Skylark

By thatlittlebrunette

She's known as the thunder wolf. The one nobody dares to face. They say she's sweet and kind. But nobody k... More

.5
1
1.5
2
2.5
3
3.5
4
4.5
5
6
6.5
7
7.5
8
8.5
9
9.5
10
10.5
11
11.5
12
12.5
13
13.5
14

5.5

43K 2.2K 144
By thatlittlebrunette

5.5

 Thank you to @xoxocat for the amazing banner in the last chapter!

"Kellan, we aren't doing a rematch." I spoke chuckling at him.

"Come on! How'd you beat me in HALO?"

"It's really not that hard"

He grumbled things and Phoenix chuckled tightening his arms around my waist. I smiled, leaning over and reaching for the chip bowl which was right in my view. Grabbing a few chips I put them in my mouth, then, taking the last one and throwing it at Kellan-he quickly glared at me.

"Come on Kenn!" He spoke to Kennedy as she rolled her eyes.

"Kellan, I'm not versing you"

"Damn it" He grumbled,knowing that nobody wanted to play against him. Sometimes it worried me on how violent he could be.

I small silence passed between us and the doorbell rang.

"Kennedy! Kellan!" I heard a women yell. A woman with auburn hair walked in with a man next to her who had blonde hair. A little 7 year old boy was in their arms, "Kennedy-please hold Asher" The woman almost begged. Kennedy rolled her eyes and took the little boy in her arms.

"Why aren't you walking Asher?"

"Because my legs hurtttt" He complained. Kennedy chuckled, rolling her eyes at him.

"Whom is this?" The woman asked looking at me.

"Thats Phoenix's mate Skylark" Kellan yelled. The woman looked over with me her eyes large.

"Oh my goodness! Scar has told me so much about you! It's an honor to finally meet you" She beamed. I smiled, "Thank you..."

"April" She replied filling in her name for me, "And this is Cody, my mate" She spoke smiling. I shook hands with him.

They left soon after that, Kennedy stayed with me, introducing Asher to me. He was the cutest little thing, he had blonde hair and brown eyes. He looked just like Cody, except for the eyes of course.

"When I get older I wanna be like fiasco!" the little boy spoke, I looked at Kennedy and she shook her head smiling.

"He means Picassio, Asher here loves to paint"

The little boy nodded jumping up and down, smiling from ear to ear. Phoenix and Kellan had to go through pack things so once April and Cody left they quickly went to the office.

"I'm much better then him!" Asher told us jumping around. I smiled at his cuteness, Why must all children be adorable?

Phoenix came back at 10:59, almost breaking rule number one. I joked to him about it and he, extremely tired, just chuckled lazily. I walked up the stairs and got ready for bed, taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth. Once I finished I walked out to see Phoenix already passed out on the bed. And for once-willingly I slipped in to the bed next to him.

We woke up the next morning, I felt Phoenix's strong arm around me.

Does anyone ever have that urge to pee in the morning?

Well I have it right now, and I swear I'm gonna pee all over the bed if he doesn't let me go.

I squirmed in his grip, after moving around for a bit, I turned to him, poking his sleeping figure.

"Phoenix" I whispered.

No reply

"Phoenix" I repeated.

"Mhmm?" he replied half asleep

"Let me go I have to pee"

He chuckled and tightened his grip around me.

" I swear to god I will pee all over you"

"Phoenix Axel Reynolds, I won't stop taking if you don't let me go" I taunted, even though it wasn't really a threat.

I continued to squirm in his grip, "PHOENIX I SWEAR I WILL RIP YOUR MAN TESTICLES OFF IF YOU DON'T LET GO OF ME RIGHT NOW" I yelled.

I'm sorry, the pee is stressing me...

Phoenix let go complaining about his ears as I sprinted to the bathroom as fast as I could. After finally peeing, I washed my hands I quickly brushed my teeth, exiting the bathroom Phoenix's lazy ass was still on the bed. I couldn't blame him-it was Sunday and most of the pack took it as a lazy day. Chuckling I quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I allowed Phoenix to sleep in a little more, and walked downstairs. The kitchen was empty, so I decided on cooking something. Walking over to the stove I made eggs and bacon. When I turned around I lazily bumped into Phoenix.He avoided the hot pan and hugged me. Putting his head in the crook of my neck.

"Phoenix the eggs are gonna get cold" I whispered afraid that the pan would burn him. He mumbled something along the lines of 'I don't care' and backed up, the hot pan hitting his head in the process as the masterpiece splattered on the floor.

Phoenix didn't even flinch do to the hotness of the pan, he just simply took the spatula from my other hand and cleaned up the mess of eggs.

Stupid Lycan powers.

* * * *

I woke up from my nap at around one o'clock in the afternoon. I realized that I was still in my sweatpants and tank top. I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a grey long sleeved comfortable shirt. I wore my grey Victorias secret flip flops. Kellan was spending the day with Ashlee and Kennedy was currently out of town.

I sighed and laid back down on the bed. I decided to see what Phoenix was up to, I walked down the twisted hallways,finally making it to his office. I carefully knocked on the door, and opened it. Phoenix was busy scribbling away on a sheet of paper. His head snapped up when he saw me.

He smiled and the phone started ringing. He sighed and picked up the phone speaking to whoever was on the other end. I made my way to a couch and sat on it waiting for him to be done.

"Lark what are you doing here?" He asked me, sitting next to me. He picked me up trying to put me on his lap.

"Homeboy I swear I'll shock you if you take me off of this couch" I threatened. Phoenix just smirked, "Don't joke about that Sweetheart"

I rolled my eyes and made myself comfortable on the couch again.

"Phoenix is that a grey hair?" I asked pretending to take a piece of his hair. He sighed, "You have no idea how much work it is too be an Alpha"

I giggled and stood up walking over to his files, I opened a drawer and scanned through the tabs.

"You even have these color coded?"

"My mom... don't ask she's a strange person." He chuckled

"She seems nice"

" She is, just a little crazy" He chuckled replying. I shuffled through the folders and read the labels. I felt Phoenix's eyes on me, He walked over and stood behind me, putting his hand on mine. I froze due to the sudden contact, Phoenix started speaking very quietly.

"These are all the Alpha and Luna files. Its everything my father and mother had to face, the different rouge packs, people that aren't trustworthy, etc."

I nodded, my hand was slightly shaking, it wasn't like I could concentrate with his hand on me. I turned around and bumped into his chest, causing the drawer to shut. I looked down at the floor, before looking up at Phoenix. His different colored eyes looked at me, with slight confusion. He looked at my eyes and looked at me, we were so close to each other I just wanted him to kiss me.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked in a small voice.

I parted my lips and his wolf growled, "No"

And with that I smashed my lips on his, going up on my tip toes. He growled and pushed my back into the desk. I right away wrapped my legs around him as he picked me up, setting me down on the desk. I ran my hand through his hair, slightly tugging on it. He growled hungrily and bit my lip. We then parted, we both were breathing extremely heavily and Phoenix looked over at me. He gave me a boyish smile and looked at the papers that I was on.

"Oh sorr-"

"Its okay, they aren't even important, Sunday is my day off anyway. "

And with that he smashed his lips on mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 204 23
Aleksandryja Edrick. The girl who you don't even know exists. Maybe you've copied a couple times off her in class or she's done your homework for you...
4.2M 110K 51
Cover by @Miss_Sarcastic27 (I'm currently rewriting this book, but I am keeping the original version up until I finish the new version for anyone who...
28.8M 881K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
7.5K 439 7
"Killian what?" She asks while scribbling my name on the book. "Just Killian." She looks up at me with furrowed eyebrows. "No surname?" I smile fain...