My Last First Love #Wattys2016

By sparkledelux

"The very thing that pulls them together could very well be the thing that destroys them." Kunbi and Kemi hav... More

The Beginning chapter 1
Blissful friendship (chapter 2) pic of Kunbi
I think you love him (chapter 3)
Bestie Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (picture of kemi
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Reconciliation Part 17
Chapter 18 - Redemption
Chapter 19
Part 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23- A Christmas to remember
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Announcement
Sequel

Chapter 14

228 17 2
By sparkledelux

KUNBI

The sun that shone through the light curtain seemed hot, I wondered why September had to be so hot. Very soon the rain would be stopping and I was really looking forward to the cold season in December. Oh how I loved December and all the Christmas parties we threw in the estate. I looked up the wall to my left and saw that the air conditioning had been turned off from the socket, there was no way I was getting up from the bed soon. Not with my head banging like a drum set.

I was startled when someone shuffled near me, I turned and saw kemi sprawled across the bed. Her right leg was facing a different direction from the left. She had managed to wrap the whole duvet around her leaving me with nothing.
How did she survive under that in this heat I thought and laughed. She did look innocent and adorable. I chuckled as I poked her side but she didn't budge.

"Kemi..." She rolled and faced the other side of the room away from me.

This girl was so stubborn " kemi.." I tugged her this time.
"Huh huh? " She grumbled." Turn off the light" she murmured before using the duvet to cover her face.
She was definitely hilarious as well! She was such a restless sleeper, I couldn't help but wonder how she rolled out of my arms in the night. In movies the girl always stayed in the guys arms until morning but this little miss kemi had to roll out in the night. No wonder I forgot she was in my room.

"Kemi.." I said with a warning voice. "It's time to wake up"

" No! She grumbled from underneath the covers but I heard her perfectly.

" Get up or else I will bring in the cold water" I warned her.

"You won't dare" she sat up straight looking at me with her big brown and clear white eyes.

"No I won't ! Since you are already up" I teased.

She sighed heavily as she fell back on the bed with a puff sound. I looked down on her and chuckled.

Sliding out of bed, I pinched her arms lightly "Common let's pray"

"You go ahead, I am okay"

"Kemi..."

" you can pray for me instead" she said cutting me off without looking in my direction. I wanted to argue, tell her how important praying in the morning was, I wanted to tug at her until she budged but I knew she won't, it was worse now that she was angry at God.
I shook my head and proceeded to my knees to pray
" and please pray for my dad" she added.

"You can just come and join me to pray for him you know "

"....Kunbi please" she said with a monotone voice.

"Fine!" I dropped the argument as I began my prayers, first thanking God, then committing the day ahead. I prayed for my parents, and then Kemi's mum for more strength, I prayed for God's healing for her dad and then for Kemi! She really needed God to touch her.

I could hear kemi shuffle up and down the bed, tossing the duvet around the bed but I kept up with my prayers, ignoring her.

She sighed heavily, before she stood and made her way to my side.

"Amen!" She shrieked "Amen! Kunbi God has heard you already.. get up" she hit my back with a pillow. It was getting hard to concentrate again so I wrapped up my prayers.

" Get up!" She jumped on my back and straddled me. She was unbelievable. I grabbed her legs and jumped up quickly in a way that took her by surprise.

"KUNBI" She screamed but I didn't listen instead I rushed to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

"What are you doing ?" She asked confused.

"I think you need to cool off so shower it is" I threatened to throw her Into the shower which made her scream!

" Don't you dare!" She warned me.
Ow she had guts to even warn me considering I had the upper arm.

"such guts" I said with an evil smirk.

"Okay okay! I am sorry " she screamed when she saw I meant business. "Okay please sorry.

"I Will let you go on one condition " I stated holding her so close to the cold water splashing from the shower.

"Yes please" she was hysterical.

" one, you will cook breakfast today..

"Okay?" She agreed immediately.

"... Two you Will have to Watch a football game with me next week" this time I got her as she whined..

"Hell NO!" She shook her head "and you said one condition."

"Okay then," I pushed her a little into the shower and she screamed " Okay fine I will watch the stupid match"

"Three!" I began

"Oh no there is number 3?" She rolled her eyes.

"Yes and four" I laughed " Okay three.. you will follow me to church on sunday"

" you are setting me up Kunbi" she huffed.

"Yeah Yeah!" It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Arrgggh!" She blew hot air and I laughed.

"What's number 4?" She huffed!

"Hmmmm!" I looked up at the ceiling of the bathroom. It was white with tiny light bulbs engraved into it.
"I will get back to you on that " I looked at her in my arms and smiled.

"Fine! can you just drop me now?"

"Sure!" I let her go and immediately her bare foot touched the cold tiles she shrieked and hung on tight to me.

"It's Cold!!!"

I laughed hard before I scooped her up and took her back to the room.

"Stupid boy!" She eyed me and smacked my arm.

"Yeah Yeah! Breakfast now" I ordered her

"You cant force me you know" she said starting for the room door before it opened. Kemi screamed and jumped back and I must say I was a little bit scared myself . My mum poked her head in and scrutinised the both of us.

"Errr.." Kemi started saying but was still trying to stabilise herself from the shock.

"What were you both doing ?" My mum asked, her voice sounding stern but I could see the smile creeping to her face.

"Nothing!" The both of us said together.

I saw kemi blush and I wondered why she was blushing, it wasn't like we were doing anything. I couldn't do anything with her, we were too close for that but last night when I held her, I couldn't help myself from feeling something deeper than physical attraction. It was perfect! She was perfect.

"Why are you both looking like you just saw a ghost" Mum asked.

"What are you doing here mum" I asked her back.

"Last I checked this was my house and don't answer my question with a question Mister" Mum eyed me.

"Sorry mum, I was just surprised to see you back"

"Ow yeah I came back with your dad about 2 hours ago. I want to prepare breakfast for your dad and Stella"

I nodded and looked at kemi whose countenance had changed.

"How is my mum" kemi asked. She looked sad again and I just wanted to make everything go away.

"She is doing much better" Mum tried to make the situation better.

"And my dad?"

" Still the same " Mum said with a down cast voice as a new wave of silence engulfed us.
"Am sure you both are hungry" she continued with an upbeat tone " Common kemi help me in the kitchen while Kunbi helps his dad with the car. He is already over an hour late for work"
I watched as kemi followed my mum out of the room and shut the door. I was left alone in the room, just the silence and the heat. I thought of putting on the air conditioning but since I was about to leave the room I figured there was no point to leave it on. Pulling off my shirt from last night, I threw on a singlet that revealed my whole build. I was glad my work out was paying off well, Bill had promised he would be more built than I was by the end of the term. Now, I will have that victory laugh in his face.
I smiled to myself as I walked out of the room and down the stairs. I could hear cutteries and plates from the kitchen as I pulled at the hem of my singlet. It was army green in colour with a big print that read 'Awesome'. Kemi was definitely going to comment on it and I was certain the comment would not be "hey Kunbi I like your singlet" but that was the whole point. I needed to hear her odd and sarcastic comments, they made her the more appealing to me and I was smitten! If not more...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707 26 24
Maybe it's fate, or just bad luck. But these two young adults continue to encounter obstacles as they try to find their way to happiness. Will they l...
Brad & Nick By Lex

Teen Fiction

137K 7.2K 23
Two Bros. One Friendship. One may or may not be in love with the other bro's boyfriend.
9K 194 15
A pretty young girl and a handsome young boy living in the same appartment, why wouldn't they fall in love and have a happily ever after? Well, when...
330 18 17
Two girls, two guys. Will their love for each other's friendship keep them together or will their love for the boy of their dreams tear them apart?