Dumbledore's dismiss

(Emily's pov) 

Two days later I sat in divination as Firenze,my new centaur professor, stood.The classroom was decorated to look like a forest and I felt somewhat relaxed.

"Emily Black"he said,inclining his head.I recognise him from the clan that I kind of threatened in my third year.

"Eh,it's nice to see you again"I said and Cece and I sat down on a...tree stump?Cece raised her eyebrow at the centaur and sat down.

Firenze talked about how he was banished from his herd and the first thing that came to my mind was a herd of cows.

He told us to lie down and told us to read the stars and planets on the roof

"Professor Trelawney did astrology with us!"Parvati said excitedly, raising her hand in front of her so that it stuck up in the air as she lay on her back. "Mars causes accidents and burns and things like that, and when it makes an angle to Saturn, like now-" she drew a right-angle in the air above her "that means people need to be extra careful when handling hot things-"

"That,"Firenze said calmly, is human nonsense."

"Trivial hurts, tiny human accidents," Firenze said , as his hooves thudded over the mossy floor."These are of no more significance than the scurryings of ants to the wide universe, and are unaffected by planetary movements."

"Professor Trelawney-" began Parvati, in a hurt and indignant voice.

"-is a human,' said Firenze simply. "And is therefore blinkered and fettered by the limitations of your kind."

"Oh yes and centaurs are superior because they can foresee people's suffering and pain yet they do nothing about it!"I said and Firenze turned to me.

"Some people have to die"he said,his startling blue eyes meeting mine.

"Some people have to die?For what?The greater good or something?"I ask,my voice unnaturally high pitched.

"Please leave your personal problems outside the classroom"he said and I scoffed.I'd hardly call it a classroom. He pointed up at a bright red star,addressing the class once again.

"In the past decade, the indications have been that wizardkind is living through nothing more than a brief calm between two wars. Mars, bringer of battle, shines brightly above us, suggesting that the fight must soon break out again. How soon, centaurs may attempt to divine by the burning of certain herbs and leaves, by the observation of fume and flame ..."

The class was...odd and I was fuming at the bloody centaur.Who is he to say he's superior and that some 'petty' humans must die.

I walked out into the fresh air with Cece.I walked into the forbiddin forest and Cece grudgingly followed.

"Where are we going?"Cece moaned and then she gasped as she saw the giant.He wasn't...that big.He looked around 16 feet and that's small for a giant.I gawked at him before taking a step back.I can't believe he brought a giant to Hogwarts.A giant!

"We should go"I whispered and Cece nodded before sprinting away.I have to talk to Hagrid.Umbridge will probably send him to Azkaban or something.

I didn't get to talk to Hagrid until April and he point blankly refused to remove his step-brother(he told me) Gawp or something. No it's Grawp.

The OWL's were getting nearer and all the fifth-years were suffering from stress to some degree, but Hannah Abbott became the first to receive a Calming Draught from Madam Pomfrey after she burst into tears during Herbology and sobbed that she was too stupid to take exams and wanted to leave school now.