at the handcuffs. I pulled and then a loud snap rang though the air. Small pieces of metal fell to the ground and my hand fell to my side, Luca's to his.
"I guess this is a sign. Goodbye Luca." I spat, fighting to keep my voice steady.
Then the blonde had the nerve to pull him to her and kiss him. My heart shattered again and I fled the club. Behind me I heard Luca's footsteps.
"Mia! Mia! Mia wait! Please!" He begged.
I ignored him and ran out. The bouncer stopped Luca and he struggled against him.
"Mia! Wait! Don't go!" He shouted, his voice breaking.
I raised one hand and hailed a cab. I looked behind me, and met Luca's pleading gaze. He had stopped struggling against the bouncer.
"Mia. Please...please don't go. I'll make it better. Just don't go." He begged, tears threatening to spill.
I felt like I had been shot in the chest a thousand times. I turned and slid into the taxi, tears spilling over. With every second passing, I was getting farther and farther away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 12.8K 53
~"What have that bag ever done to you?" I feel someone touch my shoulder. My instinct took over, I spin around and gave a circle kick. Tyler dogged...
7K 273 13
The long await sequel to The Bond We Form. James Grant Rogers was eldest son and training to take the thrown. But what if he's calling in life doesn...
3.1M 183K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
1.7M 112K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...