Imagine

By mealle

Imagine, not having your parents around while your growing up and never having the chance to learn right fro... More

Chapter 1-The East Side
Chapter 2- Leaving
Chapter 3 - The West Side
Chapter 5 -Visiting
Chapter 6 - Mint, Anyone?
Chapter 7 -Wanna cheat with me?
Chapter 8- Ready,Set, Don't Get Caught
Chapter 9 - Old Man Stan
Chapter 10 - What Would My Brother Think ?
Chapter 11- Babysitting
Chapter 12- You, Me & Charlie

Chapter 4- The Truth

1.1K 78 46
By mealle

I woke up to the sound of Cassie shrieking about how she couldn’t find her favourite shirt that matches her Gucci purse. I rolled out of bed then pulled out a pair of jeans and a black tank top. I went to the bathroom and quickly showered, brushed my hair and applied some make-up. I don’t wear a lot, just the occasional mascara and eyeliner but don’t pay for it, who would pay for this crap? Stealing is an adrenalin rush, hoping you don’t get caught and you feel accomplished for getting whatever you took for free. To me it's not a crime... it’s a hobby. When I feel I looked appropriate for school I walked downstairs to the kitchen. My Aunt looks at me, she didn’t say anything but I could tell she wasn’t happy with what I was wearing. Ignoring her, I grabbed a bowl and poured some shredded wheat and milk, Cassie came down just a little after me and my Aunt Judy turned around and gently pushed her hair behind her ears.

“Cassandra you look beautiful. I love your top!” I glanced up from my cereal to look at it, it was an ugly pink and the neck was almost high enough to be a turtle neck.

“Thanks Mom. I thought it looked too fancy, but then I remember fancy is better than trashy.” I carried on eating cereal at the table and even though I couldn't see them, I felt them staring at me. I shouldn't care but for some reason, it made me want to drown myself in my cereal.

“You're right honey, some girls just wear low cuts that show everything! Remember less is more and cleavage looks trashy," Aunt Judy stated matter-of-factly.

Did they actually want me to commit suicide in my bowl of cereal? I could feel them glaring at me again. Cleavage looks trashy? Yeah, you tell your daughter that because she has no boobs! For girl who do though, when you wear tight high cuts you feel suffocated. You need to let the girls breath. My shirt wasn’t that low cut anyways. Just because my shirt shows my neck and a little more doesn’t mean I’m trashy. You want to see trashy? Then go to the East side and look at the girls who have shirts show there bellies and the shirts are see-through! Compared to them, I'm practically a nun!

After a while of Cassie and Aunt Judy discussing what they like and subtly commenting on the way I dress, Cassandra started talking to me-

“Are you sure you want to where that to school?" she eyed me up and down. "People can be very judgemental.”

“I’m sure,” I stated and then put my bowl in the sink.

“Okay but I you want tips from me just ask,” She called to me as I began walking upstairs. Like I would want tips from her, she is so annoying and doesn’t even have the same style as me! I picked up my (what colour is the backpack.. add here so it's like grey backpack etc) backpack. I took the bong out then hid it in the back of my closet and made sure that it was hidden by my clothes hanging clumbsily on hangers. I grabbed my  worn out black backpack and walked downstairs again.

Aunt Judy asked me to drop off and pick up Max from school because her and Cassandra would be at the orthodontist after school and she was taking Cassandra out for breakfast before school. For people in the West side grade ten was the first year of high school; you went to elementary school untill the end of grade 6, middle school to grade 9 and you start high school in grade 10. In the East Side there were public school grades, kindergarten to grade eight and then high school nine to twelve. So for all the teenagers my age, this day was special. Probably why Aunt Judy was taking Cassie out to breakfast. I didn’t see why she couldn’t drop Max off, I didn’t even know where the schools were! I found Max brought him to the door and put on my Gwen-favored Rasta shoes, they are probably the most expensive piece of clothing I own. I like shoes, even heels, I just don’t wear fancy shoes often. I know fancy shoes doesn’t seem to match my personality but I’m still a girl.

As I was leaving my Aunt Judy quickly yelled me the directions to Max's school.

“Okay, thanks Auny Judy!” I hollered back.

“Judith,” She corrected but like she ignores me, I ignored her and waved good bye. Max has so much energy I was practically running to school! He led me to his school where he gave me a farewell hug and then he ran off to his friends. According to my Aunts directions my school should just be a block ahead, I looked up and saw it. I put my headphone in one ear, if I was actually going to school then listening to KMK was necessary. I walked up and people started to stare but I used got used to the unneccessary stares. I opened the doors and walked inside. The school was way bigger than my old high school, it was kind of intimidating. I walked around untill I found the main office. I walked in and went up to the secretary.

“Hello, can I help you?” she peered at me through her rectanglar specticals.

“I’m new here and I came to get my information.”

“Okay one second, what's your name?”

“Jenny Malcom.”

“We have a Jennifer Malcom... I suppose that’s you?” her green orbs looked up at me for only a second before returning back to the computer screen.

“Yes,” I replied as she handed me my papers. Why couldn’t anybody here just call me Jenny! I walked away reading the paper that was just handed to me; my locker number is 215, I have English then Gym/parenting, science and lastly, Art. It wasn’t that bad schedule although it didn’t really matter since I'd be skipping most of the time. I only came today so I can meet some people to chill with and maybe make a good first impression on the teachers. I walked to my locker and just my luck, guess who I see? I saw Aiden standing with his locker which was two down from mine. He looks at me and started to walk towards me. I quickly threw my backpack into my locker and began to walk away but I turn around he's standing right behind me.

“You look nice today.” Oh my god, this kid never gives up.

“What do you want?”

“What makes you think I want anything?”

“Your being nice,” I folded my arms.

“Maybe that’s the real me,” He smirked. I stared at him, I knew he was lying and I gave him the 'for real' look.

“Okay maybe not, do you have anything on you?” Seriously that’s all he wanted? I knew what he was talking about but I was going to make him suffer. I put my hands in my pocket.

“I have... 3 dollars, a piece of gum and my iPod," I held out my hand to show him.

“I mean do you have anything on you?” I didn’t have anything on me or he should grow up and say the real word since knows that no one was around. It's not like I want him to scream it, just whisper is quietly. He didn’t even have to say the real word, I’d take dope, weed, grass, bud, kush , even blue berry yum-yum for fuck sakes! I looked at him confused, just to torment him. He sighed exhasperately. 

“You know what I’m talking about!” He hissed at me.

“I know,” I smiled.

“What are you going to make me beg for it? I got money for you!”

“Why should I?”

“Please?”

“I don’t actually have any on me,” I smiled and turned the corner. I didn’t know the jock type was into stuff like that. I should have guessed last night when he pointed out that I was high, like they say: it takes one to know one. I wish I had some on me because I could use the business, I didn't think people around here do it. But at least I’m going back to the East Side this weekend. I can meet up with Stan and chill with Michael. The bell rang and I went to my class. Apparently everyone was more lost then me cause I was the first one to class even though I purposely waited till after the second bell rang. I walked in there and the teacher smiled at me.

“Hello I’m Ms. Mason, I’m you math teacher. What’s your name?” she smiled at me, she seemed friendly enough.

“Jenny Malcom,” I said hoping she call me by my preferred name.

“Jennifer Malcom?” she asked, I was beginning to get pissed off. My name is Jenny!

“Yes,” I answered curtly.

“Okay but would you prefer to be called Jenny?” Finally someone asked for my opinion!

“Sure,” I said like it didn’t really matter. A few minutes later random strangers walked into the class room and sat down. Then I saw a familiar face, is was Maddie. She came and sat down next to me. Another familiar face soon entered the class also, it was Cassie or as she announced to the class, Cassandra now. The teacher took attendance and when she called my name it was almost Jennifer but it slowly turned into Jenny. We just talked about what we had learned and what we were going to cover. This was the same for all the classes of today. By the end of the day I was bored out of my mind, the bell rang and I rushed out of the school. It wasn’t the same as the other school, at least if I went to school on the East side and that is if I went. I would be with people just like me, in some sense, know what it's like to have nothing... well almost nothing.

Living on the East Side wasn’t a choice (well unless you were previously a hobo, like Junky Jim) because people went there when they had no were else to go. It was everyone’s last choice. It should seem weird that now its my choice of destiny, but it’s where my friend Stan is and everyone else I grew up with. Sure I grew up here till grade six, you think that matters to anyone. They all know me as a druggy, maybe I smoke weed, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have more to me. I’m clean, I’m not a greaser, I like to think I’m funny and I love to draw. I remember when I first moved to the East side with Josh. I didn’t have many toys and Josh didn’t really have money to buy me anything. He already got a job and quit school for me so he gave me a pen and paper and I would just sit there drawing for hours. Whenever Josh got arrested, I sat in the cop station with those cheap crayons and draw. Where ever I seemed to go, drawing was the one thing that was always an option. I always wanted to be an artist but they don’t make money unless they are dead. I think I am on the right track, weren’t most famous artist on drugs. Like I said before though what’s the point in dreaming when you know it's not going to come true.

I arrived at the elementary school and started my search for Max. When I found him, we began walking and when we left the school I saw someone out of thte corner of my eye. I looked back and then grabbed Max’s hand so that I could pull him so he would walk faster. Aiden was walking behind us and I didn't want to walk with him. After our speed walk home, Max is out of breath. I soon found out that Aunt Judy wasn't at home so that left me to watch over Max. I thought maybe I could just put him in his room and he could watch T.V. It worked for a while, almost enough for me to be able to pull a few cones. But as soon as I was about to get the stuff out my closet, I heard a knock on my door. I quickly shut my closet door so no one would see my beautiful art work on the door and then I went to the door. It was Max and he was hungry so I attempted to make him a sandwich, with some whole wheat bread but there was nothing to put on it. So me and Max we going for a walk to that little diner. We arrived at diner and ordered some burgers. Maddie was working again so I sent Max to a booth so we could talk.

“Why do you have Cassandra’s brother with you?” she asked me.

“He's my cousin and I’m living with them,” I shrugged.

“Oh, so you live with Cassandra too?” she cringed slightly.

“Unfortunately,” I laughed. We soon had to go because I wanted to get back before Aunt Judy so I said my goodbye to Maddie and we began our jouney back to the house. We were just a few steps away from home when I saw a familiar car drive by, it was Michael’s. I wondered what he was doing here. That was until I saw drive by me, slow down in front of Aiden’s and throw at least two dozen eggs at his house. The car then did a U-turn and came back past me. I saw Stan and Michael in the front of car and guys piled in the back . They beeped and kept going. I wasn’t upset that they didn’t stop. 

If I just egged a house I wouldn’t want to stick around. I couldn’t help but wonder if that was Michael’s way of getting back at Aiden. I laughed to myself at this thought, Aiden keyed Michael’s car. Michael would be doing way more than just egging his house. Something told me this was far from over and if it wasn’t then Michael would be ruining the East side’s reputation. It’s reputation of being tough. We could beat a West Sider any day and we didn't need weapons like them, it was an image we have spent years creating. When I say “we” I mean more like my brother and his friends. They ruled the East and were feared by the West. In the East side I was untouchable, after all I was “Little Malcom”. No one messed with me, else they got a visit from my brother. Hence the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.

On the West Side I was hardly known but when I was I was always hated, dissed and mocked because they had something against my brother. It probably explains the lack of friends I have made since I've moved here. I know I haven’t been here long but something just tells me I won’t be making anymore friends. Thanks to Josh but I don’t really care. I don’t need any of these rich stuck up snobs being my friend. What makes me angry is they used to know Josh and I and were friends with us even before we moved away. Josh was a jock, popular with the girls and probably would have become a professional basketball player. I was a little blonde girl with the dreams of being a cheerleader, my destiny growing up to be Ms. Popular. But things change. It’s weird how where you live can change you social status, dreams and personality. If I were a cheerleader now, I’d probably shoot myself. I didn’t need girls that are cheery all the time with fake personalities, I just need my friends from the East side. True friends that will be there for you. Fight for you and hey may even take a bullet for you. If I knew the personality of anyone the most, it would be my brother’s friends. I grew up around them, learning from them and if I’m right about knowing them, then egging Aiden’s house was not the end but only the beginning.

My thinking was cut off by Max-

“Do you know them?” He asked curious

“Yeah,” I smiled at them.

“Wow, they seem kind of scary. How do you know them?”

“They’re Josh’s friends.”

"Where’s Josh anyways?” He asked in confusion. I couldn’t believe my Aunt Judy never  told him. I didn’t care if I was going to get in trouble. I was going to tell the truth.

“Well Max, Josh is 26 and can live on his own...” I started off muttering. For some reason I could bring myself to say where Josh was. I guess I just didn’t want to admit it.

“Oh,” he replied. I then cut him off-

“But that not the reason why Josh isn’t here.”

“Why isn’t he here and why do you live with us?”

“Well Josh went to jail, and I lived with Josh so I came to live with you guys because I need a guardian.”

“And cause you missed me,” he said grinned and then ran away to greet his parents. We were by the driveway and by the looks of it they just got home. I hardly missed them, but out of all of them I missed Max the most. He was the least annoying of them all. I wasn’t looking forward to having to eat dinner with the family again, at least I had burger already so I wouldn’t starve. Max followed me up the stairs to my bedroom.

“Max your parents are home, what do you want?” I said as nicely as I could. He may be the least annoying but he was still annoying.

“I have more questions,” he replied through the crack in my door.

"About what?"

"Everything!"

I stood there only holding it open enough for him to see me. Guarding it to make sure he didn’t come in. I really didn’t feel like answering questions for him. After all everything is a very big subject.

"Max, I’m tired. Go ask your mom,” I shut the door closed.

“Fine!” he yelled through the door and then kicking it in a pout. I was about to get up and tell him to knock it off when I heard someone coming down the hallway, it was my Aunt Judy. I could hear her and Max talking.

“Max, what are you doing? Stop that now!” she declared.

“I’m trying to get Jenny to answer my questions,” he replied in a pout. I imagined him giving her puppy dog eyes, making her fall for his tricks.

“Call her Jennifer honey, and I can answer you questions.” Why couldn’t she just drop the whole Jennifer thing. It wasn't my name! I should be called what I want to be called.

“What did Josh get sent to Jail for?”

“Well, um, honey...” My Aunt stuttered over her own words. “Who told you her went to jail?”

“Jenny,” there was a long pause before a shrieking scream.

“Jennifer Katherine Malcom!” I knew by the tone of voice that I was soon going to be in so much trouble. I don’t know why though, I just told him the truth.

“Coming,” I yelled back. I wasn't looking forward to getting yelled at but I  guess I should just get it over with. I opened the door and saw my Aunt giving me a death glare, I didn’t see what the big deal was. I just told Max the truth. If looks could kill though... I’d be dead.

 *************************************************************************************************************

A/N  I know the story is alittle slow and boringish but these things are leading up to more exciting parts. Cover on the side made by storybehindthemusic

If your into harry potter check out XxDontmesswithmexX 's  Druna a Harry potter fanfic. :

What happens when Draco Malfoy falls in love with Luna Lovegood, but her heart belongs with someone else?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 7.3K 38
what happens when the new girl with a not so new problem meets the town's youngest one? a story of fear, pain, and love:readers will engulf themselve...
3.6M 49K 54
Heaven is a 16 year old teenage girl. She runs away from home because of her parents who treat her like she is nothing. But when she runs away, she g...
1.3M 31.9K 34
Lily is a good girl. She gets good grades, doesn't party or drink, she always obeys the rules. Lily seems like your perfect teen right? Wrong. Her mo...
784K 23.8K 35
17 year old Jess has had a crappy life ever since her mom left her with her dad. Hes always drunk and beats her. She had to drop outta school to hold...