I have 5 kids and the oldest...

By rebecca1994

Maggie is an irish teenager, at school she has good grades and she is a lovely kind girl. At home she is a mo... More

I have 5 kids and the oldest is 9, im 17.
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
authors note
chapter 5
chapter 6.
chapter 7
chapter 9
authors note.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12
chapter 13.
CHAPTER 14
chapter 15
Authors note,

chapter 8.

451 6 0
By rebecca1994

Its been exactly seven weeks since my dads funeral , we seem to be coping ok. Tom is leaving for Australia tomorrow, I had to get a job and school has been ok, its almost April now, and the warm weather is starting to kick in. I think about Dad everyday and we all think about him at dinner sharing little snippets of memories. The day after the funeral I confronted Matt, after what he said to that women i had to call my mother. He called me his girlfriend,  when i awoke in his arms the next morning I asked him did he mean what he said and he replied only if that was what i wanted. He comes over for dinner three times a week and i see him in school everyday. 

It was five in the evening and I was helping Tom to pack his last few things, He was catching the bus from town to Dublin Airport at 2 in the morning, I cooked him a large Irish feast and the children gave him some presents they had made for him. I got together some money and purchased him an ipod i got Matt to update an ipod as we ' have a laptop. At 9 o clock, the kids and Tom had gone to bed, I sat in the sitting room and grabbed the post that i didn't have time to read earlier. Bill, Bill, letter, Bill Bill, wait letter ? We never got post other than bills, which were becoming hard to pay. I quickly tore open the letter and found that it was a solicitors letter reading, "The custody of Scarlett Johnson, Benjamin, Sheila, Cáitlin, Aaron and Gabrielle Byrne is awarded to Margaret Byrne for life." I dropped the letter and screamed with delight. After I had calmed down I reread the letter and saw that Scarlett's name would change to Byrne and that I was able to adopt the children, to have them as my children but only when i was 21. I found that the state will be giving me various benefits and children's allowance. I also found that there was an account that I could gain access to when I turned 21. I climbed the stairs that night with a smile on my face. For the first time in weeks I slept well that night. I woke at 1.30 AM to say goodbye to my big brother, he promised to stay in contact with us.After he left I headed back to bed and slept softly happy to see that my brother was going to make a life for myself, I often thought about going to college or taking a year out to travel, I always brushed them off and thought I have all i ever need. The next morning i woke at 7 and got my shower allowing myself only five minutes in it, I then filled the bath to the halfway line and woke up the girls, they recently turned 8 and were becoming troublesome, I literally dragged Sheila from her bed down to the bathroom and asked her to take a bath, I then asked her that the minute she went back upstairs to get dressed she was to send Cáitlin down straightaway for hers. I then went to wake up Benny he had his bath the night before so i asked him to quickly dress and to come downstairs to help me feed the animals and help with the cows. When I heard Cáitlin make her way back up the stairs I asked her to quickly dress and to come down and set the table, I also told her to get her dancing gear ready for after school, "and tell Sheila to get her football things ready " i shouted as she climbed the attic stairs. I heard squabbling and saw Scarlett and Aaron fighting over who got to go down the stairs first. I ran over to them and picked them up, they squealed in delight and I threw them on the bed that Scarlett slept in in my room, I still had to sort out a room for her and to fix up the spare rooms aswell. I thought to myself that after i finished in May while the kids were still in school I would do that. I grabbed a pink dress for Scarlett and a pair of old denim dungarees for Aaron and helped them dress. I then grabbed my sleeping baby from her cot and chased the other rascals down the stairs. They ran to the kitchen and jumped in their chairs, I was amazed at how Gabby had slept through this rumpus. I got the porridge that I had soaked the night before and stuck it on the hob, just as the kettle whistled Gabby woke up crying, I gave her a bottle of juice and placed her in her high chair. After 5 minutes, I pulled the porridge of the hop and poured it into 10 bowls, they were smaller portions than i usually had , that reminded me that I must buy some more. The twins walked in and sat down for breakfast, by now it was 8:10, Oh crap running late again I quickly fed Gabby and asked Sheila to go run and fetch the two farmhands and Benny. I ran upstairs to change Gabby i had nearly reached the bottom of the diaper box, huh another thing to remember. I was racing around my room when I saw last nights letter. I grabbed my school things and ran down the stairs. I raced into the kitchen and shouted to the kids that I am officially their real mammy and Scarlett was ours.we then ran to the car and piled it up with today's event material. After school I collected Gabby, and Aaron from creche, and dropped Scarlett of at Ballet, I ran to the printers and printed off 50 CVS in the hope that if I handed them in maybe a job would be on the offer. I then raced around handing them into any business that i saw in the hope i would get a call. I hopped back into the car and realised the time, 5:15. Oh the kids will kill me, I raced to the school and collected Benny and Sheila from soccer practice, I then raced to pick up Cáitlin from Irish dancing, I then picked up Scarlett from ballet, and drove to the swimming pool where i dropped off the elder 4. Scarlett was finished swimming at half six and the other three were finished at 7. I raced to the supermarket and grabbed the absolute essentials such as shampoos, baby wash, diapers and such. At half six I picked up Scarlett and we waited for the eldest children to finish, It was half seven before we got home, At 9 o'clock all children were fed washed and homework done and they toddled off to bed. I was starting to relax when i received a phone call to say that my job application had been accepted in the chemist down the road, I would work for 4.25 an hour and I would work from half four to half 6 on weekdays and 9 to half one on Saturdays, I was delighte and was told i would start next Monday evening, I was preparing the lunches for tomorrow when the phone rang again I picked it up and found that i was offered a job behind the bar at my local pub. I would be working for 3€ an hour and i would be working monday to thursday from 8 -11.30 and from friday to sunday from 7-1.30 with double pay on sundays. Delighted with this revelation i headed to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.8K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
39.5K 1.3K 17
18 year old Ymir grew up on the outskirts of a small Romanian village. On her 18th birthday she sought out to run away from home when things haven't...
94.8K 2.4K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...