polaroid ; lrh

By tiptoesluke

❝are you taking a picture of me?❞ More

pink
friday
snowflake
thunder
tequila
safe
rescue
want
lunch
pinky promise
little j
car radio
chemistry
alone
after midnight
cold
vanilla
skipping
heights
yours and mine
intoxication
forget
friends
astrology
new years
hungover
ignorence
home
giggles
bruises
summer
8128 miles
distance
confident
graduation party
graduation
butterflies
adventures
buttercup
IM BACK
hi hi is this thing on??

getaway

4.5K 170 84
By tiptoesluke

11:00 pm

my head pressed up against the headrest, mindlessly gazing out the small plane window.

luke and i had to have a semi-battle over who would be taking the window seat. after multiple tries at rock, paper, scissors, i finally won.

so the two of us strolled through the airport together, hand in hand, and luke guided me through the crowd.

he kept turning around to check to see if i was okay, giving me the old, "are you alright baby?" squeezing my hand extra tight.

and i would nod sweetly, giving him a reassuring smile, and made our way to our plane gate.

when we got settled on the plane, luke allowed me to scoot in the row first. and his tall awkward body stood in the aisle, placing our carry ons over top of us in the small compartment.

the plane was somewhat empty, considering that it was pretty late and we would be flying for 14 hours tops.

and so now luke plopped down next to me in the middle seat, lacing our hands together and giving it one tight squeeze.

i tore my eyes away from the window and up at lukes beaming eyes. he wore a loose black sweater making him look super comfy, and those classic black ripped skinny jeans.

black on black, that's my boy.

he gave me a weak but sleepy smile, trying to calm my nerves down a bit. i wasn't used to flying long flights like this. in fact, ive never been on a plane for more than 2 hours.

and i needed all the love i could get from him to make it through this flight.

noisy passengers shuffled through their bags, and the air conditioning blasted softly into the air. the lightening on the plane was relaxingly dim, making me somewhat sleepy.

i swallowed deeply and locked eyes with luke, "im nervous." i boldly stated, trying to keep it together.

he softly chuckled and began to run his thumb over the edge of my hand, "we will be there before you know it, babe."

"the plane hasn't even taken off yet." i joked, wondering when exactly we would take off.

and then suddenly the intercom interrupted my thoughts, answering my question exactly,

'attention passengers; we plan on taking off in approximately 5 minutes, please fasten your seat belts and refer to your flight attendants for assistance.'

luke gave my hand another long squeeze, "you got the window seat i should hear no complaints from you missy."

this made me nervously chuckle as i broke our hands apart and grasped into the buckle around my waist. the clasp clicked together as i watched luke do the same.

then his full attention fell back on me, "what can i do to make you feel better?" he shot me the most innocent look.

what i loved most about this boy was how loving he secretly could be. before i had become close with him, i never would have thought that he would be a total sweetheart.

he was always looking out for me, and making sure i was alright. and i did the same for him.

i sucked on my bottom lip, "tell me the very first thing we are going to do in Sydney."

a smirk was plastered on his pierced lip, "well you're going to have to go through the initial meeting of the hemmings family."

i drew out a small breath of air, "oh god," i teased, "what if they don't like me?"

"don't be ridiculous jade," he rolled his pretty eyes, "my mom is dying to meet you."

i couldn't help but smile at this.

i have heard countless stories of lukes mom. it was pretty obviously that he was completely a mommys boy.

"really?" my cheeks flushed with pink.

he nodded, "and my brothers don't even believe that you exist."

i swallowed slightly at the thought of his intimidating brothers, "well why not?"

he tutted some, "jade you would have to really see how i was like back in high school to understand why they think i made you up."

this made me giggle under my breath slightly, which made my nervousness die down a bit.

luke would always tell me stories of how he was a complete dork in high school. as he told me these stories i would always chuckle and believe that he was just over-reacting.

i mean if you look at luke now you wouldn't even believe he was anything close to a dork.

if i do say so myself he is handsome and tall and unbelievably funny. he may be very awkward, but he definitely has some charm to him.

"oh come on luke," i reached out and booped his tiny nose, "i bet you weren't that nerdy."

lukes eyes widened at this, "jade i got stood up by almost every girl at my school, i went to prom with calum."

this made me burst out in laughter, squeezing my eyes tight. i shook my head and instantly grabbed his hand, feeling lonely and as if we haven't held hands in a while.

"well im glad those girls said no," i brought his hand close to my chest and gave it a hug, "you're all mine."

lukes sleepy face creased into a gentle smile, "i played video games on friday nights."

i jokingly rolled my eyes, "did you have any other friends besides calum?"

he shrugged his broad shoulders, "not exactly in fact i-"

and then suddenly luke was cut off by the engine of the plane starting, our surroundings becoming very loud.

i let out a short gasp and instantly gave lukes hand a hard squeeze, clutching onto it tightly with all i had in me.

and then the plane began making its way to the runway where we would take off. my eyes couldn't resist but look out the window as the plane situated itself and made sure everything was on track for take off.

i felt lukes hand squeeze mine back, "this is it baaaabbbee." he pressed a gentle kiss on my temple and then gazed out the window next to me.

i jokingly shrieked and turned to face luke, "i can't watch." my eyes then squeezed shut.

and before you knew it the plane began heating up rapidly, speeding down the runway. my head rested into the crook of lukes neck as he giggled on top of me, watching the plane take off.

then the plane abruptly lifted off the runway, hovering in the air swiftly.

"jade look." he softly spoke into my ear, rubbing my back in order for me to calm down.

trusting my boyfriend, i slowly lifted my head off his shoulder and turned to face the window.

my hazel eyes widened as i viewed the california night sky take over. since it was dark out all you could see were bright lights coming from skyscrapers and other buildings.

everything looked so beautiful and the mountainous areas were captivating. and then suddenly everything didn't seem so scary.

the plane shifted to the side slightly in order to get us on track, giving me a full view of the Pacific Ocean, waves and everything.

I rested my head against the seat and faced luke once again, "no going back down."

he smirked down at me, leaning inwards and gently pressing a soft kiss against my lips.

and when we tore away he kept smiling down at me, "it's just you and me for the summer."

this almost sent chills down my body at the thought of this. who would have ever thought that i would be in this situation right now.

when i walked into that record shop i didn't know i would fall in love with the boy with the polaroid camera.

i didn't know this love would be such a struggle. i didn't know all the sacrifices i would have to make in order to be with him.

i didn't know love could be this complicated. but what i have learned is that complicated can be good. ive learned so much and i don't regret a single second spent with this boy.

and how lucky am i to be sitting next to the most wonderful boy who has ever came into my life. how lucky am i to be traveling across the world with him.

and then suddenly luke began fidgeting with his carry on, causing me to stare in confusion.

he began to take a while so i turned and faced the window once again. the engine was incredibly loud, making my ears pop a little bit.

and then suddenly i heard a tiny click in my ear with a small flash. i furrowed my eyebrows while turning around quickly to find luke, gazing at me with that polaroid camera of his.

he tore the camera away from his eye, staring intensely at the developing film.

"did you just take a picture of me?" i said in between laughter.

he took the photo out of the slot, "of course i did, you're my view."

my lips creased into a smirk as i leaned into him, "let me see it."

luke brought the photo close to the two of us, his head leaning on my head. the photo developed and it appeared to be the back of my head, gazing out the starry window.

I bit down on my lower lip, taking the photo in, "at least my hair looks good." i teased a bit and watched as he placed the photo into his carry on.

"the first of many pictures to be taken during this trip, love." he began to swipe around on his phone screen.

I let out a soft sigh, trying to find a comfortable position. it was going to be a long 14 hours and i needed something to distract me.

luckily luke had downloaded a bunch of movies onto his phone the night before. the genres varied from rom-coms, action movies, comedies (lukes personal favorite; the anchorman), and all the way to disney movies.

luke had allowed me to choose some of my own, and he picked out his. we had a lot of lazy movie days back in California, which led to movie debates and who had the better favorite movie.

i watched as luke brought out his tangled red headphones, plugging them into the bottom of his phone. he stuffed one into his ear and placed the other in my ear for me, causing me to giggle.

i decided to rest my head on his broad shoulder once again, bringing my legs up to my chest the best i could.

luke rested the phone down on the pull-out tray that came on the back of the seats.

"let's start out with Grease." luke sunk deep into his chair, trying to get comfortable as well.

"oooohh," i smiled with excitement, "can you sing along with me plleaaaseee." i begged like a child.

luke pathetically nodded his head, embarrassed that i was actually making him do this, "I'll be the danny to your sandy."

and without another word being said, the movie started playing. the two of us cuddled into one another, causing the person sitting next to luke very uncomfortable.

the beginning credits started rolling, causing luke to shush me quiet, though i wasn't saying a word.

i hit his chest jokingly and then shushed him quiet to see how he likes it.

and then luke sleepily sang along to the opening credit song, "grease is the word it's got groove it's got meaning,
grease is the time, is the place, is the motionnnnnn."

i giggled into his chest, feeling judging looks from the people around us stare.

"luke?" i whispered softly, trying to get his to lower his voice as well.

"hmm?" he hummed softly.

"let's eat candy." i sounded so childish whenever i was with this boy, i swear he has this effect on me.

he then smirked down at me, "good idea babe," and then he reached down and began to pull the candy we brought out of his bag, "see this is why im dating you."

luke zipped the bag back up and began unwrapping the boxes and packaging. he handed me over a pack of twizzlers, he knew those were my absolute favorite.

I set them in the cupholder in between the two of us and we both began picking a twizzler out one by one.

"did you make sure to get your favorite as well, babe?" i said between bites of the red candy.

he nodded quickly,

"sour patch kids." we both said at the same time, causing the two of us to crack up in after.

and then the beginning scene started playing, the two of our eyes quickly darting down to the tiny screen.

"shush." i playfully tapped his stomach and began watching the movie.

and then somehow our hands found their way back to each other, making this 14 hour flight somewhat bearable.

-

they are so cute i hate it wtf.
i just wanted to say ur comments make me so happy and i looove u guys so much
ok im so excited for them to be in Australia is it normal to be so excited for ur own writing

ok bye ily once again
natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.1K 37
*will start editing starting on saturday*