The Corpse Groom

By Creatorgirl608

She were doomed to be married, though thinking she isn't ready yet. Her sisters have faith in her, others wer... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2

25 1 0
By Creatorgirl608

"Miss Van Lord, from the beginning, again..." John groaned as he held his bible open in one hand. Mifune and Nygus were standing side by side in front of the little table, each holing an unlit candle,a glass of wine in front of them, between them, Mifune had done this with the young girls including Marie and Azusa who are now waiting near the window for Nygus to finish her turn of the rehearsal, the problem is that some of them had mess up their lines like Marie but it took them a few minutes to get them right, but for Nygus it's been three whole hours and she still can't get them right.

 Quoting what Nygus was to say John continued, "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows, your cup shall never empty for I shall be your wine, with this candle, I will light your way in darkness and with this ring, I shall be forever be yours, Now you try." He said.

"Yes,yes sir" Nygsu said a little nervous and held up her candle. "With this candle" she said, going to light it, but it didn't light, "This candle" again it didn't light. "This candle....."

She could hear Marie talking to Azusa behind her, "Should I go up their and do it for her?"

"Don't get in such a rush sister" Azusa said, she can also hear the other girls snickering in the back.

"She'll never do it" said one of them.

"Yeah, no Mather how many times she try." Said the other.

" Ahem" John said getting Nygus's attention, allowing her to realize her candle was lit.

"Ah" she brought it back to her, "With this candle" the candle went out, groans of exasperation were heard with some laughter from the other Young ladies.

"CONTINUE!" John said loudly before Justin told him to not be so harsh when the door bell suddenly rang causing them to flinch.

 Arachne look at Mosquito "Please her the door" she said.

"Yes me lady" he said heading towards the door as John said "Let's just pick up at the candle bit"

Mosquito came back and gave a card to Arachne "Who is it?" She ask "A lady name Mary Sibley" he said, that was the same thing that the card said. He walked off as Mary walked up to Arachne.

" I haven't a head for dates, seen I'm a day early for the ceremony," she said examining her nails.

Arachne look at the card than look at Mary "Is she from my side of the family?" She thought.

"But I can't recall" she said and raised her hand snapping her fingers "Mosquito please get a seat for lady Mary"

Mary began to set down without a seat as Mosquito placed the chair under her. Nygus,Mifune and the others stared at her and she wave her hand. "Do carry on, don't let me interrupt the rehearsal" she said.

"Let's try this again, shall we Nygus Van Lord" John said, losing his patience, "Please try calm down father" said Justin.

 Mifune leaned towards Nygus, lighting her candle using using his own as Nygus spoke "Yes,yes sir" she said, raising her left hand.

"Right!" John snapped.

"Right, right, oh right!" Nygus said in realization accidentally tossing the candle in the air and quickly grasped it with her left hand as she raised right.

" With this.....this...t-this" Nygus fumbled with her words.

"HAND" John said.

"Right with this hand" she said, Mifune lend her his hand which she grasp as they walked up to the table, accidentally bumping into it almost spilling the wine.

"Three step! Three! You blithering fool!" John snapped "Father John please try to calm down" said Justin "can you not count? Do you not wish to be married?" He accused.

"No,no, of course not!" Nygus said quickly "What!?!" Cried out Marie and Azusa. Mifune gave her a hard look " You don't want to get married?" He repeated.

" No! I mean I don't, don't want to be married!" Nygus said quickly, starting to feel fear swell up inside her. Why was she so terrible with her words?.... oh right her father wanted her to be married to someone like Mifune but she has to learn her lines first.

John smacked Nygus on the head "OW!" "Father John Please!" "Pay Attention! Have you even remembered what to do with the ring?" He asked.

"The Ring! Of course!" She said reaching for the ring on the table they are using for the rehearsal,holding it delicately between her bandage fingers as Marie winked at Azusa, She was about to give it to Mifune so he can slip it on to her finger when suddenly, it slipped out of her fingers.

Nygus quickly dropped to the ground, trying to catch the ring as it bounced and rolled on the ground.

"She dropped the Ring!"

"Oh the Ring!"

"Dropping the Ring!, This girl dose not want get Married!" John yelled out as the ring rolled under the curtain and Nygus without thinking, reached under it to grab ring.

"Excuse me" Nygus said quietly as she got the ring and stood up, but she wasn't holding the candle "I got it!" She said holding it up "Does anyone smell something burning?" Ask Marie. They turn around and let out a yelp as the candle that was on the floor lit curtain on fire.

"FIRE!!" Scream one of the girls and the rest of them ran out.

"HELP ME!" Nygus yell out as she began stomping on the flames, Azusa quickly move in helping her sister by stomping on the fire trying to put it out.

Marie began fanning it, apparently 'trying to get the fire out' as Azusa screeched at her not to fan it and told Justin who as also helping to get some water while Arachne trying to tell the other girls to calm down, John just had his mouth open in sheer disbelief as he groaned and close his bible, placing it on the table.

Mary walked up, and dumped the wine on the flames killing it. Tossing the cup in the air, Mosquito ran up behind her, letting it land on a platter.

"ENOUGH!" John yelled than he turn to Arachne "My lady I just want to say that these ladies will make perfect Brides" the young girls were over joy with glee "All but one"

"Oh no" said both Marie and Azusa, knowing who as he turn to Nygus.

"Nygus Van Lord is clearly not ready to be a bride until she is properly prepared!" He said to her.

Nygus was feeling sheer terror as John walked up to her pointing his finger at her, "Young lady,learn your vows and get rid of those bandage"

All eyes turned to Nygus, she backed up bumping into the door, feeling for the doorknob, she opened it and ran out of the house.

"Nygus!"

Mifune was just standing there in surprise as Mary stood a little ways away from him."Well, she's quite the catch, isn't she, a clumsy fool" she snickered as Mifune gave her a glare.

Nyua stood at the bridge, holding the flower Mifune gave her in front of her as she let a sign, she fket like crying now but she fight back the tears.

"Oh Mifune....." she said looking at the water. "He must think I'm such a fool right now" she signed reattaching it to her dark green dress "This day couldn't get any worse"

The town crier waled along the city right in Nygus's view ringing a bell. "Here-ye,Here-ye, wedding rehearsal ruined! Van Lord Girl cause Chaos!" He said and looked right at Nygus and she glare back at him "Wedding between the Van Lords and Changs could be canned! Van Lord ruins rehearsed!"

Nygus was already walking away from him and into the woods by them.

Head hung low, she talked to herself "It's just a few vows" she said to herself and stopped, "With this h-han, I will take your wine....no that's not it" she said.

She continued walking, trying to recite the vows "With this hand I will cut your.....Oh goodness no!" She said placing her hand against her face and shaking he head. After a while she was in a darker part of the forest.

"W-with this...with this candle....I'll....set the curtains on the fire" she signed "Oh what's the use"

She sat down and took out the flower, "It's no use..... maybe their right....maybe I wasn't meant to be a bride" gazing at the flower with depressed eyes. She brought it up and took a sniff of it's lonely fragrance.

She put the flower away as she stood up, "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows your cup will never empty for I will be your wine," Finding confidence, she fix her hair. Sing a sharp, pointy leafless tree she said, "Well hello sir, you looks dashing this evening," What's that? You want to have a dance with me? I would love to" she said acting like as if she's flatter while imaging it was a man.

She broke off a part of a branch, using it as a candle and pretending to light it. "With this candle, I will light your way in darkness" she said then she saw something shining in the ground near the old oak tree, she bend down,dust some of the dirt and found a webbing ring. It look like it's been there for a long time too but it still prefect.

" And with this ring, I will be forever yours" she said inserting the ring onto her finger.

The wind seemed to pick up and Nygus glared at the trees behind her, there was at least one crow on each branch staring at her and she didn't notice the ground of the spot where the ring WS move beneath her.

Suddenly something from in the ground burst out and grabbed her arm,pulling it into the ground. Nygus let out a surprised yell as this happened all the crows jumped off the branches flying at her. She pulled her arm out letting out a terrified scream to see an arm pulling her down and began a sort of tug-a-war match trying to get her arm out of it's grip, she fell back and sat up holding her arm, some of her bandage got rip off of her arm. She began wrapping the remains of the fabric  around her arm but something started to come out of the spot.

Nygus stared in sheer horror as it climbed out of the ground. It had blue pale skin and was wearing a ripped wedding tuxedo and a top hat with hole in it. He lifted his head, staring at her with faded white eyes and whispered

"I do"

He extended his arm towards Nyhus who in fear began crawling away, jumping up and running off. The wind blew the bandages that gotten ripped off towards her as the dead groom picked them up before making his way after her.

Nygus kept running, glancing behind her as she went down a hill, she fell, rolling off it most of the way, hitting her head on a tombstone, when she looked the hill, the dead being was still making it's way towards her in a calm walk.

She slid off of the tombstone and continued running and looked over her shoulder a bit as she looked forward she ran right into a tree. Stumbling a bit and clutching her eye, she saw a bleary form of the dead groom still walking towards her. As she turned to run she ran right into the same true again but quickly recovered and ran by it. Running onto a frozen stream, not even able to run that well she looked behind her to see it was still in pursuit of her and had sort of a smile on his face.

She manage to get on the other side of the stream and continued running as it easily crossed the stream.

She shoved her way past the branches seeing the birdge coming into view but suddenly got stuck among the branches. Shoving her as hard as she could past it, she got free, part of her dress getting ripped off it as she ran towards the bridge. A folk of crows started flying at her, diving towards her head as she reached the bridge, she dropped into a crouch, covering her head with her arms as the birds flew past her.

Slowly lowering her arms, she stood up, staring at the end of the bridge near to having a nervous breakdown she looked and saw no dead groom. Letting out a small smile of relief she turned around. She began backing away and turned around only to be bumping right into the dead groom.

Backing up as he took steps toward her she became trapped between the side o the bridge and him as he placed his hands on her shoulders, bringing himself closer to her.

"You may kiss the bride" He said to himself in the way a pastor would say to the groom before he closed his eyes and planted his lips against, Nygus's.

Then all went black for Nygus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389 31 11
A story of a girl who have nothing but herself, filled with curiosity, a lil impatience, childishness and kindness who has to get married to a heartl...
34.1K 1.1K 15
Chuuya was to be married to a complete stranger. Before he knew it, during the wedding, he was on the run.
15.2K 389 6
They were due to be married, though they never before met. Her parents were thrilled, his were fulled with regret. But in a moment of anger, Trisha d...
1.1K 51 23
She saved his life during an accident, and he insisted on marrying her to repay the favor. Once the news got out, everyone wondered why a strong, pow...