Out Of Sight, Always In Mind!

By DoctorWhoWrites

Keya Sharma was orphaned at ten, but her life only shattered after the death of her brother. She was brought... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
SAM's Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 : The Party Begins
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 : Part 1
Chapter 20 : Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 : The Facebook Freud
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 : Part 1
Chapter 24 : Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Teaser :: Chapter 36
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 : Part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 : Part 1
Chapter 45 : Part 2
Chapter 46 :: The Bachelors
Chapter 46 :: Aanya and Raj
Chapter 46 :: Tanya and Krish
Chapter 46 :: Keya and Vivan
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chpt 50 : 100k reads Special!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Only If..
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 42 : Part 1

1.4K 63 12
By DoctorWhoWrites

*unedited*

Keya and Krish decided to meet at a pizza joint near their offices.

When Krish told her about his time with Tanya, Keya spoke, "You are such a jerk! When I was listening to the song, you had irritated me calling my choice lame and boring.! And the same song you've used to enhance your love life!"

"Stop being dramatic!," he laughed.

"So? How was it huh?," Keya teasingly asked.

"Different. It was different. Even you know I've kissed a number of girls, but this was different," he told her.

"It's okay. You need not go into details. The fact that you still remember how the kiss felt is enough to tell that, boy, you are whipped," she said.

"I'm not whipped!," Krish replied.

"You are!"

"No darling. What your boyfriend is, that's called whipped!," he smirked.

"Vivan isn't the guy who'd get whipped so easily. He does love me and it shows, that's all," she defended him.

"What did you do last night? Did you do the deed?," he asked and tried to control his laughter.

"Shut up ya! You know I'm a virgin," she said.

"So? You said that you are a virgin not because you are orthodox but because you need to be sure about the guy," Krish said, "Aren't you sure about Vivan?"

"We've been dating just for over a month now! He is an amazing guy and I want to be with him forever. But then I'm like, I've waited this long, why not a few years more. Not everyone gets married a virgin these days! That'd be different right? And this could also be a real test for Vivan, knowing his reputation," Keya said though secretly she knew he was a virgin too.

Krish nodded and they ate their pizzas. Though Keya had talked so much, Krish's mind was fixated on one line she spoke, 'Not everyone gets married a virgin', and he remembered the phone conversation with Tanya when Keya and he had a fight while he was in Australia! Tanya had said something about not being a virgin. It had completely slipped his mind until now.

Krish wondered if Keya knew about it. He wanted to know but this wasn't the right time, so he decided to wait. After lunch, they went back to their respective offices.

Keya met her boss and talked to her about the vacation she had to take.

"Leave in an application. I'm sure it won't be a problem," she was told.

"Thank you Ma'am," Keya said and left.

She went to Rishi's office to tell him about it.

"Don't worry we've got it covered. And I'd get in touch with you in case we need anything from you," he assured her.

"Thanks man!," Keya said, "Let's go on rounds shall we?"

"Yes lets go," he said and they went around the hospital to check out the functioning.

Keya called her driver to take her to their head office where Vivan was. He must have been done with the call with his Dad.

Keya went directly to his office.

Vivan was with Sahil when Keya arrived.

"Hello boys," she said and sat.

Sahil was reading and writing like a robot.

"Take a break!," Keya told him, "You work more than Vivan I think.!"

"I'm supposed to," he giggled.

"You are coming with us right? For my cousin's wedding?," she asked him.

Sahil dropped the pen in his hand and replied, "Vivan won't be here. So its not really possible for me to come."

"Oh I'm sure it is!," she said and looked at Vivan, "Vivan?"

"Yeah you should come. Vansh will take care of the office. Don't worry," Vivan told him.

"See?! You've always been too hard on yourself!," Keya told Sahil.

"I'll go to my office. You both talk," he smiled at them and left.

"Let's go in," Vivan told her and went to the lounge attached to his office.

"How'd it go?," she asked him.

"He talked all business. Didn't ask about me or my brothers! He refused to even look at me. He talked to the point like usual and hung up once he was satisfied," Vivan said and covered his face with his hands.

Keya placed her hand in his hair and massaged his head.

"Atleast he talked," she said.

Vivan kept his head on her lap and closed his eyes. Keya patted his head lovingly.

"I think I'll go home for a few days once we come back," he said.

It broke Keya's heart to know that Vivan didn't yet consider India home but she knew it was the right decision. Their father loved them, and if Vivan met him in person, it would be a better thing.

"Yes you should. Your mom was saying she would go too, you can go with her," Keya suggested.

"Vansh is so stressed you know? He doesn't show but I can see it. The only time he is calm and happy is when he is with Karan," Vivan said.

"Talk to him, when he is with Karan, you join them. That will help your bond too," Keya told him.

"Yeah. You know everyone says that Karan looks like bhaiyya but I think he looks like me," Vivan smiled.

"Is it?," Keya said, "But he is way more cute than you."

"No one is more cute than me," Vivan pouted.

Keya pinched his nose, "Also more naughty!"

Vivan's phone rang.

"Work!," he sighed.

"Hello?," he spoke and waited for respond.

"I'll be there in fifteen. Page everyone to be there," he said and hung up.

"Sorry sweetheart but I have to go," he told Keya.

"What's with sorry and all! Its alright!," she said, "I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow?," Vivan asked.

"Vivan, we've talked about this! I anyway have a date with the girls. I can't meet you later," she said.

"Okay," Vivan said, "I'll call you once I get home."

"That'd be cool," she said and hugged him, "I love you."

"I love you too," Vivan smiled.

...

As soon as Keya reached home, she called up designer and informed him to come at the Rathod House. She took her mother along, and they all met in Vivan's bedroom since it was most spacious.

Keya had purposely not told Vivan that she would be at his house. In case he arrives while she is still there, it would be a sweet little surprise to him.

"Let's start with the bride," said the designer.

His assistants helped Manya change and she tried out three different outfits.

"I liked the first one better," said Manya's mother.

"Me too," said Keya and Tanya.

"But the lehenga of the second one is better," Aanya said.

"Ah don't worry darlings," the designer said, "I'll redesign it for this pretty lady."

"Awesome," said Tanya.

The girls took their turns to try on their dresses. The women selected a few sarees. Vansh's mother bought one for Simran.

When they were having tea, Tanya got a message from Krish saying, 'Need to talk. Free tonight?'

Tanya had talked to Krish in the morning and things were good then. What must it be that Krish wanted to talk about suddenly.

"Hey Ke," she asked Keya, "You met Krish over lunch right?"

"Yeah why?"

"Look at this," she said and showed her his text.

"Ooouu," Keya spoke, "You want me to ask him?

"No! Its okay. I may be over thinking. It can be nothing," Tanya said.

"Yeah it can," Keya told her.

Keya tried to recollect their talk as she sipped her tea but yet came up with nothing.

Krish could be unpredictable sometimes but Krish thought that rather than predicting, he should rather talk to Tanya.

Aanya went to Varun's room and found him playing the guitar.

"Nice tune," Aanya said and Varun turned around.

"Hey!," he smiled, "Done with the dresses?"

"Yeaaah! It was so boring. But I got some good dresses. The ones in which I look like a 'girl'," Aanya said using her hands to draw quotations in the air.

Varun laughed, "Who is that stupid guy who doesn't think you look like a girl otherwise!"

Aanya replied, "Just a friend of mine who is a hopeless romantic and pulling legs is his only talent!"

"Must admit that its his very good talent too!," Varun told her and they laughed.

Aanya jumped on Varun's bed and told him to play some nice song. He played the tune of 'Yeh dosti hum nahi todenge' from the classic bollywood legendary film Sholay.

"An English song would have been better," Aanya told him.

"Stop complaining. Here I am trying to ode our friendship! And there you are doing.. Doing.. Doing what exactly?," Varun asked when he saw her typing on her phone.

He kept away his guitar and went to lay down next to her.

"What is Raj saying huh?," he asked teasingly.

Aanya locked her phone and kept it aside, "Nothing. He just went to the gym."

"Let me see your chats," he said and took her phone.

Aanya took it back from him and said, "Don't you have any courtesy to even ask?!"

"Seriously Aanya?," he smirked.

"Fine!," she gave her phone to him.

Both of them were at that stage of friendship where there was no embarrassment of any sort and obviously no secrets.

Varun continously laughed as he read their conversation.

"Are you laughing at me?," she asked.

"No dumbo! I'm laughing at his efforts. I mean he is trying and trying. And look at your replies! Some of them are just so irrelevant!," Varun said.

"If you think my replies are lame, you surely must be knowing what replies are smart," Aanya said, "Help me then! To talk to him!"

Was Varun ready to take such a big step. Helping out his best friend but at the same time helping a guy who he didn't even really like. Aanya could take care of herself, he thought. He had always thought that girls couldn't take care of themselves but coming to India had changed that. Girls like Aanya and Keya could really look after themselves, he thought. And just in case, he was there for her right? So why not? For Raj could turn out to be a good guy!

"Okay!," Varun replied, "I will!"

"Seriously?," Aanya smiled.

"Yeah anyway you think I'm into guys. Might as well try one!," he joked.

"Let's do it then," Aanya agreed.

...

When Vivan returned home with Vansh, they were told that the girls had just left. He immediately called Keya and spoke, "You were home? Might as well have waited for me!"

"Yes babe, I wanted to but I had to go pick up Manya's orders from the jewellers before they shut. Sorry sweetheart!," she explained.

"Oh never mind, I'll see you tomorrow then? Coz I think i'll take to the bed now, totally exhausted," Vivan said.

"Alright. See ya then. Good night. Sleep tight!," she said.

"Take care you! Love ya," he said.

"Love you too," Keya replied and they hung up.

"Look at the blush on your face," Manya told her, "You are totally into him, aren't ya?"

"He is amazing," Keya told her and asked, "You think bhaiyya would have liked him?"

Manya let out a hearty laugh and replied, "Your brother wouldn't have liked any guy that set his eyes on you. Buy otherwise, yes, he would have liked him. Vivan is a smart young man and the way he is doing in business, I'm sure he won't let you down. And whenever I see you guys together, I don't fail to make out the chemistry and the way he looks at you, trust me you will be his princess for life. Sameer would have totally loved a guy like him."

Keya blushed. No one knew her brother better than Manya. So she was happy to hear what she had to say.

...

Krish was at Tanya's house. They waited for Keya and Manya to return.

They were standing in the balcony sipping on some coffee when Krish took out the topic.

"Tanya remember the day I had fought with Keya while I was in Australia," he asked.

"Oh very well. You know who had found her that day? Aarav. Do you think he still likes her?," she said.

Krish laughed and replied, "Vivan is in serious trouble if he does. But I think Aarav is a changed guy now. Even if he likes her, he won't ever show it. He regrets what he did in the past. He is still living with that guilt. We had decided we will help him right?"

"Yes I remember but you've seen his 'bachelor-for-life' attitude right?," she said.

"Anyway, we are going off the topic," Krish spoke, "Do you remember our phone conversation from that night?"

Tanya made a face as she tried to remember.

"You have screamed at me. I was really scared of you that night," he laughed.

"Yeah I think I remember," she laughed too, "You wanted to talk about that? So do you want me to scream at you or not?"

"Well it does sounds sexy when you do," he said.

"Screaming it is then!," she laughed.

"There was something more though," Krish said.

Tanya immediately realised what Krish was talking about. She had mistakenly almost revealed the fact of her not being a virgin. This had to be about it.

She went and sat on the bench and looked at him, "Let's not beat around the bush Krish. What is it?"

"I don't really know what to ask exactly but I just want you to know that I'm in no hurry to know, or maybe even know at all. I feel that if you think its something I should know then you will tell me when at the right time. I didn't wanna interrogate you Tanya but wanted you to know that I trust you," he said.

"Oh Krish. You have no idea how much of ease you've given me and I promise you I'll tell you everything very soon. I don't think it will affect our relationship in any way but I do want you to know," she said, "Give me some time yeah?"

Krish went held her face in his hands and said, "Take all the time you want."

Before they could say anything more, Keya drove in with Manya and they went downstairs to meet them.

Back in the afternoon, Krish was very keen on knowing what Tanya had meant but as the day progressed he realised that, she won't keep anything from him that's important. Also, he had no right over her past for he wasn't really a part of it.

Tanya wanted to tell Krish each and every thing but it wasn't her secret alone to share. She had to inform Kabir about it before she spoke to Krish.

...

The next morning was same as the last one. Keya was picked by Vivan and they went to office together. Their morning drive helped both of them in a way. Keya told Vivan about ways to connect to his colleagues such that they deliver their best while Vivan helped Keya to be authoritive without turning bossy.

Their rest of the day went by smoothly and Keya had called Krish to ask him to pick her up but just then, Rishi arrive, "There has been a bus accident. 26 casualties, kids and women included."

Keya's heart sank but it was time to work. This was the first time the hospital was facing this situation. Keya had to stay back and take care of legal stuff.

"Hello? Hello??," Krish had answered.

"Hey! I might take long. Emergency here. Don't wait up," she said in a hurry and hung up.

Vivan too had been busy till the night. But the moment he got free he called Keya. She didn't answer his call until the fourth time.

"Hey so sorry! Have been busy!," Keya spoke.

"You still at the hospital?," he asked.

"Yes. A bus and two cars met with an accident. So there was a lot of paperwork involved and the police get so uncooperative sometimes! Plus families are flooding the waiting area, need to control the chaos. How much ever the security, the families are emotionally disturbed. I had to go talk to them all personally. Also its just Rishi and Me working tonight. I'll be late," she spoke in single breath.

"Should I come over?," he asked.

"No! I'll handle it. Don't worry!," she said.

"But who'll handle you?," he asked.

"Don't worry! I'm well fed!," she said.

"I hope you are! Drop me a message if am asleep when you get home. And call me if you need anything! Anytime!," he said.

"Yes sweetheart! Chalo I gotta get back now," she said.

"Alright. Take care. Love ya," he said.

"Love you too," she replied and hung up.

...

When Vivan woke up the next morning, the first thing he did was check his phone.

'No text or call?,' he thought.

He called her up but the phone was switched off.

'Battery must have died,' he reasoned out.

He went to her place at the usual time. He parked his card and went inside. The maid got the door for him.

Krish was coming down the stair doing something on his phone when he saw Vivan.

"Hey good morning! I was calling you only," Krish said.

"Good morning. When did she get home?," he asked.

"I guess four!," Krish said, "She's asleep."

"Alright! Guess she would be taking the later shift then," he said.

"You had breakfast?," Krish asked.

"Oh yes. My mom doesn't let me out without breakfast," Vivan told him.

"Vivan beta?," Krish's mom arrived.

"Hello Aunty! Good morning," he greeted her.

"Good morning my child. Good you came. I've made poha today," she said.

"I'm full but I'm surely gonna eat," he said, "I love it."

"I know. Keya told me," she said, "Come boys, let's eat."

...

Keya woke up later than she should have so she rushed through her routine and got to her car. She called Vivan as she was on the way.

"There you are," he said, "How are you feeling?"

"Am good! Am good! I think I overslept! So sorry didn't call you last night," she said.

"It's okay babe. Where are you now?," he asked.

"Oh I'm on my way to the hospital," she answered.

"Are you driving while we talk?," he asked.

"Seriously Vivan? Does that really matter? You are on the speaker and you know am a safe driver," she said.

"Yeah thats right! Wanna meet up later?," he asked.

"Totally," she said, "I drop by later. Let me first go check out the situation at the hospital."

"Fine by me. Okay I gotta go now. We have some japanese delegates visiting. Vansh has given me their responsibility. So have to conduct meetings with them, show them around and do all the official work too."

"Seems like we have a busy week!," Keya said.

"I'm glad we've taken an off next week," he said.

"Trust me you will enjoy it!," Keya told him.

"Alright babe. Bye for now. I'll see you yeah?," he said.

"Yep! I love you," she said.

"Love you too," he said and they hung up.

...

After Keya's evening shift ended, she was told by her boss to work the night shifts since she was taking an off next week. She politely agreed.

She had an hour off so she went to see Vivan.

It was Krish who she came across first.

"Keyyyyyy," he went to her and hugged her.

"How are you?," he asked.

"I'm goooood! But I have a bad news. I'm working the night," she pouted.

"Damn!," he said.

"Yeah!! And my shift begins in an hour," she said.

"You told mom?"

"Yes. She'll be sending me the tiffin."

"I'll grab some coffee for you," he said, "Till then go meet Vivan. He's busy but I'm sure he will spare a few minutes for you."

"Okay," she said and went to Vivan's office.

"Good evening ma'am," Vivan's assistance greeted her.

"Good evening," she went to her desk, "Can you please ring Vivan for me?"

"Yes sure," she said and called,"Sir, Miss Keya is here... Alright."

"He says he will be out in a min," she told Keya.

"Thanks dear," Keya smiled at her and walked around the waiting room.

Vivan took exactly a minute to come, and hug her before kissing her forehead, "Sit," he said and they sat on the couch.

"How was your day?," he asked. She told him about it and also her extra shift.

"Why didn't you call me? I would have told them not to do so!," he said.

"No Vivan! You know I don't like unjust favours," she said, "I'll manage don't worry."

Sahil came out, greeted Keya then asked Vivan, "They are starting to discuss the restaurant chain!"

"I'll be there in a minute," Vivan told him and he went back.

"Vivan don't keep them waiting for me," Keya told him, "I'll see you tomorrow too."

"Yeah but we haven't talked since quite some time. I have so much to tell you," he said.

"And so do I! But we have  entire week ahead!," she said, "and you don't wanna disturb Vansh do you?"

Vivan made a face.

"Come on baby! Now give me a smile and get back to work," she said.

Vivan pouted instead of smiling.

Keya laughed at him before kissing  his pout.

"I love you," she said, "I'll see you soon I promise. Go now."

"Okay," he said and hugged her tightly before going back to his office.

Keya went to meet Krish who had returned with coffee and they went to sit in the reception area of their floor.

They sat talking about their days. Mostly Keya told him about her experiences.

When it was her time to leave, Vivan walked there with his Japanese delegates.

"Keya," he said on seeing her, "Was about to call you."

"Oh I had some time more so we had coffee," she said.
"

"Okay. Well these guys want a tour of the hospital," he said, "Can you help me out?"

"Obviously. Don't you worry!," she told him.

"Thank god! I had a lot of work here," he sighed.

"Leave it all on me!," she said.

Vivan introduced her to them and they got ready to leave.

"Bye boys," Keya said once she was in the lift.

"Take care," both of them said at the same time and all three of them smiled at it.

...

When Keya got back the next morning Krish was ready to leave. She called up Vivan but he didn't answer. She called up Varun who said he was still asleep. Keya was thankful that Vivan was asleep since he had been waking up early for her.

She thought about waiting for him to wake up but her body gave away. She sent him a message and went to sleep.

...

Krish and Keya found time for each other living in the same house but Keya and Vivan had fallen prey to their hectic schedule.

It was finally Friday, their last working day. Keya managed to end her work by the evening and so did Vivan. Vivan called Keya who was already home.

"Hey babe," he spoke.

"Hey!! Finally free!," she said.

"Yes!," he said, "Get ready in say about two hours? I'll pick you up. It's a formal party!"

"Wait what? Vivan I'm sorry but I don't think I can come.," she said.

"Please tell me your are kidding," he said.

"No Vivan, I've been exhausted for the entire week. I haven't even packed! And I need to relax. We've got a day full of travelling ahead," she said.

"A little time won't hurt. The delegates are leaving tomorrow too and this party is for them. They liked you when you showed them around. I'd like to introduce you to them as my girlfriend," he said.

"Oh so if they hadn't liked me, you wouldn't?," she frowned.

"Keya don't make stupid assumptions. I would have taken you anyway. I'm just saying why you can't say no," he said.

"I think my health is more important to me, if not you, and so am not coming," she said.

"You think its not to me? I'll personally look after you and drop you home early," he said.

"Vivan I said No!!," she shouted.

"Two hours," he said and hung up.

Keya was utterly frustrated at the way Vivan spoke to her. Her mood got all cranky and Krish didn't fail to notice it when he got home. Keya blew him off when he asked her anything.

Vivan called again and Keya picked up after cutting his two calls.

"I'm near you house come out," he said.

"Don't you understand english?," she said.

"I'm coming in," he said and she could here him turn down the ignition.

Keya screamed and stomped her feet on her way downstairs. Krish followed her. She caught him outside the main door itself. Krish was just a few steps behind.

"Why don't you get it am tired," she told him.

"Why don't you get it? It's important for you to come," he said.

"Had you talked to me politely. I would have reconsider," she said.

Vivan offenively took a step towards Keya and that was the cue for Krish. He went and stood in between them and pushed Vivan away.

"Krish!!," Keya shouted.

"How dare you touch me," Vivan raised his voice and held Krish's collar.

"How dare you talk to her like that. She said no means a no!," Krish shouted at him instead.

"Shut up!," Keya screamed at the top of her voice, "Both of you! Leave each other!"

They took a step backwards.

"Apologise to each other," she told them.

"Sorry," Krish said, "Don't ever talk like that to her again."

"I'm not apologising. He came at me," Vivan said.

"He was looking out for me," Keya said.

"Well he doesn't need to anymore," Vivan said.

It was a heated argument. Krish clenched his fists but Keya would get really upset if he said or did anything.

"He will! And no one can stop him from that! You know what? Leave me alone! I don't want to talk to you anymore!,"Keya said and went inside. Krish followed.

"Keya?," Krish called out as she ran up the stairs.

"Applies to you too! You shouldn't have touched him," she shouted at him.

Krish stopped on the stairs, turned around and sat there.

Vivan left in his car and raced his car to the party, fire blazing within him.

Keya sighed heavily and covered herself with a blanket. She was seeing history repeat itself. She anyhow had to not let it.

...

...

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 2K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
45.7K 3.9K 63
โ€ข She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. โ€ข Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
589K 36.5K 47
"๐๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ ๐จ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ... ๐’๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐Œ๐ˆ๏ฟฝ...
174K 11.5K 48
#1 in Forever together. #1 in Long lost love. This story is a full package of; ๐Ÿ”ธLove, ๐Ÿ”ธRomance, ๐Ÿ”ธComedy, ๐Ÿ”ธDrama, ๐Ÿ”ธRevenge, ๐Ÿ”ธInteresting plots...