Emily Black and the Order of...

By iluvremuslupin

Voldemort is back,the ministry won't believe it and have control over Hogwarts.Emily is going into her 5th ye... More

Beyond Repair
Sanity is overrated
The Trial?
Azkaban
Leaving marks
Back to Hogwarts
Athea Deters
Toadface
Detention
Hog's Head
Educational Degree
Dumbledore's Army
Weasley is our King
Quidditch tryouts
Saint Mungo's
Christmas
Vicious Circle of Immaturity
The Quibbler
Dumbledore's dismiss
Memory
Careers Advice
The Quidditch Final
Owls
The Department of Mysteries
Empty
Sequel

The Worst Holiday Ever

7.7K 324 79
By iluvremuslupin

(Emily's pov) 

My question was answered the next morning.Cece was talking about the next Hogmeade trip which was on February 14 but then she stopped talking.I looked up to see Cece clutching the daily prophet in her hand,which was turning a pale white from the pressure.She stood up and ran from the hall.I didn't follow her.Its better if shes alone for awhile and then she calms down.

I flattened out the paper as Fred and George came over.Their smiled immediately dropped as thy saw the first picture.

"He killed Uncle Fab and Gid"Fred said and I looked down below the picture.

Antonin Dolohov convicted of the brutal murders of Gideon and Fabian Prewett.

My eyes were drawn to the only woman in the ten pictures.Crazy black hair.Grey eyes.It could only be one person Bellatrix Lestrange.

Bellatrix Lestrange, convicted of the torture and permanent incapacitation of Frank and Alice Longbottom.

"Longbottom"George whispered. "Cece?"

I took a sip of my pumpkin juice and sat it out all over George as I read the headline.

'MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN 

MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS 'RALLYING POINT'FOR OLD DEATH EATERS'

'The Ministry of Magic announced late last night that there has been a mass breakout from Azkaban.

Speaking to reporters in his private office, Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic, confirmed that ten high-security prisoners escaped in the early hours of yesterday evening and that he has already informed the Muggle Prime Minister of the dangerous nature of these individuals.

'We find ourselves, most unfortunately, in the same position we were two and a half years ago when the murderer Sirius Black escaped,'said Fudge last night.'Nor do we think the two breakouts are unrelated. An escape of this magnitude suggests outside help, and we must remember that Black, as the first person ever to break out of Azkaban, would be ideally placed to help others follow in his footsteps. We think it likely that these individuals, who include Black's cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, have rallied around Black as their leader. We are, however, doing all we can to round up the criminals, and we beg the magical community to remain alert and cautious. On no account should any of these individuals be approached'

I glared at the sheet and I crushed it just like Cece did.George wiped the pumpkin juice off him but I didn't care.

I glanced up to the staff table and I saw Sev raise an eyebrow at me.

'We need to talk'I mouthed and he nodded before getting up.I quickly followed and from the corner of my eye I saw Umbridge scowl at me.I walked quietly to the dungeons, thinking over everything.They were blaming dad!Those-Those...I can't even find a word to express my anger.

"Look.I do not appreciate you entering my mind,okay?But I'm willing to compromise.I will forgive you if you tell me what Dumbledore plans to do with me...the monster"I said and Sev rolled his eyes.

"No need for the dramatics but I'll tell you anyway.He plans on using your powers.That is all I know"He said and I narrowed my eyes.Was he lying?

"Okay.Good.Dad got blamed"I stated and Sev nodded.I laughed coldly before going forward and taking a potion from the shelf.I downed it and he raised an eyebrow.

"I needed to calm down"I said calmly before putting down the Calming Draught.

"Bodrick Bode was murdered by the Death Eaters"Sev said and I raised an eyebrow.

"And?"I asked,emotionless.I didn't know him,I wasn't going to weep about it.

"He was an unspeakable"Sev replied. Voldemort wants something in the department of mysteries but what?

"He was happy last night.I guess that was from a combination of the escapes from Azkaban and Bode's death"I said and Sev nodded.

I took that as the end of the conversation.Over the next couple of days whispers followed Cece and I everywhere.

'Why is Longbottom with Black?Your father's cousin tortured her parents!Into insanity'

'I bet Black is getting help from her'

'Let's go the other way.I don't want to be near anyone whose related to Lestrange'

I sat in Sev's classroom with Cece,Neville and Susan Bones from Herebology.Her aunt,uncle and cousins were murdered by one of the ten escapees and she wanted to escape.

"It's getting better.But I don't like being stalked and asked questions" Susan said and I nodded sympathetically.

"I know"I replied and she smiled sadly at me.

"I feel so sorry for you.Its not your fault who your dad is"She said and I but me tongue to stop me from talking and I nodded.Sev smirked from across the room and I stuck my tongue out at him.I was actually surprised when he offered his class for my homework because I got kicked out of the library and I can't stand the common room.Of course I was never in it with Quidditch practise.Sev didn't know I was bringing people but he couldn't throw them out.

The door opened as I talked to Sev about Quidditch and how I would eat his team's ass(It was a one-way conversation).I turned around to see Umbridge and I turned immediately around and pulled a face and Susan laughed.

"Now you know that every group of three or more people has to be verified by me but that is not why I am here.There is a new educational decree.Teachers are hereby banned from giving students any information 

that is not strictly related to the subjects they are paid to teach."she said in her stupid fake voice.

"He's my uncle!"I exclaimed and Umbridge smiled cruelly at me.

"We can't have favouritism can we?Good day to you all"she said and with that she was gone.I looked over at Sev and he had gone very pale.This decree was directed at me.Thats why she told me personally.

That evening I sat with Fred and George as I bandaged Lee's bleeding hand.He winced as my hand hit the writing but I continued wrapping it until his hand was covered in a white bandage.

"Thanks"Lee said and I smiled softly.I shared a worried glance with Fred and George before looking down at my feet.

Umbridge supervised all Divination and Care of Magical Creatures classes.She was ruining my life.A bit dramatic but she was.I felt bad for Hagrid and my hate for Umbridge grew.I was pretty much the Gryffindor healer and anyone who had detention with Umbridge came to me afterwards.

January went by quickly with DA meetings,homework and Quidditch.I was getting better and Quidditch,sadly I can't say the same for my fellow beater Andrew Kirke.He was so bad and often fell off his broom if the bludger went near him.

"Seamus asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him"Cece commented as she sat on her bed.

"Cool"I said distractedly as I tried to turn the nearby pillow into a parrot.

"Do we even need to know that for OWL's?"she asked and I looked up and grinned.She shook her head at me before getting up.

"I hope you don't mind me leaving you "Cece said,worriedly and I laughed as a parrot flew around the room.

"Angelina wants us to have a full day of Quidditch practise and I wasn't going to go anyway"I said,waving my wand and the bird disappeared.

"Too much memories?"she asked softly and I nodded.

"I'll go any day but Valentine's"I said. "It's a stupid holiday anyway"

February 14th approached quickly and I was studying more than Hermione which is quite unnatural.I could hardly look at George as I heard a rumour that he wanted to ask me to Hogsmeade.Of course it probably wasn't true but I didn't want to risk it.I found myself thinking about him more and it irritated me.Why couldn't I just like nobody for the rest of my life?Is that too much to ask for?

Cece met up with Seamus in the Great Hall and I sat beside Ginny.She frowned and waved at Michael Corner her boyfriend before rolling her eyes and leaning forward.

"He hardly ever talks.He just...looks. Its freaky"she whispered and then we both started laughing.

"Oi Team!Out Now!Angelina shouted and Ginny and I shared a look before laughing again.We walked out into the warm February breeze and we shared a disgusted look as Andrew Kirke came towards us.

"Hello ladies"he said smiling and I grimaced.

"Try not to fall off your broom today Kirke"Angelina said coldly from behind us and I smiled at her grateful as he went to Ron.

"Okay.Look if we want to beat Hufflepuff.We have to work!For Merlin's sake they're Hufflepuff!" Angelina shouted as we hovered in the air.She let out the balls and split us into teams.Katie and Ginny and I(Ginny was playing chaser for first half of training) against Angelina, Alicia and Andrew.The team with the most scores won.

I hit the bludger at Alicia with as much force as I could and the quaffle fell.I went to retrieve it and I stopped about a metre from Fred and George.

"What in Merlins name are you two doing here?"I asked,picking up the quaffle.

"It's nice to see you too Em"George said sarcastically.I rolled my eyes at him and motioned for them to go on.

"We wanted to see our masterpiece. You are quite good"George continued.

"Of course not as good as us"Fred finished,smiling at me.

"Oi Weasley!I want Black back!" Angelina shouted.

"Oh but Angie its Valentine's Day my dear"Fred shouted and rolled her eyes but a faint blush appeared on her dark skin.I waved and got on my broom before continuing to hit the bludger at the other team.

The whole day was pointless really. None of us improves and we sucked. We were going to lose.Ron wasn't confident enough while Andrew was just horrendous.I was glad when I lay on the couch in the common room beside Fred and George.

Cece returned an hour later,a large grin on her face.

"Seamus and I are dating!"she exclaimed and I grinned at her.

"Congratulations"I said and then said Irishman appeared and took her hand. I smiled at them before dismissing himself.Why is everyone all lovey-dovey?Valentines is the worst holiday ever. 

---------------------------------------------A/NThank you all so much and thank you to 'AskingAmanda','Razzle58' 

'Potterheadtothecore' and 'MissHarryPottergirl' for fanning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721K 24.4K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
90.1K 3K 48
Alexandra has returned and will be extremely busy because of the goblet of fire, but her life will be even more scary when the dark lord rises and ha...
54.1K 1.1K 18
Is been a year and a half since the battle of hogwarts. A year and a half months since Clove saw Draco and lost her brother Fred. In those 18 months...
7.2K 892 10
"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice."