My Rival - Karma x Reader

Por Hatsuye-Heichou

Note: This is also on Quotev under the same name - I own it there too. Karma Akabane - the only rival you've... Más

Prologue
Stubborn Girl
Sexual Harassment
Playing Truant
Last Year's Incident
A/N and Quick Question
Fun Get-Togethers (Plus A/N Regarding Gakushuu)
Miyo Takahashi
Water is Evil
Rivals Galore
Inconsiderate
A/N - It's good news, don't bloody complain.
Umbrellas
Bonus Chapter - Valentine's Day Special
Diary of the Deceased
Distracted
Water is Evil Part 2: Attack of the Tentacles
The Longest Bathroom Break Ever

(Y/n) and Karma Starring in... KYOTO ADVENTURES!

10.1K 378 403
Por Hatsuye-Heichou

Chapter 5

A/N: Just in case y'all can't remember all the characters (I know I can't), Kayano is the green haired girl, Sugino is the baseball player, Kanzaki is the ex-arcade gamer, and Asano is the Class A guy who looks way too much like Karma. Enjoy~

"Karma, do you want to join our group?"

"Jeez, Nagisa," you say, exasperated, "do you have to invite him?"

Walking over and smirking at you, he says, "Sure, Nagisa, I'd love to join you and (Y/n) on our trip to Kyoto." Suddenly, he winces, a foot bashing against his shin.

"Don't forget us," Kayano nags, kicking Karma. Sugino awkwardly scratches the back of his head.

Giving up, you say no more on Karma's intrusion on your group. Sighing, you sink in your chair, letting the rest of the group decide on the last member. It ends up being Yukiko Kanzaki, who you remember occasionally meeting at the arcade.

She smiles at you, and you grin back. You miss those days of gaming. You, Kanzaki, and Miyo would challenge anyone who thought they could beat you, and would utterly destroy them – at least, usually.

Remembering the times you had with Miyo, your smile fades and you break eye contact, leaving Kanzaki wondering why.

"(Y/n)," Kayano said, "be sure to bring your 3DS so we can play Super Smash Bros on the train."

Quickly hiding your melancholy with a smile, you reply, "Come on, Kayano, you know I suck at that game."

Kayano takes a deep sigh. "Why don't you just call me Kaede? We've been friends for a while, and I call you by your first name."

It's been a while since you felt so happy. "Sure, Kaya – I mean, Kaede."

"She just has trust issues," Karma jokes.

"Shut it, Karma, I do not!"

He just shrugs, not pointing out that you have no qualms about using his first name. See, Miyo? Karma thinks. She's doing just fine. He, too, misses her, even if his sadness doesn't haunt him like it does you. Despite what he's said, Karma does feel some guilt for what happened, but if he said that, it would only make you hate yourself and him more.

"...I'll bring mine, too," Kanzaki says. "My 3DS, that is."

You glare as the students that attend the main campus board the train. As usual, they get better treatment – in this case, a first class coach. They jeer and jive at your group while they enter the train, forcing Kaede to keep you back from punching them. She had originally hoped that giving you her bag with the incredibly heavy guidebook that Koro-sensei had written up would discourage you from trying to attack people, but that plan didn't exactly work. Kaede doesn't have to tell you they aren't worth it, but it'd still feel nice to introduce their noses to your fist. Then Class A lines up. None of them say anything, remembering you and Karma from their class the previous year. All but one of them board the train, and Kaede releases you.

Before getting on the train, the last student approaches you. Karma starts to step forward before Nagisa grabs his arm, shaking his head.

"Your fellow try-hards are total dicks," you state, "Asano."

"And your fellow slackers should really get their grades up." Despite his words, Asano acts rather friendly.

Karma pulls free of Nagisa. "What do you want, Gakushuu?" he says, his voice full of contempt.

"Nothing from you, dear Akabane." Turning back to you, he says, "How would you like to join my group for a day during the trip, (Y/n)?"

While the others look at each other confused (Karma fuming), you think through it. You have to work on assassinating Koro-sensei during the trip, but it would seem suspicious to say no. Not to mention you and Asano used to be friends and classmates, if only for one year.

And it got you away from Karma for a day.

"Sure." Sugino, Kaede, Kanzaki, and Nagisa stare at you, surprised, while Asano grins and Karma stifles his anger.

"Great," he says. "Text me when you know what day you want to get together." He gets on the train, and you board your car.

Finding a seat with Sugino, Kaede, and Kanzaki, you pull out your 3DS. Karma goes to the back of the car silently, Nagisa following him.

"Is he okay?" Sugino asks Nagisa.

With a shrug, Nagisa says, "He and Asano aren't exactly friends. This sometimes happens." He sits beside Karma without another word, and the two stay silent.

After playing SSB for a while, Kaede and Kanzaki go up to get drinks. You get up to follow them, but Kaede pushes you back down.

"You totally failed at playing that. You didn't even win once. So, while we're gone, you're gonna practice." Kaede then follows Kanzaki out, accidently running into some boys from a different school.

With a sigh, you sit back down, turning your attention back to your game. Looking up after a couple rounds, you notice Karma sitting across from you.

"What do you want?" you ask dryly.

"Hello to you too." Karma puts his hands behind his head. "Still on good terms with Gakushuu, eh?"

"I'd be lying if I said I'd rather spend my day with you than with him." Crossing your arms, you ask, "Still hate Gakushuu, eh?"

With a shrug, he replies, "I'd be lying if I said I'd rather spend my day with him than with you."

"Harassing (Y/n) again, are you?" Kaede and Kanzaki had just returned.

Karma throws his hands up in defeat, and retreats to the seat in the back with Nagisa. Kanzaki hands you a drink, which you quickly open and drink. The three of you go back to gaming, occupying yourself for the whole ride.

"We're finally in Kyoto!" Sugino exclaims.

"Thanks," Kaede mutters. "Next time try saying something that isn't obvious."

After checking into the hotel (one nowhere near as good as the other classes' lodgings), the groups were free to wander Kyoto. Kanzaki, who had drafted the group's route, leads you and the others around Kyoto. You go to several tourist attractions, and talk about famous assassinations that took place in the city.

Kanzaki takes you to the last place that she had planned to see today. It was filled with dark alley ways, and as pointed out by Kanzaki, a great place for an assassination. However, before you can discuss a plan, you hear footsteps around you.

"Hello, Kunigigaoka brats." You recognize them as high schoolers, and any Class E imbecile could see that they aren't here to make friends.

They begin to surround you. Karma smirks. "Not a good idea."

"Now, kid, we just want to talk to your lady friends." You feel Kaede and Kanzaki move behind you.

Before you're entirely sure what's happening, one of the high schoolers is on the ground, Karma looming over him. "Told ya it wasn't a good idea."

One of them approaches you. Thinking quickly, you pull out the anti-Koro gun. He immediately backs away.

"They have a gun!" he yells.

Yes! you think. The bluff worked! You grip the gun tightly, not sure if you're doing so to look tough or because you're nervous. Suddenly, something hits you from behind, causing the gun to go off as you tumble to the ground. Looking up, you see it was Sugino who pushed you over. Though, it would probably be more accurate to say he was thrown at you.

"...This is just a bebe gun!" Well, there goes your bluff.

Despite his strength and agility, Karma can't beat numbers. He's soon on the ground, losing consciousness. Before you can come up with a clever plan, you're grabbed and picked up.

"Don't touch me, pervert!" you scream.

Karma looks up at you, unable to stand. "(Y/n)..." he mutters before passing out.

"YES!" you yell. "I FINALLY WON!"

"Shut up over there!" You glare at the guy who told you to shut up.

They said they were waiting for their camera men to show, so they let you play SSB until they came.

"You only won because you're the only one taking this well," Kaede grumbles.

"Come on," you say, "we have an alien for a teacher who's sworn to make sure no harm comes to us. We'll be fine."

Overhearing you say "We'll be fine," the man who appears to be the boss of the other students stalks over. "Fine?" he asks. "I don't think you realize the situation you're in here." You merely stick your tongue out in response. "Tch! Impudent brat!"

"I'm surprised someone like you knows what 'impudent' means," you say, turning your head away.

Kanzaki nudges you. "You're not helping," she mutters, worried.

With a smirk, your kidnapper pulls out a picture. "Let me show you something," he says. Looking at it, you see a picture of Kanzaki in an arcade. "We were gonna take you at the time of this picture, but you ended up slipping away before we could. Guess we found you again."

You gulp when you notice the back of your head in the same picture.

"So I suggest you go back to your little video game and wait patiently for our camera guys. When they show, we can get some more pictures of you – maybe with a little more skin."

Hearing this, you narrow your eyes and spit on him. "I could break out anytime I want," you say. "I'll only humor you as long as I'm willing to deal with your crap."

"That's cute," he sneers. "Good luck with that."

After he goes back to the other high schoolers, Kaede whispers, "What was that? What do you mean you could break out?"

You stare at her blankly. "You're kidding, right? We're trained assassins. How hard could it be?"

Before Kaede has a chance to respond, the door opens. The men stand up, excited – it would appear their camera men have arrived. Funny thing about appearances, though – they can be deceiving.

"I can't believe how detailed this guidebook is."

Nagisa enters, guidebook in hand. Karma and Sugino come from behind him. As Nagisa reads off Koro-sensei's instructions on what to do should group members be kidnapped, Karma cracks his knuckles and snickers.

"Nagisa, Sugino!" you say happily.

"Ouch," Karma mutters.

"What the hell?!" the man who had shown you the picture yells. "Where are our guys?!"

"Right here."

Yellow tentacles drop some men in the same uniforms as the guys who took you. Koro-sensei enters, looking pretty happy for someone who just knocked several students out. But then, when doesn't he look happy?

"Sorry I'm late," he says. "Good job following the guidebook, Nagisa." Your blue-haired friend nods.

Koro-sensei makes short work of the delinquents, and Karma unties you while Nagisa unties Kaede and Sugino unties Kanzaki.

"...Thanks," you mutter, not looking Karma in the eye.

"Yeah, whatever," he says. "Let's just say you owe me."

Looking around as Karma helps you up, you realize just how many men there were. It begins to dawn on you that maybe you wouldn't have been able to escape like you thought you would. In the end, you could have died here – just like Miyo.

When that thought hit you, you break down. Karma gestures for the others to leave.

"I – I could have ended up like Miyo...."

"I know," Karma says, "I know.... But you're safe now." He pulls you into an embrace from behind. You stiffen, then slowly relax, not caring who it was that was holding you. You bury your face into his sleeve, trying to keep the shock from being seen. "Come on, let's go back to the hotel."

You both stand up. You can feel your legs shaking and hardly able to hold your weight, and Karma, seeing that, lends you his arm. You hold it and lean on him, too busy thinking about what could have happened to realize what was happening.

The others already gone, you and Karma slowly walk back to the hotel, you holding his arm the whole way. Though your thoughts are elsewhere, it's all Karma can do to keep you from seeing the red on his face. He can't be blamed for blushing, though – he does, after all, have a girl holding him.

Anyone looking in would think the same thing – What a shame it is those two aren't a couple.

A/N: I'm tired. I stayed up late to finish this chapter. I just want some sleep.

Well, let me know if there are any typos. There were some I wouldn't have caught if not for spell check. I blame the exhaustion.

Yaaaay, another chapter. I don't know if I'll keep updating so frequently. So time consuming. So... not sleep.

Why am I complaining to you guys? Just vote or something. Votes make me happy. Good night everyone.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

145K 3.3K 16
(Y/N) gets transferred into the E-Class due to her drop of grades. She hardly ever talks to people in the E-Class, she prefers being alone One faithf...
94.2K 3.7K 25
For Karma Akabane fans ❤️ WARNING ⚠️ extremely cringey ⚠️ You are an orphan with strict and abusive parents who adopted you. Asano Gakushu forces you...
34.1K 1.5K 39
Monster attacks, missing students and the shockingly gruesome discovery of an evil corporation doesn't sound romantic in the slightest, yet while fig...
1.7K 45 30
"𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨." ₊˚✧ 𝙠. 𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙚 ❁ ════...