Our Eternal Ruin (Auslly)

Por JoanneRauraAuslly

You don't want to fall in love but you just do . Love's just unexpected. Especially when the girl you love's... Más

1.Prologue
2. The beginning
3. Lamb
4. What If
5. My Life
6. Blow the Whistle
7. Sacrifice ? I'd rather not
8. Frat Party
9. The Note
10. Let me Save You
11. Stay
12. That's my girl
13. To-Do List
14. Be my Saviour, Not my Ruin
15. Getting Ready
16. Kiss a hot guy ? Check
17. Something's wrong with Austin
18. Will you be my Girlfriend ?
19. Dez knows
20. What could go wrong ?
22. Three Weeks
23. Friendly Sleeping
24. Learn how to swim, Check
25. Skinny Dipping, Check
26. Everything's going to be fine
27. I'm sick, Ally. Really sick !
28. Face your Fears
29.Grateful
30. Ruin
31. You're my favourite
32. Don't be dead
33. The beginning of forever
34. The ring on her hand
35. We're Fearless
36. She held my heart
37. A brand new start
38. The wedding
39. The blindfold
40. A story that would never end
41. Our night

21. Meet the parent

161 8 0
Por JoanneRauraAuslly

Holy shit. I was taking a girl home. Somebody start a fire in Hell — because it's officially frozen over.

~Austin~

"You nervous?" I asked as we pulled onto Fauntleroy Way in downtown Seattle.

It boasted of only twelve houses in the little gated community meaning we had mega privacy.

I swear my dad had cameras everywhere, even at the end of the street just in case someone sketchy wanted to get a view one of us in the pool.

Not that they could, there was enough landscaping to make the house its own private resort, not to mention the fact that we had over a half mile of private beach. You know, if you could call a rocky coast a beach. But every summer we had sand brought in from the tropics. Just to make it look legit.

"A little." Ally sighed and looked out the window. "So which house is yours?"

"Everything you see on this side of the street towards the water? It's all ours."

"Huh?"

"A main house, two cottages, a few tennis courts, a man-made pond, and then that house over there..." I pointed to the far end of the property as the gate opened making it easier for her to see. "...is where my Oma stays when she visits."

"Uh, Oma?"

"Grandma," I corrected myself. "Sorry, my mom was half Dutch, so when I was little, my grandma was Oma."

Ally grinned and then sucked in a sharp breath as the second gate opened to the main house.

I drove through and tried to imagine what it would look like through her eyes.

Obviously I'm aware that it's huge, but as sad as it sounds, it's normal for me.

There's at least six thousand square feet, not the largest mansion in the world, all glass windows with sharp angles, allowing for the sun to shine through.

It was white and had been remodeled from its original brick form in 1927 to look like an architect's paradise.

There were exactly seventeen steps leading to the massive fifteen-foot tall oak entry, and just as I pulled the car to a stop, the butler walked out and opened Ally's door.

"Ma'am, we've been expecting you."

"Ronald." I nodded my head in his direction.

He grinned at me.

At eighty-two, he was a force to be reckoned with. He wasn't really our butler anymore, since technically he'd retired twenty years ago, but my dad hadn't the heart to let him go, so now he greeted guests, brewed beer in the cottage my dad let him live in rent-free, and basically kept the house running since my mother's death.

"Mr. Moon." Ronald clapped his hands on my shoulder and pulled me in for a hug. "It's been too long, how are you?"

He knew I was sick.

But he never treated me any differently.

He just refused to discuss it — I understood though — everyone in his life was gone.

He and my brother had been very close. He'd taken Anthony's death really hard and I knew mine would be just something else that might cause his heart to finally give out.

"Good, I feel great," I lied and hugged him back. "Dad home?"

"In the study waiting." Ronald smiled and clapped twice.

Two staff members ran down the stairs to grab our stuff.

I held out my hand to Ally. "Ready to meet my dad?"

"Holy crap." She wiped her hands on her jeans before latching on to me. "I feel like I'm about to meet the president or something."

I threw my head back and laughed. "Trust me, it's 'or something'. He's not that intimidating. Promise."

I could tell she didn't believe me. Her eyes kept getting wider and wider as we walked farther into the house.

The foyer had a bridge-like walkway that went directly toward the main room. A huge bay window let in tons of light from the front, we took a right and went to the study.

"Dad?" I called.

"In here."

I kissed Ally's temple as I clenched her hand and led her into the large study. It was decorated in an Old World style, complete with mahogany-wooded walls and matching bookcases.

Dad was sitting behind his large desk, sipping brandy.

"A little early to hit the bottle, eh dad?" I joked.

His eyes narrowed, and then he laughed. "Yes, well, I just fired Alfred, so I imagine I'm allowed to drink."

"What?" Alfred had been one of my dad's closest advisors for years. "What for?"

"Embezzlement."

I cleared my throat and nodded toward Ally.

Dad waved me off. "Surely it's hit CNN by now." He tapped his desk as a flat screen descended from the West Wall.

Sure enough, as soon as the TV came on, there was news about the scandal.

"So." Dad turned off the TV. "Who is this lovely creature?"

"Ally." She held out her hand. "It's nice to meet you, sir."

"Sir?" My dad's brows furrowed. "Do I look eighty?"

"Er, no?" She gave him a shaky smile.

"Mike." His eyes twinkled. "You can call me Mike, just don't call me Dad. It may cause a heart attack. I can't imagine this one settling down yet." He pointed at me and shuddered. "Poor boy can barely do his laundry and tie his shoes."

"Hilarious." I rolled my eyes.

"You can cook, can't you?" Mike crossed his arms. "I mean, that's why you brought her, right, son? To cook Thanksgiving dinner?"

I knew he was kidding.

Ally, however, didn't.

Wide-eyed and pale, she stared at him as her mouth dropped open and then closed again. She looked at me with a hint of panic in her eyes.

I kept a straight face as did Dad.

"I, um..." Ally released my hand and tucked her hair behind her ear, a move I'd come to recognize as a nervous tick. She was freaking out. "I could totally put something together. I can't promise it'll taste like what you're used to, but I can try."

Damn, she was a sweetheart.

"Where'd you say you got her?" Dad said, completely ignoring her answer.

"College."

"She's smart."

"I know." I put my arm around her.

"And sweet," Dad pointed out, walking around his desk. "And dare I say... beautiful."

"All things I'm very aware of. It's why I stole her away."

"Smart man." Dad chuckled and winked at Ally. "Dear girl, you don't have to cook, I was joking."

"It's all I have for entertainment these days with Austin gone all the time and his bro—"

Dad's face went pale. "His brother is no longer with us, as I'm sure you already knew. So I do get lonely. I apologize if I made you uncomfortable."

"No problem." She smiled warmly and patted his forearm.

His eyebrow lifted as he offered his arm.

She took it, beaming up at him as if he was the damn sun.

"Now..." Dad cleared his throat, making a nice recovery. "Why don't we get you settled in your room, and we'll let Austin get us something cold to drink. You do know you're welcome to stay the entire break. We love visitors, and anything you need, I'll be sure to have Melda—" He stopped talking to Ally and yelled, "Melda!"

"Here, sir." Melda came around the corner, demure as ever.

She was Ronald's wife, also late in her years, but the best cook in the known universe.

"Melda here..." Dad gestured and then directed his attention back to Ally, "...will be sure to get you anything you desire. Hot chocolate? Coffee?"

"Coffee." Ally nodded. "Never hot chocolate."

"Son," Dad called back to me. "Find me one about twenty five years older and we'll talk."

Ally frowned in confusion. "One?"

"A beautiful lady such as yourself." Dad released her hand, kissed it again, and nodded in my direction. "I think I'll stop hogging you, and allow my son to give you the grand tour. I'll get the drinks."

"Thank you." Ally grinned warmly.

Dad smiled warmly in our direction and walked off.

"I love him," Ally said once he was out of earshot.

"So does the rest of the world." I chuckled.

"No..." Ally put her hand on my arm. "He's amazing. You're so lucky to have him. Really. I would do anything to... well, you already know that. You're just lucky."

Not really.

I mean yes I was damned lucky to have an awesome dad.

I was even more lucky that my dad was loaded enough to get me the best drugs, but lucky? I didn't feel lucky. Not when I was giving Ally her first and last tour of my house.

I knew how girls worked; the little wheels in her head would be turning 'round and 'round, imagining Christmases, birthdays, all normal celebrations. Hell, even New Year's.

I hadn't told anyone yet, but when I thought about 2016... When I thought about New Year's, I couldn't actually picture myself here.

It was as if I was a shadow, no longer existing, but watching from a distance.

The sad part was the minute I watched Ally and my dad, I could see her years from now, still charming parents, possibly meeting her future in-laws, and it killed me inside.

It actually made me think I was having another bout of nausea from my drugs, but it was all self-inflicted, because again I was reminded of what I would be missing. And it wasn't the silly things like playing football or getting a bowl game this year.

It was her.

And that made me want to fight even more.

Just like Dez said. I could do this. I could beat it.

I'd sure as hell try.

In the past, fighting for football or for school or music had never been a huge pull for me.

But beating this for her?

Yeah. I'd fight demons for her. I'd fight the darkness in me, the sickness.

I'd fight that damn tumor.

And I'd live.

Because I sure as hell wanted a 2016 with that girl in my arms.

____________________________________________________________________

Firstly, I think that the last line holds a lot of meaning behind it :(

Secondly, I un-officially announce today (12-8-15)as 'School crying day'. Today there were tons of emotional girls crying in class. It was sad, annoying and weird. But mostly sad to see .

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

111K 2.6K 36
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...
6.7K 253 17
HIGHEST RANKS ~ #2 in raurafanfiction (08/19/2021) God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you. ~ "What if...
38.2K 2.4K 39
An angry senior grieving the absence of a best friend navigates a blended family and finds hope in first love. Kareena hates everything. Freya is lo...
6.1K 448 9
"Nothing was declared, There was no deals, no promises, no ring Even so Whenever I'm close to you, I seem to forget about that."...